Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Will Stones storm the US this year before Europe
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 3, 2017 00:15

I only wish, any rumours folks? Europe Id love to go but not sure will be costly.

Re: Will Stones storm the US this year before Europe
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 3, 2017 00:17

babyblue
I only wish, any rumours folks? Europe Id love to go but not sure will be costly.

As an American, I wish they would but I've heard no chatter...Then again some things I've read refer to a 2017 "World Tour," but nothing official.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-03 00:18 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 3, 2017 00:58

2017 "World Tour" has a nice ring to it...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 3, 2017 01:43

HonkeyTonkFlash
babyblue

As an American, I wish they would but I've heard no chatter...Then again some things I've read refer to a 2017 "World Tour," but nothing official.

The reference to the world tour means the shows they have been doing around the world every year since 2012 with Europe June and July 2017 a part of it.

You can get some good deals on flights to Europe from around the world and if you wanted to see a few shows in Europe then flying around Europe is quick and you can get some very cheap fares have a look on skyscanner.com a website that shows all the prices with different airlines I use it to look for flights and then I book directly on the airline website.

Europe in the summer is fantastic wake up have breakfast go for a slow walk around the city see all the Stones fans walking around then in the evening go and watch the Stones play in some of the greatest stadiums in the world.

Barcelona,Paris,London to name a few what could be better I love it hope to see you there.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 3, 2017 01:46

MisterDDDD
2017 "World Tour" has a nice ring to it...
Gold rings on you all!!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 01:49

UK is long overdue, USA not overdue at all.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 3, 2017 01:56

No. Not a chance.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 3, 2017 02:00

Nope.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 02:48

It's possible they might pop over the pond for Chicago's Exhibitionism opening. Doubt it. And certainly not a storm. Nate makes sense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2017 03:42

As for the US, maybe they'll play a private billionaire party or two, but that's probably about it.

As for attending a show in Europe, by all means go as it great to experience a Stones show there.
And besides, travel cost and tickets probably wouldn't cost much more than an overpriced US ticket as was witnessed during the recent 'mini tour'.
Ticket prices are usually much more humane for European shows, and travel deals can be found on various sites as mentioned above by Nate.
It's a win-win situation...you get to see the Stones AND visit great cities abroad while you're at it!

Date: January 3, 2017 04:29

Hairball
As for the US, maybe they'll play a private billionaire party or two, but that's probably about it.

Probably right Eeor.
Because that's all they do now.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2017 04:50

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Probably right Eeor.
Because that's all they do now.

Lol...if you think they'll actually play any public shows in the US any time soon, you're either high, haven't been paying attention, or living in a bizarre fantasy land...or a combination of all three!
More than one source has confirmed a small Euro tour for 2017, and that's all she wrote. If you've never seen them in Europe, now's your chance - might be the last shows ever!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2017 04:52

can't believe it's been 5 years since they started this latter day renaissance.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 05:35

You yanks have had your dates. Europe will be brilliant.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: January 3, 2017 14:05

Typhoon Stones smileys with beer

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 3, 2017 14:08

There are rumors the Stones will never come back to North America....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 3, 2017 15:13

mpj200
You yanks have had your dates. Europe will be brilliant.

After the Stones have toured Europe, they will hit Europe again !!
Thats what i have heard.
Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2017 15:15

The tour will be announced on April 1st. A bunch of shows in NA. Mick will move to NYC with Charlie and Ronnie, to be closer to their new territory, also closer to Keith, and everything will be a blast. I am waiting for my green card to go through. Happy new year!

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 3, 2017 15:30

bv
The tour will be announced on April 1st. A bunch of shows in NA. Mick will move to NYC with Charlie and Ronnie, to be closer to their new territory, also closer to Keith, and everything will be a blast. I am waiting for my green card to go through. Happy new year!

Hey, I stopped breathing for a second!
No worries, I exhaled and laughed at 'their new territory'
I DO have a new passport never been used! (yes, legal)
Oh dear here we go again.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 3, 2017 15:33

Hey, dear friends from US, don't be so covetous!... You have attended a great Stones tour in 2015 and few more gigs in 2016. Time for Europe now and after that...let's see...

Happy new year, everybody!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 3, 2017 16:10

bv

Hahahahaha
Good One,bjornulf.
Jeroen

Date: January 3, 2017 16:27

On the more serious side... Zip Code was an amazing tour. Same with the NA "secondary markets" tour back in the fall of 2006. The North American market is probably the only market in the world where the Stones might pick any - I mean any - city and sell 50,000 tickets. Two shows in Regina Canada... Or tours that took them to places like Budva, Brno, Moncton, Bergen, ... these places have small populations but people came from all over into the shows.

Anyway, they might do the same in Europe. They could play Vaduz or Reykjavik or any other city. Still... even if it is not all over yet, we are on the other side of the curve, the upside U curve that had the max in 2014. just plot the shows in a scatter diagram, correlated to time, and you will see what I mean.

Bjornulf

Date: January 3, 2017 16:51

bv

If NA is where you're seeking green card status, may want to consider Canada... The US is more than a little "unstable" at the moment... cool smiley

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 3, 2017 16:54

MisterDDDD
bv

If NA is where you're seeking green card status, may want to consider Canada... The US is more than a little "unstable" at the moment... cool smiley

Yes but that will all change on January 20th. The instability of the past 8 years will be over.cool smiley

Date: January 3, 2017 17:30

No reason to mix politics into here.

Bjornulf

Date: January 3, 2017 17:43

True enough.
Thought a light-hearted comment re green card comment was safe.

Apologies.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 4, 2017 01:40

I'd love to see them in Europe, it would be much more fun than another US city. Just not sure I can get my broke American ass over there. Sigh.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 4, 2017 01:48

The "World Tour" days are over.
They are old men now.
However, short-scale periods of concerts still can happen.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 4, 2017 01:52

latebloomer
I'd love to see them in Europe, it would be much more fun than another US city. Just not sure I can get my broke American ass over there. Sigh.

Have you been to Europe before?
If not I would suggest trying to make it if you put your mind to it you can do it.

You can get some great deals on flights and if you don't mind staying in hostels then it can be a not so expensive trip.
Europe has some great hostels nice and clean with a great atmosphere.

Let me know if you need any tips on places to stay around Europe I have stayed at many cheap but great places in major cities around Europe.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 4, 2017 03:05

Hi Nate,
Gimme some tips to travel staying in hostels ..

Thank you in advance

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home