Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 21 of 25
Re: Goat's Head Soup opinions
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 3, 2019 01:00

exilestones -- Date: February 2, 2019 14:53
id Keith ever mention in an interview that Coming Down Again was inspired by Anita? "He turned green and tried to make me cry."
Green
a : deficient in training, knowledge, or experience green recruits
b : deficient in sophistication and savoir faire : NAIVE was green and credulous
c : not fully qualified for or experienced in a particular function

I never thought of Coming Down Again as a Keith song but it certainly is a Kieth song. Jagger adds the perfect touch with the back-up vocals.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__ __ __

"green with envy" is what i assumed when i heard it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 05:22 by hopkins.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 3, 2019 02:22

hopkins

__ __ __

"green with envy" is what i assumed when i heard it.

hmmmm, could be "green with envy.' It'll be thinking about this one.

Date: February 3, 2019 23:05

Date: February 11, 2019 02:19

Will someone please tell what is the name of this song? It's listed as "1973 Unknown." Is it an outtake from 1973? I really like it.

VIDEO: [www.youtube.com]

[wetransfer.com]

Date: February 11, 2019 19:02

KINGSTON 1972

photos by Koh Hasebe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-14 13:10 by exilestones.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:32

Great pics of Keith! I haven't seen them before!

Date: February 13, 2019 01:26

Jim Horn

Date: February 13, 2019 12:47

exilestones
Will someone please tell what is the name of this song? It's listed as "1973 Unknown." Is it an outtake from 1973? I really like it.

[wetransfer.com]

It sound like Mick is singing, "Living on a Boat."

Date: February 14, 2019 13:22

LieB
Great pics of Keith! I haven't seen them before!

I never saw them before either. I was looking for the below photos by Koh Hasebe and found them. Could someone please tell me what magazine/book did these images come from? A Japanese magazine? I'd love to find it and provide some great scans for everyone.

Hi Toru A, May I contact you?

Toru A
For Jamaican Recording Loverssmiling smiley

All the photos taken by Koh Hasebethumbs up

Goats Head Soup revisited:
[iorr.org]

Date: February 15, 2019 03:26

kammpberg

Goats Head Soup – 1973 (US #1; UK#1)
Dancing With Mr. D • 100 Years Ago • Coming Down Again • Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) • Angie • Silver Train • Hide Your Love • Winter • Can You Hear The Music • Star Star

Stones Fan – *****
Casual Listener - ****

Goats Head Soup is in many ways, the most interesting Stones album. Without a doubt, it is the most underrated album in their canon, even by The Stones themselves. Yet, it is a perfect distillation of Exile On Main Street. Take Exile’s sprawling landscapes and styles and make it more concise and you have Goats Head Soup. If Exile was a triple album, this would slide in perfectly without the slightest dip in quality. Plus this album has something that Exile didn’t, a blockbuster single that was also a tremendous piece of art. Goats Head Soup peaked at #1 on both sides of the pond topping the US chart for 4 weeks. It also included a very cool, yet creepy “Goats Head Soup” poster insert that characterized the music perfectly.

Unlike Sticky Fingers and Exile, which opened with blistering rock tracks, the mysterious vibe of this album starts off with the opening guitar notes. Jagger starts singing about being down at the graveyard and one can picture oneself with him in some Louisiana swamp. Dancing With Mr. D picks up a nice steady groove, with Charlie slightly behind the beat as only had can. The song absolutely oozes with a loose and muddy feel, slightly speeding up as it moves along – something fairly unique with the Stones. Jagger’s vocals are buried in the mix (like Exile), and it works perfectly along with the occasional background howls. One has to struggle to understand the lyrics, and that makes it even more effective. I wish the Stones mixed the vocals like this nowadays. I’ve heard people compare this song to Sympathy For The Devil, but that’s just plain silly. If you want to hear some true Stones’ Jamaican “Voodoo Lounge”, jump right in here. Dancing With Mr. D was only played live on their 1973 tour, but they did use it to promote the album on Don Kirschner’s Rock Concert on US TV.

