Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 24
Re: The Quiet One trailer
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 3, 2019 12:17

Thank you Bill

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 3, 2019 12:19

Oh man that just whetted my appetite, it's going to be amazing, all that footage we have never seen, really looking forward to this.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 3, 2019 12:42

Sounds like they didn't manage to secure synch rights of Stones' tunes (at least I can't hear any in the trailer). Still, looks like a great documentary!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 3, 2019 12:53

They should have skipped the music, just makes it look cheap. But woooooooooooooooooow!!! The footage!!!! Holy s—t. Thank you Bill.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 3, 2019 13:21

This is going to be THE single greatest Stones movie. I’ve no doubt about it.
That footage blew my mind. Bill has obv very closely and wisely guarded enough of the stuff to put together this project. Can’t wait!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 3, 2019 13:34

does anyone know, when and if it will be possible to buy this one??
Looks great.
jeroen

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 3, 2019 13:46

I notice that Bill has movie clips of rolling stones moments that I have only seen as pictures. Exemple : Fort Alamo USA 1975. It was strange to have those still memory shots stored in my brain, suddenly come to life on my screen!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 3, 2019 13:54

He was the first one who had a video camera....so i'm curious for the rest......

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 3, 2019 13:55

in USA June 21 th, Duration 1h 45 min.

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2019 15:08

Thanks for the trailer and the review postings!
(and the new thread)

Looking forward to this.
Hopefully playing somewhere in Chicago on the 21st.
Perfect time to catch it in between the first and second shows while in town cool smiley

Date: June 3, 2019 15:29

Wild Slivovitz
Sounds like they didn't manage to secure synch rights of Stones' tunes (at least I can't hear any in the trailer). Still, looks like a great documentary!

I wonder how that works, is it like the Stones will not allow Bill to use Stones music without money of some kind from Bill, i mean if this is the case how petty, another kick in the teeth to Bill, how greedy, like Mick needs the money.

Just in general over the last few years i'm beginning to be disillusioned by the Stones and it's members, treatment of Mick Taylor etc, if it's one thing i can't stand it's greed and jealousy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-03 15:35 by keithsman.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 3, 2019 16:06

Whoa...this looks fantastic.
Thanks for the new thread snoopy2!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 3, 2019 16:12

Keithsman
if it's one thing i can't stand it's greed and jealousy

That is what makes the world go around. Called the market. Glorified by many.

Date: June 3, 2019 16:14

Stoneage
Keithsman
if it's one thing i can't stand it's greed and jealousy

That is what makes the world go around. Called the market. Glorified by many.

I'm aware of that and I've done well that way too, but when is enough enough, i have enough, when do the Stones have enough.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2019 16:30

keithsman

I wonder how that works, is it like the Stones will not allow Bill to use Stones music without money of some kind from Bill, i mean if this is the case how petty, another kick in the teeth to Bill, how greedy, like Mick needs the money.

Just in general over the last few years i'm beginning to be disillusioned by the Stones and it's members, treatment of Mick Taylor etc, if it's one thing i can't stand it's greed and jealousy.

Admitting ignorance of the topic in your first words seems a bit redundant after finishing the rest of the post removing any doubt.

I'm also fairly ignorant on the topic of copyrights, who owns what etc.
Not so much that I can imagine a scenario that includes..
"Hey, Mick... let's cut Bill a break on this one" -Keith bellowing from across the room. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 3, 2019 16:43

MisterDDDD
keithsman

Admitting ignorance of the topic in your first words seems a bit redundant after finishing the rest of the post removing any doubt.

"Hey, Mick... let's cut Bill a break on this one" -Keith bellowing from across the room. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Granted that, you are right, i am a novice when it comes to copyright, but i also get the gist of things very quickly, and the fact we don't hear Stones music accompanying that incredible footage stinks of the bleeding obvious to me that the Stones team haven't cut Bill any slack, and being a stubborn old goat not wanting to line the pockets of Mick and Keith any further he has elected to leave the music out. Obviously in my own admission, i could be wrong, but i very much doubt it.
And sorry MisterDDDD but that is a shame because it's another missed opportunity for Stones fans.

