Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones first drummer
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:04

Paddy
I’m just rereading Keith’s book and it’s at the paragraph about this show! I then remembered seeing this thread....

Keith says Mick Avory.
I would defer to what Wyman says on the subject though....

Keith says Mick Avory but even Mick Avory says it wasn't him! But then Keith also said the first time he met Muddy Waters at Chess he was painting the walls.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 13:07

DGA35
Paddy
I’m just rereading Keith’s book and it’s at the paragraph about this show! I then remembered seeing this thread....

Keith says Mick Avory.

Keith says Mick Avory but even Mick Avory says it wasn't him! But then Keith also said the first time he met Muddy Waters at Chess he was painting the walls.

I remember several other Stones said that it wasn't Muddy. Maybe a look-alike? Don't worry, Keith is ... human. I've experienced myself that sometimes a very, very intense dream really can look like it truly happened. Even more so when it repeats itself ...
I wasn't there on July 12 1962, but I'd put all my money on Tony Chapman (I also had a personal talk with Mick Avory in Utrecht several decades ago)

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 16, 2022 13:23

georgie48
DGA35
Paddy

Keith says Mick Avory.

I remember several other Stones said that it wasn't Muddy.

smileys with beer

Wyman is adamant that the entire tale is fiction.

Muddy was a very smart dresser - think of the number of photos there are of him in a 3 piece suit. Think about the waistcoat. That's, I'm told, how he was all the time. It's inconceivable that he'd have been up a ladder, painting a ceiling in 1963, in his suit.

(I suspect it's fiction invented by ALO for publicity purposes.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 16, 2022 13:39

CaptainCorella
georgie48
DGA35
Paddy

Keith says Mick Avory.

I remember several other Stones said that it wasn't Muddy.

smileys with beer

Wyman is adamant that the entire tale is fiction.

Muddy was a very smart dresser - think of the number of photos there are of him in a 3 piece suit. Think about the waistcoat. That's, I'm told, how he was all the time. It's inconceivable that he'd have been up a ladder, painting a ceiling in 1963, in his suit.

(I suspect it's fiction invented by ALO for publicity purposes.)

You could be perfectly right. I remember my response on the stuff that Oldham wrote on the back of a couple of 60s albums. It was like "what is this crap? I bought the album(s) to be able to listen to some great music by the Rolling Stones. Not to kick a blind man's arse".

Chapman it is cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:03

Charlie was married in October of 1964 so it is erroneous to say that he missed a gig in March, 1964 for that reason.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2022 18:46

Spodlumt
Charlie was married in October of 1964 so it is erroneous to say that he missed a gig in March, 1964 for that reason.

Hey!

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 19, 2022 17:40

....Hey,Tony (Chapman) reply us..!!!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 20, 2022 12:38

[en.wikipedia.org]: The Wiki article says that Tony Chapman doubted that he was the drummer on July 12, 1962. But there were about 100 listeners present. There should be witnesses who know who was really sitting at the drums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 12:40 by RobertJohnson.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home