Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does This Song Remind You Of Sympathy For The Devil?
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 2, 2017 04:47

Was watching Conan from last night and the band The Pretty Reckless played, and the song reminded me of Sympathy For The Devil. Not a fan of the band, but interesting. Thoughts?

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Does This Song Remind You Of Sympathy For The Devil?
Date: March 2, 2017 04:58

yes. yes. yes. It won't be long before Jagger/Richards receive a writing credit for this ala Bittersweet Symphony

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 2, 2017 05:22

Rip off.
Lame lyrics - "I wanna raise the dead, find a note that I can shred"
Good looking gal model/singer though. thumbs up

Singer Taylor Michel Momsen (from wiki):
"In 2000, Momsen played the role of Cindy Lou Who in Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

grinning smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 2, 2017 07:00

Hairball
Rip off.
Lame lyrics - "I wanna raise the dead, find a note that I can shred"
Good looking gal model/singer though. thumbs up

Singer Taylor Michel Momsen (from wiki):
"In 2000, Momsen played the role of Cindy Lou Who in Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

grinning smiley

haha classic lyric! don't stop now boys. the Nobel ceiling has been shattered; you could be next.

reminds me of the classic of all classics; it's almost like they should just hang this quote up on the front of the rock and roll hall of fame, shutter the windows and lock the doors; it's not gonna get any better than this...

...from 70's superstar conglomeration, Starz debut album (produced by Jack Douglas) a little ditty called 'pull the plug' featured these charming couplets, and many thousands of us hung up our guitar for good, dumped those old notebooks, and took the cartridges out of our bic pens to better use the tubes as snorting devices...because the top of the mountain had been conquered, and there would be no sense in belaboring the point....

IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE YOUR VITAL SIGNS WENT...
AND YOU DON'T LOOK THE SAME IN THAT OXYGEN TENT
NOW, IF I GET CAUGHT...I DON'T CARE IF I GET HUNG
I CAN'T LET MY BABY LINGER ON IN AN IRON-LUNG

i know; makes you want to just weep when you think what art can do; how it can just change everything about everything in life....
...but they didn't stop there....
showing class as well as courage and a depth of poetic supremecy...

GOOD-BYE MY SWEET, UNDERSTAND WHAT I'VE DONE...
YOU CAN'T SUFFER NO MORE IF THE MOTOR WON'T RUN

ladies and gentleman, I rest my case.

Date: March 2, 2017 07:14

gosh that's not even an homage what those guys are doing; even with the that old 'debble' coming into the story; it's so perfectly precisely garb de baje...
everything is perfeckt. it's so wrong it's a good thing it's kind of funny.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 2, 2017 07:20

hopkins
gosh that's not even an homage what those guys are doing; even with the that old 'debble' coming into the story; it's so perfectly precisely garb de baje...
everything is perfeckt. it's so wrong it's a good thing it's kind of funny.

thumbs up

If this is the state of Rock and Roll, I'm jumping off this train before it makes the next stop.

*(above words inspired by The Pretty Reckless). winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 2, 2017 10:01

Gee - I sort of like it. It's just a bit of rock, that's all. It don't have Dylan or Springsteen lyrics, so? It's just rock.

Rod

Date: March 2, 2017 12:11

oh i don't expect complicated lyrics. some of my favorite STones lyrics are 'ding dong oh yeah' it works perfectly with the song...they are ringin' it and it's going 'ding dong' , oh yeah! that's fine with me!! I like REM and I can't even understand the lyrics half the time...my kind of mumbling tho...and i respect you can like this group. I actually like the Starz album; that's how i knew about those dumb lyrics that I actually like...I think I bought like 3 of their albums; tho they never made it I liked it a lot; kind of like Kiss w out makeup and guys who could really sing a little and play a lot better...but hard hair band rock waay before hair band rock in the 80's...these guys tho i personally couldn't handle. I mean it was perfect; everything was perfect. the singer had a good voice, the instrments were played well; it was produced well...it was just sort of well out of respect ...it wasn't so much the lack of cool lyrics or the addition of dumb ones; Ramones were the Shakespeare of dumb lyrics and it really worked for me..."i don't wanna walk around wit chu, i don wanna walk aroun wit u; why u wanna walk around wit me i don't want to walk around wit chu..."
i mean...that got me out of several jams...smiling smiley
ain't even hopin' to find a lyric better than 'i got a girl named daisy she almost drives me crazy...'
I think my favorite Stones lyrics could be Rip This Joint. especially that round and round and round we go...
whips me around blows my freaking mind...if they pull it off it ain't hyperbole...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-05 05:30 by hopkins.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 2, 2017 12:45

You want a song that reminds you of Sympathy? Check this out, from the middle onward.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 2, 2017 12:46

And the above inspired this by The Verve.

Date: March 2, 2017 16:48

JohnnyBGoode
Was watching Conan from last night and the band The Pretty Reckless played, and the song reminded me of Sympathy For The Devil. Not a fan of the band, but interesting. Thoughts?

[www.youtube.com]

The vocal line reminds me of Jagger's', the entire song prob inspired by STDF. Not exactly a rip-off though.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 2, 2017 16:52

hopkins
oh i don't expect complicated lyrics. some of my favorite STones lyrics are 'ding dong oh yeah' it works perfectly with the song...they are ringin' it and it's going 'ding dong' , oh yeah! that's fine with me!! I like REM and I can't even understand the lyrics half the time...my kind of mumbling tho...and i respect you can like this group. I actually like the Starz album; that's how i knew about those dumb lyrics that I actually like...I think I bought like 3 of their albums; tho they never made it I liked it a lot; kind of like Kiss w out makeup and guys who could really sing a little and play a lot better...but hard hair band rock waay before hair band rock in the 80's...these guys tho i personally couldn't handle. I mean it was perfect; everything was perfect. the singer had a good voice, the instrments were played well; it was produced well...it was just sort of well out of respect ...it wasn't so much the lack of cool lyrics or the addition of dumb ones; Ramones were the Shakespeare of dumb lyrics and it really worked for me...i don't wanna hand around wit u i don wanna hang aroun wit u why u wanna hang around wit me i don't want to hang around wit you...
i mean...that got me out of several jams...smiling smiley
ain't even hopin' to find a lyric better than 'i got a girl named daisy she almost drives me crazy...'
I think my favorite Stones lyrics could be Rip This Joint. especially that round and round and round we go...
whips me around blows my freaking mind...if they pull it off it ain't hyperbole...

I too like Starz - especially the Violation album.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 2, 2017 21:49

Of course it does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home