Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
2017: 40th Anniversary El Mocambo
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: December 26, 2016 20:03

The perfect 'From The Vault' release for next summer...The setlists are awesome...It's now or never! Both shows! All of it! ...including the 'lost' video... ;-)

March 04
Route 66
Honky Tonk Women
Hand of Fate
Fool to Cry
Crazy Mama
Crackin' Up
Around and Around
Melody
Star Star
Worried About You
Let's Spend the Night Together
Little Red Rooster
Luxury
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

March 05
Honky Tonk Women
All Down the Line
Hand of Fate
Route 66
Fool to Cry
Crazy Mama
Mannish Boy
Crackin' Up
Dance Little Sister
Around and Around
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Hot Stuff
Worried About You
Worried Life Blues
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Rip This Joint
Little Red Rooster
Luxury
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Re: 2017: 40th Anniversary El Mocambo
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 26, 2016 20:15

The full March 5th show with Melody and Star Star from March 4th as extras would be a really cool release.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 26, 2016 20:26

Just released: a Goldplate CD with most of Crazy Mama - an another numbered CD with the full take. The only live version before 1997. That's probably all new stuff we're getting for the new few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-26 20:33 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 26, 2016 22:32

palerider22
.including the 'lost' video...

Well the shows weren't filmed but thx to the magic of CGI effects anything's possible! Fingers crossed! I want a Bluray title for 2017 >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 27, 2016 14:58

Since Mocambo wasn't filmed, how about a Knebworth dvd plus Mocambo cds package! I would be in heaven, sadly probably literally before this gets released Lol

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 27, 2016 15:33

DrPete I'm afraid you're not alone. Don't see why they couldn't put together an audio package of El Mocambo. It's anyone's guess why they haven't done it. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 27, 2016 17:40

I to would like to type my support for such a release...we want Elmo already

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 27, 2016 18:17

Untill now Eagle Rock only released dvd's (or blu ray) together with cd stuff, never only a cd.

Maybe in the future Universal (or whoever has the rights at that moment) releases a special edition boxset of the "Love you live" album and we'll get this as bonus stuff, who knows?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-27 18:19 by GJV.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 27, 2016 18:40

frankotero
Don't see why they couldn't put together an audio package of El Mocambo. It's anyone's guess why they haven't done it.

Not a guess, but a true answer from the Stones camp when I asked specifically for El Mocambo was: "It's certainly good material, but not flawless and therefore can't be released without a considerable amount of production work."

Whatever was meant by "not flawless" - the recording itself in technical terms or the performances of individual band members or even both - keep in mind that the Love You Live Mocambo tracks were indeed partly overdubbed, and my guess is that the band is simply not willing to spend time and effort to do further work on 1977 live tapes, holy grail or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-27 18:42 by retired_dog.

Date: December 27, 2016 22:09

Darn it retired_dog! You make too much sense now my dream is shattered. But you know what, didn't they do an excellent job with over dubs on Plundered My Soul. Oh well.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 27, 2016 22:31

I want the original shows, no @#$%& overdubs from 2017 or 2018...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 27, 2016 23:22

It wouldn't really need overdubs! Release is warts and all as they have with the other releases. There are plenty of flaws on the other releases. It can be done. I bet it will too.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 27, 2016 23:59

GJV
Untill now Eagle Rock only released dvd's (or blu ray) together with cd stuff, never only a cd.

Maybe in the future Universal (or whoever has the rights at that moment) releases a special edition boxset of the "Love you live" album and we'll get this as bonus stuff, who knows?

LIGHT UP THE FUSE 2005 and STICKY FINGERS LIVE 2015 were released as official downloads only.

Both great unique LIVE shows..., but poor selling figures.

I don't care. thumbs up

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 28, 2016 02:05

I think, LUTF & SFL both are coming, San Jose & Paris as well, ELMO who knows, and what about STP box with Philly I & II or Pitsburgh ..... and empire pool ....

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 28, 2016 06:54

frankotero
Darn it retired_dog! You make too much sense now my dream is shattered. But you know what, didn't they do an excellent job with over dubs on Plundered My Soul. Oh well.

Sorry, it was not my intention to shatter your dreams! In fact, they are not necessarily shattered. Plans/attitudes/opinions/judgments can change, and have been changed in the past. Rock'n Roll Circus saw the light of day despite Jagger initial judgment decades ago that the Stones performances were too weak. However with Mocambo it all would be less complicated if they shows were filmed and released on DVD/Blueray with accompanying audio discs. As a standalone audio release they would be much more critical concerning "warts and all". Add to that the fact that a standalone audio release would fall under Universal deal and with Universal obviously not being all too interested in archive live material (other than Eagle, of course) and there you have it. I mean, they did not even consider to release Brussels in physical formats and that for sure was a no-brainer for us fans.

Date: December 28, 2016 11:55

Okay then I will continue to live in hope. Still don't know why there seems to be some sort of idea there must be video with everything. I "think" most music fans love to "hear" music. Well my two cents anyway.

