Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Mick's "lost" autobiography
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 1, 2021 22:48

I'm sure, Big Al he " didn't want her ID!".....after all, as the author of " Stray Cat Blues", it's not as disappointing as it is expected. That was a long time ago, Mick has graduated to ladies in their late 20's now!!cool smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 1, 2021 23:04

mickschix
As for Rae Dawn Chong, I would bet she was not forced into doing anything....

You are disgusting!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 2, 2021 09:36

His Majesty
mickschix
As for Rae Dawn Chong, I would bet she was not forced into doing anything....

You are disgusting!

We’ve gone over this is a gazillion times, of course. You, His Majesty, understand: some others here, don’t, bizarrely.

Sex between an adult and a minor is never consensual. It’s statutory rape. That is the law. If the victim is under 16 in the U.K., or under 18 in the U.S., and you are above these respective ages-of-consent, you are breaking the law by committing rape of a child.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2021 11:45

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-02 12:25 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: July 2, 2021 14:36

Big Al
mickschix
No " bypass", just not particularly funny. As for Rae Dawn Chong, I would bet she was not forced into doing anything....not that I think it's appropriate ...it's really not, but Mick shouldn't be singled out for having sex with young girls...the list of male rockers who did the same goes on for miles.

Oh, the list goes on-and-on, for sure.

Would Mick have known she was fifteen, though? If so, it’s very disappointing.

If this were happening today, they’d all be prosecuted.

She made it clear in her interview that he did not know how old she was. Then she says that when she told him her age (later) he was mad.
To believe her whole story or not, is up to you. That's just her words though. But the fact is, you can see underaged daughter of Quincy Jones with Keith in the CH docu they released officially and did not cut that out.

Date: July 2, 2021 18:02

Ignorance is no defence.

Mick was partial to underagers as made clear by Devon Wilson. Lots of creepy men are, were and still are and forever will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-02 18:15 by His Majesty.

Date: July 2, 2021 18:23

His Majesty
Ignorance is no defence.

Mick was partial to underagers as made clear by Devon Wilson. Lots of men are, were and still are and forever will be.

What did Devon Wilson have to say? I’ve just read about her for the firs time. Such a tragic end.

Date: July 2, 2021 18:25

"He told me he likes fourteen-year-old girls who look like little boys." - Devon Wilson.

Date: July 2, 2021 21:40

His Majesty
"He told me he likes fourteen-year-old girls who look like little boys." - Devon Wilson.

Oh! Actually, yes: I have read this quote before. Erm confused smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 2, 2021 21:59

Big Al
If the victim is under 16 in the U.K., or under 18 in the U.S., and you are above these respective ages-of-consent, you are breaking the law by committing rape of a child.

So by your logic at 17 and 364 days you're still a child?

Mmmmmmmmm....

Date: July 2, 2021 22:28

dcba
Big Al
If the victim is under 16 in the U.K., or under 18 in the U.S., and you are above these respective ages-of-consent, you are breaking the law by committing rape of a child.

So by your logic at 17 and 364 days you're still a child?

Mmmmmmmmm....

Oh, come on: you know what I, and others, are highlighting: it’s immoral and illegal to engage in sexual-activity with minors. A professional footballer, and England international, for jailed for four-years for ‘grooming’ a fifteen-year-old in the U.K. What those in the 70’s were doing is far, far worse. They’ve escaped justice, quite honestly.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2021 23:44

Big Al
His Majesty

Oh! Actually, yes: I have read this quote before. Erm confused smiley

Just did a google search of that quote, and found a link to this post in the Stray Cat Blues thread from 2013 :

Title5Take1
In David Henderson's Jimi Hendrix biography, he quotes Devon Wilson, lover to both Hendrix and Jagger, as saying about Mick: "You know the song STRAY CAT BLUES? He told me he wrote it about a certain chick. He said he usually doesn't write like that but he had this one particular lady in mind. When he was in California the girl called him and said, `Thanks for writing that song about me.' He was shocked because he didn't think she could have recognized herself. But she did and it completely freaked him...He told me he likes fourteen-year-old girls who look like little boys."

