Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: OT: new deep purple single
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 15, 2017 08:37

Mental-Midget, i.e. keefriffhard4life
I told my age and how long I've been buying music because you seem to think there was no way for a teenager to get information they needed pre internet.i just showed I was buying music as a teen before the internet was common place and if I messed up and didn't buy the correct thing or couldn't find what I needed that's my fault and only my fault. I am not going to blame others and sit behind a keyboard calling people names due to my screw up. I am a man. I admit when I messed up and welcome and correct information that a music fan can offer

Wow, not sure what you're reading into any of this. Where was I putting blame on anyone and where did I say that there was a screw up? And I still don't see what it has to do w/ how long YOU've been buying music, it was my story, not yours. Say 'hi' to your psychiatrist next visit, which is hopefully soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-15 08:38 by LeonidP.

Date: January 15, 2017 09:04

LeonidP
I told my age and how long I've been buying music because you seem to think there was no way for a teenager to get information they needed pre internet.i just showed I was buying music as a teen before the internet was common place and if I messed up and didn't buy the correct thing or couldn't find what I needed that's my fault and only my fault. I am not going to blame others and sit behind a keyboard calling people names due to my screw up. I am a man. I admit when I messed up and welcome and correct information that a music fan can offer

Wow, not sure what you're reading into any of this. Where was I putting blame on anyone and where did I say that there was a screw up? And I still don't see what it has to do w/ how long YOU've been buying music, it was my story, not yours. Say 'hi' to your psychiatrist next visit, which is hopefully soon.

your insults don't really bother me at all. shows your character. everyone on this forum can see it. you blamed the lack of internet, your age at the time, etc on why you couldn't find a compilation with a song on it you wanted. then when I pointed out its on almost every compilation ever released by the band you called me names but never stated what compilation it was that was lacking the song. when I showed my age and said I've never had anything happen to me due to not having the internet you keep saying it was "your story". well "your story" seems to be you made a broad incorrect statement about deep purple compilations because you were unable to obtain the information you needed to make a purchase of a song you wanted. seems you made no effort to try and resolve the situation "back in the day" as you called it and now just hide behind a keyboard for unknown reasons attacking others. those are the facts as presented here by you.

Date: January 15, 2017 09:12

Mental Midget, i.e. keefriffhard4life
LeonidP

your insults don't really bother me at all. shows your character. everyone on this forum can see it. you blamed the lack of internet, your age at the time, etc on why you couldn't find a compilation with a song on it you wanted. then when I pointed out its on almost every compilation ever released by the band you called me names but never stated what compilation it was that was lacking the song. when I showed my age and said I've never had anything happen to me due to not having the internet you keep saying it was "your story". well "your story" seems to be you made a broad incorrect statement about deep purple compilations because you were unable to obtain the information you needed to make a purchase of a song you wanted. seems you made no effort to try and resolve the situation "back in the day" as you called it and now just hide behind a keyboard for unknown reasons attacking others. those are the facts as presented here by you.

I'm hiding behind a keyboard? ... where are you typing from, the middle of the street? (actually I wouldn't doubt that)

Date: January 15, 2017 09:27

LeonidP
LeonidP

I'm hiding behind a keyboard? ... where are you typing from, the middle of the street? (actually I wouldn't doubt that)

see "hiding behind a keyboard" is a phrase young people use meaning you wouldn't say that to someones face because you are just an internet tough guy. you could have googled that phrase though since we are on the internet. a know "back in the day" you didn't know any slang or phrases since you didn't have the internet but clearly know you. you seem to enjoy admitting to going through life ignorant and enjoy flaunting it for some reason. I feel sorry for you and hope life treats you better one day

Date: January 15, 2017 09:39

LeonidP
LeonidP

see "hiding behind a keyboard" is a phrase young people use meaning you wouldn't say that to someones face because you are just an internet tough guy. you could have googled that phrase though since we are on the internet. a know "back in the day" you didn't know any slang or phrases since you didn't have the internet but clearly know you. you seem to enjoy admitting to going through life ignorant and enjoy flaunting it for some reason. I feel sorry for you and hope life treats you better one day

LOL, I didn't question what "hiding behind the keyboard" meant. We're typing back & forth, both of us. So for me it's hiding behind a keyboard, I was asking what it is on your end. You are in the middle of the street, aren't you? ... Explains a lot!

Date: January 15, 2017 10:05

LeonidP
LeonidP
LeonidP

LOL, I didn't question what "hiding behind the keyboard" meant. We're typing back & forth, both of us. So for me it's hiding behind a keyboard, I was asking what it is on your end. You are in the middle of the street, aren't you? ... Explains a lot!

no I'd tell you straight to your face to get a life and don't make broad statements about a band discography just because you chose to remain ignorant. not sure what you would do but you seem like someone in real life who doesn't make the same comments you do online or you would make the comment and then when you got punched in the face you would go around yelling that you would sue someone for hitting you

Date: January 15, 2017 10:46

LeonidP
LeonidP
LeonidP

no I'd tell you straight to your face to get a life ...

Yet there you are, doing it whilst hiding behind a keyboard...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 15, 2017 13:40

Can you guys stop quoting the ENTIRE message above yours, it's really hard on the eyes, just type your reply in the box below!

