Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saville 1969
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 28, 2017 07:21

December 1969 William Lovelace photos

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Saville 1969
Date: February 28, 2017 09:27

Ok, now if you take THIS thread to multiple pages too, I am out of here. LOL

Date: February 28, 2017 11:51

Love the Hiwatt-sound! thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 11:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 28, 2017 11:54

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 12:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 28, 2017 11:55

Date: February 28, 2017 12:01

Ha! Those are your videos, Exilestones! thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 28, 2017 13:27

Jagger at his peak here I reckon.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 28, 2017 14:11

Great videos and pics.
Yep a truly great period.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:29

What is Saville ?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:41

I've been interested in those after free-show for years, and there is no enough information about it, another holy grial IMO

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:58

Koen
What is Saville ?

Saville Theatre, London

Date: March 1, 2017 02:42

DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Yes! Incredible guitar sound. Who is Jagger pissed off about LOL? Twice he is talking to someone, telling yhem to "@#$%& off" and get the @#$%& out of here".

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 1, 2017 08:08

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Yes! Incredible guitar sound. Who is Jagger pissed off about LOL? Twice he is talking to someone, telling yhem to "@#$%& off" and get the @#$%& out of here".

If you listen through to the end Jagger starts to "threaten" the audience for not moving around with the music.

I was in the Dress Circle (ie high up) at the second show and he obviously had a thing about the audience not getting up and moving because he berated us more than once about it.

Personally I'd have loved to have got up for a quick dance, but the rake of the Dress Circle was steep. Really really steep. If it had been any steeper, then the ushers would have been roped togther to show us to our seats!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 1, 2017 09:47

I tried very hard but unsuccessfully to get a ticket to this show. Apparently decades later it still rankles. grinning smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 1, 2017 11:28

Aquamarine
I tried very hard but unsuccessfully to get a ticket to this show. Apparently decades later it still rankles. grinning smiley

Aquamarine avert your eyes...

I heard about the show listening to Radio One (BBC) on the Sunday prior (which to a first approximation was during Altamont which is a bit wierd), and the DJ (who I think was Annie Nightingale, but don't shoot me if wrong) said that the Saville Theatre box office opened the next morning (ie Monday).

At the time I was working in London, so I left home slightly earlier than usual, and made my way there.

At about 08:30... I was the only person there!!!. It was actually open when I got there, and the nice lady asked me where I wanted to sit and showed me a schematic that was almost totally empty.

I pointed to two seats in the Dress Circle, paid my money and left.

Isn't hindsight wonderful. I could/should at the very least bought 6+ seats and passed them on to desperate friends.

I still have the ticket.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 1, 2017 12:03

This is super cool. I don't know much about these shows and would like to. Is it written about, in detail, anywhere? Or if people here want to -- can you say more about the context/backstory? how the shows were received? anyone of note who attended? (other than Captain C here), what the Stones thought of theses show? in retrospect, what do we fans tend to think about these shows, performances, vibe of band, etc. particularly coming off the US tour (not to mention Altamont)? I see Mick is wearing his Omega/Gemini shirt still/again, which sort of surprises me...I wouldn't have thought he'd have wanted to see that thing again for a long time...

thanks
-swiss

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2017 13:27

ROCKMAN

Date: March 1, 2017 13:40

...................... David Berglass !!!!!!!........ that's weird

ROCKMAN

Date: March 1, 2017 14:37

ROCKMAN

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 1, 2017 15:09

not as weird as Shakin' Stevens! (if it's the same 80s pop-a-billy guy that i'm thinking of)

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 1, 2017 15:15

Haha...

[youtu.be]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 20, 2017 22:27

According to the RS Database the second of the two Concerts was filmed in its entirety.
Anyone know the background to its lack of, even a TV showing?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 20, 2017 23:49

CaptainCorella
Aquamarine

Aquamarine avert your eyes...

I heard about the show listening to Radio One (BBC) on the Sunday prior (which to a first approximation was during Altamont which is a bit wierd), and the DJ (who I think was Annie Nightingale, but don't shoot me if wrong) said that the Saville Theatre box office opened the next morning (ie Monday).

At the time I was working in London, so I left home slightly earlier than usual, and made my way there.

At about 08:30... I was the only person there!!!. It was actually open when I got there, and the nice lady asked me where I wanted to sit and showed me a schematic that was almost totally empty.

I pointed to two seats in the Dress Circle, paid my money and left.

Isn't hindsight wonderful. I could/should at the very least bought 6+ seats and passed them on to desperate friends.

I still have the ticket.

So now the thread gets bumped I finally see this, and am green with envy all over again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home