Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Alphabetically, Chronologically, or Haphazardly...how do you file your Stones Records?!
Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:14

My LPs go: original official releases in a haphazard combination of how much I like the album and the order that I bought them in (with solo / side projects and Marianne thrown in the mix)--Primitive Cool is dead last, then all the new releases / reissues, then all my boots. CDs jumbled in a bin with other artists. Tapes jumbled in a different bin. 8 tracks in the drawer with the canned cat food. Wow, I feel very unorganized now! 1976 Keith could probably have done a better job organizing my music. confused smiley

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Re: Alphabetically, Chronologically, or Haphazardly...how do you file your Stones Records?!
Date: February 28, 2017 01:32

CDs & Vinyl - Chronilogically

DVDs/Blu-Ray - Oldest to Newest Addition

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:36

Does nobody go by how pretty the covers are?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:37

SomeTorontoGirl

Which is the prettiest?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:44

Studio albums and compilations: By release date.

Live albums: By recorded date.

Date: February 28, 2017 02:34

Deltics
SomeTorontoGirl

Which is the prettiest?

LIB. Silly question. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 03:30

SomeTorontoGirl

I actually thought about doing that once!, but decided it didn't work for me. I ended up with Stone Alone, Miss You (pink), Still Life, and Love You Live up at the front. B&B is first in my current set-up.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 28, 2017 03:55

SomeTorontoGirl
Deltics
SomeTorontoGirl

Which is the prettiest?

LIB. Silly question. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Are you forgetting Flowers?

Date: February 28, 2017 04:01

latebloomer
Are you forgetting Flowers?

[Headsmack!] Dammit! Yes.

(Smile) It was getting a bit testonteroney around here... thanks, ladies!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 05:41

Deltics
Chronologically.
I put the recent vault releases as per their recording date rather than their release date.

^ THIS

Rod

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 28, 2017 05:53

Official releases mixed in with bootlegs in chronological order, though 'archive' releases are put with their respective live years, rather than release years. Solo albums follow, then compilations that feature various members (i.e. 'Pay Pack and Follow', 'Boogie 4 Stu').

Some of you have mentioned the idea of compilations being separate. I might adopt that style. They always seem like they break the "flow" when I search my shelf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 15:41 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 28, 2017 06:05

My smartphone is linked to the files stored in my Sony Harddisc Player.
The song titles and credit etc. are automatically downloaded from data base.
I can sort out every single artist in one second.
It's a kind of rational approach.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 06:40

Chronologically by release date, but the process repeats with several categories of vinyl.

LPs

bootleg
stereo regular
stereo open London script
stereo rare pressings or mistakes
mono rare pressings or mistakes
mono
in shrink
sealed
promo
radio broadcast
12 singles
picture discs

for 7 inch

bootleg vinyl
bootleg picture discs
London vinyl promo
London vinyl stock
mistakes
Decca stock
Decca promo
Rolling Stones Records vinyl
solo
EPs foreign
bootlegs with sleeves
US picture sleeves for 45s
US Juke Box
Foreign sleeves
solo w/sleeves

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2017 07:09

SomeTorontoGirl

i am getting an interesting take in this study on the difference between male and female filing systems.

generally, men seem to have them.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 28, 2017 07:16

My vinyl records are all together but in no particular order. My live cassette tapes on the other hand are in order by date.

Date: February 28, 2017 07:20

treaclefingers
i am getting an interesting take in this study on the difference between male and female filing systems.

Not sure if it's a filing system or a fetish. If you dust them with peacock feathers, I don't want to know! eye popping smiley

Date: February 28, 2017 07:33

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers

Not sure if it's a filing system or a fetish. If you dust them with peacock feathers, I don't want to know! eye popping smiley

sounds suspiciously similar to "dusting" one's broom.

Date: February 28, 2017 09:26

Very roughly into boots and official - after that its anyone's guess. Racks, drawers, shelves and floor. Tried organizing so often, gave up.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 28, 2017 10:19

My entire collection is arranged chronologically by date of the most recent recording. Jagger solo goes with Js, Richards solo with the Rs, Watts, Wyman and Wood with Ws. My potty training must've been something!

A friend of mine catalogs his vinyl in the order he bought it. He's the only person who can finds things in his collection consistently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 13:55 by ab.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2017 10:28

By artist, and chronologically within each. Bootlegs separate.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 28, 2017 11:08

Weird thing is that only my Stones albums are filed in any real order.

All my other albums ae randomly located...just broadly grouped by artist and genre.

It works because, when they've been there for years, you just know where to find them.

Nobody else of course would be able to find anything in your collection...and it's a pain if you're ever looking for something that you last absently mindedly put back in the wrong place.

I once "lost" Ry Cooder's Into the Purple valley for years just because it had slipped an inch or two back from the front of the shelf after I'd "mis-filed" it .

Imagine my delight when I then one day stumbled accross it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 11:10 by Spud.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 28, 2017 12:28

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

We file anywhere, man...

Date: February 28, 2017 12:52

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

The ladies are perhaps more expert at filing shoes & handbags grinning smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 28, 2017 13:02

For boots...........x 13......

......(you could say I file my boots in handbags......(+ 3 x External HDs....

Official & silver disc boots in chronological order in CD drawer (+ on 3 Externals also..........(I used to have 2.5 TB of boots on just one HD but had a power surge which fried the internals.....it cost me £650 to get it all back...............

Vinyl in the cupboard - flat.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 13:05 by EddieByword.

Date: February 28, 2017 13:51

latebloomer
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

We file anywhere, man...

We are not old men, we are not worried about petty filing!

Date: February 28, 2017 14:14

SomeTorontoGirl
latebloomer

We file anywhere, man...

We are not old men, we are not worried about petty filing!

Ooo..that hurts.

You know perfectly well that many of us are at least on the verge of becoming old men...

....and we do indeed seem to be worried about petty filling confused smiley

Now I'm feeling sorry for myself.

..and I'm off to scatter my records all over the floor in the hope that it'll make me feel like a proper rebel ! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 15:13 by Spud.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 28, 2017 14:14

I am beginning to wonder if many of these organized filers are the same folks who
often label Stones records as over produced.

Date: February 28, 2017 14:18

MKjan
I am beginning to wonder if many of these organized filers are the same folks who
often label Stones records as over produced.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Tuna44 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 22:58

Chronologically, from left (oldest) to right (newest) in my CD collection.

Date: March 1, 2017 01:56

Spud
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

The ladies are perhaps more expert at filing shoes & handbags grinning smiley

oh dear! eye popping smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home