100 Years Ago opens with a tasteful Billy Preston clavinet introduction and Mick takes us on a journey through the woods the other day. Again the vocals are down and the mix is muddy but it creates a warm encompassing mood. After the intro, the band kicks in with a buoyant upbeat feel. After two versus, Taylor comes in with a wah wah solo but again its buried in the background. Then the song comes to a stop and Jagger starts singing about “lazy bones ain’t got no time to waste away”. This is a downright strange interlude – almost tagged on from another song. It’s brief and the band kicks back in with a truly vicious jam led by keyboards and the wah wah guitar wailing in the background till it fades out.

Coming Down Again is a magnificent ballad led by Keith on vocals and supported by Nicky Hopkins’ beautiful piano and heavy wah wah guitar. Keith’s voice is clear and upfront and absolutely magnificent, with Jagger helping on background vocals perfectly. Keith confesses about slipping his tongue in someone else’s pie, but being hungry it ain’t no crime. After a couple of versus, the song reaches even higher when Hopkin’s piano leads into a phenomenal solo break shared by organ and saxophone. It’s relatively short and segues back into the Coming Down Again verse, but it’s so effective. The Stones have an amazing amount of these phenomenal tracks that should be played, but are long lost, just waiting to be re-discovered.
Another exciting keyboard intro, Charlie’s drums kick in and Jagger sings about a tale of police mistaken identity and the death of a lone junkie in an alleyway. Heady stuff but backed by intoxicating upbeat music highlighted with horn accents, wah wah guitar and an infectious “Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo” chorus. This is hit material and a classic in my book. Heartbreaker is still performed in concert on occasion, it’s always a highlight for me. This was the 2nd US single (none for the UK) and it peaked at #15.

Angie comes next. It’s simply amongst the most well crafted ballads the bands ever done. It’s simply perfect. Jagger’s vocals have never been better (even when he tastefully whispers “Angie”), the lyrics are beautiful and the music is magnificent. The strings tastefully weave in and out along with the beautiful guitar fills and licks. Charlie’s high hat accents throughout are also a trademark of the song. The song is shorter and tighter than Wild Horses and consequently became a well deserved #1 US single (only #5 in the UK). Angie is a classic in every way.

Silver Train starts off side two. Compared to the rest of the album, it comes off a bit pedestrian and the muddy mix takes away from what could have been a truly powerful rocker. This time Jagger uses harmonica to highlight the verses to nice effect and slide guitar running throughout. When it’s time to solo, we get a nice slide guitar solo with Charlie fully riding the cymbal. Jagger raises his voice now, howling about the Silver Train and the song picks up considerable speed. But again the muddy mix distracts from its power. I still prefer the Stones version over the better-known Johnny Winter cover and surprisingly the Stones used this on Kirschner’s to promote the album as well.

Mick Jagger starts bopping on piano singing about sometimes being up and sometimes being down. Again the vocals are down in the mix and one gets the feeling of being in a room with The Stones doing a spontaneous jam on this song. A nice guitar solo starts to kick in and Hide Your Love builds in its power. What at first seems like a loose jam starts to coalesce into a fun loose song. Exile has a few of these type of jam songs, and Hide Your Love is just as good as them.

Next comes one of the all-time lost classic Stones tracks, Winter. I can listen to this song anytime, anywhere. It’s one of the all time great Stones ballads and it should be a regular on classic radio. The song starts with un-accompanied strummed electric guitar and Jagger this time sings clear and up in the mix about a cold hard Winter. At the end of the 2nd verse, one can quickly hear someone yell “yeah” deep in the background, and you feel it too. Jagger wishes he were out in California but instead he’ll wrap his coat around you. Nicky Hopkins piano comes in, as do the strings to bring you ever higher, but the electric guitar and slide licks really bring it home. As you think the songs ending, in comes a tasteful electric guitar solo, string highlights come in and you’re truly lifting higher and higher. At 5:30 it’s too long and not crafted enough for a single, but album ballads don’t come any better.

Suddenly we hear some odd middle-eastern sounds, joined by an infectious heavy wah wah guitar lick. Jagger sings over this tribal beat “Can You Hear The Music / Magic” and at the minute mark the song transforms with Jagger singing about “love is a mystery” with a beautiful melody. Throughout we have wonderful backdrops of sound: wah wahs, drums, eastern drones and strange horn sounds. It’s very effective and haunting. The song stops and in starts the great wah wah guitar lick that started it. By now we can feel the music and magic as Jagger goes back into the “love is a mystery” verse. The song does not feel forced at all, it’s very organic and natural – as if were in a great tribal jam with The Stones and some Arabian musicians. Open up and this music will really grab you.