Date: December 28, 2016 13:31

We need the Le Comambo-show in great quality!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 28, 2016 13:56

I want this post haste and I want the shows that were mentioned above esp. San Jose 1999

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-28 15:53 by TheGreek.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 28, 2016 14:48

retired_dog
frankotero

Sorry, it was not my intention to shatter your dreams! In fact, they are not necessarily shattered. Plans/attitudes/opinions/judgments can change, and have been changed in the past. Rock'n Roll Circus saw the light of day despite Jagger initial judgment decades ago that the Stones performances were too weak. However with Mocambo it all would be less complicated if they shows were filmed and released on DVD/Blueray with accompanying audio discs. As a standalone audio release they would be much more critical concerning "warts and all". Add to that the fact that a standalone audio release would fall under Universal deal and with Universal obviously not being all too interested in archive live material (other than Eagle, of course) and there you have it. I mean, they did not even consider to release Brussels in physical formats and that for sure was a no-brainer for us fans.

Exactly! That's what I meant!
Eagle Rock are only releasing dvd with cd's! That's the deal they have! Universal is not interested! We have a big problem here! We only gonna get this, if they are releasing a "Love you live" box with this as bonus content.

Date: December 28, 2016 14:51

GJV
retired_dog
frankotero

Exactly! That's what I meant!
Eagle Rock are only releasing dvd with cd's! That's the deal they have! Universal is not interested! We have a big problem here! We only gonna get this, if they are releasing a "Love you live" box with this as bonus content.

They could do something similar as they did with The Brussels Affair?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 14:56

Yes, of course they could do it like Brussels. It would be fantastic! Release both sets in a great vinyl/CD box set. It would be awesome!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 28, 2016 15:27

What'd be do-able is a "best-of" one CD comp of both nights that'd come with the (logn rumoured) "Paris 76" DVD.

By doing so Jagger would please the fans by giving them extra material from the Mocambo shows without showing the warts of these two nights.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 28, 2016 15:30

DandelionPowderman
We need the Le Comambo-show in great quality!

Dang it!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 28, 2016 18:28

dcba
What'd be do-able is a "best-of" one CD comp of both nights that'd come with the (logn rumoured) "Paris 76" DVD.

By doing so Jagger would please the fans by giving them extra material from the Mocambo shows without showing the warts of these two nights.
I for one want warts and all

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 20:37

Is this going to be another 'missed opportunity? I'm sure it will be a big deal in Toronto come March with the building undergoing extensive renovations by it's millionaire owner and part-time musician. That and the fact the El Mocambo appearance is easily the best known club concert by the band makes it a 'no-brainer'. I hope they surprise us with something in the new year. Heck...the Stones should come back and reopen the club...it's new owner can afford it and I'm sure the thought has crossed his mind. Unlike 40 years ago....this time I'm going down there early...just in case...lol

El Mocambo

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 21:46

Doesn't Mick understand after all these years that their fans love the warts!!

Make these releases and understand the market is hard core fans (which there are PLENTY of) and we will pay.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 28, 2016 23:38

palerider22
The perfect 'From The Vault' release for next summer...The setlists are awesome...It's now or never! Both shows! All of it! ...including the 'lost' video... ;-)

March 04
Route 66
Honky Tonk Women
Hand of Fate
Fool to Cry
Crazy Mama
Crackin' Up
Around and Around
Melody
Star Star
Worried About You
Little Red Rooster
Luxury
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

March 05
Honky Tonk Women
All Down the Line
Hand of Fate
Route 66
Fool to Cry
Crazy Mama
Mannish Boy
Crackin' Up
Dance Little Sister
Around and Around
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Hot Stuff
Worried About You
Worried Life Blues
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Rip This Joint
Little Red Rooster
Luxury
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Put both nights out PLEASE!!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 29, 2016 00:18

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: December 29, 2016 01:03

retired_dog
frankotero
Don't see why they couldn't put together an audio package of El Mocambo. It's anyone's guess why they haven't done it.

Not a guess, but a true answer from the Stones camp when I asked specifically for El Mocambo was: "It's certainly good material, but not flawless and therefore can't be released without a considerable amount of production work."

Whatever was meant by "not flawless" - the recording itself in technical terms or the performances of individual band members or even both - keep in mind that the Love You Live Mocambo tracks were indeed partly overdubbed, and my guess is that the band is simply not willing to spend time and effort to do further work on 1977 live tapes, holy grail or not.

They should give CaptainAcid a call.

He did a noble job with the resources he had.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 29, 2016 11:53

frankotero

I really don't see the point of these overdubs or whatever you call them. It's just silly to pretend that it's 1972 and try making a song sound like it was done back then. Release the original take without messing too much with it and then do a completely new take.

I always thought that these overdubs don't add that much to the songs and take away their authenticity.

Do they really think that fans would complain about a few bad notes in a song if El Mocambo was released?

I don't know why the Stones can't take it easy and roll out stuff like Dylan or The Who does...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home