Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25
Re: Goat's Head Soup opinions
Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: May 17, 2019 12:56

Goats Head Soup is where I came in. I’ve been a fan ever since. Great album plus there is nothing like the thrill of discovering an album sized photo of a goats head in a bowl of soup!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 17, 2019 14:56

rubyeveryday
... there is nothing like the thrill of discovering an album sized photo of a goats head in a bowl of soup!

I remember that WTF moment too grinning smiley

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: March 4, 2020 21:39

It's "Exile" wiv a hangover.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 6, 2020 16:22

This has always been my favourite Stones album.My bought the LP in 1979 and played it at my first house party.
Favourite tracks : Winter and Coming down again.
Mick Taylor rules this album.Loved the version of Winter with Carla Olsson.

Hoping for some unearthed gems to add to the reissue.
Hoping for a club show of the entire album,with Mick T.on guitar.Give Ron a night off with Ben.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 6, 2020 18:05

I was 13 when I bought the album circa 1983 and it took along time to "get it". Same with Its only rock and roll and Black and Blue. Those albums finally clicked with me a few years later

Date: March 6, 2020 18:45

Just remembered I got the picture disc of this somewhere

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 6, 2020 18:50

....which is a pirate release

Date: March 7, 2020 02:55

Pirate release indeed.Made up for the fact I seem to have missed out on the goats head soup pic on my original LP.I think the original 73 album had an insert with pic and recording details on ?
Also missed out on the delicacy of that Soup when in Jamaica back in 2000.
However I did manage a crafty visit inside the pad at Ochos with Justin Hinds and a few of the Wingless Angels.Spent a wild evening there.Point of view has a very potent smokable plant grown close to the pool!
Oh and a caretaker by the name of Stevie!Mentioned in Keef’s book.Less friendly the following day.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2020 03:55

Goats Head Soup is a place, like TSMR, that I rarely visit, but appreciate it being there for when I want it.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:29

This is a fantastic read about GHS:

"Savoring Goats Head Soup at Just the Right Time"

[www.trunkworthy.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:52

JordyLicks96

[www.trunkworthy.com]

Still it's filled with some odd things, like Keith's jeans on the inside cover of STICKY FINGERS.

When people establish opinions on things that aren't fact, the rest can ring a bit hollow. And it rides the tide of 'after EXILE it sucks' when the reality is (was) it was.. after EXILE. Meaning, time was moving on. Live they still were on fire but also in the process of how they approached Jumpin' Jack Flash etc and they had "completed" what they did with EXILE, which dipped back to 1969. The Golden Apex. Whatever it can be called, EXILE was a bizarre exclamation point on BEGGARS, BLEED and FINGERS: those three LPs have more in common than EXILE has with any of them.

Mr D being a parody? What, they're supposed to imitate themselves? I highly doubt Mick and Keith talked about aping Sympathy For The Devil in a clever way. If Mick had written about European apples people might still find a way to say it was parody. I dunno. As time moves on and the more people that get into the Stones just listen to their albums out of the timeline context, why would anyone think such a thing now?

It's absurd and over thought.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:53

How could Goats Head Soup be anything short of stellar?

Remember, in its time it was the best album they'd put out since Exile On Main Street.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:59

stone66
How could Goats Head Soup be anything short of stellar?

Remember, in its time it was the best album they'd put out since Exile On Main Street.

Indeed, in 1973 it truly was smiling smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 7, 2020 11:15

HEILOOBAAS
It's "Exile" wiv a hangover.

Brilliant grinning smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 7, 2020 12:40

GasLightStreet
JordyLicks96

[www.trunkworthy.com]

Still it's filled with some odd things, like Keith's jeans on the inside cover of STICKY FINGERS.

When people establish opinions on things that aren't fact, the rest can ring a bit hollow. And it rides the tide of 'after EXILE it sucks' when the reality is (was) it was.. after EXILE. Meaning, time was moving on. Live they still were on fire but also in the process of how they approached Jumpin' Jack Flash etc and they had "completed" what they did with EXILE, which dipped back to 1969. The Golden Apex. Whatever it can be called, EXILE was a bizarre exclamation point on BEGGARS, BLEED and FINGERS: those three LPs have more in common than EXILE has with any of them.

Mr D being a parody? What, they're supposed to imitate themselves? I highly doubt Mick and Keith talked about aping Sympathy For The Devil in a clever way. If Mick had written about European apples people might still find a way to say it was parody. I dunno. As time moves on and the more people that get into the Stones just listen to their albums out of the timeline context, why would anyone think such a thing now?

It's absurd and over thought.

Great insight! Thanks

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 7, 2020 13:04

exilestones

MUNICH, GERMANY - SEPTEMBER 01, 1973:
Tins of Goats Head soup are delivered to a Rolling Stones press conference to
promote the album 'Goats Head Soup' in a restaurant in Munich.

Photo by Gijsbert Hanekroot

I have some serious trade bait for anyone that can find me one of these cans, I need one for my forthcoming museum and have never found one!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home