Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: OT: new deep purple single
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 13, 2017 23:58

A rightous jugdement:

[www.h-a.no]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 14, 2017 00:55

Never knew much about DP. Smoke On the Water is certainly a classic and local bands always played it back in the day.

But the one song even better, that I always loved, was Woman from Tokyo, which for some reason I could never find on their greatest hits packages.

Luckily in the internet age, songs are now much easier to find:

Woman from Tokyo

Dated I supposed, but still a great tune!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 14, 2017 03:24

Woman from Tokyo is a great song, it was released as a single, and is on nearly every greatest hits release from Deep Purple.

One of my personal all time favorites is the instrumental Wring That Neck from 1968.

Wring That Neck

There's some great live versions to be found on youtube, some which exceed 10 minutes, as it was the showcase for many of their live shows during that period.
Maybe a bit meandering and self-indulgent at times, but Jon Lord and Ritchie Blackmore virtuosity on full display and at their best imo.

Date: January 14, 2017 05:52

Hairball
Woman from Tokyo is a great song, it was released as a single, and is on nearly every greatest hits release from Deep Purple.

well that's the problem, why not on 'every'? ... i recall looking to buy a DP greatest hits album many years ago and passed because it wasn't included, not sure which one (or which ones).

Date: January 14, 2017 06:42

LeonidP
Hairball

well that's the problem, why not on 'every'? ... i recall looking to buy a DP greatest hits album many years ago and passed because it wasn't included, not sure which one (or which ones).

the most popular and easily found compilations by deep purple all have the song on it.

deepest purple
24k purple
30 years the best of deep purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

not sure what you saw that didn't have it

Date: January 14, 2017 07:00

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

the most popular and easily found compilations by deep purple all have the song on it.

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

yeah well i thought it was obvious i was talking about long ago, as I stated, it's easily available, on torrents, youtube, etc. so I don't really need a list, but thanks anyway

Date: January 14, 2017 07:05

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

yeah well i thought it was obvious i was talking about long ago, as I stated, it's easily available, on torrents, youtube, etc. so I don't really need a list, but thanks anyway

it wasn't obvious because there is only 1 pre 2005 hits release I can find missing the song you named not counting any of them released before 1973 and I see 13 hits compilations and a boxset that have the song on it

Date: January 14, 2017 07:10

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

it wasn't obvious because there is only 1 pre 2005 hits release I can find missing the song you named not counting any of them released before 1973 and I see 13 hits compilations and a boxset that have the song on it

The obvious part should which might have clued some in on was the reference i made to "back in the day" and then the fact that i said these days its easy to find ... seems like it was obvious to me anyway but perhaps not...

Date: January 14, 2017 07:13

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

The obvious part should which might have clued some in on was the reference i made to "back in the day" and then the fact that i said these days its easy to find ... seems like it was obvious to me anyway but perhaps not...

you still haven't stated how you managed to go decades, pre internet, without finding it on a compilation when its easily found on about 15 compilations

Date: January 14, 2017 07:17

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

you still haven't stated how you managed to go decades, pre internet, without finding it on a compilation when its easily found on about 15 compilations

so you took what i wrote to mean i've been searching for it continuously for decades? Okay, next time I'll give a blow by blow for the mental midgets so you know every move i made.

As for how i didn't find it, use your imagination if you can. Is it possible that where I looked didn't have it? Oh wait, they must have had it and I just couldn't read, i guess....

Date: January 14, 2017 07:22

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

so you took what i wrote to mean i've been searching for it continuously for decades? Okay, next time I'll give a blow by blow for the mental midgets so you know every move i made.

