Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...235236237238239240241242243244245...LastNext
Current Page: 240 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2018 01:23

OpenG
Mick Jagger solo work has many good songs 1/2 loaf, Brand New Set of Rules, Joy, Visions of Paradise, Evening Gown, Handsome Molly, Out Of Focus, Hang on to Me Tonight, Out of Focus, the whole Wandering Spirit Album combine that with CH and you would of had the next great stones record.They need to come together and finish a new record one last time.

that could go the other way though. what if they went with stuff like Turn The Girl Loose, Let's Work, Yap Yap and Bodytalks?

It could be the end of the Stones legacy as we know it...careful what you wish for, or something.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 8, 2018 01:42

id hoppys a poodle he'd be a standard; big black water resistant heavy and i pee where i want. you carry my shit in a bag and i'm intelligent enough breed to really dig the big irony in all that, you know it; i know it...
i man not even be a poodle; i stopped reading most of these threads long ago...
for my health the doctor said...
i have a pain where i once had a harrrttt
kinda deal...
anyway, she's gone.
smileys with beer
i feel like i'm 16.
well alright.
yeh; poodle whats that about please don't make me read it someone answer this with a synopsis if you'd be so kind. hoppy has a VERY busy, busy December. my goodness, already in the spirit; yeh poodle this....hah just kidding...
well i don't have a group or a gang; if i did it would be called the diamond dawgs and you'd be feeding me sushi while dancing the hula and not asking damn questions. yeh your poodle signing out...

Date: December 8, 2018 01:51

hopkins
id hoppys a poodle he'd be a standard; big black water resistant heavy and i pee where i want. you carry my shit in a bag and i'm intelligent enough breed to really dig the big irony in all that, you know it; i know it...
i man not even be a poodle; i stopped reading most of these threads long ago...
for my health the doctor said...
i have a pain where i once had a harrrttt
kinda deal...
anyway, she's gone.
smileys with beer
i feel like i'm 16.
well alright.
yeh; poodle whats that about please don't make me read it someone answer this with a synopsis if you'd be so kind. hoppy has a VERY busy, busy December. my goodness, already in the spirit; yeh poodle this....hah just kidding...
well i don't have a group or a gang; if i did it would be called the diamond dawgs and you'd be feeding me sushi while dancing the hula and not asking damn questions. yeh your poodle signing out...

hoppy...this has to stand out as an awesome potential song lyric:

you'd be feeding me sushi while dancing the hula and not asking damn questions. yeh your poodle signing out

Date: December 8, 2018 01:54

not schillid; trust me; not schillid...

anybody else except rockman we already know his is dirty whatever dirty dirty boy we get it

anybody else tho
thanks

define poodle in context as relevant to this discussion.
opinions are welcome but unecessary; i will have several of my own.
the synopsis in a defitional sense would be key...
is there an 'anti poodle' crowd or another breed? that kinda thing.
is it the mick keith thing again? keithette mickette i'm a billett that
kinda deal? so is mick the poodle or is keith; depends on the year
and show and moment; i've seen them both in female attire but there
are male poodles they are known as male poodles usually; sometimes male poodles...
so new lp; ;any minute; this one is a surprise...
it's a cultural experiment; they are always at the cutting edge are our boys...
thedy are way into the future; that's the only reason they look old...
....yep it's almost here...
almossttt....
it will hit everywhere at once...
THE promo will be that there WAS NO PROMO
that these Olde Godz are confident; lion in winter stuff...
cue keith with shaggy hat;;; three two one GO...
take that one.,...

yeh new lp any mintue; we're making the first vid now; hold on...

no, we'll need a crane where were we?

oh yeh; it's almost here. sounds great this first one...
hold on hold on...
chuck that's for the talent ok?
geeze; the talent chuck....
the contract chuck...
that thing you signed chuck
so that you get your monay chuck
get away from those bagels look at you.

