Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick Jagger guests on Brad Paisley album "Love And War", out April 21
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 27, 2017 18:51

wonder if the album title is a gimme shelter derivative.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 27, 2017 21:11

Seems the album tanked on the US chart.
So a visual album is coming (feat. Mick?).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 28, 2017 21:38

A country music first, Brad Paisley releases Love and War visual album available to stream for a limited time exclusively on app

On the heels of the release of his 11th studio album LOVE AND WAR last week, superstar Brad Paisley announces the release of the visual version of the same album exclusively on Apple Music on Friday, April 28. Paisley is the first country artist to release a visual album, and fans can view a sneak peek HERE.

Available to stream for a limited time exclusively on Apple Music, the LOVE AND WAR visual album represents all 16 songs from the album and flows seamlessly as a movie to tell the complete story. Locations of the video shoots ranged from a concert in a Sleep Number store in a mall, a party at Brad’s parent’s house to the USS Midway in San Diego, CA. Brad Paisley, Dave Brown, Derek Cressman, Frank Agnone, Jeff Venable, Jim Shea and Todd Cassetty were the directors involved. Producers included Ben Skipworth, Frank Agnone, Jim Shea, Kendal Marcy, Mark Kalbfeld and Todd Cassetty, and executive producer was Kendal Marcy.

“I feel like country music is so relatable to people,” remarked Brad Paisley, “and it can take so many forms, so why be pigeonholed with the simplicity of audio when you can pair it with something creative?” Paisley continued to remark about the first country music visual album, “I hope you’ll laugh, I know you’ll cry. I hope you’ll love it as much as I do.”

[www.bradpaisley.com]

Re: Mick guests on Brad Paisley album "Love And War", out April 21
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 28, 2017 22:11

stonehearted
I guess you'd need to see Mick dancing on the stage to see how he'd be shining on this. Fine, he sounds okay. But how does this illuminate what we really want to hear, that is, a continuation of the Rolling Stones?

I mean. are we interested in the sound of Mick Jagger's voice, to the exclusion of all else, or are we more interested in Mick Jagger's voice as a sound of the Rolling Stones?

Twelve years we've been waiting for new songs, and if it's not Doom and Gloom it's a doo-ette with Bad Parsley.

It's Mick Jagger trying to reach new fans through younger artists.

Someone should remind Mick of why he's famous, and what he'll be remembered for: it won't be his doo-ettes, that's for sure -- and you can take that history book to the bank.

Yikes. But not as harsh when he sang and danced w/ Taylor Swift.
Me, I think the dude works and stays sharp. That's why he really is the
Frontman and singer of all time, 50 years later.
He's not in front of the tele getting fat, which has to be pretty tempting? Nah, too much fun (after all the work) being MJ ;-)
CK fashion I bought today in salute -

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: April 28, 2017 22:39

35love
stonehearted
I guess you'd need to see Mick dancing on the stage to see how he'd be shining on this. Fine, he sounds okay. But how does this illuminate what we really want to hear, that is, a continuation of the Rolling Stones?

I mean. are we interested in the sound of Mick Jagger's voice, to the exclusion of all else, or are we more interested in Mick Jagger's voice as a sound of the Rolling Stones?

Twelve years we've been waiting for new songs, and if it's not Doom and Gloom it's a doo-ette with Bad Parsley.

Someone should remind Mick of why he's famous, and what he'll be remembered for: it won't be his doo-ettes, that's for sure -- and you can take that history book to the bank.

He's not in front of the tele getting fat, which has to be pretty tempting? Nah, too much fun (after all the work) being MJ ;-)

I love how Mick is forgiven for all things because he is fit and not fat lol.
If only life were that simple.
Fit does not = genius.
What a terrible piece of music although Mick don't sound too bad on it.
If this is what Micks 40 songs sound like he can keep them.

Date: April 29, 2017 00:29

There is a lot of in-between time, time between the RS.
And their (the RS) output in the last 6 years in a row
2012- present
has been tremendously satisfying.
So, he wants to sing and dance every now and then
instead of sitting around not being active
not being on a stage, using his voice, brain, women skills ;-)
You get my drift.
And I am not promoting this particle song/ outside activity
but I get it.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 29, 2017 01:00

BowieStone

Brad Paisley is 44 years old, it happens the same with any artist over 40 and anyone getting older: each new album sell less than the previous one.

Also the market it is migrating to streaming, artist with older audiences will get a hard time to sell albums in a couple of years.

Date: April 29, 2017 01:17

And genius CAN = fat if one sits around not growing
keeping their faculties fit.

Date: April 29, 2017 09:49

georgelicks
BowieStone

Brad Paisley is 44 years old, it happens the same with any artist over 40 and anyone getting older: each new album sell less than the previous one.

Also the market it is migrating to streaming, artist with older audiences will get a hard time to sell albums in a couple of years.

Yes, if only he would accept that. The album was made to sell.

