Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Deal on "Sweet Summer Sun" 5 Disc set with book
Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 4, 2017 16:58

I was sorting out the recycling this morning when something caught my eye. . . check out the bottom centre of page 1.
Ollies Flyer
Ollies is a chain of discount/salvage stores in the US.
I guess they overestimated how many of us would pay $50+ for the Hyde Park set.
I'm going to see if I can pick one up: for $10 I'm sure the book is nice.

Re: Great Deal on "Sweet Summer Sun" 5 Disc set with book
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: March 4, 2017 18:13

Thanks for the ad shared. Do they accept online ordering?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 4, 2017 18:21

ElGeordie....

Do you live near Ollie's Outlet? Doesn't look like they do online orders. wanna pick one up for me? WOuld be happy to reimburse you and pay for shipping of course (paypal). winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 4, 2017 19:45

Thanks for the heads up! There happens to be an Ollies right around the corner from me in Marietta, Ga. They have a couple of stacks of these! Grabbed it, very nice set. Even though I had all of the digital content, it was worth $10 for the packaging!

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 4, 2017 21:35

Just got back from the store. I managed to snag the last one at my local Ollie's, As others have said they aren't a mail order operation - more of a pile it high, sell it cheap place. I think they're only on the East coast.
The box set was shrink wrapped but the barcode had been struck through with a sharpie. Nice for $10.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 5, 2017 04:03

Ross
Thanks for the heads up! There happens to be an Ollies right around the corner from me in Marietta, Ga. They have a couple of stacks of these! Grabbed it, very nice set. Even though I had all of the digital content, it was worth $10 for the packaging!

Ross..can u get me one? seriously.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 5, 2017 15:40

There are a few(3 or 4) here in the Detroit area,When I saw this post I called them but they all said they were already sold out...

Date: March 5, 2017 19:16

I called the 3 ones within a 30-mile radius where I am, and they were all sold out. Two of them said to call back Wednesday, though.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 6, 2017 20:19

As of 12:15 EST There were 3 left at the 2936 Knoxville Center Drive, Knoxville, TN Location. After I got my copy, that is. Thanks for the head's up, ElGeordie!

I actually got lucky... I went over on my lunch break and, after looking around the store, was about to give up when I decided I'd ask a stock clerk first. I was carrying the flyer in my hand and just asked if the clerk knew where I could find... and pointed to the flyer. To my surprise, she said, "Yes. If we have any left". She took me to a place I had already passed and I was about to be disappointed when she showed me where they had been. Until she said, "wait, there may be more". On the shelf below, behind multiple copies of another book, she reached in and pulled out four more, explaining, "There wasn't room for all of them when I stocked the shelves so I had to hide these behind other items".

Talk about dumb luck. If I hadn't asked that particular sales clerk, I probably wouldn't have gotten my copy. Not sure if I should thank Lady Luck or Miss Karma, but I'm glad they intervened on my behalf!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 7, 2017 20:17

I just got one, thanks for the heads up!

Actually I bought 3 copies, so if 2 others want it for cost ($10.60 including tax, plus shipping -- in USA it would probably be about $4), send me a note:

leonidp7 at gmail dot com

Please include your iorr forum username, I'd like to be sure these go to forum-only members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-07 20:18 by LeonidP.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 7, 2017 21:15

what do the 5 disc comprise besides the Hyde Park show ?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 7, 2017 21:23

TheGreek
what do the 5 disc comprise besides the Hyde Park show ?

Disc 1 & 2 The Hyde Park show actually is on two discs, one DVD, one BluRay
Disc 3 is the 1969 Hyde Park Show
Disc 4 & 5 are CDs of the show (some different versions between the movie and the CDs.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 7, 2017 23:25

LeonidP...you've got mail...

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 7, 2017 23:59

Saw that too here in B'ham papers, going to swing by and see if any are left? Thanks!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 8, 2017 01:06

detroitken
LeonidP...you've got mail...

... and just replied!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home