Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 24
Re: The Quiet One ~ documentary about Bill
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2019 11:49

The way it is now in some States of America for instance, the legal age of consent is 18, so if i get this right, when someone has sex with a boy or girl the day before their 18th birthday they are pedophiles, and the very next day on their 18th birthday they are not, his or her body hasn't changed one day later, but that is the law.
I think this needs to change, for instance at 15 16 or 17 most girls are developed, a young man having sex with a 17 year old girl should not be classed as a pedophile, obviously when the girl is under developed at a younger age, then yes, that is different, and girls develop at different ages, and that should be taken into consideration.
I just think that horrible word pedophile should not be used in instances where clearly it is not the case , perhaps only used in cases where the girl/boy hasn't reached his/her teens or hasn't developed into a man/woman yet.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 31, 2019 18:09

Aquamarine
stanlove
Aquamarine
Politics does not enter into this, stanlove, but keep trying. It just amuses me to see guys frantically trying to deal with being put in the position women have always been in by default--until now, thankfully.

This doesn't even make sense. Women are not sexually abusing men and getting a way with it and it amuses you? What are you talking about?
I am fine with treating men and women equally and not wanting to see any innocent person be tared or a guilty person get away with anything. I guess you just enjoy when men have the difficult time because of what other men did in the past. Again really sick.

I heard back from the poster who claimed ( made up ) that the metoo movement was hard on false accusations. I asked for some proof of that. We know at least 2 ( deep down we all know 3 ) of Brett Kavanaugh's accusers were lying and they even admitted it later on. I never heard a word from the Metoo movement other than the ridiculous argument that all women have to be believed.

I know it doesn't make sense to you. That's kind of my point.

Bowing out of this one now. Have a good weekend.

Nah. It just doesn't make sense period. It is a silly comparison.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:05

This is not about Bill Wyman marrying Mandy Smith. It’s all about the progressive left/”liberals” trying to restrict free speech. It’s Happening in Canada, in the US (Berkley, Harvard) and in Sweden. We are not allowed to watch a film about Bill Wyman. Sickening.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:14

Ironically many younger women (and to some extent men) act like infantilized adults, delicate creatures that must be protected from opinions and people who may provoke. Absurd.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:16

I guess Mick knew what way the wind was blowing when he erased Bill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 23:18 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:17

Redhotcarpet
This is not about Bill Wyman marrying Mandy Smith. It’s all about the progressive left/”liberals” trying to restrict free speech. It’s Happening in Canada, in the US (Berkley, Harvard) and in Sweden. We are not allowed to watch a film about Bill Wyman. Sickening.

Well they have taken over the world, the media, entertainment, films , music, politics, everything, nothing will stop it now unless people wake up fast, and as you can see here, people are a million miles away from being woken.
Jordan Peterson is worth a listen, he's getting the message across very well imho.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:19

I agree keithsman. JP is very interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 23:20 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:24

Redhotcarpet
I agree keithsman. JP is very interesting.

thumbs up He says what we all feel , but he articulates it so well, and he can hold his own against anyone, feminist just fall to pieces when they interview him, he dismantles their argument with intelligence.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:30

Yup. And i might add third wave feminists. I dont agree with everything the second wave feminists did (like when a Swedish second waver ruined family courts in Sweden - which had a huge negative impact in the US) but Im obviously for all the equalities, free speech, freedom for minorities women etc that we used to have in Europe and the US. Now it’s all about autistic lingustics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-31 23:31 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:34

Ill probably be banned now but it’s impossible to discuss this without the proper background. It doeasnt matter what Bill Wyman and Mandy Smiths mother did: this is about stopping a film, not a marriage.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:36

Redhotcarpet
Yup. And i might add third wave feminists. I dont agree with everything the second wave feminists did (like when a Swedish second waver ruined family courts in Sweden - which had a huge negative impact in the US) but Im obviously for all the equalities, free speech, freedom for minorities women etc that we used to have in Europe and the US. Now it’s all about autistic lingustics.

