Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: "I’ve got Mick Jagger’s lost memoir" - John Blake
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 18, 2017 05:58

I have a 2nd Edition 1979 edition of this book published by Morrow Quill Paperbacks that has as its sole author "Tony Sanchez".

It's not in the least unusual for ghost writers to stay anonymous.

When did John Blake come out of the shadows and claim joint writing credit? Anyone?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: February 18, 2017 06:19

CaptainCorella

I have a 2nd Edition 1979 edition of this book published by Morrow Quill Paperbacks that has as its sole author "Tony Sanchez".

When did John Blake come out of the shadows and claim joint writing credit? Anyone?

I think (I am not an expert on the details) that Blake actually started publishing his own book under a different title.

This one www.ebay.com/itm/I-Was-Keith-Richards-Drug-Dealer-by-Tony-Sanchez-2003-Book-Other-/131996317945?hash=item1ebb97f8f9:g:uNsAAOSwUKxYj2yo

Product Identifiers
ISBN-10 1857825268
ISBN-13 9781857825268

Key Details
Author Tony Sanchez
Number Of Pages 318 pages
Format Book, Other
Publication Date 2003-07-01
Language English
Publisher Blake Publishing, Limited, John
Publication Year 20030000

So maybe 2003... after Tony passed away in 2001?

Someone else more knowledgeable than I probably knows the ins and and outs of up and down

PS
I read something that went something like...

It may have been Keef who first brought up doubts when he said something like...
HAH! Tony could even write his own name, let alone write a full book

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-18 06:21 by HankM.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 18, 2017 06:29

HankM
CaptainCorella

I think (I am not an expert on the details) that Blake actually started publishing his own book under a different title.

I can only find 2 books by John Blake. The one we know as Tony Sanchez' book, and one about The Beatles.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 18, 2017 06:42

Most of what I heard I learned from good people posting in this thread [iorr.org]

Then I did some other research before finally buying and reading Tonys book. I learned enough to buy the correct book and lucky to find an affordable 1st edition. I will defer to the book experts here about what else is known about all of this.

It will be interesting to see what Blake is fishing for talking about Mick... and what comes of it.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 18, 2017 10:24

Date: February 18, 2017 10:41

Thank you for posting Bliss smiling smiley

These notes and gossip being printed by the Mail are an interesting turn of events

I wonder what it is all really aboot... most likely $$$$.... $$$$$$$$

Seems like some shenanigans going on.
All these ... sound "text bites" being dropped by Blake.
Seems like he is fishing for something, maybe a pay off to make it all stop and go away... or something.

I hope he does not get even a penny from anyone.

There is no gossip this Blake character could drop about Jaggers drug use or any other claptrap blah blah that would change my opinion of Mick Jagger at all.

Mick Jagger is top of the heap, top of the world, the leader of the greatest rock and roll band of all time.... and he has been doing if for 60 years... he still doing it. Jagger is amazing... and if he was high as a kite some part of the time while he was doing the amazing things he has done, THEN IT IS ALL THE MORE AMAZING!

I have no affection for anyone who looks back and attempts to negatively judge, using 2017 politically correct opinions, things that were done, said and happened a long long... long long time ago.

JAGGER IS THE MAN! TOP OF THE HEAP!!! A-#1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-18 10:58 by HankM.

Date: February 18, 2017 11:50

Mick's true autobiography will never see the light of day. Some things that will never be discussed are:

Chrissie Shrimpton's suicide attempt and Mick's refusal to pay the hospital bill

Mick sleeping with Brian's gf Pat Andrews

How Mick and Keith were aware of Brian's repeated violence to women and did nothing to stop it

Why Marianne and Mick broke up

How Mick refused to support his daughter until he was forced to

Mick's sexual r'ship with David Bowie

How Mick got back at Gram Parsons by sexually hounding his wife at Nellcote

How Anita feared she was pregnant with Mick's child at Nellcote

Mick's eight year r'ship with Carla Bruni during his 20 year 'marriage' to Jerry

How Mick and Keith repeatedly ripped off other musicians' work, including but not limited to Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor and Ry Cooder

L'Wren's suicide.

Re: Article - Mick's autobiography
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 18, 2017 12:04

Mick's eight year r'ship with Carla Bruni during his 20 year 'marriage' to Jerry

........ Yes would love ta read Mick's thoughts on that one ...... Carla never blew no whistlers either ... trust baby trust

ROCKMAN

Date: February 18, 2017 13:00

Rockman

........ Yes would love ta read Mick's thoughts on that one ...... Carla never blew no whistlers either ... trust baby trust

Actually her husband Nicholas Sarkozy proudly mentioned that Carla and Mick had had an affair for 8 years, passing through numerous major airports, and no one took any notice.

