Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: Carrie Fisher RIP
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 08:00

keefriffhard4life
Socrates1
I heard on tv that she was supposed to be in the next one. She was in the last one, before Rogue I. She could still act. They're just gonna keep making the Star Wars movies now. I don't think anyone can stop them. It's gonna be in some kind of sequence to another movie.. Maybe they're going backwards again? I don't know. Oh yeah, Spoiler Alert: the young Princess Leia appears every so briefly in the Rogue I. They should have kept all the old characters, IMO.

ok. here is the plans. they are completing what the original trilogy started. the originaly trilogy was 4-6. in the 90's and early 00's they made episodes 1-3. now they are making episode 7-9. carrie is in episode 7 and shot her footage for episode 8. no idea if she was going to be in 9 since that one isn't filmed.

in the meantime there are several standalone films planned. the first was rogue one that showed the events of how the death star was built and the plans were stolen by the rebels. another planed standalone film is the origins of han solo and what he did before he met luke and obi-wan. I've heard another film will be about the bounty hunter boba fett and what he did as a bounty hunter prior to freezing han in carbonite and taking him to jabba the hutt

I feel like I'm having deja vu. It was something they said on CNN earlier, about plans for Carrie Fisher to be in the next one. Maybe it was for the 'origins of Han Solo' idea. That's kind of ringing a bell. I liked The Force Awakens. Except for the one thing that looked like a giant meatball monster. They could have changed that part.

The original Star Wars movies were gritty. And I like how everything looked the right way in Rogue I. The spaceships are dirty. They look like they might be real. Maybe there was too much dialog for me? It wasn't overly digitized like the Jar Jar Binks weirdness, so that was good. But overall it just didn't grab me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-28 08:01 by Socrates1.

Date: December 28, 2016 08:11

Socrates1
keefriffhard4life
Socrates1
I heard on tv that she was supposed to be in the next one. She was in the last one, before Rogue I. She could still act. They're just gonna keep making the Star Wars movies now. I don't think anyone can stop them. It's gonna be in some kind of sequence to another movie.. Maybe they're going backwards again? I don't know. Oh yeah, Spoiler Alert: the young Princess Leia appears every so briefly in the Rogue I. They should have kept all the old characters, IMO.

ok. here is the plans. they are completing what the original trilogy started. the originaly trilogy was 4-6. in the 90's and early 00's they made episodes 1-3. now they are making episode 7-9. carrie is in episode 7 and shot her footage for episode 8. no idea if she was going to be in 9 since that one isn't filmed.

in the meantime there are several standalone films planned. the first was rogue one that showed the events of how the death star was built and the plans were stolen by the rebels. another planed standalone film is the origins of han solo and what he did before he met luke and obi-wan. I've heard another film will be about the bounty hunter boba fett and what he did as a bounty hunter prior to freezing han in carbonite and taking him to jabba the hutt

I feel like I'm having deja vu. It was something they said on CNN earlier, about plans for Carrie Fisher to be in the next one. Maybe it was for the 'origins of Han Solo' idea. That's kind of ringing a bell. I liked The Force Awakens. Except for the one thing that looked like a giant meatball monster. They could have changed that part.

The original Star Wars movies were gritty. And I like how everything looked the right way in Rogue I. The spaceships are dirty. They look like they might be real. Maybe there was too much dialog for me? It wasn't overly digitized like the Jar Jar Binks weirdness, so that was good. But overall it just didn't grab me.

the next one set for release is episode 8, the sequel to the force awakens, which is due in 2017. the han solo film won't have any of the original actors as far as I know. that's set for 2018. a different actor is already playing han solo because Harrison ford is too old and also no longer wants to play han solo

Date: December 28, 2016 08:54

I see what you're saying now, they had already wrapped shooting for the next one with Carrie Fisher. If that's not what you're saying, it may just me or it's late or something..

[www.usatoday.com]

Date: December 28, 2016 08:56

Socrates1
I see what you're saying now, they had already wrapped shooting for the next one with Carrie Fisher. If that's not what you're saying, it may just me or it's late or something..

[www.usatoday.com]

no that's what I'm saying. they just wrapped the 2017 film with her in it recently

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 28, 2016 09:19

RIP to her indeed.
However, am I the only one here who never got the whole Star Wars sensation?
It never did anything for me. Still doesn't.
I'm a big fan of Star Trek (TOS), and they all said I would love Star Wars,
but...nothing.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 28, 2016 09:23

So sad for her family, especially Debbie Reynolds. Terrible for a parent to lose a child. Carrie was a very funny and great writer. She will be missed. RIP

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 10:22

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 28, 2016 10:42

Socrates1
Spoiler Alert: the young Princess Leia appears every so briefly in the Rogue I. They should have kept all the old characters, IMO.

Was that necessary? and buried at the end of your post.

Date: December 28, 2016 11:00

That's why I said "Spoiler Alert"! You're supposed to stop reading if you don't want to be alerted. I can stop reading something midway through if I want to. But I didn't consider the quoting thing either, and maybe people skimming over stuff. I just didn't think anybody would really notice it if they didn't want to.

Date: December 28, 2016 11:02

tomk
RIP to her indeed.
but...nothing.

I've never really been into Star Trek.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: December 28, 2016 14:05

Very sad news and so sudden. When I heard that she had a massive heart attack and went into cardiac arrest, I really didn't hold out much hope for her survival, unfortunately.

She was an icon from my childhood plus her movie career was getting a jump start with the new Star War movies. Apparently, she's in the next installment (to be released December 2017) quite a bit.