Well woman defiantly have equal rights in the UK, they have far more rights than men in fact, ask any guy getting divorced for instance, the courts favor women, that's a good thing i think when it comes to custody, children tend to need their Mothers more than their Fathers, but now it's going too far, men are like second class citizens these days.

Date: March 31, 2019 23:40

Same thing in Sweden.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:27

Redhotcarpet

That's nonsense.

I know from events I personally witnessed that Mick tried quite hard to get Bill to change his mind on leaving the band.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:37

Redhotcarpet

That is possible.
Bill has said he left the band to get himself straightened out in the wake of that marriage disaster. Also remember reading that Mick and Keith were both bothered by the whole thing, not only because it was negative publicity but also the cringe nature of it. They do have morals, both of them. So I wouldn't put it past Mick that he made it easy for Bill to leave and then invented this other narrative to focus attention elsewhere. I know, Machiavellian, but Mick is a clever operator.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2019 01:42

Yes, the wedding was a spectacle. More of a scandal really. I don't think Jagger or Richards attended the wedding.
I think this was too much, even for them. What was Wyman thinking about? Or with rather...

Date: April 1, 2019 01:48

Stoneage
Yes, the wedding was a spectacle. More of a scandal really. I don't think Jagger or Richards attended the wedding.
I think this was too much, even for them. What was Wyman thinking about? Or with rather...

Mick and Keith both attended Bills Wedding.

Date: April 1, 2019 01:52

keithsman
Stoneage

Mick and Keith both attended Bills Wedding.

Here it is! You can find anything on the internet. I love the comments by Charie and Keith.

Date: April 1, 2019 01:59

Okey, thanks for the info. Wonderboy - can you post a link instead?

Date: April 1, 2019 02:01

Stoneage
Okey, thanks for the info. Wonderboy - can you post a link instead?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 1, 2019 02:14

Thanks, Wonderboy. That clip was full of sarcasm, indeed!

Date: April 1, 2019 02:47

Stoneage

They were there all smiles. One more poster who just can't grasp that things were different 40 years ago. It is amazing to read these posts.

Date: April 1, 2019 02:48

keithsman
Redhotcarpet

Well woman defiantly have equal rights in the UK, they have far more rights than men in fact, ask any guy getting divorced for instance, the courts favor women, that's a good thing i think when it comes to custody, children tend to need their Mothers more than their Fathers, but now it's going too far, men are like second class citizens these days.

I am waiting to hear what rights women or minorities don't have in Western Countries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 02:49 by stanlove.

Re: Wyman hit by "me too"
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2019 07:24

stanlove
treaclefingers
stanlove
treaclefingers
rebelhipi
keithsman
Redhotcarpet
stanlove
keithsman
His Majesty
In time I am sure this will get round to The Rolling Stones and other 60's and 70's bands in a more legacy damaging way.

There's plenty to crucify them about and much of it is not exactly hidden.

Regardless...

I love The Rolling Stones.

That's my worry, we are getting to a time where anything deemed incorrect will be censored, i can see a day in the not too distant future where it will be wrong for anyone to play this music based on the morel high ground of the likes of twitter facebook and Instagram.
We already have Mick changing the lyrics on certain songs, i wonder where it all ends up, the Stones are sexist sort of thing so must be censored etc etc.

People need to step up. Once again a small minority of loud lefties run things and decide what others can watch. The right wing needs a spokesman that we all stand behind. Boycott anyone that caters to the left wing mob. That will end this crap.

Fully agree.

Yes fully agree.

You guys are nuts, you want a leader to tell you that having sex with minors is totally fine???

And boycott anyone that thinks otherwise.

You are out of your mind.

Thank you for your voice of sanity Rebelhipi; this thread seems to expose a somewhat surprising support of criminal behaviour, in some, and certainly a backward-thinking ugliness that while sadly still exists is changing and will ultimately leave these types to the dustbin of history.

Another one does the same thing.

Again this on a Stones board is actually incredible. There is no doubt that you enjoy and listen to Wyman's art. What people like me are saying is the mob should not decide who can see or hear Wyman's art. Not sure why you can't grasp this.

Are you going to be okay if the mob decides that no more Wyman era Stones should be sold? The current mob is very dangerous and it needs to be challenged at every stop.

