Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Spanish Tony Sanchez Does Have Family
Posted by: dominguez14 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 07:13

Hi to all. Hopefully people are still interested in the "mystery" surrounding Tony and his unknown life.

Tony was my grandfather, his life living with the famous always interested me and I feel I must have possessions or photos that could have gone unknown all this time and could be of interest to big fans.

My only problem has been not knowing any good way to go about the potential hidden rolling stones collectable items I could have.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Nick Dominguez

Re: Spanish Tony Sanchez Does Have Family
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 19, 2017 08:12

dominguez14
Hi to all. Hopefully people are still interested in the "mystery" surrounding Tony and his unknown life.

Tony was my grandfather, his life living with the famous always interested me and I feel I must have possessions or photos that could have gone unknown all this time and could be of interest to big fans.

My only problem has been not knowing any good way to go about the potential hidden rolling stones collectable items I could have.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Nick Dominguez

Hi Nick. When did Tony pass away? Do you live in the U.K.?

Date: January 19, 2017 08:34

Morning.

I'll be honest we was never that close with Tony apart from occasional visits with my parents as I was only around 10 at the time so my knowledge is abit sketchy as I was never told much about Tony as you can probably guess why with his lifestyle. But as mostly said.. Was around 2000 - 2003. If I get a good response from this post about what steps I can take with any possessions left to me I will quiz my parents for more precise dates.

Also yes I live in London. Bromley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-19 08:35 by dominguez14.

Date: January 19, 2017 08:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-19 11:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 08:55

Thanks for posting here. There are some very nice people on iorr for you to get in touch with. Just remember, don't give everything away. Post picks of your items with a watermark if you want. Don't just take the first cash offer if you're looking to sell any of your potentially hidden rolling stones collectables.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 19, 2017 10:40

Matt Lee will be able to advise you well - he's an iorrian, and an extraordinary collector.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 19, 2017 10:53

I am Matt Lee :-) I live in London Bridge, so very close! Just email me on mattleeuk@gmail.com and I would be happy to advise what is of interest / value.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 19, 2017 12:28

I remember you posted quite a few years ago. Good luck with your memorabilia.

For what it's worth, Spanish Tony's book is my favourite in my vast Stones library. He had a unique perspective and was around at their most important period. Keith referred to him as his best friend and immortalised him in Live With Me as well as the cover art on Beggars Banquet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-19 12:30 by Bliss.

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: January 19, 2017 14:16

The most "living"book about the Stones!

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: January 19, 2017 14:49

My fav book about Stones too!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 19, 2017 16:49

Wow! Many of us have wondered for years about the life and death of Tony Sanchez. Thanks for posting.

I would love to know what-all you have. Recently I came across a lot at Sotheby's from "the estate of Tony Sanchez." Learning the existence of which keenly pricked my interest, as did the item, but it was out of my reach.

I would ask Sotheby's for recommendations for a dealer.

You might also consider another direction--i.e., the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame--which would certainly make us archivists, writers, filmmakers, scholars/researchers, and other fans very happy.

Wondering also whether any of the Stones might be collectors of "Stones-related" stuff (possibly Mick?). If you haven't already, you might look into that avenue.

Anything you would care to share about your grandfather in this or another thread I think would be well-received by people tuning in here.

thanks again!
-swiss

ps - I tried you at siik_kiid@hotmail.co.uk but the email bounced. I may have additional suggestions for you. Contact me at swiss@riseup.net if you would like.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-19 17:01 by swiss.

Date: January 19, 2017 18:31

The only live footage and interview with Tony as far as I know:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 19, 2017 19:02

What an interesting interview!

Date: January 19, 2017 19:07

DrPete

It probably figures that the connection between Sanchez and Brian/ Keith was based on their drug-fogged lowlife.

Date: January 19, 2017 21:26

thanks for the help suggestion

Date: January 19, 2017 21:37

Thanks for posting,

I did post but stopped using the email linked to the account and never got notifications about replies. Glad to hear your good review of his book. probably bad place to admit but I haven't even read the book myself!!

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 19, 2017 22:17

...I think too that his book is one of the most interesting concerning the Stones during the seventies....Search the US edition ( Morrow quill paperbacks) which contains many photos BY Tony .