youre not even in the band really.
i don't know; cause they wanted someone stunningly great looking?
right...
your sort of the ghost of Brian's revenge leave those bagels alone

Date: December 8, 2018 01:55

hopkins
not schillid; trust me; not schillid...

anybody else except rockman we already know his is dirty whatever dirty dirty boy we get it

anybody else tho
thanks

define poodle in context as relevant to this discussion.
opinions are welcome but unecessary; i will have several of my own.
the synopsis in a defitional sense would be key...
is there an 'anti poodle' crowd or another breed? that kinda thing.
is it the mick keith thing again? keithette mickette i'm a billett that
kinda deal? so is mick the poodle or is keith; depends on the year
and show and moment; i've seen them both in female attire but there
are male poodles they are known as male poodles usually; sometimes male poodles...
so new lp; ;any minute; this one is a surprise...
it's a cultural experiment; they are always at the cutting edge are our boys...
thedy are way into the future; that's the only reason they look old...
....yep it's almost here...
almossttt....
it will hit everywhere at once...
THE promo will be that there WAS NO PROMO
that these Olde Godz are confident; lion in winter stuff...
cue keith with shaggy hat;;; three two one GO...
take that one.,...

yeh new lp any mintue; we're making the first vid now; hold on...

no, we'll need a crane where were we?

oh yeh; it's almost here. sounds great this first one...
hold on hold on...
chuck that's for the talent ok?
geeze; the talent chuck....
the contract chuck...
that thing you signed chuck
so that you get your monay chuck
get away from those bagels look at you.

youre not even in the band really.
i don't know; cause they wanted someone stunningly great looking?
right...
your sort of the ghost of Brian's revenge leave those bagels alone

-----------------------

ok ok i just got back; ok? i have to ease back into this posting thing, ok?
there's nothing to write santa land about ok?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 8, 2018 02:26

The poodle bites, the poodle chews it ...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 8, 2018 03:31

Hairball
IanBillen
The Stones have painted themselves into a corner with this album in the sense that now it HAS to be REALLY good ... Otherwise to their fans their reputation
will be eh .. pretty spent.

If they release something even simply 'good' after all this crazy long a wait, re-plans, teasers etc etc will simply not do it.

People, fans, even journalists are now (<in their own way) calling them out about all their postponements concerning it. They are stuck .. If they dont release anything their reputation as having any substance still beyond a greatest hits show will be gone.

If they release something simply good .. it will be a let-down and folks will say 'it took over three years and some change to simply give us another standard / good album? That's pretty poor considering the time line.

Considering how long and all the postponements now they HAVE to deliver something remarkable .. and guess what.. they know it -

Hi Ian. thumbs up Interesting post as always.

The question remains, will they be able to live up to expectations under the weight of all this pressure?!!!

As for me, I'd be happy with a new single prior to the upcoming tour...for the time being anyways.
After that, I expect the next Exile on Main Street by the end of the year at the latest!!!
Tear down the @#$%& wall!!!

winking smiley

Ha.. Yezzz Sa! Well hoping for the second coming of Exile is quite the tall order.

Seems initial plans were called off? Is there more than we know ... yep. You bet ... BUT that infomay be bad just as well as it could be good.

Maybe by this time next year they will at least be out of the 'early stages' ... IKr ... Guys... really?? Give us a break .. whether its true or not .. just give us a break.

Oh and btw .. we still have no idea what the material sounds like or of its quality? After THREE years and 200 pages .. Lol

As you always say .. it's more of the same ha

Rock on Mr. Hairball!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 8, 2018 05:50

Yes I was joking Ian - hoping for the second coming of Exile is like hoping the Beatles reunite- not gonna happen.

And yes - seems we're right back where we started on this long and dusty trail of a thread...absolutely nowhere!
Glad to see we hit 240 pages, but my earlier prediction of something happening by 250 pages might have been a little off.
The way things are going, we might not hear any new music until we hit 450 pages at a minimum! eye popping smiley
Hoping for a new tune (or two) prior to the tour, and as anticlamactic as that might sound after years of wishing for a new album, something is better than nothing.
Meanwhile, wondering where this meandering thread will lead to next...hopefully not smack against a wall!!!