Date: April 29, 2017 15:15

Mick features in this 'visual' album.
It's a video of the recording of the song, apparently separate from each other. Only a second or two where you can see Brad & Mick in the same room.

In the video it's Brad who plays the Stonesy guitar lick.
Matt Clifford is on keys (in the video).

You can check it on Apple Music.

I still like the song.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 29, 2017 22:33

From an interview with Kristin M. Hall of AP:

Finding common ground is Paisley's specialty. When hit-making producer Timbaland came into the studio with Paisley, they found their middle ground was bluegrass. On the Jagger-Paisley co-written "Drive of Shame," the impact that the Rolling Stones had on country music was the underlying thread.

"They are the greatest rock band in the world and a top five country one," Paisley said. "I didn't have to change at all because I have been ripping them off since I first started."

[apnews.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 29, 2017 23:54

35love
stonehearted

Refreshing to read some sympathic comment towards Mick Jagger in a Rolling Stones "fan" board these days. Thank you.

Like you I think it is this kind of thing which keeps Mick "ticking", to do something which keeps his mind fresh. But of course, the "purist" section of Rolling Stones fans - related cosely to Keithettes, no doubt - seems to see this as some kind of betrayel (while Uncle Keef, naturally, spends all his time in the studio dedicated to the next Rolling Stones album) or even making them ashamed of Mick's doings (exactly how and why? Him Move like Jagger?). Funnily, people seem to worry why Jagger 'wastes' his precious time by making a song with some current country star, while "Stones Jesus" Richards just spent some of his precious time by giving a performance in a show dedicated to one dead country star.

Like I said above I think the song is nothing to remember to afterwards, but who cares. Nice to see Jagger still kicking.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-29 23:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 30, 2017 02:05

The individual members of the Rolling Stones will not be remembered for their solo careers, which are simply nothing more than exercises in vanity and which began as a middle-aged diversion. Like Charlie Watts with his occasional big band combo records and concerts: Like his horses and his wardrobe closet, it's something he can afford to do, as an indulgence. Or Mick's production projects, his Hollywood party photo ops. Keith should have saved those songs from Cross Your Heart for the new album sessions -- they might not have "hit a wall" so early on.

If Mick Jagger had left the Rolling Stones in 1970, today his solo career would have been viewed on the same level as Bowie or Lou Reed. But he waited too late, until he was over 40. Because some smooth-talking record exec told him he could be the next Michael Jackson. But, as history has shown, he couldn't even be the next Mick Jagger.

The Rolling Stones have always been greater than the sum of their parts. That's their magic -- that they can create this collective "vibe", this "mood", this "feel" without being great as musicians, to create something that not even a collection of skilled session musicians could conjure up (Toto, anyone?).

Together they make each other better, better than the sum of their parts. Solo, they're just parts, nothing more.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 08:00

stonehearted
If Mick Jagger had left the Rolling Stones in 1970, today his solo career would have been viewed on the same level as Bowie or Lou Reed.

I've always found this topic fascinating. It's pure conjecture of course and so all bets are off! My feeling is that 1970 would have been too late. Beggars and Let It Bleed would have already been released, the 69 tour of No America would have happened ... all of which cemented in the public imagination Jagger as a Rolling Stone.

Realistically, I think he would have had to have gone solo during the 67-68 drug bust year and the temporary suspension of touring. The Stones could very well have imploded anyway during that time ... Mick's leaving might have made some sort of artistic/commercial/personal sense.

But I also don't believe he could have delivered the goods on his own. "Memo From Turner" notwithstanding there's simply not enough evidence that Mick alone could have cut it. Bowie produced an uninterrupted string of good- to great- to masterpiece-level records from 1970 to 1980 ... could Jagger really have written and recorded something as divine as Hunky Dory, or Ziggy Stardust, or Diamond Dogs, or Young Americans or the 'Berlin' trilogy, or Scary Monsters? Hard to imagine that, at least for me ...

Too much of Mick's ability, as you suggest, lay in the alchemy he concocted when paired with one K. Richards.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 1, 2017 08:05

Brad Paisley Talks About His Friendship with the Rolling Stones

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 1, 2017 12:49

Rockman
Brad Paisley Talks About His Friendship with the Rolling Stones

And that's how the "friendship" ends...
He's got what he wanted, a Stone on his album (the lead singer at that!), now he's trying to make the most out of it. Probably not realizing that headlines like these are closing the door for any future collaborations...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 12:58 by retired_dog.

Date: June 27, 2017 17:17

"I don't remember, I was many a beer and Obsession CK"

That's Mick's opening line.
Calvin Klein Obsession perfume- yes, the legend scent of drink and sex

Date: June 27, 2017 17:21

I heard Brad Paisley sing a television commercial this morning,
that voice- you stop everything and watch/ listen to him sing, all he needs is that voice with an acoustic guitar.
So, wanted to pay homage.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2017 17:32

Brad Paisley on "Today", August 4 - [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home