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 3, 2021 00:11

> or under 18 in the U.S.

not true, not true at all. Lots of exceptions including being an emancipated minor and entire states having younger limits..

Harvey Milk had a well and widely known predilection for 14 year old boys and he was often seen and photographed in public with them. There was no doubt what the nature of their relationship was. The US post office put him on a stamp.

jb

Date: July 3, 2021 00:19

mickschix
Mick shouldn't be singled out for having sex with young girls...the list of male rockers who did the same goes on for miles.

Are you really saying individuals shouldn't be singled out for having sex with under age girls because loads of other men do it? confused smiley

Sick.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2021 00:36

Lorretta Lynn said in some interview:
Where she grew up in Kentucky if ya werent
married by the time you were thirteen then
everybody thought there was something wrong with ya ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 3, 2021 09:29

His Majesty
mickschix
Mick shouldn't be singled out for having sex with young girls...the list of male rockers who did the same goes on for miles.

Are you really saying individuals shouldn't be singled out for having sex with under age girls because loads of other men do it? confused smiley

Sick.

They should all be singled-out. It’s a huge dilemma: I love the music these guy’s produced; but I loath so much of their character. For example: I believe Michael Jackson’s alleged victims, yet I still listen to and enjoy his work.

Date: July 5, 2021 02:39

Back at ya, MAJESTY!!

Date: July 5, 2021 02:47

Majesty, have you heard the saying " those who live in GLASS HOUSES should not throw stones"? Unless you live the life of a saint, I think it behooves you to not to be so quick to judge others...be they rock stars or just commoners. It sets you up for scruntiny...

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 5, 2021 13:44

His Majesty

Common sense would indicate to me that you wont see a true Mick Jagger biography anytime soon. If I were Mick Jagger, I wouldn't do it. Here is a guy that worked himself up from humble beginnings to become a mover and shaker among the richest, powerful, and elite people in the world. A person as astute and savvy as Mick Jagger knows that by dishing the true dirt (and I'm also including all the tidbits as posted by Bliss in page 2 of this thread), he would become a pariah in todays PC world.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-05 13:52 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 5, 2021 13:47

Yep .... Mick aint no dobber .... ...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 5, 2021 17:23

Don't you find it odd that certain people here seem to prefer that Mick be locked up...yet they post frequently on a Rolling Stones site...a FAN SITE....so, are they fans of the band or not? These same folks frquently post rather negatives things about Jagger...which is it? Do you love the band or are you a jealous wanna-be pretending to love all things Stones?

Date: July 5, 2021 19:26

So, to be a "fan" of something you have to unequivocally support all things surrounding that something? Otherwise you do not "love" the band and instead are pretending to "love all things..." related to that something?

Have fun being a Bill Cosby fan, my friends. He did some great work and is deserving of fandom, but, still, somehow...

To me, being a fan is also being an astute observer of exactly why one should not idolize people...people are imperfect and to ignore their imperfections is to live in a make believe world.

That said, forty years ago it wasn't that big a deal to do some underage chick. It just wasn't that big of a deal, not like today anyhow.

jb

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 5, 2021 19:37

mickschix
Don't you find it odd that certain people here seem to prefer that Mick be locked up...yet they post frequently on a Rolling Stones site...a FAN SITE....so, are they fans of the band or not? These same folks frquently post rather negatives things about Jagger...which is it? Do you love the band or are you a jealous wanna-be pretending to love all things Stones?

Speaking for myself, I am a fan of Mick Jagger. In my estimation, he is arguably the best front man in rock and roll! He was the templet. He (along with Keith Richards) has written, recorded, and performed the most memorable (and legendary) rock tunes of the 20th century. No dispute there.

However, it doesn't mean that I am going to give a wink and a nod and/or give him a free pass simply because he is Mick Jagger, especially if he KNOWINGLY (and that's the key word for me -knowingly) ever engaged in sexual intercourse with minors. Just my two cents...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-05 19:47 by Sighunt.

