Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Top Petty to play Hyde Park in 2017
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: December 12, 2016 16:20

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have just announced their 40th Anniversary dates for the US (www.tompetty.com). In an interview with Rolling Stone mag to promote the tour Petty lets slip they will be playing Hyde Park next summer [www.rollingstone.com]

In the same interview Petty says the tour will feature the sort of deep cuts and cover versions the band has played at their Fillmore and Victoria Theatre residencies in recent years. These include Carol, Bye Bye Johnnie, Cry To Me, Down Home Girl, It's All Over Now, Not Fade AWay, You Can't Judge A Book, I'm Moving On - anyone would have thought they were Stones fans ! In the US Joe Walsh is supporting.

Usually the Highway Companions fan club pre-sale is the way to get good tickets so worth joining up now if you like the band, never less than fantastic live, although for big shows they have been playing safe with a Greatest Hits set for the last few years - sounds familiar?

Re: OT Top Petty to play Hyde Park in 2017
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 12, 2016 16:43

Top news.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 12, 2016 17:41

he is on tour in the u.s. from april 20th until july 27th.
maybe he will come to europe in august-september ....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:12

He does have two breaks in the schedule from June 17-29 and July 6-15. I am not sure how much stage gear he has, but I would think that he could play Hyde Park in either of those windows?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:25

According to the web site, west coast dates to be announced later on!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:34

See ya there Johnny.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:41

This is great news!

The BST Hyde Park series still has two acts to announce on the second weekend, which would be held on either the 7th, 8th or 9th July, so this could work out fine.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:49

Would love to see this also kings of Leon also at Hyde park next summer I will hold out until Stones dates before committing to any other shows for next summer

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:57

Radio 2 have a live gig in Hyde park usually the first weekend of September. I'm wondering if he is lined up for that. It is shown on Iplayer soon after. Rod Stewart did a great set for them two years ago, ELO and Elton John have also played the show in the last couple of years. Tom Petty fits the demographic of the previous audiences and it would be great publicity for him in the UK as he doesn't do a lot over here.

Date: December 13, 2016 10:35

Pre-sale starts @ 0900 this morning - only European date this year. stevie Nicks supports

Date: December 13, 2016 15:15

drbryant
He does have two breaks in the schedule from June 17-29 and July 6-15. I am not sure how much stage gear he has, but I would think that he could play Hyde Park in either of those windows?

See, I was right!

OT Tom Petty Hyde Park Pre Sale right now!
Date: December 13, 2016 11:08

[www.axs.com]

Fan Club code TPHB40

Ticketing an absolute dream - notification email sent to fan club members at 0800, tickets on sale 0900, 2 Gold Circle tickets by 0904

Only European date on the 40th Anniversary tour...

Re: OT Tom Petty Hyde Park Pre Sale right now!
Date: December 13, 2016 12:01

More haste, less speed...have just bought too many tickets!
So two Gold Circle tickets available at face value to any IORR'er that wants them!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 13, 2016 12:06

johnnythunders
More haste, less speed...have just bought too many tickets!
So two Gold Circle tickets available at face value to any IORR'er that wants them!

Change of plan, just noticed there's a 'diamond circle', so I'll pass on the offer of your two spares Simon, thanks. Bloody expensive mind you ... so I think I'll wait it out and see what's available from the scalpers 'on the day' ... £249 p/ticket for diamond circle. Er ... I don't think so !

The 'golden circle' are a bit more reasonably priced

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 12:46 by paulywaul.

Date: December 13, 2016 15:10

That would be so great to hear them do Stop Dragging My Heart Around. Unfortunately, I am scheduled to be in London on holiday the prior weekend. It looks like the choices are Phil Collins, Green Day or Justin Bieber . . . . .

Pick your poison?

I have bad luck with this BST-Hyde Park Series. The last time I had a Diamond Circle ticket to see the Who, but my family wanted me to join them to see the London Philharmonic play motion picture music at Royal Albert Hall. Reluctantly, I sold my ticket on Viagogo and went with my family. I had never been to Royal Albert Hall so that was cool. It was so comfortable during the show that I fell fast asleep. sigh . . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 15:13 by drbryant.

Date: December 13, 2016 15:15

drbryant
That would be so great to hear them do Stop Dragging My Heart Around. Unfortunately, I am scheduled to be in London on holiday the prior weekend. It looks like the choices are Phil Collins, Green Day or Justin Bieber . . . . .

Pick your poison?

Bieber ... if you're spotted there in attendance you'll never ever be able to show your face on IORR again. How's THAT for a poison chalice, dare you drink from it ??? The gauntlet has been thrown down ...... grinning smiley

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 13, 2016 16:55

paulywaul

Pick your poison?

Bieber ... if you're spotted there in attendance you'll never ever be able to show your face on IORR again. How's THAT for a poison chalice, dare you drink from it ??? The gauntlet has been thrown down ...... grinning smiley

Hahaha, good one Pauly!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: December 13, 2016 18:49

My tickets now sold

Date: December 13, 2016 19:00

johnnythunders
My tickets now sold

Well done you !!

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: December 14, 2016 10:56

Is there a big difference between Golden and Diamond circle??? Is the Diamond area big?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 11:05 by Mirko.

Date: December 14, 2016 11:12

Mirko
Is there a big difference between Golden and Diamond circle??? Is the Diamond area big?

Go on the AXS website and look at he layout. The diamond circle is much smaller than the golden circle and occupies the area right in front of the stage and across its entire front. Behind that is the golden circle area, which is proportionately much larger. You pays your money and you makes your choice ... if 'proximity to the artist' is your thing, then cough up £249 and get yourself into the diamond circle !

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: December 14, 2016 11:29

Thanks! I saw it on the website.But it`s a graphic... If the stage is very high so is the Golden Circle a good choice. 279 Pounds = 332 Euro is not so cheap.... to get a crooked neck :-)

Date: December 14, 2016 13:08

Been to these Hyde park concerts and either grab the Diamond circle or just go cheap and enjoy a relaxed day of music - you'll be watching the screens though. The other premium tickets in between don't have great views of the stage.

Date: December 14, 2016 14:25

drbryant
Been to these Hyde park concerts and either grab the Diamond circle or just go cheap and enjoy a relaxed day of music - you'll be watching the screens though. The other premium tickets in between don't have great views of the stage.

I completely agree, Hyde Park is an 'either/or' venue as far as I'm concerned. You either stump up the necessary £/$/€ and go for the diamond circle, or you go 'cheap as chips' and watch the show on the screens from a distance, well away from the crowds and the squeeze and all the s**t you generally get up front. The other 'premium priced' tickets kind of put you in 'no man land', you're in the middle of nowhere with no decent view of the stage, and yet you've paid a pretty penny. Not worth it. Either go expensive or go cheap, but forget about the middle .....

Date: December 14, 2016 18:27

anyone have the pass code for the Kansas City show?

Date: December 14, 2016 22:13

Send me an email and you can have my code - I will not be using it for the us shows

Date: December 15, 2016 00:26

johnnythunders
Send me an email and you can have my code - I will not be using it for the us shows

ok...whats your email

or tell me how to get you mine

Date: December 15, 2016 01:31

I have been trying to change my iorr profile to give you my current email without success. it is simon at organicandfairplus dot com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home