Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith's black telecaster custom 1972 .
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 7, 2017 19:32

There's a (supposedly) '73/74 on sale for 2.500 € at the moment.
has some issues with the caps but that's no biggie I guess.
[www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de]

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: June 7, 2017 20:09

I havent been following the prices lately but it's rather cheap for a Fender CS Tele, isn't it? Maybe there is a reason?

Ask for as many photos as you can. Also ask for the serial and ask Fender for the specifications of this specific guitar to ensure it matches.

Anything fishy or unclear, just let it go.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: June 8, 2017 02:19

Keith's black 72 Telly is my all-time favorite. I am actually considering one as well, even if it is a Mexican re-issue.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2017 13:06

rollmops
Still looking for that Tele, yesterday I found one on Ebay. It's a re-issue from 2012 fender customm shop. A good price on it :$1250 free shipping. The person is the second owner and in the description it says that the bridge was replaced with a "more-vintage" one. The original bridge comes with the guitar. Anything I should worried or anything questions I should asked the owner? He has an excellent Ebey rating.
Thank you,
Rockandroll,
Mops
My concern is the price #1 as in it's kind of on the low side because Fender Custom shop instruments do not drop that drastically #2 what is the deal with the bridge being replaced to more -vintage accurate bridge ? photos will be very revealing but that would be a red flag for me right off the bat .Mops if you could post some photos HERE for us to look at that would be helpful because I am concerned that this could have been a hack job to replace the bridge like that ,which could explain the price drop .Which if this instrument speaks to you and there is a 24 -48 hour window to return said instrument to the seller than all is good but verify first .I do not put any faith or stock in that he has a excellent EBAY rating .Verify please .

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2017 14:14

That's the link on Ebay.

[www.ebay.com]

That is the conversation we have had up to yesterday;
My question:

Hi,
If I understand well you are the second owner of that guitar. Beside the bridge, anything else has been replaced ? The price is very fair/low. Any reason for it. I have been looking for an tele american custom and yours seems a very good buy. Anything else I should know about it?
Thank you,
Thierry

His answer:

Hi,

The guitar is in good used condition but has a few dings, it looks like it was potentially gigged with before. I did refresh the wiring and replace an aftermarket bridge pickup with the original pickup (the previous owner had switched this and their wiring was shoddy). No longer have the aftermarket pickup, though.

Nothing else I can think of!

That deal smells fishy to me, due to the replacement and re-wiring of an original and fairly new guitar: doesn't make sense to me.
Thank you for your help IORRians!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 8, 2017 14:43

Hi

it's not a Custom Shop guitar (and it's not stated by the seller on ebay that it is)

[www.guitardaterproject.org] can not determine the guitar. It should be a guitar from the Corona plant, a U.S. Vintage Series (as stated by the seller, made in 2012).

The bridge on the guitar is a vintage spec three-barrel bridge, while the bridge on the last picture is a more modern 6-barrel job.

To me the guitar looks good, but, of course, I can't judge it from my computer here in Switzerland.

Rock on

resotele

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2017 14:55

Thank you Resotele; my bad for the custom shop. I thought that the re-issue of 2000's were from custom shop.
The problem I see here it's that the guitar has been"altered" by the changes and I am not educate enough to evaluate the impacts of the modifications.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 8, 2017 15:29

as far as I can see on the pictures both bridges are original Fender. So replacing one with the other should be no problem and requiers zero woodworking.

I don't think that altering this four years old US-series Telecaster should devalue the guitar. It is a player's guitar, not a collection piece.

resotele

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2017 17:06

The guitar is a regular production USA model and the photos look okay to me .As far as the bridge issue goes the extra bridge probably came with the guitar , so it's probably regular Fender 3 saddle bridge , as far as the pickup goes for the bridge the previous owner probably wanted to swap it out because he wanted a hotter pickup with more bite would be my guess and as long as there are no issues with the volume control and the tone control (no snap crackle and pop or any kind of hiss )ditto for the pickup selector switch , it should be all good .Probably for a brand new USA made Fender anywhere between $1600-$2200 ,so the price seems reasonable to me , but see if there is a return policy if you are not happy with it for any reason and usually on EBAY and a lot of other places they usually give you a 24-48 hour window to return if for any reason you are not happy .Because this is EBAY try to find out if you can use PAYPAL . Best Wishes

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 8, 2017 17:22

rollmops
That's the link on Ebay.

[www.ebay.com]

That is the conversation we have had up to yesterday;
My question:

Hi,
If I understand well you are the second owner of that guitar. Beside the bridge, anything else has been replaced ? The price is very fair/low. Any reason for it. I have been looking for an tele american custom and yours seems a very good buy. Anything else I should know about it?
Thank you,
Thierry

His answer:

Hi,

The guitar is in good used condition but has a few dings, it looks like it was potentially gigged with before. I did refresh the wiring and replace an aftermarket bridge pickup with the original pickup (the previous owner had switched this and their wiring was shoddy). No longer have the aftermarket pickup, though.

Nothing else I can think of!

That deal smells fishy to me, due to the replacement and re-wiring of an original and fairly new guitar: doesn't make sense to me.
Thank you for your help IORRians!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

It's not a custom shop, it's an American Vintage. Pricing is really decent, and changes like this are standard.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-09 12:20 by Mathijs.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home