Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow "All Star" album
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 6, 2017 16:47

Cristiano Radtke
The Last Word: Sheryl Crow on Keith Richards and more

Who are your heroes?
Gandhi, and then after that I would say Keith Richards. George Harrison, for a number of reasons. Stevie Nicks. Bob Dylan.

You don't often hear Gandhi and Keith in the same breath.
For a curious human being who is always looking to navigate life with passion, you know, Gandhi's it. For someone who's also curious and who is so playful about music and loves the people that he has loved, that's Keith. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Keith had a nice, long cry the other day when Chuck Berry died. And that's what I love about my work – it's work – but it's a life force, and that's what I look at with him.

[www.rollingstone.com]

That's real nice, it says a lot about Keith, the amount of people who meet him and know him who speak so well of him. Obviously Keith is an inspiration to people in more ways than just his music.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 13, 2017 19:41

From an interview with Gary Graff of Billboard:

Sheryl Crow is still full speed ahead in promoting her latest album, Be Myself, after its April release. But she's also continuing work on a guest-filled album that's been in motion for a while, and which she hopes to have out during 2018.

"It's not really duets; It's just highly collaborative," Crow tells Billboard about the in-motion LP, which includes Crow collaborations with Keith Richards, Willie Nelson, Stevie Nicks, Don Henley (for whom she sang backup during the 80s), Joe Walsh, Vince Gill and more. "I've just called on a bunch of people I've known forever who I'm friends with, and who I've sung with one way or another throughout the years, but I've never asked them to come sing with me. I've been working on it for a couple of years, and eventually I will finish it and it will be out."

In fact, Crow predicts she's "probably one thing away" from having what she would consider a complete set, but adds that, "It could come out now and it would be fine. But there's not any hurry. I'm still working on it and really enjoying it. So I imagine it will be out early next year."

The most important part of the project, according to Crow, is that her guests are actually joining her in the studio during the sessions. "It's just unusual that you get that kind of opportunity where it's not just, 'Here, let's just email the track' and not get a chance to work on it together," she explains. "I got to go to New York and hang out in the studio for two days with Keith Richards. Who lives like that? I am the luckiest person I can think of in the whole wide world. I am never not humbled by it. I just feel so lucky, an to have been embraced by these people in the early days of my career and be able to ask them to come play as we get older is a real treat."

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 14, 2017 18:06

The big fake lips don't look out of place with that facelift. Ewww.

Keith on Sheryl Crow album 'Snap'
Date: April 19, 2018 17:48

Recent news on Crow's long simmering "all star" project:

Sheryl Crow releasing EP this year; all-star duets album "Snap" next year

Sheryl tells Footwear News that her all-star album of duets, which has been in the works for several years, now has a title -- Snap -- and will be out next year. Among the collaborators on the project: Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh, Rolling Stones icon Keith Richards and Stevie Nicks.

"I’ve had so many top moments and had the good fortune of singing with people like Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris, Justin Timberlake. But one of my favorites is Stevie Nicks," Sheryl tells the publication. "I’ve always loved her, her music and authenticity. I think we have a great blend together."

As for why Sheryl was talking to Footwear News, she's promoting her signature clothing line, which is sold via HSN.

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Re: Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Be Myself"
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 19, 2018 18:23

Rip This
I think Jagger's backing track to The Worst is sublime...hard to imagine Crow can do better

I think Keith has brought this song to life when he sang it live on various occasions on the Stones tour 94' 95' but best of all when he sang it with Willie and Sheryl, no Jagger back up vocals needed.

I'm with you though, the studio version with Mick on backing vocals was fantastic too.

Does it get any better than this.
[www.youtube.com]

Nice version of The Worst from Norah Jones
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 10:20 by keithsman.

Re: Keith on Sheryl Crow album 'Snap'
Date: July 2, 2018 18:04

Sheryl Crow to release final album in 2019, featuring collaborations with Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards, and Johnny Cash

"How would I follow that up with an album?"

by Alex Young June 30, 2018

Earlier this week, Sheryl Crow joined forces with St. Vincent for “Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You”. As it turns out, it’s just one of several exciting collaborations destined for what Crow says will be her final full-length studio album.

