Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac and Eagles
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 18, 2017 07:32

keefriffhard4life
peoplewitheyes
Do FM play any of the Bob Welch era tunes (Future Games, Emerald Eyes etc) 'these days' or has that chapter in their history been disappeared?

they haven't done that since probably the late 70's

They do not, nor probably should they. Its not what people want to hear and Lindsey and Stevie are basically their frontmen so it would be weird. The only thing they SOMETIMES do is Oh Well and thats pretty rare too. Not that I'm against them doing that stuff. Those albums are fantastic and I'd love to hear older stuff like Jewel Eyed Judy or Bare Trees or Miles Away. A lot of great forgotten songs. Unfortunately, and again I don't blame them, most people only know 1975 FM and on so none of those older songs have ever been played with them. Its a totally different band.

Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac and Eagles
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2017 07:39

Don't know the last time or how often the current lineup plays Hypnotized, but here's a clip of them doing it in 1975:

Fleetwood Mac - Hypnotized - 10/17/1975 - Capitol Theatre

Nothing really compares to the superior Bob Welch era original studio version though - a staple of FM rock stations since it was released - I still hear all the time on one of my local stations.

I Guess "Hell Has Froze ove Twice"
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: May 17, 2017 23:35

Seems the rumor has came true, Deacon Frey has agreed to fill his Dad's shoes and the Eagles will carry on touring this summer besides the East and West shows.

Re: I Guess "Hell Has Froze ove Twice"
Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 17, 2017 23:46

Eagles? Bah! Pigeons is more like it.

Date: May 17, 2017 23:50

OT?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2017 23:57

I wont be able to sleep ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 18, 2017 00:03

DandelionPowderman
OT?

I wrote that message too and then deleted it. I thought - let him have his Eagles moment in our forum.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 18, 2017 03:26

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 18, 2017 06:07

schwonek
I wrote that message too and then deleted it. I thought - let him have his Eagles moment in our forum.

That's a funny line. I like that a lot.

I respect Eagles fans in a post-BIG LEBOWSKI world. It can't be easy for them.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 19, 2017 00:35

Horrific "music"

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 19, 2017 00:41

Rockman
I wont be able to sleep ....

Rockman.........oh never mind.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 19, 2017 01:19

Shame Frey died in the first place but it's prolly not the Eagles anymore...Frey? Felder? Meisner?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 19, 2017 01:51

So if Dhani Harrison and Sean Lennon joined Paul and Ringo, would it be The Beatles? ugh

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 19, 2017 01:53

It's all about the Benjamins, folks.

Date: May 19, 2017 02:10

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 19 May 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2017 04:15

DrPete
So if Dhani Harrison and Sean Lennon joined Paul and Ringo, would it be The Beatles? ugh

If Jason Bonham joined Jimmy Page, John Paul, Jones, and Robert Plant, would it be Led Zeppelin?

But to answer your question regarding The Beatles, I agree...ugh...

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 19, 2017 04:28

Oh caught me Hairball. I'm a hypocrite as I totally loved the non Zeppelin reunion show. And I like The Who ( aka The Two) with Ringo s son on drums.

Date: May 19, 2017 04:30

Same here Dr. Pete! thumbs up

Date: May 19, 2017 04:40

BUT...that 'Songs of Cream' thing Rockman posted sounds a bit iffy at first glance...but I suppose as a tribute it might be good?
And at least they have other bands outside of this project...

Reminds though of the Jason Bonham experience playing Zeppelin songs which just doesn't sound right to me.
Imagine Julian Lennon touring and playing all the songs his dad created as a Beatle and solo...eye rolling smiley...something he actually might have pondered over the years due to his own lackluster career...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 19, 2017 06:59

Can it be IORRians have already forgotten the Sons of Beatles posts? Could it be possible some of you are unaware of these legendary posts? There are hundreds of them. I urge you to use the Search function. You're welcome.

Date: May 19, 2017 07:50

If I recall from those Sons of Beatles posts, it was almost a reality at one point?!!

I even seem to recall there was a heated debate amongst IORRians over who should fill in for John - winking smiley - Julian or Sean.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: May 19, 2017 08:40

Hairball

Imagine Julian Lennon touring and playing all the songs his dad created as a Beatle and solo...eye rolling smiley...something he actually might have pondered over the years due to his own lackluster career...

Imagine? I wish I didn’t have too. Julian sounds so eerily like his father that after his own career fizzled out he should’ve had a yearly residence in Vegas singing I’m A Loser and etc. Not because he needed the cash but because he had both a filial and global responsibility to extend his father’s divine voice for one more generation. But he shirked it. Whether it was out of hubris or sour grapes I dunno but the world is still not living as one and nobody gives a rat’s about the Eagles...

And you know why nobody really misses Elvis? Cuz virtually every town on earth has one or two decent impersonators. Sure there’s a few Lennon impersonators but they’re no bloody good because they’re obviously impostors. Sean would do it but he doesn’t have the voice. In the name of the Father, Julian, please make the call to Ringo!

Date: May 19, 2017 09:26

Swayed1967
Hairball

Imagine? I wish I didn’t have too. Julian sounds so eerily like his father that after his own career fizzled out he should’ve had a yearly residence in Vegas singing I’m A Loser and etc. Not because he needed the cash but because he had both a filial and global responsibility to extend his father’s divine voice for one more generation. But he shirked it. Whether it was out of hubris or sour grapes I dunno but the world is still not living as one and nobody gives a rat’s about the Eagles...

And you know why nobody really misses Elvis? Cuz virtually every town on earth has one or two decent impersonators. Sure there’s a few Lennon impersonators but they’re no bloody good because they’re obviously impostors. Sean would do it but he doesn’t have the voice. In the name of the Father, Julian, please make the call to Ringo!

Hahaha this is a classic post.

In the name of the father...do it Julian!!! grinning smiley

Date: May 19, 2017 09:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 19, 2017 12:55

Rockman

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 19 May 2017
I would go see these guys .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 12:59 by TheGreek.

Date: May 19, 2017 13:04

schwonek
DandelionPowderman
OT?

Of course! But I thought this was something about WWIII / the Mick and Keith-feud, or something before clicking it smiling smiley

Date: May 19, 2017 13:07

Rockman

if the hotel is indeed selling items the the eagles have trademarked already then its illegal. not sure what the issue is here or why you posted this as if it shows the band is money hungry. they are protecting intellectual property that they own. the article makes it clear they aren't suing the hotel because of the name or any other hotel that has the same name

Date: May 19, 2017 13:11

keefriffhard4life
Rockman

if the hotel is indeed selling items the the eagles have trademarked already then its illegal. not sure what the issue is here or why you posted this as if it shows the band is money hungry. they are protecting intellectual property that they own. the article makes it clear they aren't suing the hotel because of the name or any other hotel that has the same name

I don't think it's that simple. The sale of effects and merch, yes, that's way over the line.

But if indeed the hotel was established as «Hotel California» way before the Eagles formed, changed their name and then changed it back again - it becomes a bit more shady what's right or wrong here, imo.

Date: May 19, 2017 13:17

possibly but it still appears they aren't suing the hotel to make it change its name. if the hotel is selling shirts, keychains, etc with the name on it and the eagles have ownership on those things then the hotel can't sell it.

Date: May 19, 2017 13:19

keefriffhard4life
possibly but it still appears they aren't suing the hotel to make it change its name. if the hotel is selling shirts, keychains, etc with the name on it and the eagles have ownership on those things then the hotel can't sell it.

Agreed. I read earlier that they planned to sue the hotel over the name. Perhaps they didn't go further with that.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home