Date: February 18, 2017 13:02

...... Carla kept the secret ... those kinda woman are hard ta find

ROCKMAN

Date: February 18, 2017 13:13

.............................................. Carla

ROCKMAN

Date: February 18, 2017 13:18

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 18, 2017 14:49

Interesting that these days the media refers to Joyce Smith (a 'retired' Solicitor) as The Stone Business Manager.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 18, 2017 17:17

Rockman
...... Carla kept the secret ... those kinda woman are hard ta find

It was no secret to Jerry, and their then 3 kids.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 18, 2017 17:52

And I'll say this,
maybe Mick learned and tried very hard not to hurt women,
I think he might have been trying to live honest who he was,
stating in 2007 on record he didn't believe in marriage for himself (or the institution)
and my guess is he might have actually broken up w/L'wren
in person, talking it thru, London
Setting up his ballerina so she has an 'out' too.
As much 'fun' as he's had, there's been some hell to pay, too I'm sure.

Re: Mick's "lost" autobiography
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 18, 2017 18:57

John Blake is and was tabloid trash. He was never close to Mick or any of the Stones. I'm sure Mick didn't like Spanish Tony's book. Keith, Ronnie, and Bill have all had reasons to dislike Blake and the publicity he's given them. The Daily Mail piece is filled with errors and all of this is recycling other people's dirty laundry. The book won't be published and Blake is still the bottom-feeder he always was.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 24, 2021 18:21

‘Something had gone horribly wrong’: me, Mick Jagger and the lost autobiography

Ghostwriter Barry Coleman says he was given two ‘awful’ weeks to finish an entire book with the Rolling Stone – then the singer pulled the plug in case it was too dull

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: June 24, 2021 20:02

I mean - who cares?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 24, 2021 20:55

Rockman
[www.famousfix.com]

Perusing this list, I see the following:

Rae Dawn Chong Pisces Pisces
Mick Jagger and Rae Dawn Chong 1977
Actress Rae Dawn Chong has stated that she had a sexual relationship with Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger in 1977, when she was 15 years old and he was 33. The startling admission came via a series of interviews. While discussing her career with The Hollywood Reporter for an upcoming podcast, Chong ... [more]

Makes me wonder if she isn't the topic of So Young??? A question I'd posed on the SG Bonus Disc Review post....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 25, 2021 17:25

Mick's book and life in a nutshell: shagging - music - shagging - some artsy farsty stuff and/or latest thing stuff - shagging - music - shagging.

grinning smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 26, 2021 01:59

His Majesty
Mick's book and life in a nutshell: shagging - music - shagging - some artsy farsty stuff and/or latest thing stuff - shagging - music - shagging.

grinning smiley

The rest of us should be so lucky! cool smiley winking smiley grinning smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-26 02:07 by angee.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 26, 2021 02:41

Is that the same autobiography the advance for which he returned to the publisher? Just wondering because the one this thread is about appears to be a finished manuscript.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 26, 2021 06:14

doitywoik
Is that the same autobiography the advance for which he returned to the publisher? Just wondering because the one this thread is about appears to be a finished manuscript.

Yes. The manuscript was never finished but before it got to the editing stage Mick apparently changed his mind and decided to cancel his autobiography and return the publishers advance.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 28, 2021 00:25

Apparently HIS MAJESTY has absolutely no insight or knowledge about the life of Mick Jagger...to think that all he's ever done is " shag " after women makes me wonder if he really loves the Stones. Maybe he was joking....of all the rock stars on the planet, Mick has the most interests OUTSIDE of being in a band than the rest combined. He loves to read, is interested in gardening, archetecture, travel, fine wines, knows a lot about politics, religion & History, and these are a few of the things we know about. I'm glad he decided not to publish an autobiography; I can only imagine the crap he'd have to deal with, the fall-out that would result from such a biography! Good choice, Mick, leave 'em guessing!

Date: June 28, 2021 19:08

Sense of humour bypass. ^ spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 28, 2021 19:15

mickschix
Good choice, Mick, leave 'em guessing!

'Actress Rae Dawn Chong has stated that she had a sexual relationship with Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger in 1977, when she was 15 years old and he was 33.'

hot smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 28, 2021 20:04

No " bypass", just not particularly funny. As for Rae Dawn Chong, I would bet she was not forced into doing anything....not that I think it's appropriate ...it's really not, but Mick shouldn't be singled out for having sex with young girls...the list of male rockers who did the same goes on for miles.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 29, 2021 10:29

Cristiano Radtke
‘Something had gone horribly wrong’: me, Mick Jagger and the lost autobiography

Ghostwriter Barry Coleman says he was given two ‘awful’ weeks to finish an entire book with the Rolling Stone – then the singer pulled the plug in case it was too dull

[www.theguardian.com]

That was interesting, thanks !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 30, 2021 10:52

If you wanna write an autobiography (...) it takes a lot out of you. It takes a lot of reliving emotions, reliving friendships, reliving ups and downs … I just didn’t enjoy the process.”

You don't say! Mick's philospohy of life is like driving a car that has no rearview mirror. You don't back, you always look forward.

And what's a million quid, pal? Nothing! cool smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 30, 2021 11:47

mickschix
No " bypass", just not particularly funny. As for Rae Dawn Chong, I would bet she was not forced into doing anything....not that I think it's appropriate ...it's really not, but Mick shouldn't be singled out for having sex with young girls...the list of male rockers who did the same goes on for miles.

Oh, the list goes on-and-on, for sure.

Would Mick have known she was fifteen, though? If so, it’s very disappointing.

If this were happening today, they’d all be prosecuted.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home