PS - On a positive note. the thread title still says 2019, so there is still hope?!!!

Date: December 8, 2018 06:24

i think an album of Twist hits.
There's The Twist
Let's Twist Again
Slow Twistin' (with Dee Dee Sharp) let's see what the new chick person of divine gender can do with that slow steamin' groover...
yesss...

Peppermint Twist Part 1
Peppermint Twist Part 2

that's already half the album.

the other side could be more Twist or variations of the dance craze...
now mickey got brown sugar offa Freddie Cannon record so stay with hoppy for a second with this one...
or not...

like The Fly, The Hucklebuck (a sure crowd pleaser and one of my faves),
The Majestic, The Slop and Land of a thousand dances; he already ruined the Martha and Vandellas thing, sssshhh.....

yeh Stones Dance Party!!
Think about it deep fans.
this could work.
i know a guy who knows a guy...
he could drop a little note to someone who knows someone else,
just a line, and get it to someone who knows someone who works for someone who works for MICK...GUARANTEED BABY

STONES DANCE PARTY

i like it...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 8, 2018 06:30

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Might be because "Keithettes" was used to diminish authority or belittle Keith-fans earlier?

Like feminine qualities should be any poorer than the masculine ones. What utter bullocks. I'm a proud Keithette. A Mickette, too, btw smoking smiley

Was it? Really? My memory is not what it used to be...

Let's talk about feminine qualities! Uhm, better not, we would quickly get another 10 OT pages here. I consider myself a Stonesette, btw. It's ok imo if someone has a favourite band member, but I find it rather funny if this leads to taking sides in band internal rivalry or problems which may be true, but could also as well be constructed by a clever PR strategy...

So back to the new album! Anyone? Rocky? Georgelicks?

How I read the term 'Keithette' in its heyday after Doxa conned it almost as a concept: It was not at all about Keith fans as such. Instead it concerned a certain ideological bias for arguments in favour of Keith and at the cost of others, especially Mick. That bias tends to establish different standards in explanations and in more or less moral judgements of Stones members' doings. Only few Keith fans would then be marked by that idelogical bias much of the time, but, allegedly, some more posters also will from time to time as an exception to their other normal points of view.

Whether Doxa still will find the term topical, or if it for him belonged to a context of its own, I really don't know.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 8, 2018 08:24

Hairball
Yes I was joking Ian - hoping for the second coming of Exile is like hoping the Beatles reunite- not gonna happen.

And yes - seems we're right back where we started on this long and dusty trail of a thread...absolutely nowhere!
Glad to see we hit 240 pages, but my earlier prediction of something happening by 250 pages might have been a little off.
The way things are going, we might not hear any new music until we hit 450 pages at a minimum! eye popping smiley
Hoping for a new tune (or two) prior to the tour, and as anticlamactic as that might sound after years of wishing for a new album, something is better than nothing.
Meanwhile, wondering where this meandering thread will lead to next...hopefully not smack against a wall!!!

PS - On a positive note. the thread title still says 2019, so there is still hope?!!!

Lol .. I def understood you were joshing about the Exile league of things ..

Still ... Perhaps the code name of the album is called 'Exile on Wall Street' ... get it yawning smiley!! winking smiley Ha

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 8, 2018 08:25

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Might be because "Keithettes" was used to diminish authority or belittle Keith-fans earlier?

Like feminine qualities should be any poorer than the masculine ones. What utter bullocks. I'm a proud Keithette. A Mickette, too, btw smoking smiley

Let's talk about feminine qualities! Uhm, better not, we would quickly get another 10 OT pages here. I consider myself a Stonesette, btw. It's ok imo if someone has a favourite band member, but I find it rather funny if this leads to taking sides in band internal rivalry or problems which may be true, but could also as well be constructed by a clever PR strategy...