I think 40 something year old today who has sex with a 13 year old should be thrown in jail. I don't think we should go back and judge people from the past which is what this is.

OK...so how young would they have to be for it to be a problem for you. 9, 8 years old, 7? If it's wrong...it's wrong, and illegal. We're not talking about this being ancient history.

The laws were in place when Wyman perpetrated. They just weren't enforced.

Once again. Things were different back then and proof of it is the fact that it did not hurt his career at all at the time. Back then people only got in trouble is the 13 year old stepped up and claimed to be a victim. That did not happen here and i am sure most people did not think she was a victim. I am actually amazed that so many don't get it was a different time. It didn't hurt the career of Elvis either. Today many years later they would both be in jail. I don't honestly know why this has to be explained at this point.

Basically back then if the 13 year old and her family were okay with it than it was pretty much acceptable, That is the world that Wyman was living in at the time. It was right out in the open. I like today't rules better but I am not going back 40 decades to judge someone back then.

I didn't think it was ok back then and my mind hasn't changed, and certainly the law hasn't changed. No one (that I'm aware of) is saying that he needs to now go to jail, but why can't we judge him?

It's not like I've suddenly changed my mind about him. As far as I was concerned, he was a great bass player and creep.

Michael Jackson was a great artist and pedophile.

A lot of times justice isn't served because there is no will to prosecute...doesn't mean we just have to be happy with it.

Date: April 1, 2019 15:34

Again, this is not about Wyman marrying Smith, it’s all about censorship, safe spaces, mob mentality, free speech, power, dominance and retrictions.

Date: April 1, 2019 16:44

Redhotcarpet
Again, this is not about Wyman marrying Smith, it’s all about censorship, safe spaces, mob mentality, free speech, power, dominance and retrictions.

Personally I agree with you on the censorship thing...but to be clear, the discussion that has followed has broadened.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:44

Redhotcarpet

No, it's just similar social media bullshit full of hate and prejudices that caused (supposedly) the showing of Bill's documentary to be cancelled, the target and agendas just being different. To call that 'discussion' is a joke. One could find the same political stances, declarations, rhetorics and so called 'arguments' supporting them all over the net, and all of them expressed clear and loud under the holy principle of 'freedom of speech'. Makes people like John Stuart Mill to turn in their graves.

But if that's fine by our moderator, that's fine by me.

- Doxa

Date: April 1, 2019 17:45

It wasn't 'differen't' back then. I was there. I remember this stuff happening.
Even the Stones themselves, world-class hedonists, were appalled. Bill himself came to his senses a few years later and left the band to straighten himself out.
I like Bill. From a distance you get the sense he's grown. He's had a better life after the Stones, which was a long shot. Still he's a strange cat.
But the movie should definitely be shown to those who wish to view it.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:02

wonderboy
Redhotcarpet

That is possible.
Bill has said he left the band to get himself straightened out in the wake of that marriage disaster. Also remember reading that Mick and Keith were both bothered by the whole thing, not only because it was negative publicity but also the cringe nature of it. They do have morals, both of them. So I wouldn't put it past Mick that he made it easy for Bill to leave and then invented this other narrative to focus attention elsewhere. I know, Machiavellian, but Mick is a clever operator.

have you listened to the lyrics of Stray Cat Blues? or the accounts of Jagger's activities with Mackenzie Phillips.. i dont think Jagger had any problems with Bill's activities with Mandy Smith.

still not sure about the reason for airbrushing Bill out of a photo, other than he wasn't in the band when the airbrushing happened..

Date: April 1, 2019 18:52

I agree with you, Wonderboy. Bill's wedding was a bit over the top. Even for The Rolling Stones. A drug sentence wouldn't have mattered but some things are just not "cool".
Besides moral image has a lot to do with it too. There is always a limit somewhere. Even for hedonists as you say.

Date: April 1, 2019 19:07

stanlove
keithsman
Redhotcarpet

I am waiting to hear what rights women or minorities don't have in Western Countries.

The 3 of you should form your own band...or at least a mutual admiration society.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home