Appearing on Kyle Meredith With…, Crow says she’s recorded tracks with “people I’ve loved… and who have been heroes of mine forever,” including Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards, Joe Walsh, and Don Henley in addition to the late Johnny Cash.

“How would I follow that up with an album?” Crow remarks.

“Albums as an art form are a little bit of a dying art form. People are more interested in singles,” she continues, adding that “I’ve made the decision in my head that the record that comes out next year will be my last full album. I’ll just start putting songs out… to put out really pertinent songs that feel immediate.”

Elsewhere in her conversation with Meredith, Crow discusses how her unexpected collaboration with St. Vincent came about, plus she reflects on the anniversaries of her seminal albums including 2008’s Detours, 1998’s The Globe Sessions, and 1993’s Tuesday Night Music Club. Listen to the full interview here.

[consequenceofsound.net]

--

Kyle Meredith With...Sheryl Crow - [youtu.be]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 7, 2019 09:46

Sheryl Crow Signs With Big Machine; Duets Album on Deck (EXCLUSIVE)

By Chris Willman

Sheryl Crow’s winding road has brought her back to Nashville, for her new label home as well as her actual place of residence. She’s signed a deal with the Big Machine Label Group, Variety has learned. An official announcement is due shortly.

The first release under the agreement will be a project Crow has been working on and talking about for years: a duets album that pairs the singer/songwriter with rock and country superstars, along with a few up-and-comers. Keith Richards, Stevie Nicks, Don Henley, Willie Nelson, Joe Walsh and Vince Gill are among those she’s confirmed joining her in the studio. Last summer, she released a duet with St. Vincent that is also expected to be part of the new album. Crow told an interviewer last year that it might be her final album.

“I have been a Sheryl Crow fan from the first note of ‘Tuesday Night Music Club,’” said BMLG president/CEO Scott Borchetta, referring to the debut album that won Crow a best new artist Grammy 25 years ago this month. “And when she announced that she intended to make her last album, I immediately reached out to Scooter Weintraub (Crow’s manager) and got a link to the music. It’s a one-listen masterpiece that spans her entire career… and her friends that showed up for this record will blow everyone’s mind. I am honored that Big Machine gets to represent Sheryl and her music in this very important chapter of her career.”

“I’m so excited to release my next record on Big Machine,” Crow said in a statement. “I can tell that Scott Borchetta and all the people that work there love music and love what they do. What an exciting feeling for someone who has been in the music business for over 25 years.” Crow’s statement did not made any further mention of this being a final album, so it’s not known whether that’s still her plan.

Among the tracks already publicly established as being included on the collaborations album is a track with Johnny Cash, “Redemption Day.” Cash recorded a cover of Crow’s song for one of his “American Recordings” with Rick Rubin, and Crow (who was a family friend and sang at Cash’s funeral) got permission from the estate to combine his vocals with hers in a new arrangement. Also previously mentioned by Crow: her duet with Richards is an update of a 1990s Rolling Stones song, “The Worst.”

Crow released her first seven albums on the A&M label, starting with 1993’s “Tuesday Night Music Club,” which is certified seven-times platinum. In 2013, the Nashville transplant switched to Warner Bros. and released a country album, “Feels Like Home,” sticking with that label for a return to a rock sound, 2017’s “Be Myself.” Even as Crow was releasing that last album, she was discussing the duets album as a work already in progress. Last summer, she released the single with St. Vincent, “Wouldn’t Want to Be Like You,” independently, confirming that she’d split with Warner Bros.

As the standard-bearer and virtual poster girl for women in rock over the last quarter century, Crow has accrued 31 Grammy nominations and won nine of those.

Although Big Machine is primarily rooted in country, the label group continues to step outside the genre, with one recent success being a No. 1 rock radio single for the freshman band Badflower.

[variety.com]

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: February 9, 2019 03:35

Muy Bueno!! Gracias por la info!!!

Date: February 9, 2019 16:41

Why keith?
Why?

