Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie duet album
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 14, 2017 09:52

This is great! For me, Stevie Nicks' nasal vocals ruined Fleetwood Mac.

Buckingham/McVie

Re: OT: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie duet album
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 14, 2017 15:24

Bliss
This is great! For me, Stevie Nicks' nasal vocals ruined Fleetwood Mac.

Buckingham/McVie

Don't think you could be more wrong about that but cool info anyway, I'll give it a listen for sure.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 14, 2017 15:44

agreed. Nicks is the secret to the sauce that made them so successful.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 14, 2017 15:58

Rip This
agreed. Nicks is the secret to the sauce that made them so successful.

Lol.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 14, 2017 19:19

Could be some great music, but I kinda wanted a real Fleetwood Mac album. It's weird that they are doing this without Stevie Nicks after all these years. First it was no Lindsey, then no Christine, now no Stevie? Maybe after this they'll gather for one last (?) killer album as a whole band.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 14, 2017 19:21

You should all listen to the pre-Stevie Nicks FM work with Christine on lead vocals. Very pure and beautiful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-16 05:26 by Bliss.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 14, 2017 19:23

Will be interesting to hear. I haven't listened to the Buckingham-Nicks era Mac in ages so I may have to go back and explore what Lindsey and Christine did together. For a killer album by Buckingham, get a copy of "Out Of The Cradle". He's not done better, IMHO.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 14, 2017 19:45

Will probably be great.

"Initial writing sessions for a new Fleetwood Mac album began nearly three years ago...
but Nicks, who is about to resume an ongoing tour with the Pretenders, has remained occupied".

Bummer...she's become the Robert Plant of Fleetwood Mac. eye rolling smiley

Date: January 14, 2017 20:44

Tate
Could be some great music, but I kinda wanted a real Fleetwood Mac album. It's weird that they are doing this without Stevie Nicks after all these years. First it was no Lindsey, then no Christine, now no Stevie? Maybe after this they'll gather for one last (?) killer album as a whole band.

We need Peter Green for that.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 15, 2017 02:41

It did seem that this is what was going to happen, FM without Nicks and since she hasn't quit (unlike McVie) they can't call it FM...Maybe Nicks has no new songs to bring to the table unlike the other two. Won't be hard to do better than the sprawling and unmemorable "Say You Will" from 2003 although Nicks can't really be blamed for that, in fact she only contributed songs late in the process if memory serves ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-15 02:44 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 15, 2017 05:02

I'm buying into anything Lindsey Buckingham does. I am a total fan!

Date: January 15, 2017 06:20

Ross

this

Date: January 15, 2017 06:23

gotdablouse
It did seem that this is what was going to happen, FM without Nicks and since she hasn't quit (unlike McVie) they can't call it FM...Maybe Nicks has no new songs to bring to the table unlike the other two. Won't be hard to do better than the sprawling and unmemorable "Say You Will" from 2003 although Nicks can't really be blamed for that, in fact she only contributed songs late in the process if memory serves ?

say you will was hurt by the fact the label made Buckingham stop working on a solo album and work on say you will

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 15, 2017 06:36

Hairball
Will probably be great.

"Initial writing sessions for a new Fleetwood Mac album began nearly three years ago...
but Nicks, who is about to resume an ongoing tour with the Pretenders, has remained occupied".

Doesn't make any sense...she was THRILLED that Christine came back, and now she's off doing her own thing.

They don't have a lot of time left...I'd love to see FM one more time.

Date: January 15, 2017 06:38

keefriff99
Hairball
Will probably be great.

Doesn't make any sense...she was THRILLED that Christine came back, and now she's off doing her own thing.

exactly. I thought it odd too. nicks was making it sound like she'd do a new album only if Christine came back. she did and then nicks doesn't want to it

Date: January 15, 2017 07:18

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
Hairball
Will probably be great.

exactly. I thought it odd too. nicks was making it sound like she'd do a new album only if Christine came back. she did and then nicks doesn't want to it

When I saw them live last year, while introducing Christine and thanking her for being back with the band, they made a point to say "this isn't the end of us!!!".
They talked about writing new tunes together - some of which were already done. Maybe it was Lyndsey who did all the talking though, and he might have been referring to writing solely with Christine...?

Date: January 15, 2017 07:36

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
Hairball
Will probably be great.

When I saw them live last year, while introducing Christine and thanking her for being back with the band, they made a point to say "this isn't the end of us!!!".
They talked about writing new tunes together - some of which were already done. Maybe it was Lyndsey who did all the talking though, and he might have been referring to writing solely with Christine...?

oh its been that way for more than about a year. nicks was holding out and the rest of the band had an album close to completion.

Date: January 15, 2017 13:37

Something's going for sure.

