Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: OT: Desert Trip 2017
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 1, 2017 01:48

Hairball
All I found is this from website 'Feelnumb (useful useless info)'
Led Zepellin

Posted by Raul.

"I have some well placed sources in the industry telling me that Robert Plant has agreed to reform Led Zeppelin for Desert Trip"

He continues on with his speculation, but nothing of any real substance.

Yes that was the website. You would think, if true, there would be much more chatter and on other sites as well. My understanding is the message on Robert's website was posted several days ago. Has anyone spotted such a message on any other band's websites?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2017 03:45

swimtothemoon
Hairball
Led Zepellin

Posted by Raul.

"I have some well placed sources in the industry telling me that Robert Plant has agreed to reform Led Zeppelin for Desert Trip"

Yes that was the website. You would think, if true, there would be much more chatter and on other sites as well. My understanding is the message on Robert's website was posted several days ago. Has anyone spotted such a message on any other band's websites?

I wouldn't put too much weight in what Raoul has to say - he seems to posting random rumours from info. he gets from the internet out of boredom - similar to what some do here! winking smiley

Here's what he has to say about himself and his website:

"I am Raul Rossell II, born and raised in Los Angeles, California and founder/writer of feelnumb.com.
I started feelnumb.com in 2008 as a means to sell Rock N’ Roll tee shirts via my retail store Lemon Rags.
Things went well but lots of drama ensued and after 7 years I shut the store down. Despite the stores closure,
I soldiered on and kept feelnumb.com going, posting random Rock N’ Roll facts and obscure stories about my favorite bands
(The Beatles, Nirvana, Oasis, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc). Now feelnumb.com is it’s own business and it’s popularity grows monthly".

It might be interesting to know who his sources are, but then again they might just be a couple other rock and roll website bloggers.

His motto should be: "Just because Raul says it's so, doesn't mean it's so" smiling smiley

Date: May 1, 2017 06:21

Hairball
swimtothemoon
Hairball
Led Zepellin

Posted by Raul.

I wouldn't put too much weight in what Raoul has to say - he seems to posting random rumours from info. he gets from the internet out of boredom - similar to what some do here! winking smiley

Here's what he has to say about himself and his website:

"I am Raul Rossell II, born and raised in Los Angeles, California and founder/writer of feelnumb.com.
I started feelnumb.com in 2008 as a means to sell Rock N’ Roll tee shirts via my retail store Lemon Rags.
Things went well but lots of drama ensued and after 7 years I shut the store down. Despite the stores closure,
I soldiered on and kept feelnumb.com going, posting random Rock N’ Roll facts and obscure stories about my favorite bands
(The Beatles, Nirvana, Oasis, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc). Now feelnumb.com is it’s own business and it’s popularity grows monthly".

It might be interesting to know who his sources are, but then again they might just be a couple other rock and roll website bloggers.

His motto should be: "Just because Raul says it's so, doesn't mean it's so" smiling smiley

Agree. I had never heard of the site which is a red flag. Also I would think others would be reporting the story. However, I do find the message on Plant's
website compelling and, if proven to be a tease for something else, a remarkable
coincidence given this is the aproximate date of the official Desert Trip announcement in 2016 and the band involved has been rumored to have been highly
sought after by the Desert Trip promoters and the one act which could bring the festival to a level equal to or exceeding the caliber of last years lineup. Also I do remember similar teases last year prior to the official announcement.

Date: May 1, 2017 07:26

Yes to all of the above swimtothemoon - let's hope it all comes true!!! thumbs up

Date: May 1, 2017 09:33

I did a little more looking and found the mystery message has been on
Plant's website since April 11th. Not sure if this lends any more credibility to
the Desert Trip theory or not. Probably not as April 11th seems too far in advance to tease a May announcement. After three weeks you would think someone
would have asked him though...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 1, 2017 15:45

swimtothemoon
I did a little more looking and found the mystery message has been on
Plant's website since April 11th. Not sure if this lends any more credibility to
the Desert Trip theory or not. Probably not as April 11th seems too far in advance to tease a May announcement. After three weeks you would think someone
would have asked him though...

My guess is it's his new album release. Maybe his band will play Desert and throw in some Zep songs. I read he sang 'Kashmir' recently,
but haven't looked to hear it.

