Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 9, 2023 22:28

Doxa, nothing good happened after El Mocambo, you should know that...winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 10, 2023 00:23

Doxa
24FPS
Keith used to be pretty good on bass fifty odd years ago, or so. He must have not kept up with it because he seems to have lost his touch.

Do those two photos tell that much? grinning smiley

- Doxa

No, but the bass parts he's done since the mid-80s tells that.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 10, 2023 01:12

24FPS
Doxa
24FPS
Keith used to be pretty good on bass fifty odd years ago, or so. He must have not kept up with it because he seems to have lost his touch.

- Doxa

I see and understand. But then again, if Keith has found a new inspiration, as he had been so overtly claimed playing bass a lot lately, unlike before just occasionally taken the duty, who knows what he might come up with.

In my long Stones journey, I have learned that never write Keith Richards off, no matter how hopeless he might occasionally look or sound like.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-10 01:14 by Doxa.

Date: March 10, 2023 01:28

24FPS
Doxa
24FPS

- Doxa

What's wrong with his playing on Love Overdue? Love his bass playing on that one.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 10, 2023 02:49

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Doxa
24FPS

- Doxa

What's wrong with his playing on Love Overdue? Love his bass playing on that one.

I barely listened to that album. The bass isn't bad. Better than Mick.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: March 10, 2023 02:51

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
Doxa
24FPS

- Doxa

I would have to ask the same about “Brand New Car”. Fantastic bass line in my opinion.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 10, 2023 15:09

Topi
And what instrument is Dua Lipa on?

If Mick's lurking around ya can't ever underestimate the power of the skin flute....

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 10, 2023 15:10

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Well, according to his own words, Keith played a lot of bass in one of those sessions. So it could be also a bassist-heavy-album as well...

- Doxa

In that 2nd photo there appears to be a purse on the amp - wonder who's that is!? Chanel's? Duo's?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2023 15:30

VoodooLounge13

In that 2nd photo there appears to be a purse on the amp - wonder who's that is!?

Since that 2nd photo is from June 2016 - [www.Facebook.com] - the purse above the amp could be rather from Patti, Theodora or Alexandra.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-10 15:45 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2023 17:01

In the 'dare to be different' category, I wonder what the reaction would be to a dedicated mono mix version of the new album?

Yeah it would cost more, but would it become this iconic thing, or just a fanciful and wasteful marketing ploy?

I know the original sixties material (most of it anyway through Beggar's) was recorded and mixed with the intention of being in mono. I just wonder what that might sound like today with a new album.

Date: March 10, 2023 17:05

treaclefingers

In the 'dare to be different' category, I wonder what the reaction would be to a dedicated mono mix version of the new album?

Could be interesting for those who listen to their music via just one Bluetooth speaker or just via the smartphone speaker .... winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2023 17:08

Irix
VoodooLounge13

In that 2nd photo there appears to be a purse on the amp - wonder who's that is!?

Since that 2nd photo is from June 2016 - [www.Facebook.com] - the purse above the amp could be rather from Patti, Theodora or Alexandra.

I hope it is Patti's, since Keith would have more to prove his old lady than to his daughters for whom posing is enough: "wow, daddy's playing funny-looking guitar that has so thick strings. And only four of them, one less than usually. So cool". Patti is a tough critic and knows better.

Just estimating the quality factor of the new material from the base of this hard evidence, of course...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-10 17:09 by Doxa.

Date: March 10, 2023 17:22

Could be Jane Rose, could be anyone smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2023 17:39

Irix
treaclefingers

Could be interesting for those who listen to their music via just one Bluetooth speaker or just via the smartphone speaker .... winking smiley

Ha ha!

On the other hand, I've been listening to the reissued mono albums on a 5.1 and while there isn't separation it sounds bloody fantastic.

Date: March 10, 2023 17:50

DandelionPowderman

If it is Jane's, that's a bad sign. It means Mick is not there...

- Doxa1

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: March 10, 2023 17:57

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa1

Are they supposed not to get along?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 11, 2023 10:12

She is more supportive of Keith than of Mick, they say.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2023 12:12

Well she probably remembers that Mick fired her in the late 70s and that Keith then hired here as his manager ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 11, 2023 13:14

blivet
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa1

Are they supposed not to get along?

Honestly, no idea. I was just kidding. But like gotdablouse mentioned she once worked for the band, but Mick fired her. Then Keith hired her as his personal manager and that drove Mick mad. There is a story of one Stones meeting Mick refused to attend if Jane was in the same room.

But yeah all of that happened over 40 years ago, and Jane's been working for Keith ever since, so I guess it is business as normal between her and Mick.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-11 13:15 by Doxa.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 11, 2023 14:36

Happy two-month anniversary of Keith's "new music is coming" tweet! I'm making don't-hold-your-breath cupcakes for everyone!

R-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit!

Date: March 11, 2023 15:23

jahisnotdead
Happy two-month anniversary of Keith's "new music is coming" tweet! I'm making don't-hold-your-breath cupcakes for everyone!

R-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit!

Well, he didn't tell us what new music was to come. What did come in the meanwhile is Grrr Live ...

Date: March 11, 2023 15:55

doitywoik

Well, he didn't tell us what new music was to come.

And when new music is coming. Keith only said: "There's the new music on its way" - [Twitter.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-11 16:05 by Irix.

Date: March 11, 2023 16:29

Irix
doitywoik

Well, he didn't tell us what new music was to come.

And when new music is coming. Keith only said: "There's the new music on its way" - [Twitter.com] .

It's a long way to Tipperary,
it's a long way to go ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-11 16:37 by doitywoik.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 11, 2023 17:46

The "purse" could be Keith's old medical bag.

Date: March 11, 2023 17:59

Elmo Lewis
The "purse" could be Keith's old medical bag.

... which nowadays of course contains only homeopathic globules ... grinning smiley

Date: March 12, 2023 12:27

We might be impressed how long this thread is. But it is not even the whole truth.

Namely, before this we had a thread called "A new Stones album in 2016?" (or something to that effect) that started in September 2015 and lasted until January 2017 before this thread took over (for some time, these two co-existed). 147 pages.

So for those who love counting, those should be counted as well (especially the ones who don't count BLUE & LONESOME at all...)

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-12 12:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 12, 2023 13:38

If we have to believe BV, there's not going to be a new tour without a new album. So if they're touring this year, the album will be released this year.

Date: March 12, 2023 13:55

NilsHolgersson

If we have to believe BV, there's not going to be a new tour without a new album.

But BV recently also wrote that the rescheduling of the 2023 tour has nothing to do with the new album and that the Stones toured since 2012 without a new album - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 12, 2023 14:21

Which one is the proverbial boss?

Date: March 12, 2023 22:52

Doxa
We might be impressed how long this thread is. But it is not even the whole truth.

Namely, before this we had a thread called "A new Stones album in 2016?" (or something to that effect) that started in September 2015 and lasted until January 2017 before this thread took over (for some time, these two co-existed). 147 pages.

So for those who love counting, those should be counted as well (especially the ones who don't count BLUE & LONESOME at all...)

- Doxa

And even that is not the whole truth. Before the New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016 thread (iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2244288; 147 pages) there was yet another new album thread: To The Rolling Stones: We Want A New Album In 2014! (iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1834867; 17 pages)!
Had they been merged with this thread, it would have boosted it close to 800 pages! grinning smiley

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home