Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: Carrie Fisher RIP
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:03

It's getting too fu cking much now. RIP Carrie Fisher.

[people.com]

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to PEOPLE on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd:

“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly,” says Lourd. “Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.

The daughter of showbiz veteran Debbie Reynolds and entertainer Eddie Fisher, Fisher was brought up in the sometimes tumultuous world of film, theatre and television.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-27 20:06 by Silver Dagger.

Re: OT: Carrie Fisher RIP
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:14

oh man just awful. RIP Princess.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:18

Wtf!!! RIP

I just watched an old interview, of hers, just the other day. Then Google docs her gold bikini star wars pics. Man, what a bummer this week is turning out to be.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:19

Some of her best scenes from Star Wars.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:20

Going to see Rogue One tonight with a lot of sadness.

RIP Carrie. Looking forward to seeing her final Star Wars film next year.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:22

So sad, RIP Carrie.

What a year and there're still four more days.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:22

So sad , I just seen the new movie Rogue One and am deeply saddened by the passing .R.I.P. Princess

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:28

2016 is a nightmare.

RIP Carrie Fisher. You were wonderful and I had a crush on you in the late 70's.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 27, 2016 20:49

2016 can go to hell.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 27, 2016 21:13

Love and light to her

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 27, 2016 21:18

Loved her.
Loved this story re her partying with the stones..

“Eric Idle rented me his house [during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back], but then he stayed at the house as well, and one night he invited the Rolling Stones over…” Carrie said.

“I said to Harrison [Ford], ‘The Rolling Stones are going to come over!’ And we had a really early call the following morning, but you have to measure the fun – Rolling Stones, or early call? Rolling Stones, or early call? And we decided on both.”

Not only did Carrie and Harrison party hard with the Stones, but they showed up to the set the next day still tipsy."
[dishnation.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 27, 2016 21:35

Follow the trail of white powder :
Fisher -----> Belushi -----> Keith -----> Belushi -----> Fisher.

Another one bites the dust...and Keith's still here! thumbs up

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 27, 2016 21:39

I've clearly underestimated the power of the dark side.

Feck off 2016.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-28 03:15 by camper88.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 27, 2016 21:44

She was wonderful in the Blues Brothers, what with her one-woman arsenal of weaponry.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 27, 2016 21:52

I just saw her as Princess Leia in in the end of the movie "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" in a cinema near me.

RIP Carrie Fisher

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: December 27, 2016 22:17

RIP

What an awful year......

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 27, 2016 22:20

2016 is the new 27...

RIP Carrie Fisher sad smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 27, 2016 22:20

RIP Carrie and safe journey. Too soon gone. This one really hurts.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 27, 2016 22:36

I wish a lot of strength to those who are left behind.
Yeah, Star Wars and the Blues Brothers. Flash back to my early teenage years...
Tomorrow I had planned to see the new movie with my son. I'll shed a tear, I guess.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: December 27, 2016 22:37

Other than my love of the Rolling Stones, my other obsession is Star Trek.
Thing is, without Star Wars, there wouldn't have been anymore Star Trek.
When Star Wars came out and was the huge success, Star Trek was revived.
I met my wife while on the Star Trek set.
Carrie's character, Princess Leia, was the original female action hero.
While I know she's from a galaxy far, far away, I will end with this:
Boldly Go, Carrie. Boldly Go our Princess...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 28, 2016 00:00

Very sad - so sudden...RIP.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 28, 2016 00:11

Never saw a Star Wars movie, but I saw her one-woman show, Wishful Drinking. Funny as hell!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 28, 2016 00:22

was once married to Paul Simon ....

RIP Carrie

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 28, 2016 01:33

A young Carrie in a Ringo video...

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 28, 2016 01:34

I'm seeing the new movie tonight with three of my children. Such sad news about
Carrie's passing. A terrible and sudden tragedy for her family to endure over the holidays. My sympathies to all those who knew her and will miss her. RIP Carrie.

Date: December 28, 2016 03:05

again. this year sucks. R.I.P.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 05:27

Just saw Rogue I over the weekend. It was nothing without Carrie Fisher. It just wasn't very good at all. They were planning for her to be in the next one. It's too bad they didn't have her in this one first. Way too young to die. I thought she was a really cool person. I enjoyed seeing her in interviews over the years. I always genuinely enjoyed listening to everything she had to say.

Date: December 28, 2016 07:18

Socrates1
Just saw Rogue I over the weekend. It was nothing without Carrie Fisher. It just wasn't very good at all. They were planning for her to be in the next one. It's too bad they didn't have her in this one first. Way too young to die. I thought she was a really cool person. I enjoyed seeing her in interviews over the years. I always genuinely enjoyed listening to everything she had to say.

huh? carrie fisher is in episode 7 and will be in episode 8. rogue 1 takes place before the very first star wars. carrie was 60 now and in rogue one she would have been 20 something. she made a cameo at the end in CGI. that's all they could do. this film is not part of the ongoing original or new trilogy but was a one off film that's part of the star wars cannon.

the filming for the next star wars has ended already and she is in it.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 07:27

I heard on tv that she was supposed to be in the next one. She was in the last one, before Rogue I. She could still act. They're just gonna keep making the Star Wars movies now. I don't think anyone can stop them. It's gonna be in some kind of sequence to another movie.. Maybe they're going backwards again? I don't know. Oh yeah, Spoiler Alert: the young Princess Leia appears every so briefly in the Rogue I. They should have kept all the old characters, IMO.

Date: December 28, 2016 07:34

Socrates1
I heard on tv that she was supposed to be in the next one. She was in the last one, before Rogue I. She could still act. They're just gonna keep making the Star Wars movies now. I don't think anyone can stop them. It's gonna be in some kind of sequence to another movie.. Maybe they're going backwards again? I don't know. Oh yeah, Spoiler Alert: the young Princess Leia appears every so briefly in the Rogue I. They should have kept all the old characters, IMO.

ok. here is the plans. they are completing what the original trilogy started. the originaly trilogy was 4-6. in the 90's and early 00's they made episodes 1-3. now they are making episode 7-9. carrie is in episode 7 and shot her footage for episode 8. no idea if she was going to be in 9 since that one isn't filmed.

in the meantime there are several standalone films planned. the first was rogue one that showed the events of how the death star was built and the plans were stolen by the rebels. another planed standalone film is the origins of han solo and what he did before he met luke and obi-wan. I've heard another film will be about the bounty hunter boba fett and what he did as a bounty hunter prior to freezing han in carbonite and taking him to jabba the hutt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-28 07:34 by keefriffhard4life.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home