Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...633634635636637638639640641642643...LastNext
Current Page: 638 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 15, 2023 22:08

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2023 22:11

DiegoGlimmerStones
Maybe not new info but i think this article wasn't shared before:

Latest update from Roger Friedman, who previously shared the Sanctuary Studios info:

Reality Check: Rolling Stones Album Does Have Paul, No Ringo, And Is In the Finishing Stages (Exclusive)

(February 22, 2023)

Yesterday’s bombshell that the surviving Beatles and Rolling Stones would all be on the same album caused a near riot in classic rock circles.

But the real story, from what I’m told, is a little less feverish. My source, who is right in the middle of this, says the following: “Paul came in and played bass on one track. I have no idea if Ringo is doing anything. His name hasn’t come up at all.”

This makes sense. It’s unlikely Ringo will come in play drums on a Stones track. It would be a little disrespectful to the memory of Charlie Watts. And Ringo is all about peace and love.

McCartney doesn’t sing on the track. And the final tracks haven’t been finalized, says my source. But the good news is, the album is in the finishing stages. The band is out of the studio, recording is done. So we could see a new Stones album mid summer. And that would be exciting.

As for a tour: “not now,” says a source. “At this point it may be too late for summer, given what’s available.” But they added: “The band is always up for a tour. They could decide at the last minute.”

[www.showbiz411.com]

Hope they release a single soon...or a teaser...or just a mini-snippet...or even just a song title...or anything at this point.
Dread the thought of this thread title being changed again..."New Stones album for 2024", could lead to "New Stones album for 2025"...could lead to "New Stones album for 2026", and so on................
Seems the postponement of the tour announcement threw a wrench in to the process, and now the rumour of no new tour this year...ugh...gotta have faith that something positive will result from this mess.thumbs up

Date: April 15, 2023 22:46

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones

Latest update from Roger Friedman, who previously shared the Sanctuary Studios info:

Reality Check: Rolling Stones Album Does Have Paul, No Ringo, And Is In the Finishing Stages (Exclusive)

(February 22, 2023)

Yesterday’s bombshell that the surviving Beatles and Rolling Stones would all be on the same album caused a near riot in classic rock circles.

But the real story, from what I’m told, is a little less feverish. My source, who is right in the middle of this, says the following: “Paul came in and played bass on one track. I have no idea if Ringo is doing anything. His name hasn’t come up at all.”

This makes sense. It’s unlikely Ringo will come in play drums on a Stones track. It would be a little disrespectful to the memory of Charlie Watts. And Ringo is all about peace and love.

McCartney doesn’t sing on the track. And the final tracks haven’t been finalized, says my source. But the good news is, the album is in the finishing stages. The band is out of the studio, recording is done. So we could see a new Stones album mid summer. And that would be exciting.

As for a tour: “not now,” says a source. “At this point it may be too late for summer, given what’s available.” But they added: “The band is always up for a tour. They could decide at the last minute.”

[www.showbiz411.com]

Hope they release a single soon...or a teaser...or just a mini-snippet...or even just a song title...or anything at this point.
Dread the thought of this thread title being changed again..."New Stones album for 2024", could lead to "New Stones album for 2025"...could lead to "New Stones album for 2026", and so on................
Seems the postponement of the tour announcement threw a wrench in to the process, and now the rumour of no new tour this year...ugh...gotta have faith that something positive will result from this mess.thumbs up

Yeah it's very unfortunate that the tour was postponed but I'm sure that they are going to tour and promote the new album.

My guess is that the mixing stage is on standby. The new album is already recorded but they want to do the mixing approx. 3 months before the tour start as usual, so everything can coincide in order of the plans. A similar scenario to ABB release and tour

Posted by: Topi ()

Rockman
WHAT excitement ?????????

Hey, isn't Macca your guiding light as well? winking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()

bitusa2012
JumpingKentFlash
I still love lots of stuff on A Bigger Bang. It’s bloated yes, and very hot and miss. A track like ONNYA - It really rocks! It’s a shame then that the lyrics for it are so abysmal. Then look at a song like Dangerous Beauty, which I think has great lyrics. And it rocks too….

It’s just overall it has that bloated feel, much more so than any of the previous three albums. You could cut it down to 10 songs to make it much better. That is indeed true for every album since SW.

I agree, in principal. But nowadays, given the paucity of any new Rolling Stones material, I’ll happily take a bloated record. Give me everything they’ve recorded. Let me edit it down to what I like. As YOU would all do. I don’t like everything you all like, same as you don’t like all I like. I LOVE Streets of Love. ADORE It Won’t Take Long. Hate Look What the cat Dragged in. Don’t much care for Driving too Fast. LOVE… Sweet Neo Con. Yet that is universally reviled. But, bloated or not, I’m GLAD I have all this music. So, give me everything you’ve recorded lads, and let me choose MY best. Is not going to be anyone else’s!