Next up is Star Star (@#$%&), the only “classic sounding Chuck Berryish” Stones tune on the album. It’s a great way to end the album. We all know the controversy regarding the various lyrics (giving head to Steve McQueen etc), and because of that the vocal lyrics are seriously buried in the mix and in some points nearly impossible to decipher. When Virgin remastered the album, they cleaned it up in the mix and you were able to more clearly hear about “keeping pussy’s clean and getting John Wayne before he dies”. The new Universal mix seems to be closer to the original muddy mix. The song is a classic Stones rocker regardless and is still a highlight when they play it (especially with the blow-up penis on the ’75 / ’76 tour).

So there you have Goats Head Soup, the Stones all-time underrated album, even though it was a US #1 for 4 weeks and has Angie, a perfect #1 single. This album literally takes you on a musical journey, ala Exile On Main Street, but in a more concise way. This album has as many highs as Exile and no real lows and is just ripe for discovery for any Stones fan or casual listener who’s willing to let music envelop their senses. This album is in no way a let down from what came before. The Stones have only regularly played Angie, Heartbreaker and @#$%& live. Dancing With Mr. D, 100 Years Ago and Silver Train made in some cases rare live debuts only on the 1973 tour and the others have never been played live. But it’s not because of the quality, they just aren’t really live type songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 03:28 by exilestones.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 15, 2019 03:39

Mick Taylor on drums in one of those photos above!

Date: February 15, 2019 04:30

i like six tracks very much.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 16:30 by hopkins.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 05:11

exilestones

[wetransfer.com]

The song is called "Never Let Her Go" recorded during the SOME GIRLS sessions in '77.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 15, 2019 13:29

JordyLicks96
exilestones

[wetransfer.com]

The song is called "Never Let Her Go" recorded during the SOME GIRLS sessions in '77.

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, Jordy. I'm impressed you found where this song came from and the title. I love this song!

Date: February 15, 2019 14:12

hopkins
kamppberg's piece was so obviously written as a fan's love letter I was about
to criticize the publication of journalist after the first graph or two,
and couldn't crawl through it.
but as a loving fan writing from his truly inspired heart, it was believable and is appreciated. I'll go back to it when fresh, thank you. Because I do want
to hear his takes and perspective and he's obviously super familiar with the band.
it's not eoms quality; it's interesting in retrospective historical view;
as a fan I DO like playing with all that...and also, I know myself well enough
to know I can miss things in a song or performance, and grow into more appreciation. somebody really helped me thru the '75 stuff and i was so stuck in '72, and i had seen more than one of those and also one in '75 that wasn't as impressive to me as the absolute stunning miracle of every facet of ONE of those 72 shows I saw. i think stevie kinda 'aced' them in some ways at one of those.
and ron was fine in '75 all in all; that wasn't what was hard to get used to...
i wasn't that into the poster tho i thought the cover art really fresh arrt design and original; super good...
...it didn't 'perfectly sum up' anything really haha. but i dig that fan, i won't rip him...i can dig where he's coming from with all that stew allegory...
....don't get me wrong about soup; i think 6 of those aere truly wonderful tracks. i can bloviate about each of them; probs just like this fans
love letters. def silver train; it had me right from the start like a, well,
freight train...angie is perfect. screw the fans who hate that lovely piece. go listen to nicky bill and charlie all by their selves and tell me how shit it is...
the lyrics are killer too...throw stones i don't care i roll baby...
...that's two.
coming down again and 100 years ago that's four
winter and star star that's six
and the rest ain't bad.
they should Not have led with 'd' ; too tepid. this fans buys that 'stew'
but hoppy has tried many times and it didn't lift me...
yes eoms had tons of singles. in my house baby...
it still does trust me.
those songs are as much part of what keeps me going as my skeleton and the
muscles and tendons that bind them.
....just for the sake of argumento...
....all down the line is a hit single. so is rocks off.
rtj without question; that's only 3 songs on in.
ok, Soup is super....this fans take is a loving one that doesn't really deserve criticism. i think history shows; in retrospect of course, how could
fans have known at the time; their PR was always tight...
...usually anyway...
....i think that history shows that personally this group of musicians had
reached an apex with the dynamics of the intergroup relationships...
...i'm not sure....a lot of time has passed.
i'm going to try again and listen to the entire album as presented.

