Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24
Re: Wyman hit by "me too"
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 25, 2019 17:47

I look forward to seeing this film and refuse to be side stepped by the Mandy Smith period (which considering Bill is now 82 was a very small period of his life).
And for the sake of his family, that social media show some respect.

Let those who are without sin....etc.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 25, 2019 18:09

jlowe
I look forward to seeing this film and refuse to be side stepped by the Mandy Smith period (which considering Bill is now 82 was a very small period of his life).
And for the sake of his family, that social media show some respect.

Let those who are without sin....etc.

Watch out you might be told you are pretty much a bad person by a couple of guys who themselves are obviously huge fans of Wyman's work.

Bottom line is it was out in the open at the time and nobody ( including these two guys ) said anything and they continue to admire Wyman's work. They are now told my a small minority of loud mouths that everyone needs to be offended by it so they are.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 25, 2019 18:41

Perks has been very open about his sexual affairs. It's all there in "Stone Alone". It's not something he has tried to hide. He seems to be proud about all his numerous sexual encounters.
He counted them like a chartered accountant.He even joked about his marriage with Mandy Smith. No one made any fuzz then.
But now, 30 years later, with the Meetoo movement in full swing it all comes back. There you go.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2019 18:41

Cooltoplady
stanlove
keefriff99
matxil
stanlove
keithsman
His Majesty
In time I am sure this will get round to The Rolling Stones and other 60's and 70's bands in a more legacy damaging way.

There's plenty to crucify them about and much of it is not exactly hidden.

Regardless...

I love The Rolling Stones.

That's my worry, we are getting to a time where anything deemed incorrect will be censored, i can see a day in the not too distant future where it will be wrong for anyone to play this music based on the morel high ground of the likes of twitter facebook and Instagram.
We already have Mick changing the lyrics on certain songs, i wonder where it all ends up, the Stones are sexist sort of thing so must be censored etc etc.

People need to step up. Once again a small minority of loud lefties run things and decide what others can watch. The right wing needs a spokesman that we all stand behind. Boycott anyone that caters to the left wing mob. That will end this crap.

Now, I am a "leftie" myself, but I always thought right-wing politics could be respectable, democratic, and decent. I think there was a time when it was. But it's interesting to see how, on many places, (i.e., the "social media") a certain group of self-acclaimed "right-wing" people have no problem at all in defending things that any decent person (regardless of being left or right) would criticize. I will not give a long list of examples here, but stick to the matter at hand: a man in his fourties starting a sexual relationship with a 13-year old is a pedofile. I don't care if it's Picasso, Charlie Chaplin or Bill Wyman. It's a sick thing. Defending it or turning a blind eye to it, is simply wrong. And I am hoping - indeed - that all the right-wing people on this world will stand up one day and defend a decent point of view on female rights (and in this case: children's rights), as they should and as they once did.

Now, I know I am bordering over the edge of what's allowed on this forum but I am not the one who started dragging politics into this subject. The subject is - I repeat - not political at all but very simple: is it right for a man in his 40s to get physical with a 13 year old girl? The answer should be obvious.
The modern right will defend ANYTHING as long as they think they're "owning the libs".

Their entire movement has devolved into trolling the left. Conservative principles don't even factor in. It doesn't matter what the subject is...as long as they can provoke an outraged response from the left, they feel they've done their jobs (as evidenced by stanlove's angry and erratic posts here). It's quite pathetic.

So yeah, they'll defend grown men sleeping with young teenagers. Real men just take what they want and damn the consequences, don't you know?

Complete crap. You just made some stuff up to try and make a point. When it comes to your ilk I can never decide if you really don't understand things or you do and just kind of lie. Either way it is not very impressive.

Nowhere have I said it was okay for a grown man to have sex with a 13 year old. But here you are basically accusing me of it.

Bill Wyman has never been charged with a crime and I think it should be up to individual people if they want to see this. That was not allowed because a small group of power hungry loudmouths decided that they should have the power to decide. Nobody is forcing anyone to go see it.

I also noticed that you ignored that this happened many years ago when things were different. Everyone knew at the time what was going on with Wyman and Smith and nobody said anything. That should prove to you that things were different. I saw an old movie the other day where two guys in their 40's were talking about having sex with 15 year old's. It was a different time.