Well that is one way to do it. I’d much rather have a band taking control of their own artistry and give us exactly what they want. One thing I can say, which is particularly true for The Rolling Stones is that they did have the double album EOMS in them… but to think that every album since SW has about the same length… I’m sorry they don’t have a quadrilogy of double albums in them. The albums were made that long to appease the fact that they had quite long breaks between albums, and maybe also to appease Michael Cohl. And that’s wrong because it takes the artistic license out of their hands.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2023 23:13

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones

(February 22, 2023)

[www.showbiz411.com]

Yeah it's very unfortunate that the tour was postponed but I'm sure that they are going to tour and promote the new album.

My guess is that the mixing stage is on standby. The new album is already recorded but they want to do the mixing approx. 3 months before the tour start as usual, so everything can coincide in order of the plans. A similar scenario to ABB release and tour

I think this all depends on the timeline of the healing process of whoever it was that may have been injured, and what type of injury it was. And for all we know, and as someone else had previously mentioned, "injury" could be a code word for something that was pre-existing and a bit more serious. Someone heard that supposedly it was a foot injury...maybe, maybe not, but it was never officially confirmed one way or the other.
As it stands, the latest rumour is there will be no new tour, and as far as any new album news goes, there's been nothing to discuss lately hence the dissecting of A Bigger Bang, Bridges, and other decades old albums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-15 23:14 by Hairball.

Date: April 15, 2023 23:18

Hey, isn't Macca your guiding light as well?

Well actually do enjoy his interviews ....
He does seem a cheerful chappy
And after all he was there in the sixties .....

But have never allowed any of his jingles on me turntable ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2023 00:18

Rockman
Hey, isn't Macca your guiding light as well?

Well actually do enjoy his interviews ....
He does seem a cheerful chappy
And after all he was there in the sixties .....

But have never allowed any of his jingles on me turntable ...

Aw for the benefit of Mr. Kite Rockman, give the man his due!

Lurv ya Paul!

Date: April 16, 2023 00:33

But Hey I do read his interviews .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 16, 2023 01:04

Hairball
I think this all depends on the timeline of the healing process of whoever it was that may have been injured, and what type of injury it was. And for all we know, and as someone else had previously mentioned, "injury" could be a code word for something that was pre-existing and a bit more serious. Someone heard that supposedly it was a foot injury...maybe, maybe not, but it was never officially confirmed one way or the other.
As it stands, the latest rumour is there will be no new tour, and as far as any new album news goes, there's been nothing to discuss lately hence the dissecting of A Bigger Bang, Bridges, and other decades old albums.

Hopefully there'll be more rumors coming. Maybe this is the last silence moment. Once one date rumor starts, everything goes to a near announcement. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 16, 2023 06:33

Personally I find it would be extremely respectful if Ringo drummed on a new Stones track.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2023 14:01

BV's sad news about the tour not happening this year is unfortunately relevant in this thread as well. There've been rumours and assumptions that the release of the new album is linked to the tour.

All I can is hope that the link is not a necessary one. That they would release the album without a tour this year. But to be frank, the best scenario I can see is a fall/christmas season release to maximise the sales. So that means we might not hear anything for another half year or something .

It is what it is.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 14:19 by Doxa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 16, 2023 14:01

ok so the tour's now "officially" off, what does that do to the album ? I'd say it's 90/10 it gets "canned", without the "noise" of a tour there's too much of a risk it would bomb completely.

What a waste for the fans...as for the Stones I guess it "serves them right" for waiting so long when they've had 10+ years to release something after they regrouped in 2012.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 14:26 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 16, 2023 15:04

Doxa
BV's sad news about the tour not happening this year is unfortunately relevant in this thread as well. There've been rumours and assumptions that the release of the new album is linked to the tour.

All I can is hope that the link is not a necessary one. That they would release the album without a tour this year. But to be frank, the best scenario I can see is a fall/christmas season release to maximise the sales. So that means we might not hear anything for another half year or something .

It is what it is.

- Doxa

I hope for fall/christmas too.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 16, 2023 15:07

Personally I don't think it would affect any future tour. Most people are going to hear the hits. Damn this is sad.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 16, 2023 15:47

Right, it's the lack of a tour in the foreseeable future that likely puts a lid on the album...

Best case scenario is indeed an early December release for the Christmas sales. But even in that case if they're still not in a position to announce a tour for reasons XYZ, would they bother and have to deal with all the "will you be touring the album ?", "so are you releasing an album because you can't tour anymore", etc...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 16, 2023 16:02

I guesss anything is possible. Maybe they are saving the album until after that inevitable day comes, the one we don't want to think about. That way they wouldn't have to put up with the criticism. Just one of many reasons. Well, I hope for the best, whatever that may be.

