Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
RS.com Store - is it run/managed by clowns?
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: December 21, 2016 04:57

I'm sorry but I need to vent. In early November I pre-ordered the Deluxe Blue & Lonesome and was told it would ship "on or around December 2nd", the official release date. They took my cash with breathtaking efficiency shortly thereafter. How is it the that nearly 3 weeks after the supposed shipping day they're still waiting on stock. The level of ineptitude is staggering. Anyone else in the same boat or is it just me they like to &^%$ over?

Re: RS.com Store - is it run/managed by clowns?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 21, 2016 06:27

No, that happened to me with Grrr! Also. Only use Amazon

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 21, 2016 06:35

It happened to me on Amazon with my pre-order (Nov 2nd). Kept getting e-mails saying that they were still trying to get it. Now supposed to be arriving Dec 23rd. The demand was probably the cause; seems like the album is going to be a popular Christmas present!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-21 06:43 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 21, 2016 08:54

Paulhanrahan
I'm sorry but I need to vent. In early November I pre-ordered the Deluxe Blue & Lonesome and was told it would ship "on or around December 2nd", the official release date. They took my cash with breathtaking efficiency shortly thereafter. How is it the that nearly 3 weeks after the supposed shipping day they're still waiting on stock. The level of ineptitude is staggering. Anyone else in the same boat or is it just me they like to &^%$ over?

I found myself in pretty much the same position - greatly aggravated by the offer elsewhere a few days later for 3 for the price of 1.

But, when I looked at the Order Confirmation this morning thinking I'd see if anything had happened, it says clearly..."Expected Delivery December 22nd"

It arrived about an hour ago (it's late afternoon Dec 21st here), so to be fair I got the advised and advertised service.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-21 08:55 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: December 21, 2016 09:08

in short; yes.

it's common policy for RS.com to put stuff on their site that isn't even in stock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-21 09:09 by Rik.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: December 21, 2016 09:48

I got my LP 10 or 11 days after issiue the 2the of dec.
And on my lp sleeve: there are 2 cracks on it.
What to do? Send it back? No, I do not this effort.
In the future: I'll buy it back in a shop, so that I can see what I buy like I did before.
Greets,

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: December 21, 2016 10:07

Don't order to RS.com Store. It seems to be managed by beginners. Their websites are ridiculous compare to others websites' bands. Some sites are really fantastic but the Stones one is "minable". My grand-mother could be better.
They have only one target, selling all they can do, billions on different t-shirt, lithographies, mugs, etc but nothing serious about music.
They can't be able to sell their own new records at the right time when people ordered. Open the vaults again, it' the only interesting thing to do!

Date: December 21, 2016 10:13

Clowns are funny, these guys are not...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2016 11:12

KingmanBarstow
It happened to me on Amazon with my pre-order (Nov 2nd). Kept getting e-mails saying that they were still trying to get it. Now supposed to be arriving Dec 23rd. The demand was probably the cause; seems like the album is going to be a popular Christmas present!

Maybe so...the fact that many retail outlets have very evidently also been caught short of stock would back this up.

You can citicise Amazon for all kinds of things ...but they generally get stuff out on time and they don't take your money until its on its way.

My B&L vinyl arrived on the Sunday following the Friday release with standard delivery.

Can't knock that.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 21, 2016 11:28

Presumably the Rolling Stones Store makes the Rolling Stones quite a bit of money or they would be asking questions. I don't doubt they could make quite a bit more money if this store was managed properly since there must be quite a few people like me who have a policy of not buying anything from this store having been shafted in the past.

They send you the wrong item and make the refund / exchange procedure so complicated that you give up. They are a disgrace.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 21, 2016 13:21

Indeed the store is managed by clowns.
Ordered a T-Shirt end of November which release date was 12. Dezember.
Nothing happend and a week later they just set the release date to 13. January.
Actually I ordered it for a christmas present. confused smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 21, 2016 14:37

Apparently it is

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2016 14:39

Brilliant >grinning smiley<

Date: December 21, 2016 14:45

Hahaha >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 21, 2016 15:12

People should not complain they can't expect Mick,Keith,Ronnie and Charlie to spend all day licking stamps and posting parcels they have other things to do you need to be patient.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 21, 2016 15:18

Is the red smiley censored? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 21, 2016 15:23

>grinning smiley<

Yes...........eye rolling smiley

Is most everthing in the entire world run/managed by clowns?
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 21, 2016 15:32

Yes

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 21, 2016 16:32

I've had a few poor transactions too. These days I try to find the stuff somewhere else. Sad to say.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: December 21, 2016 16:43

DandelionPowderman
Clowns are funny, these guys are not...

smileys with beer Indeed, AND very funny I might add.....I stopped ordering from their store years ago.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 21, 2016 17:09

They sell lies and despair coupled with deceit and delay...plus the shirts are the shittiest quality you can buy. Expensive tissue paper shirts. Maybe they're simply not meant to be worn?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 21, 2016 17:13

Wonder if fullfilment of orders is done in different countries depending on where it's shipping to and what it is..

I'm in the Northwest- US- and I have never had even one issue. I have ordered dozens of times, from the artwork to cd's to... and not a single glitch.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 21, 2016 17:14

I've only ever bought more esoteric stuff that you can't find on amazon there...it appears I'm lucky I haven't had any problems so far.

Amazon though is peerless...even when there's a problem ie with shipping they are always good for it. Best retail company on the planet.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 21, 2016 18:03

BestBuy.com (is where you should shop for media )

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 21, 2016 18:14

MisterDDDD
Wonder if fullfilment of orders is done in different countries depending on where it's shipping to and what it is..

I'm in the Northwest- US- and I have never had even one issue. I have ordered dozens of times, from the artwork to cd's to... and not a single glitch.

True. The US store works well. The European one, (UK based), is abysmal. I'm sure all the moans, (including mine), come from that side of the pond.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: December 21, 2016 19:53

Let's hope this topic doesn't get moved to the Complaints thread. It seems you can say anything within reason here but if it happens to be negative, it has to be tucked away.
I remember reading an article years ago concerning goods ordered from official music industry websites and the Stones' site was noted for its shabby performance.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 21, 2016 20:18

I "unplaced" my order one week / 3 labor days after the released date and bought the vinyl in my record store. They have refunded me after one more soliciting mail

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 21, 2016 23:25

Who runs the website? Who pays them?
Surely the Stones corporation are ultimately responsible?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 21, 2016 23:33

TheGreek
BestBuy.com (is where you should shop for media )

...because you have shares?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2016 23:33

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home