As for DP, can't wait to get my boxset in April even if I'm not a big fan of that first tune. I listened to Purpendicular again the other day and what a great album. Totally unexpected after the bloated and unmemorable TBRO. The followup "Abandon" was a disappointment though...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 15, 2017 16:15

gotdablouse
Can you guys stop quoting the ENTIRE message above yours, it's really hard on the eyes, just type your reply in the box below!

As for DP, can't wait to get my boxset in April even if I'm not a big fan of that first tune. I listened to Purpendicular again the other day and what a great album. Totally unexpected after the bloated and unmemorable TBRO. The followup "Abandon" was a disappointment though...

So you're a DP fan? Cool, I've been insulted for not running around the mall trying to find one. Will Woman From Tokyo be on the new box set?

(I assume his attack on my is about this, and I am hoping this query makes me more of a man ... I am being assertive and seeking out DP fans that might know the answer)

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 1, 2017 01:33

Ian Gillan sheds more light on the forthcoming album. Snippet heard is not on the album, but on the single, though:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 6, 2017 14:17

Deep Purple seems to be a fave among eastern European countries: (search result from google)

[www.google.no]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 6, 2017 15:04

Love the 2 new songs, but the instrumental of a song from the previous album is filler. The 4the song is a studio jam of a song from the forthcoming album. It's pretty good. That's my review of the EP. Can't wait for the full album.

Date: February 7, 2017 12:43

This single ain`t front page news. I haven`t seen it in the charts. What`s happening to the world?

Date: February 7, 2017 18:43

If I'm not mistaken the world went to hell in a handbasket on 20 January.winking smiley

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 8, 2017 23:54

always have loved deep purple,my first foray into hard rock,the current band is not theirbest of course buy damn good, people talk abt gillans vocals of course theyre not what they were in '72 cant be, but put on made in japan child in time crank that sob to 12 and marvel at what he had,purple, Sabbath, zep seems like yesterday I heard all of them for the 1st time. where has the time gone and maybe besides rival sons{great band}theres none in the pipeline

Date: February 18, 2017 16:17

Another single from the album set for release:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: February 18, 2017 21:40

Cool, good news. Thank you!

Date: February 24, 2017 01:26

“All I Got Is You” captures the purest Purple classic sound while staying well away from the temptation to be nostalgic or to “play themselves”. In 4 ½ minutes, the catchy tune is reminiscent of 70's Deep Purple and sounds both heavy and delicate thanks to the roaring guitar Steve Morse plays like no other and the classic Hammond-organ-sound by virtuosic Don Airey. Ian Gillan's voice sounds free from any conventions, expectations and dictations as he delivers a versatile and exciting vocal performance.

Tracklisting revealed:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: February 24, 2017 05:31

Noughties, how do you know this information about the new song? Sounds very interesting. I pre-ordered it being a big DP fan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2017 06:03

"...staying well away from the temptation to be nostalgic ...the catchy tune is reminiscent of 70's Deep Purple"

Sounds like a contradiction...not being nostalgic, but reminiscent.

"roaring guitar...and the classic Hammond-organ-sound"

And how is that "staying well away"?
The key to their 70's sound was the signature roaring guitar and Hammond organ!

Will be interesting to hear - maybe better than the first single?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-24 06:04 by Hairball.

Date: February 24, 2017 13:56

frankotero
Noughties, how do you know this information about the new song? Sounds very interesting. I pre-ordered it being a big DP fan.

I should have put it in quotation marks. It`s from the same page as the track list. -Sounds promising to me.

Date: February 24, 2017 14:14

I'm fired up and hoping for an epic or close to it. Plus there's great news for Alice Cooper fans, Dennis Dunnaway confirmed the new album is coming along fine (with original band) and there will be reissues of early albums with concerts and outtakes. Very exciting news this year.

Date: February 25, 2017 00:32

It seems like LeonidP and Keefriffhard4life have left the building...

Date: March 7, 2017 22:52

It´s here, the new deep purple single:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-08 00:08 by noughties.

Date: March 8, 2017 00:10

I like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-08 00:16 by noughties.

Date: March 8, 2017 11:43

Marvelous video.

Date: March 8, 2017 11:56

Oh yes, I like that one. More and more I believe we're in for a great album!

Date: March 9, 2017 01:06

noughties
It´s here, the new deep purple single:

[www.youtube.com]

Really cool, thanks! I'll add it for sure to my Deep Purple playlist.

Date: April 7, 2017 16:12

After a few spins of Infinite (released today!), I'm impressed. This is a very good rock album.

Good writing, playing and production. Gillan is pretty good, too smiling smiley

I like this one better than their 80s albums thumbs up

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 7, 2017 16:45

DandelionPowderman
After a few spins of Infinite (released today!), I'm impressed. This is a very good rock album.

Good writing, playing and production. Gillan is pretty good, too smiling smiley

I like this one better than their 80s albums thumbs up

Thanks for the first "review". I'll have to buy it yet, but got myself tickets for the
show in Amsterdam this june. Mostly out of curiosity, but they're a bunch of nice guys
and good musians, so what can go wrong?

(Well not enough lady fans around, that can go wrong, I am afraid).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home