Date: April 16, 2023 16:38

One possible factor to indicate a release this year might derive from their record company. Surely, the album - as far as is known in public - is not a contractual necessity to begin with, but I guess by now there must have been some sort of arrangement with Universal that the product is on the way, and it having probably a high priority among the fortcoming Stones releases (like if it was initially planned to go out with the tour). As far as I know there are not rumours about any other high profile Stones releases, so one might think that there has been some high hopes for the new album for this year by UMG. That the path is, so to say, cleared for it.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 16:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 16, 2023 16:39

Rockman

I can't resist some of Macca's best stuff (Band on the Run, Let Me Roll It, Silly Love Songs, With A Little Luck). Brilliant ear-candy.

At the same time, I realize there is just something a bit off-putting or uncool about him. And always has been.

Drew

Date: April 16, 2023 16:46

Rockman

cool smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 16, 2023 16:47

frankotero
I guesss anything is possible. Maybe they are saving the album until after that inevitable day comes, the one we don't want to think about. That way they wouldn't have to put up with the criticism. Just one of many reasons. Well, I hope for the best, whatever that may be.

Interesting line of thought, but what do you mean exactly? What criticism?

Drew

Date: April 16, 2023 16:48

GasLightStreet
Personally I find it would be extremely respectful if Ringo drummed on a new Stones track.

Yes, quite an homage.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 16:51

drewmaster
Rockman

I can't resist some of Macca's best stuff (Band on the Run, Let Me Roll It, Silly Love Songs, With A Little Luck). Brilliant ear-candy.

At the same time, I realize there is just something a bit off-putting or uncool about him. And always has been.

Drew

Silly Love Songs, With a Little Luck are some of his best? They’re utter twee crap. Maybe I’m Amazed, now THAT is top shelf.

Rod

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: April 16, 2023 16:56

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

Yes, quite an homage.

I fully agree.

On the release of the album: what might happen is, the release of that last filmed show on the 2021 tour, instead of the album. And to carry this negative thought further, it could be for the Xmas sales...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 17:09 by SomeGuy.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 16, 2023 17:05

Doxa

As far as I know there are not rumours about any other high profile Stones releases, so one might think that there has been some high hopes for the new album for this year by UMG.

They could also change their plans for the new album and release another "from the vault" instead.

Date: April 16, 2023 17:22

Irix
Doxa

As far as I know there are not rumours about any other high profile Stones releases, so one might think that there has been some high hopes for the new album for this year by UMG.

They could also change their plans for the new album and release another "from the vault" instead.

Is there even an urgency to that anymore? We've gotten some great stuff for sure, but another "Bridges to this or that"? The audience for these releases is becoming increasingly small. Micro even. At this point there may be more live albums than studio albums.

Once they figure out when a tour is even possible, I'm hoping they plan the studio release to support that. Before that time if they can throw an advanced single or two that would be welcome as I'm sure we'd love some new material.

What about instead of an album, a series of 4 song EP releases? Something different, easily digestible that can be release with 3 or 4 month gaps up to the tour? Follow that then with a traditional double album for the tour (compiled of the EPs) with some bonus cuts.

There's all sorts of marketing possibilities they can try that would look unique and keep interest piqued and fans intrigued.

Date: April 16, 2023 17:24

drewmaster
Interesting line of thought, but what do you mean exactly? What criticism?

Maybe I'm off target but I always felt both Chuck Berry and David Bowie were somehow pleased they weren't around to know the reception of their last work. For sure we all know how we disect everything they do. Maybe they'd like to escape that feeling, it's just a guess and I hope I'm wrong of course.

Date: April 16, 2023 17:35

Irix
Doxa

Yeah. And if the business plan is to link the release with a tour for best possible sales that of postponing the release by a year or a half is not such a big deal. Meanwhile, put something out "from the vault" (and like with CROSSEYED HEART Keith and his record company did not have difficulties to postpone the release by a year or two until the moment was right, that is, no overlapping Stones activities).

Then again, if they really release the album with no tour in sight, with the logic above that would been not that good for any upcoming touring activies...

- Doxa

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 16, 2023 17:35

treaclefingers

Is there even an urgency to that anymore?

Maybe to 'keep the brand alive'. With "from the vault" I meant old stuff in general, not the same-named DVD series.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 16, 2023 17:46

Maybe the new album should be called "From the Vault" since they have been recording it for the last 20 years

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...633634635636637638639640641642643...LastNext
Current Page: 638 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home