Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 6, 2020 19:06

mailexile67
I think that new album will comes out next year in the fall taking advance of forthcoming anniversary, this year we'll have the Goats head soup Deluxe reissue in the fall

Yes I think so too. I had hoped for this autumn/christmas, but it seems to be Goats and Ghost Town (Goats Town!) this year. The new album in 2021. And some extravangant compilation for the 60th anniversery.

Date: July 22, 2020 05:51

While apart due to the pandemic, the Stones recently released "Living in a Ghost Town," the legendary group's first original song since 2012. Page Six reported the band is also working on another new song via Zoom.

[www.wonderwall.com]

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 06:26

Oooooo wonderful!! Maybe another new single by late fall 2020? Hey, even though they aren't able to tour and work together on new songs in person, we're still getting a decent amount of stuff from the boys this year!!

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 07:50

One single-sided single. And if I heard it correctly, three outtakes from a 47 year old LP, one of which does not feature Bill Wyman. Yes, an embarrassment of riches to be sure...and the long heralded new LP now farther away ...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 22, 2020 08:25

"Page Six reported the band is also working on another new song via Zoom".

Maybe this should be a separate thread on it's own as it probably has nothing to do with a new album - just another single cobbled together from unfinished bits ala Ghost Town.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 22, 2020 13:52

In "Scarlet" interview Mick continued the theme of 'don't hold your breath'... According to him, they still need to do some sessions together, which, taking the situation, doesn't look very likely to happen very soon. But he has done some vocals and other overdubs to the stuff they recorded at time of doing "Living In A Ghost Town".

- Doxa

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 22, 2020 14:43

Mick talks about the new album at the end of his interview with BBC Radio 2's Zoe Ball.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 22, 2020 14:54

DiegoGlimmerStones
While apart due to the pandemic, the Stones recently released "Living in a Ghost Town," the legendary group's first original song since 2012. Page Six reported the band is also working on another new song via Zoom.

[www.wonderwall.com]

Mick made no mention of that in his BBC Radio 2 interview.

Page Six is a gossip column. The "new song" report is attributed to the usual unnamed source.

[pagesix.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 22, 2020 14:57

bye bye johnny
Mick talks about the new album at the end of his interview with BBC Radio 2's Zoe Ball.

[www.youtube.com]

Doesn't sound anywhere near finished to me, he gives the impression a few tracks are nearly ready, but that nothing will be done in the near future, roughly translated IMAO we are looking towards another few years until it's released at this rate.
I expect the album to hit the shops by page 700 grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 15:01 by stone4ever.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 22, 2020 15:04

Maybe Page was talking about YCAGWYW which was via Zoom?...but we have three new tracks (kinda) already....so another one would be great news.

Date: July 22, 2020 15:06

Wouldn't be surprising if Page Six got it wrong. The Stones recording wasn't exactly the focus of their story.

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 15:58

Mick Jagger offers update on new Rolling Stones album

[more.talktalk.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 16:00 by hobshobs1.

Date: July 22, 2020 16:06

bye bye johnny
Wouldn't be surprising if Page Six got it wrong. The Stones recording wasn't exactly the focus of their story.

There were other shocking mistakes in that article as well...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 22, 2020 18:16

the new album is coming in 2068

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: July 22, 2020 19:07

Whoops

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 22:31 by stone4ever.

Date: July 22, 2020 19:19

stone4ever
Strange that Keith does something really special ( in Jimmy Pages own words ) with Jimmy Page on some Stones sessions and it doesn't see the light of day for 35 years.
Just a glimpse of what a control freak Keith has had to deal with, Dirty Work could have used this track by the sound of it.

Jimmy says he and Keith started from scratch on these particular sessions, can't wait to finally hear the results, hopefully Mick doesn't produce the guts out of it.

Haven't you heard it?

Date: July 22, 2020 21:29

hobshobs1
Mick Jagger offers update on new Rolling Stones album

[more.talktalk.co.uk]

“We have got to get together and do a couple more sessions, I think.
We are not really going to get together right now"
. - Mick

Sounds hopeless.

Date: July 22, 2020 22:22

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Strange that Keith does something really special ( in Jimmy Pages own words ) with Jimmy Page on some Stones sessions and it doesn't see the light of day for 35 years.

