Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick's "lost" autobiography
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 7, 2021 23:59

Great post, Rocky.

>>>>The thing is when you look at celebrities who have been "ruined" when their past actions caught up with them, it's just the tip of the iceberg. It isn't just rock and roll. Incredibly wealthy, powerful, famous, insulated, and protected individuals can and do gravitate towards sex and drugs and, like most people if given the chance and seeming freedom from consequences, they indulge themselves repeatedly.

We hear this repeatedly in every sphere - politicians, royalty, the aristocracy, finance, all media industries, ballet, opera, professional sports, various cults, the upper echelons of the military and the church.

It isn't fair to condemn the behaviour of the past by the standards of the present. There should be a statute of limitations on denunciation.

One thing you can say to Mick's credit, and the rest of the RS as well, except Brian - no one has ever come forward and said they had been abused. Unlike Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey, as far as we know, they didn't drug or rape anyone.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2021 00:35

He who has not sinned cast the first Stone .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2021 01:23

What's the point digging the old dirt here? What happened in the 60s or 70s is statue-barred since long. By the way, age of consent is 15 in Sweden (and I guess some other European countries).
The U.S. 18 year age of consent seems strange to me. Does that mean there is no sex whatsoever going on in colleges in the USA? I don't believe so...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2021 01:27

Everybody's got ghost in the closet ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 9, 2021 18:43

Bliss

One thing you can say to Mick's credit, and the rest of the RS as well, except Brian - no one has ever come forward and said they had been abused.

This isn't true actually.

Brian's recurring violence towards women has been well documented and he's been rightly called out for it. He clearly had issues that needing dealing with, but perhaps karma came calling for him instead. He is most definitely not the only Rolling Stone to have been violent towards women, although the others are nowhere near his level...

Marianne has a tale about Mick being violent after a concert. Stu has a tale about Keith hitting Anita on a flight, Ronnie had his rather public mea culpa with Katarina. Dig further to the other musicians, Jack Nitzsche for example became a terrible person...

Coming back with, 'ah but you ain't perfect either'... No crime or dubious behaviour can be commented on because no one is perfect? That's stupid.

Date: August 9, 2021 19:10

mickschix
Majesty, have you heard the saying " those who live in GLASS HOUSES should not throw stones"? Unless you live the life of a saint, I think it behooves you to not to be so quick to judge others...be they rock stars or just commoners. It sets you up for scruntiny...

Rich, manipulative powerful men in their 30's and 40's had sex with underage girls, your response is to tell me not to judge or comment as I am not perfect and people might find out I graffitied my school with chalk when I was 12.

Let's hope girls who are manipulated by such men never come to you for help. I can imagine your response - 'Don't judge or talk about it dear, you are not perfect.'

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 9, 2021 19:34

His Majesty, for the 100th TIME, I'm not excusing bad behavior but to single out a few individuals and hold them up for examination at this point seems silly. These incidents happened 50 years ago where the Stones are concerned...NO EXCUSE but this was way before having sex with rock stars when under 18 was a big deal...hell, these " groupies" bragged about it, made plaster casts of the stars' private parts...these girls were not ALL over 18. Women who are TRULY used and manipulated should press charges! I'm all for women protecting themselves...so I stand by my opinion. We can agree to disagree.
I've NEVER been a Brian Jones fan because his abuse of his girlfriends is documented. That is not the same thing as underage willing girls who look like they're 25 sleeping with rock stars. ( Tale as old as TIME!)

Date: August 10, 2021 13:46

His Majesty
Bliss

One thing you can say to Mick's credit, and the rest of the RS as well, except Brian - no one has ever come forward and said they had been abused.

This isn't true actually.

Brian's recurring violence towards women has been well documented and he's been rightly called out for it. He clearly had issues that needing dealing with, but perhaps karma came calling for him instead. He is most definitely not the only Rolling Stone to have been violent towards women, although the others are nowhere near his level...

Marianne has a tale about Mick being violent after a concert. Stu has a tale about Keith hitting Anita on a flight, Ronnie had his rather public mea culpa with Katarina. Dig further to the other musicians, Jack Nitzsche for example became a terrible person...

Coming back with, 'ah but you ain't perfect either'... No crime or dubious behaviour can be commented on because no one is perfect? That's stupid.

Fill me in, His Maj - I recall reading that Keith and Anita were slugging it out in the car on the way back from some event, with Marlon looking on, but not what you posted about Stu. As much as I abhor violence to women (I am one), I think Anita would have tried the patience of a saint. Also, what did Ronnie to to Ekaterina? What did Jack Nitzsche do?

Date: August 10, 2021 15:10

Not Ronnie’s nicest moment...

"Ronnie Wood cautioned for assault on former girlfriend | The Rolling Stones | The Guardian" [amp.theguardian.com]

Date: August 10, 2021 18:35

mickschix
Women who are TRULY used and manipulated should press charges! I'm all for women protecting themselves...

Or telling them to not judge etc etc.

Btw, women?

"He told me he likes fourteen-year-old girls who look like little boys." - Devon Wilson.

You're just pissed because it's about Mick. eye rolling smiley

Date: August 11, 2021 10:17

It's amazing that none of Bill's thousands of hookups, many of whom surely must have been underage, have come forward.

Again, not to ever defend an abuser of women, but considering the Stones' longevity, and considering the past excesses of other rock bands in this regard, eg Led Zeppelin, I would say that on the whole, the Stones treated women well.

The fact that three of Mick's long term gfs tried to commit suicide, one successfully, remains troubling. He made Jerry and Bianca very unhappy by his chronic infidelity.

Date: August 11, 2021 11:50

Bliss
It's amazing that none of Bill's thousands of hookups, many of whom surely must have been underage, have come forward.

Again, not to ever defend an abuser of women, but considering the Stones' longevity, and considering the past excesses of other rock bands in this regard, eg Led Zeppelin, I would say that on the whole, the Stones treated women well.

The fact that three of Mick's long term gfs tried to commit suicide, one successfully, remains troubling. He made Jerry and Bianca very unhappy by his chronic infidelity.

Marianne, L'Wren and... fill me in on the two others?

Date: August 11, 2021 13:25

The third was Chrissy Shrimpton. Mick refused to pay the bill from the clinic where she was taken.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home