Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Now liner notes, another alteration
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: February 19, 2017 05:21

I learned something today that has been evident in my collection for 50 years, but I've overlooked it. Perhaps others have know about it, maybe it's been discussed or documented before, but I have never seen it in discussions, books, reference manuals, or on line.

I believe we've all known about the present or absent of "The Blind Man" text on the upper right corner on the back of Now. Those liner notes on first pressings originally made reference to hitting the blind man over his head to steal his wallet. That dialog was quickly removed in subsequent pressings, and the original variation became some what collectable, although today they are easy to find.

But today I learned via a person trying to sell a copy of Now for an exorbitant price because of the fact of a liner note error on this particular copy. I quickly checked all of my copies both stereo and mono LPS of Now and realized this error occurs on all copies. In the lower left corner of the back of the LP, Ian Stewart is given credit for playing organ on the song, Time Is On My Side. The problem or error is that Time Is On My Side does not appear on the album.

In 1986, the ABKCO CDs also printed this error. It wasn't until 2002, with the remastered series that the liner notes omitted the reference to Time Is On My Side.

I also checked the bootleg Russian 30 Disc set with bonus tracks of Now, they also include the error reference to Ian Stewart on organ for Time Is On My Side, but missed the chance of sticking it to London records by not including Time Is On My Side as one of the 9 bonus tracks.

Has anyone else ever noticed this?

I assume the new mono series with Now has the corrected credits, but does it mention the "Blind Man" text? I have not purchased any mono series discs yet.

Re: Now liner notes, another alteration
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 19, 2017 15:01

All the US 'Now' present Ian Stewart on 'Time Is On My Side' till the last LONDON are-issue. In 1986, ABKCO removed the song from the rear covers of all their issues and it never reappeared since. Generally speaking, covers without 'blind' text are rarer than the others. Bye, Luca

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home