Stonesettes indeed thumbs up

And your memory is fine smoking smiley

How about no labels made on other posters.

Date: December 8, 2018 09:34

Voice of reason, 35love thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2018 10:31

Yeah Hoppy …. I's a full on Dirty Boy ….

You just ask Lisa ….. She'll lay
on the floor in front of her mirror
and screeeeeeeem.... YES YES!! …. More than any man …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 8, 2018 11:40

Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

How I read the term 'Keithette' in its heyday after Doxa conned it almost as a concept: It was not at all about Keith fans as such. Instead it concerned a certain ideological bias for arguments in favour of Keith and at the cost of others, especially Mick. That bias tends to establish different standards in explanations and in more or less moral judgements of Stones members' doings. Only few Keith fans would then be marked by that idelogical bias much of the time, but, allegedly, some more posters also will from time to time as an exception to their other normal points of view.

Whether Doxa still will find the term topical, or if it for him belonged to a context of its own, I really don't know.

Yes, that's what I meant, but your description is far more accurate.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 8, 2018 12:29

IMHO we will get the/some ca. 2015/18 outtakes in a big box set with dozens of older alternates, jams etc. in the 2020's. After the last absurd greatest hits "tour". And these tracks won't be the best on the box set - by far. I don't think they are able to finish a new album at this stage - let alone a great one.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 8, 2018 12:41

Monsoon Ragoon
IMHO we will get the/some ca. 2015/18 outtakes in a big box set with dozens of older alternates, jams etc. in the 2020's. After the last absurd greatest hits "tour". And these tracks won't be the best on the box set - by far. I don't think they are able to finish a new album at this stage - let alone a great one.

Yes, why not even 2012? It's just a little more than 3 years ahead, and that's not much considering the "album" is just in the "early stages" if one takes Keith by the word. Sometimes I really wonder if they're not gearing up for "Stones 60" really.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 8, 2018 13:07

240 pages of Nothing...And counting...No news of Stones in the studio...What a beautiful world!

Date: December 8, 2018 13:30

mailexile67
240 pages of Nothing...And counting...No news of Stones in the studio...What a beautiful world!

No news? I recommend Rocky's posts where he sums up the news we got.

Date: December 8, 2018 13:32

Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Correct. By calling those fans "girl-ish", though..

Date: December 8, 2018 15:04

DandelionPowderman
mailexile67

The "real" news would be the Stones in the studio "Now"...Keith statement "Early stage" isn't a good news, absolutely...

Date: December 8, 2018 15:07

mailexile67
DandelionPowderman
mailexile67

The "real" news would be the Stones in the studio "Now"...Keith statement "Early stage" isn't a good news, absolutely...

...If we want a 2019 publication

Date: December 8, 2018 15:21

hopkins
i think an album of Twist hits.
There's The Twist
Let's Twist Again
Slow Twistin' (with Dee Dee Sharp) let's see what the new chick person of divine gender can do with that slow steamin' groover...
yesss...

Peppermint Twist Part 1
Peppermint Twist Part 2

that's already half the album.

the other side could be more Twist or variations of the dance craze...
now mickey got brown sugar offa Freddie Cannon record so stay with hoppy for a second with this one...
or not...

like The Fly, The Hucklebuck (a sure crowd pleaser and one of my faves),
The Majestic, The Slop and Land of a thousand dances; he already ruined the Martha and Vandellas thing, sssshhh.....

yeh Stones Dance Party!!
Think about it deep fans.
this could work.
i know a guy who knows a guy...
he could drop a little note to someone who knows someone else,
just a line, and get it to someone who knows someone who works for someone who works for MICK...GUARANTEED BABY

STONES DANCE PARTY

i like it...

Twisting the Night Away,...Sam Cooke?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 8, 2018 15:30

treaclefingers

that could go the other way though. what if they went with stuff like Turn The Girl Loose, Let's Work, Yap Yap and Bodytalks?