Date: March 20, 2019 18:16

Sheryl Crow Teases Collab Album Feat. Keith Richards, Johnny Cash & More

By Nicole Mastrogiannis

March 20, 2019

Sheryl Crow Teases Collab Album Feat. Keith Richards, Johnny Cash & More
By Nicole Mastrogiannis

March 20, 2019

Sheryl Crow 2019
Sheryl Crow is getting ready to release a brand new album, and now signed to Big Machine Label Group, it will be unlike anything she's ever released. This album of collaborations will feature some of the most iconic and talented artists in rock and country music.

This new album will follow 2017's Be Myself, and although word is that this will be Crow's final album ever ... will it really be? Sheryl tells iHeartRadio, "I mean, never say never, but yes. I feel like this will be my last album. I'll continue to probably do things here and there." But, even if this really is Crow's last album, fans can always see her on tour. She tells us, "I will always play music. I mean, it's the thing that I know how to do. I would go crazy if I didn't play music."

Crow's upcoming new album features collaborations from music legends like Rolling Stones' Keith Richards, Joe Walsh, Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, James Taylor and Willie Nelson, among others. The record also features other talented artists including Gary Clark Jr., Brandi Carlile, Jason Isbell, Lucius, and St. Vincent (they released their song "Wouldn't Want To Be Like You" last year). Sheryl tells us of how she decided who she wanted to work on this album with, "The people I chose to be on the record were just people that I have loved and admired and had relationships with. Many of these people, I owned their records when I was seven and eight years old. I mean, I can remember unzipping the zipper on Sticky Fingers, and I remember the cover of Rumours and wanting to look like Stevie Nicks. And, who would have thought somebody, you know, a young girl from a tiny town in Missouri would wind up working with these people and having relationships with them. So, when it came time to make the record, there was an obvious list of people I wanted to ask. And luckily most of them said yes."

She adds, "Keith [Richards], it was definitely a go-to. Don Henley gave me one of my first gigs. Stevie Nicks, Joe Walsh, Vince Gill (who's practically my neighbor), James Taylor, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, who, I mean, he's my favorite duet partner on the planet. And there are quite a few young people that really inspire me and that I feel like are gonna go on and carry on the tradition of what we've all been doing, and that's writing songs and playing. And that's Gary Clark Jr. and Brandi Carlile, and Jason Isbell and Lucius, and Annie Clark [St. Vincent], obviously. It's a long list. I'm sure I'm leaving people off, but just people I've loved and wanted to make music with."

Speaking of all-star collaborations, the first single that Crow is sharing from this new album is probably already familiar to her fans. It's called "Redemption Day" and features vocals from the legendary Johnny Cash. Sheryl calls receiving the green light from Johnny Cash's family "humbling," let alone even having a relationship with them. She says, "He was a part of my music dictionary. And then to know he and June, and to have a relationship with them and the family, it feels very sacred."

Sheryl explains of how this version of "Redemption Day" came to be, "It's a song I wrote in '95 or '96. [It] came out on my third record, and cut to 15/18 years later, June Carter passed, and the Carter family asked me to sing at her funeral. And Johnny called me after she passed a couple of months later and said, 'I'm feeling like making a record and my son-in-law gave me this song and I'd like to cut it.' And it was 'Redemption Day.' He passed away pretty shortly after that. The song kind of got pushed back and pushed back, and eventually came out, but it didn't make much noise. And when I got ready to make the record and with what we're going through, just historically right now, it seemed like a great time to revisit that song and grab his demo vocal and recreate it. So that's what we did, with the blessings of his family."

She adds of the song, "I hope that, to quote Carlos Santana, 'I hope it moves the molecules.' I hope people feel what the song has to say and that they feel the impact of his vocal on it and the timeliness of it."

[www.iheart.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 20, 2019 20:47

I'm still waiting for "High or Low" recorded with Keith in 2002...

Date: April 21, 2019 00:27

Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album
Date: May 27, 2019 14:12

Album's got a name - "Threads', and a release date - August 30.

[www.bigmachinelabelgroup.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-27 14:12 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Threads", out August 30
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:21

And apparently it will be her LAST ALBUM [www.rollingstone.com]

“It takes a lot of time and money and energy to create a fully artistic statement with a beginning, a middle and end,” she said. “And, you know, you hope you have a song that lands on a playlist somewhere. People just don’t listen to albums anymore. So I feel like this is a good one to go out on.”