As for how i didn't find it, use your imagination if you can. Is it possible that where I looked didn't have it? Oh wait, they must have had it and I just couldn't read, i guess....

only 3 deep purple compilations are missing that tune. 2 of them were released before 1973, the year "woman from tokyo" was released and another is a grey market Europe release. whats funny is you call me a mental midget, imply you can read and more than likely picked up a compilation that was released prior to the song ever being recorded. lmfao

Date: January 14, 2017 07:27

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

only 3 deep purple compilations are missing that tune. 2 of them were released before 1973, the year "woman from tokyo" was released and another is a grey market Europe release. whats funny is you call me a mental midget, imply you can read and more than likely picked up a compilation that was released prior to the song ever being recorded. lmfao

Oh, so compilations released before a song would all of a sudden be removed from the inventory? Ha, okay well someone is sure a mental midget

Date: January 14, 2017 07:29

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

Oh, so compilations released before a song would all of a sudden be removed from the inventory? Ha, okay well someone is sure a mental midget

no they won't be removed. I expect if you can read then you can see copyright dates and know when things were recorded. if that's the case you shouldn't call people names as that was your fault for not reading or knowing dates. were these cd's you were looking at because one of the ones I mentioned was never pressed on cd?

Date: January 14, 2017 07:32

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

no they won't be removed. I expect if you can read then you can see copyright dates and know when things were recorded. if that's the case you shouldn't call people names as that was your fault for not reading or knowing dates. were these cd's you were looking at because one of the ones I mentioned was never pressed on cd?

BACK IN THE DAY ... get it? There wasn't really internet to check dates now was there? So I stand by the name calling ...

Date: January 14, 2017 07:39

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

BACK IN THE DAY ... get it? There wasn't really internet to check dates now was there? So I stand by the name calling ...

you need the internet to find the release date of a song and see it was released after the copyright date of a compilation? simply ridiculous to call me names for your mistake and lack of knowledge. I bought tons of stuff before most people had the internet and I still don't have a phone that you can connect to the internet and I don't make those mistakes and certainly wouldn't call someone else names because I didn't know something.

Date: January 14, 2017 14:40

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
Hairball

deepest purple
24k purple
platinum collection
very best of deep purple

you need the internet to find the release date of a song and see it was released after the copyright date of a compilation? simply ridiculous to call me names for your mistake and lack of knowledge. I bought tons of stuff before most people had the internet and I still don't have a phone that you can connect to the internet and I don't make those mistakes and certainly wouldn't call someone else names because I didn't know something.

So every song you bought 'back in the day', you went to the library, or bought books about to research? ... yeah, again, the names called certainly apply.

Date: January 14, 2017 14:53

You made a mistake or didn't have the facts and then call me names. Get over yourself.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 14, 2017 15:05

Come on guys, get over it, it's the freakin weekend.

(although your conversation certainly got me chuckling here).

The guy mentioned he couldn't find it on a compilation many years ago, and now he's pleased that he did.

Why don't you both crank some Speed King and forget about it

Date: January 14, 2017 15:10

keefriffhard4life
You made a mistake or didn't have the facts and then call me names. Get over yourself.

You seem offended by the name? Considering your responses, I think you should be glad ... mental midget is being extremely kind.

Date: January 14, 2017 15:13

peoplewitheyes
The guy mentioned he couldn't find it on a compilation many years ago, and now he's pleased that he did.

You are right, of course. Don't know why I'm bothering, not sure what he wants from me, I guess to say I'm wrong or something, it's hard to figure out when the responses are just ridiculous ...

Date: January 14, 2017 15:33

LeonidP
peoplewitheyes

You are right, of course. Don't know why I'm bothering, not sure what he wants from me, I guess to say I'm wrong or something, it's hard to figure out when the responses are just ridiculous ...

you don't know me or know what I do for a living. You had several pre Internet options and chose not to use them. You were provided with helpful information and made the decision to call someone names. Here were your choices "back in the day"
1 ask someone working at the record store and see if they could help
2 ask a big deep purple fan
3 find the album the song you liked was on. Look at the copyright date and see if that was after the copyright date of the compilation you kept seeing
4 since you clearly heard the song on the radio call the radio station and get help
5 do nothing and decades later call someone who gave you the information you needed names.

Date: January 14, 2017 15:54

keefriffhard4life
... do nothing and decades later call someone who gave you the information you needed names.

I repeat, I was being extremely kind, as you've proven over & over....