Mark my words...
Yap Yap will be Track #2 on Doxa’s Poodle

Date: December 8, 2018 16:07

DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

From my only slight (maybe too slight) knowledge of it: I see the term as a dimunitive form of Keith. A male form of this dimunitive would probably have been 'Keithet', whereas a female form is 'Keithette'. The latter chosen as more elegant, I guess. My impression is also that "-ette" is a more commonly used suffix form to obtain the dimunitive.

Date: December 8, 2018 16:15

Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

From my only slight (maybe too slight) knowledge of it: I see the term as a dimunitive form of Keith. A male form of this dimunitive would probably have been 'Keithet', whereas a female form is 'Keithette'. The latter chosen as more elegant, I guess. My impression is also that "-ette" is a more commonly used suffix form to obtain the dimunitive.

Not at all. It's an intentional degrading fan boy-variant, since it was well-known that the usual suspects here were males. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-08 16:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 8, 2018 16:37

The use of dimunitive towards a way of thinking obviously in itself is not flattering. I think that fact is much more important than whether the dimunitive suffix has got a masculine or female form.

Date: December 8, 2018 17:15

My point, Witness, was that it is uncalled for, using female forms or animals metaphors to describe people you disagree with.

We don't have to agree on this.

On with the thread!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2018 19:23

Chris Fountain
Early stages. It's the end of TWENTY EIGHTEEN!

The end of 2018 doesn't occur until the beginning of 2019, It is only December 7. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, specifically technically speaking you are correct. But I'm at least in the correct month...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2018 19:48

IanBillen
The Stones have painted themselves into a corner with this album in the sense that now it HAS to be REALLY good ... Otherwise to their fans their reputation
will be eh .. pretty spent.

I don't think that way. I don't really get the general sense that that is the perception. Their reputation from 1968-1981 is all anyone cares about - including the band. As good as BLUE & LONESOME was, there's just no way they could let anyone down.

IanBillen
If they release something even simply 'good' after all this crazy long a wait, re-plans, teasers etc etc will simply not do it.

You're talking about a band that thought it was a good idea to release DIRTY WORK and then gave us 4 albums that merely said 'See, we can still sound like the Stones once in awhile' over a 16 year period. But I understand your sentiment.

IanBillen
People, fans, even journalists are now (<in their own way) calling them out about all their postponements concerning it. They are stuck .. If they dont release anything their reputation as having any substance still beyond a greatest hits show will be gone.

But... they don't have any substance beyond a greatest hits show. They haven't for over 10 years! Hell, on the BANG tours they ignored the album, from a historical aspect, and amazingly played less and less from it as the tour went on!

IanBillen
If they release something simply good .. it will be a let-down and folks will say 'it took over three years and some change to simply give us another standard / good album? That's pretty poor considering the time line.

Well... 1997 to 2005. Or even 1989 to 1994. It's nothing new!

IanBillen
Considering how long and all the postponements now they HAVE to deliver something remarkable .. and guess what.. they know it -

I wish I could agree with you but they don't care. They're going to do this last US tour and play the same 18 or whatever songs. They're clearly inspired since the tour name and the set list is the same for the 3rd year in a row.

I get wanting them to bust out of the mold they've been in since 2005 but they're too old to do that anymore. Ronnie said just doing wardrobe is exhausting - and that's with shows every what, 4 to 8 days? They're doing a whopping 7 shows in May.

It’s quite demanding to do this every three or four days considering all the traveling and hotels and wardrobe [fittings] and interviews and moving around the family, and meet-and-greets.

Ronnie Wood, responding to a question about the band settling into the 14-15 show tours a year they're doing instead of, what, well, think of this - in 1989, just in September, they did more shows in that month than they're doing in 2019 in THREE MONTHS.

[chicago.suntimes.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...235236237238239240241242243244245...LastNext
Current Page: 240 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home