coming down again was prescient and good reportage.
where are all my friends.
aspects in their relationships were changing radically as
k and other in the band, and around the band, were getting h soaked, sad but fair to say...
...and i never say it or mention it with cruelty or as a joke....
camps were isolating; ron had to be the politician and walk a tightrope
when he got there soon after...
...i like some of the stuff iorr very much too. it's a super good Stones record. it's original and wonderfully uniquely them going strong with
their skills? wattup with those sessions? i have to study more;
seriously i do....
some of the stuff cut for this made it to iorr , correct?
was any of soup leftoff exiles?
or before?

miller was gone after Soup? taylor would soon be gone.
it wasn't really similar to the golden era four...in so many ways...
...charlie would eventually get into it and around dw missing in action...
and EVerythinG seemed to change about the core dynamics...in retrospect anyway...the record seemed piecemeal and patchwork even at the time a bit,
did Soup to me...it wasn't First Rate Stones but I was spoiled.
there's NOTHING on the Previous very many in their catalog i didn't live
with for a long time after each release till this one somehow...
tho i stand by the strong tracks i love. they are classic good stones tracks
and as such are priceless gifts imo.\\The Stones were still making great
rock and roll albums; it's just that the shadow of stfd and ALL of banaquet
and bleed and sticky and all four sides of exile were so pristine.
i'd argue for a handful of tracks on satanic majesties request as well.
seperate from the art work and all the cultural, and counter-cultural hype...

....this band is supreme. and i've been pilloried for loving Buttons but I do.
i don't consider myself a pushover tho i do have guilty pop crap pleasures....
...this band competing with itself in reviews is fun but it's nuts.

Used 'bloviate' in a sentence.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:32

exilestones
JordyLicks96
exilestones

[wetransfer.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, Jordy. I'm impressed you found where this song came from and the title. I love this song!

The song sounded very familiar to me. My dad and I would shop around for Stones bootlegs in The Village in NYC when I was younger. They have SOOO many unreleased songs out there, one of the reasons why I love this group so much! thumbs up cool smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 15, 2019 19:47

exilestones

Jim Horn

Cool. If I can get outside between the rain, I’m listening to some Jim Horn thumbs up
Thanks reminder.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2019 23:49

Definition of Bloviate. to talk for a long time, typically about nothing important.

-------->>>>>>>> [iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:45

Great review. Agreed is is one of their best

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 16, 2019 15:26

GHS was always one of my favourite albums.

Just bought a german vinyl re-release from 1979 and I'm surprised how great the mix of this issue is - Bill's bass is loud and clear, and he plays such great basslines on this album thumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 15:29

Palace Revolution 2000
hopkins
but as a loving fan writing from his truly inspired heart, it was believable and is appreciated. I'll go back to it when fresh, thank you. Because I do want
to hear his takes and perspective and he's obviously super familiar with the band.
to know I can miss things in a song or performance, and grow into more appreciation. somebody really helped me thru the '75 stuff and i was so stuck in '72, and i had seen more than one of those and also one in '75 that wasn't as impressive to me as the absolute stunning miracle of every facet of ONE of those 72 shows I saw. i think stevie kinda 'aced' them in some ways at one of those.
i wasn't that into the poster tho i thought the cover art really fresh arrt design and original; super good...
...it didn't 'perfectly sum up' anything really haha. but i dig that fan, i won't rip him...i can dig where he's coming from with all that stew allegory...
....don't get me wrong about soup; i think 6 of those aere truly wonderful tracks. i can bloviate about each of them; probs just like this fans
freight train...angie is perfect. screw the fans who hate that lovely piece. go listen to nicky bill and charlie all by their selves and tell me how shit it is...
...that's two.
and the rest ain't bad.
it still does trust me.
ok, Soup is super....this fans take is a loving one that doesn't really deserve criticism. i think history shows; in retrospect of course, how could
...usually anyway...

k and other in the band, and around the band, were getting h soaked, sad but fair to say...
...i like some of the stuff iorr very much too. it's a super good Stones record. it's original and wonderfully uniquely them going strong with
seriously i do....
or before?

and EVerythinG seemed to change about the core dynamics...in retrospect anyway...the record seemed piecemeal and patchwork even at the time a bit,

I bloviate his hot dog in one mouthful, but I could be wrong

Rod

Date: February 16, 2019 15:33

I've been reading GHS comments for a few weeks now. Many of the comments are very informative and interesting. It gives me a better understanding of the album. Thanks for posting over the years.