Date: January 14, 2017 19:40

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
... do nothing and decades later call someone who gave you the information you needed names.

you aren't. its not worth my time. you've shown your colors and everyone who reads this thread can see what you are all about

Date: January 14, 2017 20:58

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life

you aren't. its not worth my time. you've shown your colors and everyone who reads this thread can see what you are all about

LOL, "ask a big deep purple fan"? really? How many of those would just happen to be walking around in the mall? ... Won't call you a name again but I guess i could point out that even mental midgets would even laugh at your (lack of) intelligence.

Date: January 14, 2017 21:04

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life

LOL, "ask a big deep purple fan"? really? How many of those would just happen to be walking around in the mall? ... Won't call you a name again but I guess i could point out that even mental midgets would even laugh at your (lack of) intelligence.

i didn't mean that exact second you were looking at the hits album. i meant find a friend who is a big fan and get the info you need. there was plenty of ways to obtain information long before the internet existed. the entire world wasn't walking around oblivious to everything as you seem to be trying to convince everyone. just because you were ignorant to information don't try and bring everyone else down to your level

Date: January 14, 2017 21:41

keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life

i didn't mean that exact second you were looking at the hits album. i meant find a friend who is a big fan and get the info you need...

I realized what you meant. I was 'tying' to point out your incredible lack of understanding and/or inability to comprehend the absurdity of what you think a 14 year old is capable of, at a time when there wasn't information readily at one's fingertips. I heard of 2 DP songs in my life at that time, so yeah, somehow you assume there is going to be a lineup of friends that are going to know everything about them.

How was that short-bus ride to school for you?

Date: January 14, 2017 22:53

LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
keefriffhard4life

i didn't mean that exact second you were looking at the hits album. i meant find a friend who is a big fan and get the info you need...

I realized what you meant. I was 'tying' to point out your incredible lack of understanding and/or inability to comprehend the absurdity of what you think a 14 year old is capable of, at a time when there wasn't information readily at one's fingertips. I heard of 2 DP songs in my life at that time, so yeah, somehow you assume there is going to be a lineup of friends that are going to know everything about them.

how old do you think I am? I'm 35 and have been purchasing music for over 20 years and was always able to gather all of the info I needed long before people had the internet and their house. I guess I just had a more knowledgeable class of family and friends and was more assertive if I was trying to get answers.

Date: January 15, 2017 06:20

Mental-Midget, i.e. keefriffhard4life
LeonidP
LeonidP
LeonidP

how old do you think I am? I'm 35 and have been purchasing music for over 20 years and was always able to gather all of the info I needed long before people had the internet and their house. I guess I just had a more knowledgeable class of family and friends and was more assertive if I was trying to get answers.

Okay, I wasn't 'assertive'. Is that the point you've been trying to make this entire time? ... And what difference does it matter what age you are and how long you've been purchasing music? ... wasn't i giving a story about myself?

Pretty funny how you claim to be 'knowledgeable' yet seem totally incapable of inferring the most basics of a simple story. Some might call that being a mental midget (not me, i am too polite).

Date: January 15, 2017 06:27

I told my age and how long I've been buying music because you seem to think there was no way for a teenager to get information they needed pre internet.i just showed I was buying music as a teen before the internet was common place and if I messed up and didn't buy the correct thing or couldn't find what I needed that's my fault and only my fault. I am not going to blame others and sit behind a keyboard calling people names due to my screw up. I am a man. I admit when I messed up and welcome and correct information that a music fan can offer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 15, 2017 07:04

Nice compilation. thumbs up

The Very Best of Deep Purple (Full Album)

1. "Hush"
2. "Kentucky Woman"
3. "Black Night"
4. "Speed King"
5. "Child in Time"
6. "Strange Kind of Woman"
7. "Fireball"
8. "Demon's Eye"
9. "Highway Star"
10. "Smoke on the Water"
11. "Space Truckin'"
12. "Woman from Tokyo"
14. "Stormbringer"
15. "Knocking at Your Back Door"

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home