Keithriff99 is right. Spot on.

It was illegal 40 years ago. The fact that he got away with it is well and good, but don't make that the excuse. I remember it in the news...it was a scandal. But you need the will to prosecute and that wasn't there.

An embarrassing page in the RS history.

Date: March 25, 2019 19:09

Stoneage
Perks has been very open about his sexual affairs. It's all there in "Stone Alone". It's not something he has tried to hide. He seems to be proud about all his numerous sexual encounters.
He counted them like a chartered accountant.He even joked about his marriage with Mandy Smith. No one made any fuzz then.
But now, 30 years later, with the Meetoo movement in full swing it all comes back. There you go.

I haven't read Stone Alone for a long time but I don't recall Mandy being mentioned.
I thought the book 'ended'in 1969?
I'm pretty broad minded about such matters but I have to say I wasnt too impressed with Bill's rather cavalier manner when he found out that he had contacted a STD. He was married of course with a young son. No thought as to how his wife (who ironically left Bill later) must have felt.
The Stones lawyers made sure she got a pittance when they eventually did get divorced. Some people say Bill had a 'working class Male' attitude towards extra marital sex which I felt at the time was one of the most stupid comments I'd ever heard on the matter.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 25, 2019 19:23

I haven't read it either, Jlowe. Your remark is right. I was referring to interviews around the book release rather. And later on.

Date: March 25, 2019 19:28

liddas
Just to set the record straight:

1) for what we all know, Bill Wyman did NOT have sex with Mandy Smith until she was 14

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

2) age of consent varies from country to country. In Italy it is 14. So if I (50 years old) had sex with a 14 years old girl, I would not commit a crime.

C

Didn't he say something like...how the hell did I know she was 14....she looked 15!

Date: March 25, 2019 19:35

Just to set the record straight, the legal minimum age in the UK is 16.
Presumably you could be prosecuted for breaking z countrys' laws that you might be visiting. Not sure if Bill and Mandy (or The Stones) ever visited Ireland or Cyprus where the age of consent is 17.
Or Turkey or the Vatican City where it is 18.

On the final point I will refrain from further comment.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 25, 2019 20:01

Mandy's Mother dated and then Married Bill's son Steve..
He was under age too...I believe...

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 25, 2019 20:11

hot stuff

I doubt the me too movement care about men or what they go through in prison for instance.
My mind just went back to the original story about Bill and Mandy, she was allowed to go nightclubs where she met Bill and looked much older than her age, maybe Bill was smitten before he knew her age, still no excuse.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2019 20:57

keithsman

I doubt the me too movement care about men or what they go through in prison for instance.
My mind just went back to the original story about Bill and Mandy, she was allowed to go nightclubs where she met Bill and looked much older than her age, maybe Bill was smitten before he knew her age, still no excuse.

Wyman's issue falls more in line with that of Elvis's or Jerry Lee Lewis's and a number of other stars who had relations with young girls they later married. Scandalous and perhaps immoral depending on your view, but not the same as the predatory type of individuals who've rightfully lost their careers etc. over it,

As for the movement being unconcerned about male on male abuses, ask Kevin Spacey or Terry Crews and many others, I'm sure they'd disagree.

Lastly, a big FU for your earlier comment that used "libtards" as a slur, which is highly offensive on a few levels.
I am surprised it didn't get you banned as bringing political and low level slurs like that into the threads is prohibited.
Wouldn't advocate for it, as most of your posts are somewhat amusing, but why not keep the conversations civil?

Date: March 25, 2019 21:07

MisterDDDD
keithsman

Wyman's issue falls more in line with that of Elvis's or Jerry Lee Lewis's and a number of other stars who had relations with young girls they later married. Scandalous and perhaps immoral depending on your view, but not the same as the predatory type of individuals who've rightfully lost their careers etc. over it,

As for the movement being unconcerned about male on male abuses, ask Kevin Spacey or Terry Crews and many others, I'm sure they'd disagree.