One thing that baffles me is why a Stones fan wouldn't like Silver Train? Personally, I love Silver Train. I love the rocker!

I always got a laugh out of the lyrics, "I sure like the way she laughed and called me honey. I sure like the way she laughed and took my money." It must have been a wild time. And he, "Did not know her name."

Since Mick sings the song, I imagine him as the character in the song. Even though Mick, sure like seemed to have fun, he was leaving on a southbound Silver Train train. I guess he had enough. Mick blew the train whistle on the harmonica! The train was driven by the rhythm section with Ian Stewart along for the ride.

We didn't get enough of Mick Taylor with the Stones. Silver Train is a cool rocker. It has a great lead solo. I know the solo is similar to All Down the Line. I love the solo in All Down the Line! I love the solo in Silver Train. I wish we had more songs Stones songs with that type of solo from Mick Taylor.

Except for the guitar solo, Silver Train doesn't sound like All Down the Line to me. I don't play a musical instrument, maybe that's the reason. Maybe it's better that I don't plan an instrument.

I think the Stones did a great job on this song. It always gets me pumped-up! I think I'll get back on the Silver Train again! Oh, Yeah!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 16, 2019 17:40

Silver Train has a similar beat. The turn around is similar to All Down The Line as well. That's what people hear in terms of how they are similar. The melody isn't similar but there are similarities at times.

It's a good enough song, a little rocker, it moves, but it's a bit flat. Criss Cross Mind would've been a better choice, and certainly fits the overall vibe of the album better, to my ears, just like Through The Lonely Nights would fit better on GHS than Hide Your Love, which does fit, but isn't anywhere near as good of a song as TTLN is.

Date: February 16, 2019 17:44

bernard90mike
GHS was always one of my favourite albums.

Just bought a german vinyl re-release from 1979 and I'm surprised how great the mix of this issue is - Bill's bass is loud and clear, and he plays such great basslines on this album thumbs up

You have me wondering which mastering was used. It would be nice to have a list of the all of the remixes/remasters of all of the Stones material.

+++

The 2009 CD release (UMe BOO12815-02) has some horrible sound such as in Heartbreaker. It's not clear at all. Star Star is very clear.

It also has a weird mix in Dancing with Mr D. The opening notes sound like two guitars whereas it was always one sound to me before.

I'm always searching for the best releases of each Stones song.

Date: February 16, 2019 17:46

GasLightStreet
Silver Train has a similar beat. The turn around is similar to All Down The Line as well. That's what people hear in terms of how they are similar. The melody isn't similar but there are similarities at times.

It's a good enough song, a little rocker, it moves, but it's a bit flat.

WOW! Thanks for a great answer. Much appreciated.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 16, 2019 17:51

"Angie"is a great song; too huge for its own good but its beauty and its musical intricacies should not be diminished by its wide popularity; sometimes the mass of us get the good stuff!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 16, 2019 20:22

exilestones
I've been reading GHS comments for a few weeks now. Many of the comments are very informative and interesting. It gives me a better understanding of the album. Thanks for posting over the years.

One thing that baffles me is why a Stones fan wouldn't like Silver Train? Personally, I love Silver Train. I love the rocker!

I always got a laugh out of the lyrics, "I sure like the way she laughed and called me honey. I sure like the way she laughed and took my money." It must have been a wild time. And he, "Did not know her name."

Since Mick sings the song, I imagine him as the character in the song. Even though Mick, sure like seemed to have fun, he was leaving on a southbound Silver Train train. I guess he had enough. Mick blew the train whistle on the harmonica! The train was driven by the rhythm section with Ian Stewart along for the ride.

We didn't get enough of Mick Taylor with the Stones. Silver Train is a cool rocker. It has a great lead solo. I know the solo is similar to All Down the Line. I love the solo in All Down the Line! I love the solo in Silver Train. I wish we had more songs Stones songs with that type of solo from Mick Taylor.

Except for the guitar solo, Silver Train doesn't sound like All Down the Line to me. I don't play a musical instrument, maybe that's the reason. Maybe it's better that I don't plan an instrument.

