Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac and Eagles
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 22, 2017 19:41

Just glad I saw them in 2014, with five of the seven Eagles. Meisner wasn't part of the tour due to health issues, and, obviously, Felder wasn't invited...but it was great seeing Bernie Leadon join the others.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 22, 2017 19:51

Jah Paul
Just glad I saw them in 2014, with five of the seven Eagles. Meisner wasn't part of the tour due to health issues, and, obviously, Felder wasn't invited...but it was great seeing Bernie Leadon join the others.

Yeah, I regret that I missed that now. You take chances and assume things will continue. Its insanely lucky I saw Tom Petty this year. A regret but it was expensive and I had really just gotten into them with the documentary. But that was their Mick Taylor 50th type tour and obviously the one to see.

Date: November 22, 2017 20:01

RollingFreak
Yeah, I regret that I missed that now. You take chances and assume things will continue. Its insanely lucky I saw Tom Petty this year. A regret but it was expensive and I had really just gotten into them with the documentary. But that was their Mick Taylor 50th type tour and obviously the one to see.

Yup, things can change quickly. I had never seen the Eagles before, even though I was a fan from when I was a kid when they started out. Saw TP in 2014 as well...had been a while since I'd seen him, so I made a point not to miss it. Skipped this time around (Hollywood Bowl, not my favorite venue), but was looking forward to the rumored smaller venue Wildlfowers tour that was being planned for next year. You just never know.

Date: November 22, 2017 20:16

Jah Paul
RollingFreak

Yup, things can change quickly. I had never seen the Eagles before, even though I was a fan from when I was a kid when they started out. Saw TP in 2014 as well...had been a while since I'd seen him, so I made a point not to miss it. Skipped this time around (Hollywood Bowl, not my favorite venue), but was looking forward to the rumored smaller venue Wildlfowers tour that was being planned for next year. You just never know.

Its why I'm seeing Dylan tonight lol. I've always resisted but if he dies tomorrow I don't wanna regret it. Bought the tickets the day Dylan died. Very few people left on my "list" so at this point you do what you can. For me, I missed my chance at the Eagles, but if others don't feel the same I hope they enjoy. I'm sure it'll be a good show. You can't really go wrong with Walsh and Henley's voice.

Date: November 22, 2017 20:23

RollingFreak
Its why I'm seeing Dylan tonight lol. I've always resisted but if he dies tomorrow I don't wanna regret it. Bought the tickets the day Dylan died. Very few people left on my "list" so at this point you do what you can. For me, I missed my chance at the Eagles, but if others don't feel the same I hope they enjoy. I'm sure it'll be a good show. You can't really go wrong with Walsh and Henley's voice.

Funny, the first time I saw both Petty and Dylan was together (with the Heartbreakers) as surprise guests at the Amnesty International show in Los Angeles in 1986. For me, I regret never seeing Bowie or Simon & Garfunkel...although, technically, S&G is still possible, but unlikely since they aren't even on speaking terms these days.

I agree about Walsh and Henley, especially Walsh, who really stole the show in 2014. He kind of stayed in the background for the first set, but really stepped it up after the intermission...incredible playing and was in great voice as well.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:04

Joe Walsh is doing a benefit concert for Veteran's Day on Sunday in Tacoma, WA. Pretty good lineup: Don Henley, James Taylor, Chris Stapleton, Haim & Ringo Starr. He was just on the morning news (7AM!). Pretty funny. They asked him for favorite memories of Seattle & his response was "well, according to the police reports...". Pretty funny & Joe was real lucid compared to the old days. He's such a great guitar player.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 17:28

crholmstrom
Joe Walsh is doing a benefit concert for Veteran's Day on Sunday in Tacoma, WA. Pretty good lineup: Don Henley, James Taylor, Chris Stapleton, Haim & Ringo Starr. He was just on the morning news (7AM!). Pretty funny. They asked him for favorite memories of Seattle & his response was "well, according to the police reports...". Pretty funny & Joe was real lucid compared to the old days. He's such a great guitar player.
I can't believe Joe is 70. I've seen old interviews of him where he was completely incoherent on booze. Great recovery.

Date: November 9, 2018 19:28

keefriff99
crholmstrom
I can't believe Joe is 70. I've seen old interviews of him where he was completely incoherent on booze. Great recovery.

For all the tragedies in rock, still having Joe doing as well as he is is a miracle and doesn't really get enough attention. I know its similar to Keith and a ton of other heavy druggies and boozers from the 60s and 70s (Ace Frehley springs to mind from the KISS thread), but Joe really turned his life around and I'm so proud of him. And still plays as mean a guitar as he always has. So happy he's still with us.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home