Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Keith on Sheryl Crow album "Threads", out August 30
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 7, 2017 20:31

[twitter.com]

Keith and Sheryl duet on 'The Worst'. Album out "near the end of the year".

[www.rollingstone.com]

---

UPDATE: "Threads" scheduled for release August 30, 2019.

[www.bigmachinelabelgroup.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 21:56 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Be Myself"
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 7, 2017 20:42

Doing the @RollingStones logo: I'm the lip, @officialKeef the tongue!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 8, 2017 00:41

I think Jagger's backing track to The Worst is sublime...hard to imagine Crow can do better

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 8, 2017 04:43

They've done this once before. Courtesy of Nico...

020414A 14th April: WILLIE NELSON & FRIENDS. Nashville, Tennessee, Ryman
Auditorium. Incl.
- Dead Flowers (MJ/KR) -with Ryan Adams and Hank Williams III. on guitar
- The Worst (MJ/KR) -with Sheryl Crow on backing vocals
- Move It On Over (Hank Willams) -with All Star Band
Line-up: KR (gtr, voc)/Willie Nelson (voc, gtr)/Richard Bennett (gtr)/Jim Cox
(keyb)/Micky Raphael (harm)/Glenn Worf (bass)/Chad Cromwell
(dr)/Dan Dugmore (pedal steel)/Robert Bailey, Kim Fleming &
Vicki Hampton (bvoc)
Note: Filmed by A&E TV for the Willie Nelson-special “Stars & Guitars”, aired
May 27 on USA Network.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 8, 2017 04:58

Keith on another artist's album is always a treat. Looking forward to hearing this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 05:38 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 8, 2017 05:14

I could never really hear Mick's backing vocal on VL's The Worst. I did like the youtube version with Keith and his country friends. That was a tremendously great version. Interesting the song is being reworked again with Sheryl Crow for an official album release. I'm buying.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 8, 2017 06:18

Hmmm... If I read the article correctly, Keith is not on the upcoming album. The Worst, it seems to read, will instead be on a separate project:

"...In the meantime, she's also working on an all-star record ... duetting with Keith Richards on the 1994 Rolling Stones tune "The Worst"..."

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 8, 2017 10:28

LeonidP
Hmmm... If I read the article correctly, Keith is not on the upcoming album. The Worst, it seems to read, will instead be on a separate project:

"...In the meantime, she's also working on an all-star record ... duetting with Keith Richards on the 1994 Rolling Stones tune "The Worst"..."

I think you're right.
[sherylcrownews.com]

"I have just completed two records. I made a record with people who I love, really for the joy of it. I worked with people like Stevie Nicks and Keith Richards who I’ve known for years and also Willie Nelson, Neil Young and Kris Kristofferson. I’ve called up people who I adore like Joe Walsh and Vince Gill and asked them to collaborate with me. It has been so fun and so rewarding. I also made a record which I just completed with my old writing buddy, Jeff Trott"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 10:40 by KRiffhard.

Re: Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow "All Star" album
Date: January 8, 2017 13:39

Oops. Fixed.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: January 8, 2017 14:52

Date: January 8, 2017 16:47

KRiffhard
LeonidP

I think you're right.
[sherylcrownews.com]

Yeah, wish I was wrong. Those projects sometimes never seem to happen. Wasn't Keith supposed to be on something with Johnny Depp, and then I think another regarding some Ian McLagen tribute. As far as I know, those never happened.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 8, 2017 21:44

Those projects sometimes never seem to happen. Wasn't Keith supposed to be on something with Johnny Depp, and then I think another regarding some Ian McLagen tribute. As far as I know, those never happened.[/quote]

Could that Johnny Depp thing have become The Hollywood Vampires with Alice Cooper and Aerosmith's Joe Perry - plus some of Guns 'n' Roses, am I right? They made a record of cover versions and toured.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2017 23:45

Why did the thread title get fixed to be wrong?

Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Be Myself" "All Star" album

Date: January 9, 2017 00:24

GasLightStreet
Why did the thread title get fixed to be wrong?

Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Be Myself" "All Star" album

The article is confusing, the Be Myself album is the one coming out, but the song with Keith is apparently on the 2nd 'all star' project, still in the works, it seems.

