Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please read my post.
Posted by: streamer ()
Date: September 3, 2005 03:30

Listen.
There seems to be alot of boohooing about set lists.
Any concert I have been to I basically expect some sort of a greatest hits show.Whether It was Aerosmith,Bowie or Willie Nelson,among others.
All I know is that tomorrow is my first stones show(after listening to them for 25+ years),and no matter what they play I know I wont be dissapointed.
Yes it would be great for me to pick my 21 favorite Stones tunes,and have them played,but you know what,it doesn't matter.
Tomorrow myself and 80000+ other people will wake up knowing that "we are going to see Keith tonight"
And that makes it feel like christmas eve!!
I havnt slept all week,
I talk a hundred miles an hour about it,
and sometimes I can hardly contain myself.
This little city is hopping with excitement,like it has never experienced it before.
I am up
I am phsyched.
and I have been ready since before I bought the tickets.
So no matter what they play,I am going to have a time of my life.
See you there.
h

Doin' heroin with the president

Re: Please read my post.
Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: September 3, 2005 03:39

I READ YOUR POST!! YOU WILL LOVE THE SHOW!!! The sentiments you expressed are so genuine! YOU WILL LOVE IT I PROMISE YOU! I went to 40 Licks after being a fan for 40 years...I felt a lot like you....HAVE A GREAT TIME...IT IS AS GREAT AS CHRITMAS WHEN YOU WERE A KID!!
ROCK ON!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 3, 2005 03:40

have a great show....it'll be a special occasion you'll never forget

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: September 3, 2005 03:42

First Stones concert? Then you'll be having the time of your life, for sure!

And don't forget to think about this law of nature:

You can devide people in two species: the ones that have never seen the Stones, and the ones that have.

Welcome to the sophisticated part....

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 3, 2005 03:48

Streamer,,,,,U have never Heard the Stones until U have Seen the Stones,,,,,hav a good 1

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 3, 2005 03:55

Enjoy the experience. Get out and get yourself Rolling Stoned! Have fun!!smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 3, 2005 05:06

Streamer,

You rock!
It is people like you that keep me coming to this website.
Well done, well done.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 3, 2005 06:28

Yeah, you're going to be amazed, so proud to be a Stones fan. Bonus - They are playing better than ever! Have a great time.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 3, 2005 08:22

Go get'em tiger!

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: September 3, 2005 08:55

This will be a night to remember - enjoy.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 3, 2005 11:09

Great post!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 3, 2005 12:16

There's 4 of us jumping on a plane a week tomorrow and coming over to NYC to see three shows, MSG, Giants and Albany. We went to the IMAX cinema here in London yesterday to see the movie "Stones at the Max", all for the purpose of getting in the mood. Or perhaps I should say ....... even MORE in the mood !!

Talk about being psyched. That's a bit of an understatement. We're SO excited that I'm beginning to wonder whether we'll still have all our faculties intact by the time we get there. Also, all praise for the nice guy in NJ from whom that we bought our tickets for Giants. It was a pleasure dealing with him, tickets are great, and he sold them for face. We're ready, we're psyched, and we're in for a week of pure bliss. Can't WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 3, 2005 14:29

A Stones concert virgin, haven't met one of them for a long while. Good luck loosing your cherry.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 4, 2005 02:40

have a great show!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 4, 2005 03:14

Hey, don't listen to us die-hard jaded bunch of chronic complainers! Just joking! ( But we CAN be JADED at times!) Have the time of your life, sing, dance and feel 18 again, that's how I feel at EVERY STONES CONCERT, that's why I keep going! They're my drug of choice and even after seeing them 30 times since 1972 I still can't sleep before a show, or eat and I babble for days after a show! The Stones are the ONLY thing I get really excited about! Sad but true! Oh, I suppose if I won the lottery I'd get pretty jazzed but that hasn't happened yet and the Stones are happening now so go for it! WARNING! After one show, not only will you never be the same again so prepare your family and friends, but you will want to keep gong to shows!

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: September 4, 2005 16:41

HEY STREAMER!
HOW WAS THE SHOW??
GREAT NO MATTER WHAT THE SET LIST....RIGHT??
I hope you had a terrific time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-04 16:46 by Marcia.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home