Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith and Lisa Fischer - Blue Note, NYC February 15
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 21, 2017 07:27

angee
She said she saw Keith and family in the audience, no?

HI angee/andee

she said she saw Keith but I don't think she mentioned his family. She took a secret pic of him which she posted on facebook.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 21, 2017 13:25

Is that Anita P. grabbing Keith's arm? in the second photo?

Date: February 21, 2017 13:44

TheGreek
Is that Anita P. grabbing Keith's arm? in the second photo?

I think those are Keith's fingers smiling smiley

Re: Keith - Blue Note, NYC February 15
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 21, 2017 19:24

bye bye johnny

[www.dinoperrucciphotography.com]
Who does it look like that is grabbing Keith's left arm ? maybe Anita Pallenberg?

Re: Keith and Lisa Fischer - February 15/Ivan Neville - February 22 - Blue Note NYC
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:44

Stopped by @BlueNoteNYC this week to catch a set of Ivan Neville's piano sessions.

[twitter.com]

Re: Keith and Lisa Fischer - February 15/Ivan Neville - February 22 - Blue Note NYC
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:46

thank you, i was curious

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:48

are they overdubbing the staff .... it might be

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:57

mariano
are they overdubbing the staff .... it might be

Ivan Neville will bring his Piano Sessions project back to New York City's Blue Note Jazz Club on February 21 and 22. These shows are part of the club's Mardi Gras celebration (with the full calendar and tickets available here). In anticipation, today we premiere a video from the debut of his Piano Sessions at Blue Note last March.

Neville tells Relix, "The song in the video is a my version of a classic New Orleans song originally done by the legendary Professor Longhair titled "Mardi Gras in New Orleans" or "Go to The Mardi Gras". My take on it is actually based on Gerald Tillman's (an unsung New Orleans musical legend & teacher of mine) rearrangement of this beloved MardiGras anthem! This song, some of my original works, along with other New Orleans classics & various covers will be the songbook for my upcoming Piano Sessions shows at Blue Note Jazz Club in New York on February 21 & 22!!!! Can't wait to see yall there!!!"

[www.relix.com]

Re: Keith and Lisa Fischer - February 15/Ivan Neville - February 22 @ Blue Note NYC
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 24, 2017 00:07

Dang! Missed another Keef apperance a few blocks from where I live!
I really love the artists they book at the Blue Note, but Im just not a fan of its setup. You are forced to sit at a cramped table, sometimes with your back to the stage and they also require a drink minimum besides the ticket price.
Its just not that comfortable.

Re: Keith and Lisa Fischer - February 15/Ivan Neville - February 22 @ Blue Note NYC
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 24, 2017 00:23

"they also require a drink minimum".

drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

What a shock...drinking smiley

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: February 24, 2017 02:47

I thought the Stones would be recording this week.

Date: February 24, 2017 03:08

Date: February 24, 2017 03:10

With Tony Hall & Don Was

[www.dinoperrucciphotography.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2017 23:30

Keith Richards Joins Ivan Neville for 'Jubilant Hang' at New York's Blue Note

2/24/2017 by Steve Bloom

Cheyenne Bosco

The New Orleans pianist performed at the jazz club as a lead-up to Mardi Gras.

As a lead-up to Mardi Gras, New Orleans pianist Ivan Neville was booked for two solo shows at New York’s Blue Note jazz club this week, on Tuesday and Wednesday (Feb. 21 and 22). On Tuesday, Neville’s manager Jon Phillips learned that a very special guest would be attending the Wednesday show.

“Jane Rose called and said Keith Richards was coming,” Phillips tells Billboard (the Rolling Stones guitarist is managed by Rose). When Neville, who’s a member of Richards’ side-project, the X-Pensive Winos, learned about the request, he told Phillips to “get on this.” Phillips was in Los Angeles at the time and quickly booked a flight to New York so he could make the arrangements and also to see the show.

Richards arrived for the second set with a party of six that included producer Don Was and singer Lisa Fischer. The set included a version of the Stones’ country classic, “Wild Horses,” as well as covers of such New Orleans chestnuts as the Meters’ “People Say,” Lee Dorsey’s “Yes We Can” and Professor Longhair’s “Big Chief.” Richards did not join Neville on stage.

Afterwards, however, Richards and his posse met up with Neville backstage for what Phillips describes as “a jubilant hang.”

Neville, who also leads the band DumpstaPhunk and is the son of R&B singer Aaron Neville, returns to New Orleans for a solo show at the Howlin’ Wolf on Sunday (Feb. 26).

[www.billboard.com]

Keith in NYC
Date: February 25, 2017 17:51

With Stella Schnabel

[www.instagram.com]

Keith in NYC
Date: February 25, 2017 17:52

Funny who ya run into down town on a beautiful day in NYC

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 26, 2017 20:57

bye bye johnny
Patti and Theodora are in one of the photos above.

I wish my wife and my two daughters would share my musical taste.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2017 23:03

wanna know more about Stella Schnabel .... hows she know Keith ???

ROCKMAN

Date: February 26, 2017 23:48

Julian's daughter. He directed "Basquiat", which used Keith's "The Nearness Of You".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-26 23:49 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2017 23:53

aaaahhhh thanks johnny

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 26, 2017 23:58

Always sorry that particular version of "Nearness of You" wasn't on a soundtrack LP or anywhere else. It isn't complete in the film, but it's far better quality than any bootleg. I also prefer it to the version from the LICKS tour.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 26, 2017 23:59

chatoyancy
I thought the Stones would be recording this week.

No, they are far too busy!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 27, 2017 21:29

Am I the only one to be really heartened by these photos - Keith looks so well and happy.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 27, 2017 22:49

Lady Jayne
Am I the only one to be really heartened by these photos - Keith looks so well and happy.

No, you are not smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home