Date: January 9, 2017 00:42

I didn't find it confusing, although the very last thing is a bit of a head shaker:

Crow plans to promote Be Myself with a huge tour. At one point there was talk about doing an "Outlaws" tour with Neil Young and Willie Nelson, but she's not sure if that is still happening. "They're still putting it together," she says. "They've asked us to do it, and I'd be fully on board. Then we'll do a bunch of our own dates." In the meantime, she's also working on an all-star record with Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Willie Nelson, Vince Gill, Kris Kristofferson and many others. Several of the songs are new, though she's duetting with Keith Richards on the 1994 Rolling Stones tune "The Worst" and Johnny Cash's estate has allowed her to cut a virtual duet with the Man in Black on "Redemption Day," a songs of hers he covered toward the end of his life. She hopes to get the album into stores near the end of the year.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 9, 2017 00:43

It was an interesting article. I liked what she said about discourse on the internet and stuff.

Date: January 9, 2017 03:02

GasLightStreet
I didn't find it confusing,

Okay, then now I'm confused on why you asked "Why did the thread title get fixed to be wrong?"

GasLightStreet
although the very last thing is a bit of a head shaker:

... and Johnny Cash's estate has allowed her to cut a virtual duet with the Man in Black on "Redemption Day," a songs of hers he covered toward the end of his life. She hopes to get the album into stores near the end of the year.

... and more confused on why that's a head shaker.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 9, 2017 13:58

I really Love Sheryl Crow and this is great news and I am looking forward to her new album and I hope we get a tour stop in my neck of the woods .You Rock Sheryl cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-09 13:58 by TheGreek.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 21, 2017 20:45

She talks about it on Stern it seems, starts here [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 21, 2017 21:14

This album is out today and I will have it in the next few days .

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 21, 2017 21:35

TheGreek
This album is out today and I will have it in the next few days .

Today's album is a different release, not the All Star effort

Date: April 24, 2017 13:13

Well I just got Sheryl Crow new album Be Myself, and it just rocks .Sheryl has gone back to the sound of her first album and this is just a MASTERPIECE .Such nice songs and lyrics and some flat out rockers .Nice to see and hear Sheryl Crow going back to her real roots .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-24 13:13 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: April 24, 2017 23:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-24 23:30 by Harry.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 24, 2017 23:31

i heard that interview with howard and i'm pretty sure she mentioned having a bunch of all-stars like keith and stevie,as someone already said.
howard is a big stones fan and he asked her if she was nervous around keith and mick.i think she said something like she'd known them for a long time now but she was at first.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: April 25, 2017 00:15

Rip This
I think Jagger's backing track to The Worst is sublime...hard to imagine Crow can do better

When did Jagger sing backing on that one? On VL it's Keith himself doing the harmonies.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: April 25, 2017 18:03

LeonidP
GasLightStreet

Okay, then now I'm confused on why you asked "Why did the thread title get fixed to be wrong?"

Because it said ALL STAR at first and then it was fixed to her solo album BE MYSELF, which the article clearly stated The Worst was for ALL STAR.

GasLightStreet
although the very last thing is a bit of a head shaker:

... and Johnny Cash's estate has allowed her to cut a virtual duet with the Man in Black on "Redemption Day," a songs of hers he covered toward the end of his life. She hopes to get the album into stores near the end of the year.

... and more confused on why that's a head shaker.[/quote]

The head shaker is her recording a virtual duet with him. That's just... weeeiiirrrrrrd.

Date: April 25, 2017 18:09

GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet

Because it said ALL STAR at first and then it was fixed to her solo album BE MYSELF, which the article clearly stated The Worst was for ALL STAR...

Correct, that is why he changed the title, so now i don't follow, didn't you originally ask why it was changed? Because he made a mistake, he thought it was on the solo album instead of all-star.

Well now it is too much, i am confused myself, and don't remember how it all started

Date: April 25, 2017 19:12

GasLightStreet
Because it said ALL STAR at first and then it was fixed to her solo album BE MYSELF

No, it was just the opposite...

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 25, 2017 23:02

That tongue and lip photo sure looks scary, and it sure is not because of the tongue.

Who would have thought pundits would ever get the chance to ponder which version of "The Worst" is worse or actually is the worst? ;-)

This is probably one of the worst "The Worst" jokes ...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 1, 2017 17:56

The Last Word: Sheryl Crow on Keith Richards and more

Who are your heroes?
Gandhi, and then after that I would say Keith Richards. George Harrison, for a number of reasons. Stevie Nicks. Bob Dylan.

You don't often hear Gandhi and Keith in the same breath.
For a curious human being who is always looking to navigate life with passion, you know, Gandhi's it. For someone who's also curious and who is so playful about music and loves the people that he has loved, that's Keith. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Keith had a nice, long cry the other day when Chuck Berry died. And that's what I love about my work – it's work – but it's a life force, and that's what I look at with him.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home