Mind you, just how much sympathy i should have for a man who charges £19.95 for a burger meal is another matter.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-03 16:56 by keithsman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 3, 2019 16:46

thomashanck
in USA June 21 th, Duration 1h 45 min.

[www.theguardian.com]

and when in Europe/Holland??
jeroen

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 3, 2019 17:05

the title "Quiet One" applies more to Charlie, imo..

Bill certainly spoke up about everything he was interested in.. maybe the others should have listened to him more.

he's been pretty well outspoken since his retirement too..

but this does look good.. thanks

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 3, 2019 17:20

Yes, this does look (albeit not sound) great. I to had the same feelings, Rollmops, watching those Alamo moving pictures

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: June 3, 2019 18:58

0:05-0:12 appears to be AU/NZ early '73 footage. He's sitting on some stuff we'd all like to see.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 3, 2019 19:29

keithsman

i am a novice when it comes to copyright, but i also get the gist of things very quickly, and the fact we don't hear Stones music accompanying that incredible footage stinks of the bleeding obvious to me that the Stones team haven't cut Bill any slack,

Well I am not an expert either but I know they don't own any of their music before 71 and am not sure how much control they have of the rest either as I believe they recently sold their publishing, So I'm not really sure it was the stones themselves that prevented the bands music being used in the film.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2019 19:37

Looking forward to seeing some fantastic footage, but will be kind of weird without any Stones music.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 3, 2019 20:50

What we have waited for many, many years. Must see material imo.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 3, 2019 21:07

rollmops
I notice that Bill has movie clips of rolling stones moments that I have only seen as pictures. Exemple : Fort Alamo USA 1975. It was strange to have those still memory shots stored in my brain, suddenly come to life on my screen!
Rockandroll,
Mops

I know. It looks surreal. The photos come to life. Incredible.

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: June 3, 2019 22:18

even without stones music much more rare footages than "CROSSFIRE HURRICANE" OR "SHINE A LIGHT"

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 4, 2019 00:16

Ket
keithsman

i am a novice when it comes to copyright, but i also get the gist of things very quickly, and the fact we don't hear Stones music accompanying that incredible footage stinks of the bleeding obvious to me that the Stones team haven't cut Bill any slack,

Well I am not an expert either but I know they don't own any of their music before 71 and am not sure how much control they have of the rest either as I believe they recently sold their publishing, So I'm not really sure it was the stones themselves that prevented the bands music being used in the film.

The Stones various companies own pretty much all their material since 1972.
Publishing deals are with companies who perform admin tasks and work on the composers behalf to get them the best deals, but ultimately it's the composers who own the copyrights.
So Bill's team would basically be dealing with ABKCO or the group.
If Bill has such a close and enduring friendship with Charlie I would be surprised if there would be difficulties with post 1972 material.
The film after all is surely good publicity for the group.
The pre 1972 material are the Golden Nuggets of course and ABKCO may have played hardball. Bill was never a Klein man but was outvoted. He makes his views very clear in his book....whereas Keith was more evenly balanced in 'Life'.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 4, 2019 01:20

I'm informed by someone who has seen the film that it does contain Stones music.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: The Quiet One ~ documentary about Bill
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 4, 2019 16:32

I guess reading reviews of THE QUIET ONE doesn't give much info what that docu might mean to us Stones fans. The 'general interest' might not see anything such remarkable in those private, never-before-seen footages as we do...

A tempting trailer indeed...

- Doxa

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 19:14

keithsman
MisterDDDD
keithsman

Granted that, you are right, i am a novice when it comes to copyright, but i also get the gist of things very quickly, and the fact we don't hear Stones music accompanying that incredible footage stinks of the bleeding obvious to me that the Stones team haven't cut Bill any slack, and being a stubborn old goat not wanting to line the pockets of Mick and Keith any further he has elected to leave the music out. Obviously in my own admission, i could be wrong, but i very much doubt it.
And sorry MisterDDDD but that is a shame because it's another missed opportunity for Stones fans.

Mind you, just how much sympathy i should have for a man who charges £19.95 for a burger meal is another matter.winking smiley

or maybe the logical answer is the audio is just horrible to almost non existent..

Re: The Quiet One ~ documentary about Bill
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 4, 2019 19:44

Official Trailer

[m.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home