Jimmy says he and Keith started from scratch on these particular sessions, can't wait to finally hear the results, hopefully Mick doesn't produce the guts out of it.

Haven't you heard it?

Just listened to it, sorry i got my wires crossed there, thought it was Jimmys playing on DW , my bad, I'm only a decade out eye rolling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 22:44 by stone4ever.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:23

Listening to Scarlet reminds me of those great old days when they piled on multiple ragged harmonies on almost every line, and put them all pretty low in the mix.

When did they decide that Mick J (x1) was the only singer in the band?

Date: July 22, 2020 23:08

Perhaps when Keith started getting 2 or 3 songs on every album? winking smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:16

Haha DP! You surely know what I mean. Most of the 'recent' output (Mick-lead) Stones songs has been single tracked, up-front in the mix vocals.

Bring back those ragged harmonies and multi-tracked vocals, low in the mix. Such an important factor of the Stones sound that they seem to have completely forgotten about for the last 30 years.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:20

peoplewitheyes
Haha DP! You surely know what I mean. Most of the 'recent' output (Mick-lead) Stones songs has been single tracked, up-front in the mix vocals.

Bring back those ragged harmonies and multi-tracked vocals, low in the mix. Such an important factor of the Stones sound that they seem to have completely forgotten about for the last 30 years.

Mick would wince at that suggestion. That's the way they did it back then because that's how a lot of music sounded at the time. Not anymore. Mick is interested in making products that will succeed in the market. You can't argue with that. It's not about being nostalgic but about being able to compete and adapt with the times.

Date: July 23, 2020 00:57

peoplewitheyes

Yeah when Mick was lower in the mix was when the Stones had success, his vocals are so prominent throughout later era albums it's hard to tolerate, well for me anyway and many others. The problem is that his voice is flat and needs backing harmonies.
Having said that he pulled it off in the 60's , that studio voice was manufactured because he can't produce it live.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 23, 2020 01:07

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-23 01:08 by Stoneage.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 23, 2020 01:28

Justin

Mick is interested in making products that will succeed in the market.

oh yes, in fact his late output is full of hits...

I do like Mick's open minded attitude but, face reality, he hasn't been able to turn it into great different music, and less than so successful

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 23, 2020 01:33

maumau
Justin

Mick is interested in making products that will succeed in the market.

oh yes, in fact his late output is full of hits...

I do like Mick's open minded attitude but, face reality, he hasn't been able to turn it into great different music, and less than so successful

Won't disagree with you there.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 23, 2020 03:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-23 05:27 by Rip This.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 23, 2020 10:33

GetYerAngie
mailexile67
I think that new album will comes out next year in the fall taking advance of forthcoming anniversary, this year we'll have the Goats head soup Deluxe reissue in the fall

Yes I think so too. I had hoped for this autumn/christmas, but it seems to be Goats and Ghost Town (Goats Town!) this year. The new album in 2021. And some extravangant compilation for the 60th anniversery.

What could they possibly do? Good grief the redundancy will be pointless. Ehhhh but that didn't stop them (UMe most likely) from releasing the completely unnecessary HONK. I'm guessing it will simply be called SIXTY if "they" do.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 24, 2020 04:10

stone4ever
peoplewitheyes

Yeah when Mick was lower in the mix was when the Stones had success, his vocals are so prominent throughout later era albums it's hard to tolerate, well for me anyway and many others. The problem is that his voice is flat and needs backing harmonies.
Having said that he pulled it off in the 60's , that studio voice was manufactured because he can't produce it live.

Yeah, and it was the time when Keith could actually sing before his voice turned into that of a strangled hoarse cat when the melody goes up a bit. It was the time when he could actually add interesting and excellent sounding harmonies to Mick's voice that produced this wonderful and unmistakingly recognizable Stones vocal sound. These times are long gone unfortunately, leaving Mick's voice a bit naked occasionally since then, but what can you do? Well for me anyway and many others one Infamy per Stones album is more than enough and for the minority there's rescue in form of Keith solo albums every now and then. Agree that Mick's vocals are often a tad too high in the mix for my taste in the modern era, but that's a different topic.

Date: July 24, 2020 04:24

Sounds like the words of a Keith hater to me...eye rolling smiley

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home