I think the Stones did a great job on this song. It always gets me pumped-up! I think I'll get back on the Silver Train again! Oh, Yeah!

smileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 16, 2019 21:57

"Silver Train",,,,,, after studying history for many years I always think of the silver trains that Russia used in the early part of the 1900s. Trains that you could not shoot, they were made of steel. And multiple guns and cannons comming out from the steel-walls and steel-roofs. Wish that Nikolai and the "white soldiers" did win them bloody wars, but it's all history now, I know.

Goats Head Soup......best album since Exile On Main Street, for sure

Date: February 16, 2019 22:13

bitusa2012
Palace Revolution 2000
hopkins
...that's two.
and the rest ain't bad.
it still does trust me.
...usually anyway...

seriously i do....
or before?

I bloviate his hot dog in one mouthful, but I could be wrong

yes but it wasn't a characteristic 'run on' sentence, which has me very
depressed; blues in the morning and all that.
i had to delete most of the post in shame upon realizing that.
but it somehow was resurrected in all it's huge bloated well considered
and factually researched irrelevance it was going so good there but no no somebody's got to rain on hoppy's paradde. i'm very close to Youtubing
Barbara Stresiand and that's never happened before ever ok once that 'stony end' thing...man, i can relate. she 'never wanted to go to the stoney end'
and apparently no one ever dragged her they shudda called hoppy.
barb could do all down the line and hops could do jazz figures over the chords
like keith does now a lot.thumbs up
it's called making a sils purse out of sows ear, people. jeeze lousie.
[www.youtube.com]? this is from silk purse chill a bir and i'll finisah up here.
[www.youtube.com]
cute little sexpot days. whoa who's playing that steel?
well, alright.
yeh!!! oh the bridge kills. oh whisper to me linda...
no he don't care about you...
keep him Satisfied? u got to be kidding.
oh that steel kills. talk about tiaras. 24/7 baby. where were we.

goats head soup. yeh some GREAT tracks. gimme silver train...
it's too much like all down the line?
you're kidding right?
they should do a one song set; an hour of all down the line.
they can slow it down here and there for gramps to catch a breath.
and so that ron can prepare for his new sobriety date after the tour ends!!
yesss!! rock me daddys!

will they do any Soup songs on No Filter. no filler is what micks thinking.
hey it's hard to remember the dance steps and count the seats and all that money in youre head at the same time!!
yep soup is ok by me. star star is filthy and carelss and smart alecky puerile juvenile that's always good. keep up the good work boys!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2019 02:48

exilestones
GasLightStreet

It's a good enough song, a little rocker, it moves, but it's a bit flat.

WOW! Thanks for a great answer. Much appreciated.

You are welcome indeed! Thanks!

I really get a kick out of people that, regardless of the ability to explain ie articulate what they are or are not hearing, understanding etc... get something across - no matter how it's worded.

Rofky is FANTASTIC with his respect with that, one of the most respectful responsive posters here. There's quite a few others, which include Doxa, Ian, Rockman, Gazza, when he feels like peeping in, Dande of course, keithsman, TeddyB and quite a few others (24, witness, retired dog and on and on, sorry y'all, can't remember everyone at the moment that are the fabric here of this weave of IORR), as I would think you are aware of.

I picked up, I reckon, on what you were getting at, which has been discussed here a good bit over the years, but how would you or I know or remember that? That's the joy of what BV has done.

I've often thought of saying things (to girls especially) in person as too gone, where as in writing, no matter the format, you can read it, take it in, process it for you own need, understand, etc.

So with something like this, regardless of wading through whatever, one can find something very informative, which has happened for me over time with Gazza, RockyJ and a few others I am at the moment not able to conjure up the names of - some of them may read this and know that I am talking about them, perhaps - I've had a FEW beers but am able to do this for some reason but my memory here, ha ha....

Anyway - glad you appreciate it! I appreciate it that you appreciate it! It's no big deal but it reminds me of people that consider the weight of why TATTOO YOU and EMOTIONAL RESCUE and UNDERCOVER and BLACK AND BLUE and GOATS HEAD SOUP are good albums regardless of their critical rating, certain songs, not having the heaviness of The Big 4 etc but reasons beyond just being an album are.

Then again, maybe I'm just... I thought of the word "aspounding" but that may be wrong as well as maybe just being a fan of not everything Big is enough.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 21 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home