Lastly, a big FU for your earlier comment that used "libtards" as a slur, which is highly offensive on a few levels.
I am surprised it didn't get you banned as bringing political and low level slurs like that into the threads is prohibited.
Wouldn't advocate for it, as most of your posts are somewhat amusing, but why not keep the conversations civil?
j

Yes sorry about that, i never usually get drawn into that type of name calling, but it wasn't pointed at an individual and i have now removed the comment, but a certain poster started it, and that lowers the standard. I agree with your comments though MISTERDDDD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 23:02 by keithsman.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 25, 2019 21:09

Edit: From a NY Times article about "Stone Alone": "She was a woman at thirteen, and she certainly looked like the twenty-year-old I had originally believed her to have been," he says of his present wife, who in any case is 33 years his junior.

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 00:56 by bleedingman.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 25, 2019 22:44

MisterDDDD
keithsman

Good post all the way round.

His libtards comment was harsh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 23:08 by stanlove.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 25, 2019 23:27

Libertad.

[youtu.be]

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 23:30 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 25, 2019 23:34

keithsman
\
If the 'METOO' movement want to do something useful why don't they look into human trafficking and try to do something towards stopping misery of epidemic proportions.

That is EXACTLY what it is doing, among other things.

There is some totally willful "misunderstanding" of what the #metoo movement is all about in this thread.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 25, 2019 23:35

Dirty old @#$%&, affirmative.

[youtu.be]

Muddy Waters...

[youtu.be]

hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 23:45 by His Majesty.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 26, 2019 00:05

OMG
‘I doubt the me-too movement care about men’

Ugh. Breaking the law is breaking the law.
I care VERY MUCH whether my daughters or SON
gets sexually abused on the job,
OR by ANY predator
while they are a minor!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 26, 2019 00:17

[youtu.be]
Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 00:18 by windmelody.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 26, 2019 00:26

hot stuff

You believe wrongly!

Stephen was born before Bill joined The Stones in early 1963. The Mandy Smith stuff was in about 1989, which is 26 years later.

So Stephen was at the very least in his mid-20's.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 26, 2019 00:27

Anyone ever listened to the lyrics of "Stray Cat Blues" as originally recorded?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2019 00:28

Mr Dylan's - Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
… aint the prettiest video to sit thru …….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 26, 2019 00:32

Doc
The MeToo movement stands against sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Mandy Smith never made a statement agains Bill AFAIK.
Her mother never filed against Bill.

Bill has not been proven guilty of anything and has not even been judged?
Even if people understandably disagree with what he did in thoses days, I do not understand why his name could be associated to the #metoo movement.

She may never had made a statement against Bill, but her book isn't very flattering about him!

And this from the UK Press [www.telegraph.co.uk] (March 2013) shows that he's tried to be open about the issues that it presents.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 26, 2019 00:36

jlowe
Stoneage

I haven't read Stone Alone for a long time but I don't recall Mandy being mentioned.
I thought the book 'ended'in 1969?

The main thrust of the book ends in 1969 - which I think is an awful shame.

But in the first sort-of-chapter called 'Flash Forward' Mandy does get more than a mention.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 26, 2019 00:42

CaptainCorella
Is there a confusion (conflation?) of movements/campaigns here?

Doesn't "metoo" refer to unwanted sexual harassment in (usually) the work place and quasi-social situations?

The problem(s) he had/has were not of that nature.

You're right. I'll change it.

Date: March 26, 2019 00:51

Glam Descendant
CaptainCorella

Doesn't "metoo" refer to unwanted sexual harassment in (usually) the work place and quasi-social situations?

How may I edit the topic?

Date: March 26, 2019 01:57

Glam Descendant
Glam Descendant
CaptainCorella

How may I edit the topic?

You could ask yourself the same question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 02:25 by keithsman.

Date: March 26, 2019 02:11

I have no idea how to parse that last post.

Date: March 26, 2019 02:23

Glam Descendant

I'm just pulling your leg mate.
Not sure how to change a title thread as i never start threads, sorry i can't help you, i wouldn't worry about it, it's kept us all busy and BV has been kind enough to let it run.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 26, 2019 02:42

keithsman
Glam Descendant

I'm just pulling your leg mate.
Not sure how to change a title thread as i never start threads, sorry i can't help you, i wouldn't worry about it, it's kept us all busy and BV has been kind enough to let it run.

The horrible PC forces would say pulling someones leg is sexual harassment.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home