Sounds like she's been spending too much time with Stevie Nicks ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 6, 2019 10:21

I'd love to get naughty with Sheryl; I wish she was on Tinder.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:39

It's sad when artists give up on the album ...

Collections or "Albums" of songs have always had a vibe and a value extending beyond and separate from any individual song within them.

Listening habits and the disappearance of rigid format constraints for albums have made it inevitable I suppose...but it remains very sad.

Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Threads", out August 30
Date: June 6, 2019 19:31

"Live Wire" with Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:41

bye bye johnny
"Live Wire" with Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples

[youtu.be]

Thanks Johnny cool song and cool pants...

Date: June 7, 2019 03:08

And a clip of the rehearsal with Sheryl looking a bit less like she's a day over 35 ;-)

[www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 15:44 by gotdablouse.

Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Threads", out August 30
Date: June 14, 2019 15:39

Date: June 14, 2019 15:51

Looking forward to that release.
Has anyone kept tabs on what were originals and what were covers ?
On first look : Beware of Darkness, Everything is Broken, The Worst, Redemption Day (self) are the covers I've spotted !

--------------

Date: June 14, 2019 19:57

Credits:

Prove You Wrong ft. Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Al Anderson, Leslie Satcher
Live Wire ft. Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
Tell Me When It’s Over ft. Chris Stapleton | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Chris Stapleton
Story Of Everything ft. Chuck D, Andra Day & Gary Clark Jr. | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Steve Jordan, Carlton Ridenhour
Beware Of Darkness ft. Eric Clapton, Sting & Brandi Carlile | Writer: George Harrison
Redemption Day ft. Johnny Cash | Writer: Sheryl Crow
Cross Creek Road ft. Lukas Nelson (digital/physical) / ft. Margo Price (vinyl) | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
Everything Is Broken ft. Jason Isbell | Writer: Bob Dylan
The Worst ft. Keith Richards | Writers: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards
Lonely Alone ft. Willie Nelson | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Shane McAnally Border
Lord ft. Kris Kristofferson | Writers: Kris Kristofferson, Donnie Fritts, Stephen Bruton, Terry Paul
Still The Good Old Days ft. Joe Walsh | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Joe Walsh
Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You ft. St. Vincent* | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
Don’t ft. Lucius | Writer: Sheryl Crow
Nobody’s Perfect ft. Emmylou Harris** | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
Flying Blind ft. James Taylor | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Chris Stapleton
For The Sake Of Love ft. Vince Gill | Writer: Sheryl Crow

Produced by Steve Jordan
*Produced by Jeff Trott
**Produced by Sheryl Crow and Jeff Trott

[themusicuniverse.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 23:39 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 16, 2019 00:34

Can't believe she's 57 years old. Must get the name of her surgeon.
I can remember the time she was Eric Clapton's girl friend...must be over well over 20 years ago.

Re: Keith on Sheryl Crow album "Threads", out August 30
Date: August 30, 2019 22:02

"The Worst" with Keith Richards - [www.youtube.com]

Full album: [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 31, 2019 07:32

bye bye johnny

thumbs down...too sappy.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 31, 2019 08:10

KRiffhard
bye bye johnny

thumbs down...too sappy.

And how exactly was that "too sappy?" Because she changed the lyric from "guy" to "girl?" It's basically the same as the original...a very good cover. Gotta come up with something more than "too sappy" my guy. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 08:13

Her vocals are a bit syrupy, but not a bad cover.

Date: August 31, 2019 09:40

JordyLicks96
KRiffhard
bye bye johnny

thumbs down...too sappy.

And how exactly was that "too sappy?" Because she changed the lyric from "guy" to "girl?" It's basically the same as the original...a very good cover. Gotta come up with something more than "too sappy" my guy. eye rolling smiley

I liked it, but she did change the melody drastically in places.

Date: August 31, 2019 10:27

DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96
KRiffhard
bye bye johnny

thumbs down...too sappy.

I liked it, but she did change the melody drastically in places.

thumbs up
This is the best version ever:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 31, 2019 13:50

I streamed the record yesterday on Napster and I enjoyed it. It is solid "classic rock with a Nashville twist" type of recordings and it works. Congratulations to Sheryl Crow for pulling in all those prestigious guests.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home