RIP Princess. 2016 has been a terrible year.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 14:57

Very sad. What an interesting woman, comlex, talented, and brave. She paved the way for strong women characters shattering stereotypes. RIP Carrie!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 28, 2016 17:25

For the sake of accuracy from the cast list for Rogue one (which I seen on Friday ) Princess Leia from the back view is played by Ingvild Deila .From the front it is Carrie Fisher's face via digital work and her hand is Ingvild Delia. The movie was tremendous .Star Wars fans get to the movies and see this one .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 28, 2016 17:29

From the twitter:
"Carrie Fisher went out the way most women would want to: after telling the world she f*cked Harrison Ford in his prime."
cool smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 28, 2016 19:55

In her 2009 memoir Wishful Drinking, Fisher wrote about her difficult relationship with theStar Wars franchise. More specifically, she detailed Star Wars director George Lucas’s strange and perhaps sexist world building. Apparently in galaxies far, far, away, there was no such thing as female underwear:

George comes up to me the first day of filming and he takes one look at the dress and says, "You can't wear a bra under that dress."

So, I say, "Okay, I'll bite. Why?"

And he says, "Because ... there's no underwear in space."

I promise you this is true, and he says it with such conviction too! Like he had been to space and looked around and didn’t see any bras or panties or briefs.
Lucas, she continues, eventually expanded on the idea (though it remains unclear why, if there’s no underwear in space, Leia only wears underwear when she’s on Tatooine, where she’s seen in the infamous “Slave Leia” gold bikini).

What happens is you go to space and you become weightless. So far so good, right? But then your body expands??? But your bra doesn't — so you get strangled by your own bra.

Lucas’s justification gave Fisher her own gleeful glorious idea, and the rest was history.

Now I think that this would make for a fantastic obit — so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.

So f*ck this heart attack. Here lies legendary actress, writer, and feminist Carrie Fisher, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 28, 2016 20:35

John Lennon's son pays a touching tribute to Carrie Fisher
'Please, let's just get to 2017 without losing any more geniuses.'

I can honestly say that Carrie was one of the best and closest friends I've ever had in my life. She was the smartest, funniest, kindest, and most generous person I have ever known. My heart is completely and permanently broken. This is the kind of loss that you never recover from.

I know because I still miss my dad every single day. Carrie, I love you so much. I can't imagine living my life without you there to fix it. You meant more to me than just friend or family, I feel that you were part of me, and you always will be.

I can never thank you enough for all those magical evenings. Thank you Debbie and Billie for sharing your prodigal princess with me. My thoughts are with you now and forever. RIP, Carrie Fisher.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 29, 2016 03:51

WTF...

[www.bbc.com]

Update: she passed away as well ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-29 03:54 by Koen.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 29, 2016 04:00

Yes, Debbie Reynolds has now also passed away. This is becoming a Greek tragedy. Wishing them both peace.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 29, 2016 04:22

So sad that she lived to see her daughter die...must have been too much to bear. Glad they're both at peace.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 29, 2016 04:25

Legendary actress, writer, and feminist Carrie Fisher,
drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

PRINT IT!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 29, 2016 04:49

Her mom, Debbie Reynolds apparently had a stroke while preparing for her daughter Carrie's funeral.
Sad.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 29, 2016 05:07

Debbie Reynolds has passed away and is with her baby again.

Date: December 29, 2016 05:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-30 11:08 by Socrates1.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 29, 2016 07:21

Socrates1
tomk
RIP to her indeed.
but...nothing.

I've never really been into Star Trek.

I only like the original series.
All the other extensions and movies and reboots never did anything for me.

Date: December 29, 2016 07:49

It's an iconic tv show to say the least. It probably changed sci-fi forever.

And if anyone didn't know, Steve Martin tweeted something for-real that was supposed to be controversial. Google if interested. I just thought he was saying he got to know Carrie Fisher, and she was more than just the pretty girl in Star Wars. Everybody thought she was pretty. The world fell in love with her in Star Wars. Sometimes people are overly sensitive nowadays about the wrong things, IMHO. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled RIP thread..

Date: December 29, 2016 08:02

TheGreek
For the sake of accuracy from the cast list for Rogue one (which I seen on Friday ) Princess Leia from the back view is played by Ingvild Deila .From the front it is Carrie Fisher's face via digital work and her hand is Ingvild Delia. The movie was tremendous .Star Wars fans get to the movies and see this one .

Cool, I was wondering how they did that. Whatever you do, don't tell The Sicilian. I just figured everybody could automatically stop reading something if they wanted to. I can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-29 08:03 by Socrates1.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: December 29, 2016 08:37

Socrates1

And if anyone didn't know, Steve Martin tweeted something for-real that was supposed to be controversial. Google if interested. I just thought he was saying he got to know Carrie Fisher, and she was more than just the pretty girl in Star Wars. Everybody thought she was pretty. The world fell in love with her in Star Wars. Sometimes people are overly sensitive nowadays about the wrong things, IMHO. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled RIP thread..

Thats really not even an opinion, its pretty much a fact.. People need to stop backing down to the PC police.

Date: December 29, 2016 08:50

I actually thought it was a nice tweet. Am I just totally messed up? Do I have the mind of Steve Martin or something?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 29, 2016 08:56

The loss of Carrie, followed by her mother the next day - is so very tragic for this family.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 29, 2016 09:07

stanlove
Socrates1

Thats really not even an opinion, its pretty much a fact.. People need to stop backing down to the PC police.

Thats @#$%& sad when Steve Martin has to delete a joke because people are too uptight. What, are we not supposed to say at one she was stunning because her appearance totally changed? What he said was perfect, that we all got to know her for her role and beauty and she turned out to be a hysterically witty person. Its a compliment.

Sad to see her and her mother gone. I honestly thought the story earlier about Debbie be rushed to the hospital was a rumor that people just ran with. It wrote itself, and sadly it ended up being true.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home