Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'Not Afraid Video"
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: January 14, 2017 14:38

Yoko starts off this new video montage of classic rockers and others holding up 'Not Afraid' signs in response to the global refugee crisis...but Keith at 1:50 is always the coolest. I started guessing names and was surprised to see how many I 'missed;...Full list at 8:40...

[url=

]Not Afraid Video[/url

Too see you tubevideos in posts you now need to 'load scripts' in Google Chrome by clicking on red icon at top right.

Re: 'Not Afraid Video"
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 14, 2017 14:47

Just copy and paste the URL.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 14, 2017 17:32

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 15, 2017 00:08

Their hearts may be in the right place and I presume they donate money to the charity, but these are just words and don't combat the fact that refugees represent a very complex issue in North America, Europe, and Australia. There are good people who need help and there are bad people who commit crimes or simply trash whole streets of major cities and stir up resentment toward refugees in general. Not trying to turn political, but this is such a tricky issue with governments and churches trying to do right by people in need but without the necessary structure to make this work. I fear crime and prejudice will follow as innocent people get blamed for the economic and social decline that follows in its wake. It is sad, but I wish these charities could work more on viable solutions with the Establishment than just simply telling fans of the artists not to be afraid of terrorism or resort to bigotry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-15 00:09 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 15, 2017 11:37

Well said Rocky.
This is a particularly ineffective message, unfortunately, since it immediately summons to mind
"Of course you're not afraid - you're a multimillionaire!" But as you say I reckon they mean well and also donate money.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 15, 2017 12:17

palerider22
Yoko starts off this new video montage of classic rockers and others holding up 'Not Afraid' signs in response to the global refugee crisis...but Keith at 1:50 is always the coolest. I started guessing names and was surprised to see how many I 'missed;...Full list at 8:40...

Why Keith is the coolest. He doesn't hold the sheet of paper in his hands The picture is taken from an older photo session.
I am tired to read that in any situations Keith or the others are always the best. If tomorrow someone talk about people helping refugees in states on war, Keith will be the best one too.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 15, 2017 13:32

Not Afraid!!!
Let me laugh!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-15 13:39 by tioms.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 16, 2017 23:19

Last time this thread was deleted because it segued into politics. Of course those rich elites aren't worried. They will never have to deal with any of them

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 16, 2017 23:50

Glad to see Keith supporting this project. Would have preferred he had posed for an original pic like some; rather than have the words inserted over his pic.

Date: January 17, 2017 10:11

donvis; WHAT YOU SAY IS 1000 % THE TRUTH

Of course those rich elites aren't worried. They will never have to deal with any of them

Date: January 17, 2017 10:52

Great project, supported by great people!

Date: January 17, 2017 12:26

Great project? But it doesn't help nobody.

Date: January 17, 2017 12:34

tioms
Great project? But it doesn't help nobody.

Awareness always helps. To forget increases the problem.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 18, 2017 12:06

Who of the famous and rich people really get involved in this refugee topic? Who of them works in camps, tries to find jobs, organizes and solves every day problems such as broken lavatories, water provision, food organization, violence ending etc.

They can all be acting cool behind their sunglasses and big walls of wealth and protection. They can easily donate some thousands of dollars, thereby feeling like they've done something.

Honestly speaking, I'd like to see Keith in a refugee camp in Greece or Turkey giving a helping hand for a couple of months. I doubt any of the concerned and so well speaking guys will ...

This problem's much bigger than many people - particularly outside of Europe - may think. It's a desaster and real shame that the so called world community is not able to cooperate, show solidarity and work tightly together in terms of solving this huge tragedy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-18 12:09 by Meise.

Date: January 18, 2017 12:13

Meise
Who of the famous and rich people really get involved in this refugee topic? Who of them works in camps, tries to find jobs, organizes and solves every day problems such as broken lavatories, water provision, food organization, violence ending etc.