PS - keefriffhard4life and Hairball, there is no need to quote the entire message above yours when replying, just type your reply in the box below, makes it a lot easier to read and saves on bandwidth, thanks.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 15, 2017 14:55

Interesting stuff. Fleetwood Mac is a band that took a long time to sneak up on me. When I first heard the Lindsey-Stevie incarnation in the mid-seventies, I thought they were too commercial for me, didn't rock hard enough. But they kept calling to me until yesterday I finally bought my first FM album, Greatest Hits. What a rhythm section. Was just listening to Rhianon with Mick and John locked in so tight it would take an atom bomb to pry them apart. Good music!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: January 15, 2017 18:06

When I saw them in 2014, she made it a point to say how great it was to have her "sister" back in the band. It seemed like they were eager to make new music and keep the tour rolling.

I remember reading that making Say You Will wasn't a pleasant experience for Stevie, and that she and Lindsey butted heads as usual. I'm thinking that the never-ending dysfunction and drama between those two is at the root of her reluctance to get back with them to finish an album.

Date: January 15, 2017 19:20

keefriff99
When I saw them in 2014, she made it a point to say how great it was to have her "sister" back in the band. It seemed like they were eager to make new music and keep the tour rolling.

I remember reading that making Say You Will wasn't a pleasant experience for Stevie, and that she and Lindsey butted heads as usual. I'm thinking that the never-ending dysfunction and drama between those two is at the root of her reluctance to get back with them to finish an album.

Yes this is what I experienced as well...a lovefest amongst all of them!
And to clarify, rather than seeing them 'last year' (as I previously stated), it was actually Nov. and again in April '15.
It's 2017 already, isn't it? eye rolling smiley

Anyways, I read a review of a recent Stevie Nicks show and evidently it was rather dull, while The Pretenders as openers were great!
Is Stevie going to release new material on her own? If so, and if it's anything like the rest of her solo material, what a letdown.

Date: January 15, 2017 23:13

Hairball
keefriff99

Yes this is what I experienced as well...a lovefest amongst all of them!
And to clarify, rather than seeing them 'last year' (as I previously stated), it was actually Nov. and again in April '15.
It's 2017 already, isn't it? eye rolling smiley

Anyways, I read a review of a recent Stevie Nicks show and evidently it was rather dull, while The Pretenders as openers were great!
Is Stevie going to release new material on her own? If so, and if it's anything like the rest of her solo material, what a letdown.
I've heard the same about her recent tour...just okay, nothing more. To be honest, the highlight would be her and Chrissie dueting on Stop Dragging My Heart Around.

I really wanted to see the show in November, but it was the day after Thanksgiving and I couldn't make it. She is playing a few Northeast dates in a couple of months, but I'm not sold on whether I want to go or not.

And while I had a great time seeing Fleetwood Mac in 2014, I watched THIS video from a year later...

[www.youtube.com]

...and I have my doubts about their long-term viability. A lot of commenters are saying it's the cold weather, but man...that's a rough, sluggish performance.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: January 16, 2017 14:56

keefriffhard4life
Ross

this

As long as he's playing guitar and keeps his mouth shut I would agree.

If he talks for too long the California fruit loop from within begins to show.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: January 16, 2017 17:09

Siiiiighhh....

Date: January 16, 2017 20:45

These dudes DO talk a lot during a show, never seen anyone else do that, in Paris in 2013 it was endless, starting with a rambling story by Stevie on buying shoes I think...I guess the others didn't want to seem "silent" after that. Only John McVie didn't make a speech...

Anyway I listened to Christine's 1984 and 2004 solo albums today and while the first one has a dated production (not as bad as She's The Boss though!) the second one is really good.

--------------

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 17, 2017 00:24

1cdog
keefriffhard4life
Ross

this

As long as he's playing guitar and keeps his mouth shut I would agree.

If he talks for too long the California fruit loop from within begins to show.

Agree!

Date: March 15, 2017 17:01

Some info here in a Stevie interview on RS : [www.rollingstone.com]

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are about to release an album as a duo. It seems like it started as a Fleetwood Mac album, but you chose not to participate.
I've been on the road [solo] since last September, so I don't understand their premise. Christine was gone [from Fleetwood Mac] for 16 years and came back, did a massive tour, and then it's like, "Now I'm just gonna go back to London and sit in my castle for two years"? She wanted to keep working. I will be back with them at the end of the year for, I think, another tour. I just needed my two years off. Until then, I wish them the best in whatever they do.

Do you want to make a new record with them?
I don't think we'll do another record. If the music business were different, I might feel different. I don't think there's any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isn't going to sell. What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isn't all that much fun.

Hum...

--------------

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 15, 2017 17:46

gotdablouse
' I don't think there's any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isn't going to sell. What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isn't all that much fun.

Probably Mick and/or Keith feel the same way.

Date: March 15, 2017 17:53

Yeah but that hasn't stopped anyone interested in putting out new music they believe in...like Buckingham/McVie ;-)

--------------

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 15, 2017 18:45

Wow, very interesting. I guess I should praise SN's honesty, although I find it very disheartening that for her, already plenty wealthy as she is, she puts making money ahead of the art of songwriting and music making. Touring is great, but why not keep making music too?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home