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 19, 2017 22:32

Great to hear from you dominguez14!

I am also one of those who tried to get in touch with you years back.
I can vouch for Matt Lee as a stand up guy and the resident expert concerning rock memorabilia.

My mail is not hidden and I would love to share with you some of the material regarding the French court proceedings against Tony in 1972.

g.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 19, 2017 22:45

TheflyingDutchman

[www.youtube.com]

DrPete
You can say that again... WOW!

That is packed with little tidbits and some good advice too

Date: January 19, 2017 22:58

RobberBride
Great to hear from you dominguez14!

I am also one of those who tried to get in touch with you years back.
I can vouch for Matt Lee as a stand up guy and the resident expert concerning rock memorabilia.

My mail is not hidden and I would love to share with you some of the material regarding the French court proceedings against Tony in 1972.

g.

Sorry I was unreachable for such a long time. I have emailed Matt so will see what comes of that!

I am free to talk about the material you have, my mail is nick.dominguez56@gmail.com unless you would prefer a different way to chat.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 20, 2017 13:27

TheflyingDutchman

[www.youtube.com]

You can see him grooving in R&R Circus.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 20, 2017 15:53

TheflyingDutchman

[www.youtube.com]

Oh, good lord, that's a very young Jeanne Beker interviewing Tony. Toronto entertainment reporter for years, starred on The New Music with JD Roberts (now John Roberts) and went on to Fashion Television.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 20, 2017 17:33

The London's Hells Angels didn't even had motorbikes...That was funny

Date: January 20, 2017 18:08

leteyer
The London's Hells Angels didn't even had motorbikes...That was funny
That was hilarious. I was going to start to quote him in my post, but that whole interview is packed with quotes, one big ole long quotable quote.... and some good advice. It was great.

I actually bought this book yesterday, it is on the way. I have heard of it many times, but never read it, I guess it is time. I bought a "great condition" used copy in paperback $6.00. I wonder if it was ever in hard back.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 20, 2017 19:59

I seem to remember Tony being on the "Tomorrow" show in the US with Tom Snyder
around the time of the book release.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 20, 2017 21:30

You can't even imagine the sensation this book created when it came out! People relied on the rock press for information about bands and musicians and this book blew the lid off the Stones, even following Altamont. Of course, it was soon to be followed by the scurrilous details of the accidental suicide of Scott Cantrell in Anita's bed.

Date: January 20, 2017 22:12

Bliss
You can't even imagine the sensation this book created when it came out! People relied on the rock press for information about bands and musicians and this book blew the lid off the Stones, even following Altamont. Of course, it was soon to be followed by the scurrilous details of the accidental suicide of Scott Cantrell in Anita's bed.

Bliss was this book ever available in hard cover?
I have looked around and only see paper backs available.

I did take jp.M's advice...
jp.M
... Search the US edition ( Morrow quill paperbacks) which contains many photos BY Tony .

...and I bought the Morrow quill version, which took some looking, but I would rather have my books be hard covers... and be first editions... with dust covers... in mint condition... but I cant always get what I want.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 20, 2017 23:40

HankM, I can't believe you haven't read the book yet, you're such a Stones fan!

I read it the summer in Utah when I was 14 yrs old, long time ago, it was thrilling to me.

Speaking of 14, OP are you 14? Guess it's the mother in me but if yes please keep in mind it's a bit sensationalized, but we loved your grandfather for writing it. Take Care---

Date: January 21, 2017 01:36

35love

I read it the summer in Utah when I was 14 yrs old, long time ago, it was thrilling to me.

It is kind of a long story... but yeah...
So like Gone with the Wind and Casablanca I will read this book... and after I see/read them 30-60 years later than anyone else... and I am pretty sure they will be as good as everyone has said they were forever... and they usually are smiling smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 21, 2017 09:27

HankM
35love

It is kind of a long story... but yeah...
So like Gone with the Wind and Casablanca I will read this book... and after I see/read them 30-60 years later than anyone else... and I am pretty sure they will be as good as everyone has said they were forever... and they usually are smiling smiley

I wouldn't say it's a "good" book, per se, but it's "important," and a must-read smiling smiley

-swiss

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home