Oh, found a clip, pretty juicy actually:
[radio.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 15:51 by 35love.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 1, 2017 17:40

13 Acts That May or May not Perform:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 1, 2017 19:20

Jason Bonham is on an extensive tour all through July, August and September. Whereas he is free come October his schedule allows for no rehearsal with a re-formed Zeppelin. I suspect Robert Plant's bank or a Page/Plant collaboration at best.

Date: May 1, 2017 19:32

Woz
Jason Bonham is on an extensive tour all through July, August and September. Whereas he is free come October his schedule allows for no rehearsal with a re-formed Zeppelin. I suspect Robert Plant's bank or a Page/Plant collaboration at best.

Looks to me like his tour is over September 8th.

Leaving a full month to get ready.

This to me makes it look even more likely.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 1, 2017 19:49

His website has dates all the way out to 27-September.

And a month is nowhere near the amount of time these guys would require to get ready......not happening!

Date: May 1, 2017 20:01

Woz

And a month is nowhere near the amount of time these guys would require to get ready......not happening!

OK i see that. Only 2 more dates after Sept 8.

So yes more than enough time if he only has to miss a few days in the month before.

Plus he will be very much in practice as he plays Zeppelin tunes A LOT!!

I am seeing Sammy Hagar in June and he is Sammy's drummer also

Like Sammy said about the last Sammy / Circle tour....they really do not need to

practice. They can do this shit in their sleep.

I am sure would be no problem with Zeppelin either.

The odds are in our favor

As I said several months ago

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 1, 2017 21:11

Lol definitely not happening if thats been up since April 11. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. No Page and Plant, nothing "looking more likely". I've gone back to my original corner and am staying there.

Date: May 1, 2017 21:16

Last years official announcement from Desert Trip was on May 3rd.

Date: May 1, 2017 21:20

Yeah but when did we start getting the teasers and rumors? That was way before the official announcement. When did the artist start posting those desert images of their names to their facebooks and stuff. That sealed it, if it wasn't already sealed.

Date: May 1, 2017 21:24

Holy Shit!!

Robert Plants official web page now added music !!!

GOING TO CALIFORINA!

Date: May 1, 2017 21:24

jumpontopofmebaby
Woz

OK i see that. Only 2 more dates after Sept 8.

So yes more than enough time if he only has to miss a few days in the month before.

Plus he will be very much in practice as he plays Zeppelin tunes A LOT!!

I am seeing Sammy Hagar in June and he is Sammy's drummer also

Like Sammy said about the last Sammy / Circle tour....they really do not need to

practice. They can do this shit in their sleep.

I am sure would be no problem with Zeppelin either.

The odds are in our favor

As I said several months ago

Yes they could probably pull it off with a months rehearsal. I wonder how long
they rehearsed for the London show?

Date: May 1, 2017 21:25

jumpontopofmebaby
Holy Shit!!

GOING TO CALIFORINA!

OK....was a bad joke...but a good one at the same time!

Date: May 1, 2017 21:27

swimtothemoon
I wonder how long
they rehearsed for the London show?
25 years.

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
Holy Shit!!

GOING TO CALIFORINA!

OK....was a bad joke...but a good one at the same time!

Uhhh... what?

Date: May 1, 2017 21:31

I shall remain open minded.
Last year was last year, this year is this year - you can't base anything in fact on what's happened in the past.
They could have a whole new surprise attack on how they plan on releasing info. for this year.
Only thing to do is wait patiently, and not make any plans or place any bets based on anything that Raul has to say. lol

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 21:38

jumpontopofmebaby
Holy Shit!!

GOING TO CALIFORINA!

Not even remotely funny...

Date: May 2, 2017 19:45

Sammy Hagar and the Circle just loaded the boat for September Concert Dates

Jason Bonham is the drummer for the Circle.

So there ya go.

Doesn't look so good anymore

Date: May 2, 2017 20:28

It never looked good. You were kidding yourself if you thought so. I thought it was weird he would suddenly change his mind. Money's not doing it folks, despite how money talks for most people. Their best offers have already happened. Get someone else important to their career to die, but thats about it. Sorry. Jason can say whatever he wants, and I'm sure he genuinely does believe that, but I don't ever see Page and Plant playing publicly together again besides maybe a one off guest appearance for a song or two, and even that seems unlikely. But now I'm a broken record...

Date: May 2, 2017 23:41

RollingFreak
But now I'm a broken record...