They can all be acting cool behind their sunglasses and big walls of wealth and protection. They can easily donate some thousands of dollars, thereby feeling like they've done something.

Honestly speaking, I'd like to see Keith in a refugee camp in Greece or Turkey giving a helping hand for a couple of months. I doubt any of the concerned and so well speaking guys will ...

This problem's much bigger than many people - particularly outside of Europe - may think. It's a desaster and real shame that the so called world community is not able to cooperate, show solidarity and work tightly together in terms of solving this huge tragedy.

That doesn't mean that raising awareness of a big problem is a bad thing..

Date: January 18, 2017 12:16

DandelionPowderman
That doesn't mean that raising awareness of a big problem is a bad thing.

Or that donating money isn't a valid way to help.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 18, 2017 12:39

Raising awareness is not a bad thing at all. But who should be directed to the problem? Who are the addressees to do what?

Donating money is also a good thing. The problem is that the money hardly arrives at those who need it. Finally, governments, i.e. taxpayers, take over the huge part of financing.

I see you didn't see my point ... you're not Europe based, are you?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 18, 2017 13:50

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman
That doesn't mean that raising awareness of a big problem is a bad thing.

Or that donating money isn't a valid way to help.

Or that both of the above aren't better than nothing at all.

Date: January 18, 2017 14:09

DandelionPowderman
I'm going to laugh with your explanations.
I say
THOSE RICH PEOPLE WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AND SMILES AFTER SUNGLASSES THEY ARE ALL PROTECTED BY BODY GARDS, ASO. They live in homes where you can't come.
Bullshitt: NOT AFRAID.
I live in a real world.....they don't.
But I apriciate you to believe in this multimillionaire people who donate NOTHING.
(only a photo of the multimillionaire with a slogan""I'M NOT AFRAID""
POOR PEOPLE imo.

And bv: PUT THIS THREAT OUT........TO POLITICAL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-18 14:12 by tioms.

Date: January 18, 2017 14:11

Meise
Raising awareness is not a bad thing at all. But who should be directed to the problem? Who are the addressees to do what?

Donating money is also a good thing. The problem is that the money hardly arrives at those who need it. Finally, governments, i.e. taxpayers, take over the huge part of financing.

You and me.

Yes, I'm from Europe indeed.

Date: January 18, 2017 14:16

tioms
DandelionPowderman
I say
THOSE RICH PEOPLE WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AND SMILES AFTER SUNGLASSES THEY ARE ALL PROTECTED BY BODY GARDS, ASO. They live in homes where you can't come.
But I apriciate you to believe in this multimillionaire people who donate NOTHING.
POOR PEOPLE imo.

It's good that you're laughing WITH me, I appreciate that.

Seriously, raising awareness is indeed better than not caring or doing anything at all.

If you disagree with that, I'm gonna laugh AT you.

Date: January 18, 2017 23:37

DandelionPowderman
Meise
Yes, I'm from Europe indeed.

I'm Europe-based too. Please don't think your point is unseen -
it's just that iorr isn't the place for finetuned discussions of it.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 01:37

palerider22

[url=

]Not Afraid Video[/url

Too see you tubevideos in posts you now need to 'load scripts' in Google Chrome by clicking on red icon at top right.[/quote]

Nonsense preaching

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 19, 2017 04:52

Thank you tioms.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 20, 2017 02:10

I'm very afraid......

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: January 20, 2017 02:14

Silly campaign.
Implies that the goal of Islamic terror is to scare us, and if we just remain calm behind our designer sunglasses then all will be well.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 20, 2017 02:54

tioms
DandelionPowderman
I say
POOR PEOPLE imo.

Nobody forced you to participate in this thread,tioms.
Start ranting and demanding to close the thread in the same post is ridiculous.

Who made those you're talking about multimillionaires?

It was probably you,me and some others over the last decades.
Most certainly not refugees trying to survive.
Creating awareness is always a good thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home