Date: July 5, 2021 19:51

Jbwelda, if you read my previous post you'd see that I said I did not approve of Mick doing a 15 year old ...he did not get a " pass" from me on that IF HE KNEW her age...and in a subsequent post someone pointed out a quote from Rae who admitted Mick thought she was much older and was mad when he found out her age. I was just making a point about those who take offense at just about EVERYTHING Mick does and yet still claim to be fans....that makes no sense to me. I don't think rock stars are to be held at a HIGHER standard than the rest of us because as you pointed out, we are ALL imperfect in one way or another...and you made another great point...back 35 years, before the ME TOO movement, if was not such a big deal when guys slept with young girls....everything is examined under a microscope today. To be fair, Bill Wyman married a 15 year old...Mandy...and bragged about bedding THOUSANDS of girls...I'm guessng a few of them were younger than 18...

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 6, 2021 14:45

Many of these socalled fans here,are and have always been antijagger.No matter what he does,these people find something to pick on him.Always.They must have an interrested life,crawling in the basement day and night

Date: July 6, 2021 19:19

yep its all a hoax, a witch hunt. No truth to it at all, just a bunch of people who want to see him fail because they are jealous of all the great things he has done for everyone.

Where have I heard that before?

jb

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 6, 2021 21:14

Jbwelda dont worry,try to get up from the basement some times.Maybee you can think of something else than Jagger.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: July 6, 2021 21:47

Yes, we've heard this many times before. Talking about a fan should not idolize his favs nor give them any free pass. For some, it does work only for Jagger. Many posters on here condone and ignore all the crap done by Keith even though they would never admit they actually do. I love all the Stones but double standards shown on this website sometimes is ridiculous.
As for interviews given by aging groupies to some tabloid sources and "unauthorized" biographers, you should keep in mind that they were paid money to say that. It might be truth, it might be not, but the fact tabloids pay for their revelations makes their credibility tainted. As Anita Pallenberg once said, when asked why she would not write a book: publishers only wanted dirt on Mick Jagger and I was not interested.

Date: July 6, 2021 22:38

harlem shuffle
Jbwelda dont worry,try to get up from the basement some times.Maybee you can think of something else than Jagger.

Sorry, don't have a basement and my mom died a long time ago. Doesn't seem like I am thinking of Jagger much either, he stopped interesting me much quite a while ago. So, that's three strikes.

jb

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 7, 2021 22:33

The thing is when you look at celebrities who have been "ruined" when their past actions caught up with them, it's just the tip of the iceberg. It isn't just rock and roll. Incredibly wealthy, powerful, famous, insulated, and protected individuals can and do gravitate towards sex and drugs and, like most people if given the chance and seeming freedom from consequences, they indulge themselves repeatedly.

It's not just Mick and Bill and Brian. If we're playing moral majority ("it was wrong then, it's wrong now"), then Keith and Ronnie have "scandals" most people are unaware of that many here would find distasteful or disturbing or even intolerable.

If we're honest, we're fans of 80 year old "bad boys." That means they were and, to an extent, sometimes still are criminals. They use illegal drugs. They have been involved in numerous illegal affairs related to drugs and their other appetites. That's rock and roll and that's showbiz. It's what happens when people can buy anything, live in a bubble, and don't fall into the suburban family cookie-cutter world. These are bohemians...incredibly wealthy and powerful bohemians who have for nearly 60 years been accustomed to living outside the law, including moral laws.

Everyone who applauds Keith's 1967 "petty morals" speech should realize that's exactly what we're talking about here. Remember Andrew's line about "Would you let your daughter or sister...?" That's what we're talking about here. They're not safe. They're not wholesome. They're not like you or me. Like most superstars, they're very nearly above the law and above reproach.

If public sentiment changes and demands they pay for their sins, including their terribly shocking lyrics, it's only because the public are foolish enough to be led by those who see the new fashion for censorship and a cultural revolution to be advantageous. Mao wasn't a big moralist, either. He was smart enough to understand people love judging others and used it to his advantage. Same thing is happening today. Yes, they're "bad boys." So why do we love them and if we don't love them, why are we still adding to their riches year after year? You can't have it both ways. "I love you and your songs of debauchery, but I condemn you for your acts of debauchery because I'm a good person."

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home