Indeed.

Date: May 3, 2017 01:19

Well I mean as if the other guy isn't.

Date: May 3, 2017 03:33

Now Ultimate Classic Rock is reporting the story based in Raul's rumours!

Robert Plant Website Message Prompts New Round of Led Zeppelin Reunion Rumors

"these rumors should be treated with no small degree of skepticism".

"However, Raul Rossell II at Feel Numb claims that insiders have told him that Plant has agreed to the reunion".

Lol - if nothing else, Raul is getting alot of attention for his website! smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 3, 2017 03:52

Not to add any speculation on "will they or won't they" regarding Led Zeppelin, but why would it be absolutely necessary that Jason Bonham be the one behind the kit for another reunion? Because, frankly, that's a "sons of the Beatles" type of argument. If it were to happen it would be Page, Plant, Jones, and whoever they happen to get to fill the role. Cameras will all be on the 3 surviving members, after all, and not the hired hand.

As someone asked about rehearsal time for the 2007 O2 show, I don't believe they went all out in that regard. Probably a couple of weeks, tops. The period of rehearsal from start to finish was artificially extended because Page had injured a finger.

Those rehearsals are also available as a double CD (unofficial) -- I should get the mail order catalogue and send for it. I'd always meant to get those CDs, but didn't get around to it, so I'm glad for this thread and the post above about O2 rehearsals to remind me. smiling smiley

Edit: The 2007 rehearsals were held at Shepperton Studios, London (where The Who recorded a small concert in 1978 for The Kids Are Alright movie): 46:56 + 53:40 = 17 tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-03 03:56 by stonehearted.

Date: May 3, 2017 04:41

Good points stonehearted. thumbs up

And whose to say they even have to use the name 'Led Zeppelin'?
Plant and Page could go out without John Paul Jones and Bonham Jr., and it would still be a 'reunion' for the most part. Yes JPJ would be missed by many (including me), while Bonham Jr. probably not so much, but to have a Plant/Page reunion would still be BIG in the desert! As for bass duties, Pino Paladino would be my first choice, followed by whoever is playing bass right now for The Who. And Jeff Beck has had some mighty fine bass players recently - that young gal from a few tours ago (similar hairstyle to Plant), and his current female bassist could easily slip into a Zep vibe. If not them, they could hire Geddy Lee on bass who did a fine job with those complicated bass parts for the Yes R&R Hall of Fame show. As for drummers - anybody but Phil Collins!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 3, 2017 04:57

Hairball
And Jeff Beck has had some mighty fine bass players recently - that young gal from a few tours ago (similar hairstyle to Plant)
Tal Wilkenfeld, who has worked with Mick Jagger as well.

Date: May 3, 2017 05:11

Yes Tal - she was amazing to see live!
I didn't know she worked with Mick Jagger? Can't even guess what it might have been.....maybe Superheavy or the Will.I.Am song?

Date: May 3, 2017 15:50

stonehearted
Not to add any speculation on "will they or won't they" regarding Led Zeppelin, but why would it be absolutely necessary that Jason Bonham be the one behind the kit for another reunion? Because, frankly, that's a "sons of the Beatles" type of argument. If it were to happen it would be Page, Plant, Jones, and whoever they happen to get to fill the role. Cameras will all be on the 3 surviving members, after all, and not the hired hand.

As someone asked about rehearsal time for the 2007 O2 show, I don't believe they went all out in that regard. Probably a couple of weeks, tops. The period of rehearsal from start to finish was artificially extended because Page had injured a finger.

Those rehearsals are also available as a double CD (unofficial) -- I should get the mail order catalogue and send for it. I'd always meant to get those CDs, but didn't get around to it, so I'm glad for this thread and the post above about O2 rehearsals to remind me. smiling smiley

Edit: The 2007 rehearsals were held at Shepperton Studios, London (where The Who recorded a small concert in 1978 for The Kids Are Alright movie): 46:56 + 53:40 = 17 tracks.

Because Jason Bonham can play drums just like his father did. I saw Sammy Hagar a few years back and Jason was the drummer. He did a solo which was Moby Dick.. Behind him was the video of John Bonham from The Song Remains the Same movie. It was unreal and he never missed a beat. Goosebumps again just thinking about it.

If they are going to play again as Zeppelin Jason will be the drummer

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home