Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...224225226227228229230231232233234...LastNext
Current Page: 229 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 28, 2018 18:33

DandelionPowderman
wupperstein
When I read this I´´ll get boaring. I think they'll never release a complete new album with new material. And the setlist for the coming US tourwill be boring, also.

You believe everything Mick says in that interview. Why?

Why should he start promoting an album that isn't finished, before they start their recording sessions in Paris?

Why would you think that there is an album or that they are planning recording sessions in Paris? Why would you believe anonymous posters on a message board over what Mick says?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 28, 2018 19:48

keithsman
Witness
OK, on the basis of these interviews that I read quotes from on this page of the thread, I finally give up any hope of a new studio album by the band. In contrast to many others, I think they owed their reputation as surviving band to come up with such a release of new material. Apparently, it is not going to happen.

Well, if Mick likes to write new songs, why does he not record them outside the now unproductive cooperation with Keith? And go on making a qualified selection of those and release on an album?

Otherwise, "the Never Changing Setlist Tour" seems to continue. Myself I probably will need approximately five years since my latest concert experience of the Stones before I may be interested in attending another of that, that is, if they still exist by then.

That's exactly what i have been saying, why indeed, why doesn't Mick make a solo album, i for one would welcome it, anything please from the boys.smiling smiley

I agree with every word you said Witness, no more enthusasm to see them again with the present set lists, for once we agree winking smiley

Oh, well!

I have to say that for me this is a change of opinion, as to me now thinking that Mick could record a solo album instead of writing songs for a band album. It is a result of the seemingly reported non-occurence of a studio album by the band. (Some weighty posters announced that this is a fooling device, though. Maybe I really have been fooled. But from now on, I prefer not to believe anything about a band release.)

Apart from that, in 2018 I abstained from all concerts, due to the setlists problem. No change in views by me about that.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:30

Quote from Keith:

Do you have any idea when you might put that record out?
Oh man, no. Like I say, early stages. I would say if I’m looking at it, we’re going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe. That looks like a reasonable projection. I can’t describe it – you know that! It’s guitars, drums and bass.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:34

From Keith's interview with Patrick Doyle of Rolling Stone:

What have you been up to?
Lately, uhh, not a lot. Mick and I got together for a few days a month or so ago in the studio, just playing around. Apart from that, there might be a session sometime in December, but I’m not crossing my fingers on that.

How was the session with Mick?
It was great, man. We knocked out a few songs together with [producer] Don Was. We’re just working things through. We had a great time — got some nice stuff out of it.

Oh man, no. Like I say, early stages. I would say if I’m looking at it, we’re going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe. That looks like a reasonable projection.

Anything you can say about the sounds you guys are making in the studio?
No, I can’t describe it – you know that! It’s guitars, drums and bass.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 20:40 by bye bye johnny.

Date: November 28, 2018 20:37

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
wupperstein
When I read this I´´ll get boaring. I think they'll never release a complete new album with new material. And the setlist for the coming US tourwill be boring, also.

You believe everything Mick says in that interview. Why?

Why should he start promoting an album that isn't finished, before they start their recording sessions in Paris?

Why would you think that there is an album or that they are planning recording sessions in Paris? Why would you believe anonymous posters on a message board over what Mick says?

Why would you think those posters are anonymous for everybody, or the only ones with such info?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 28, 2018 21:15

Georgelicks aka Soldatti has a well-placed connection in Universal who stated less than a month ago that three tracks would be issued from late January/February through April with the album dropping late May/June. He also stated, and had stated a couple years ago originally, that the album would be part of the ticket bundle.

Bjornulf stated after Soldatti that the album would be released late spring/early summer while they were still on the road.

Keith's remarks about "early days yet" is the same phrase Don Was has used over the past couple years to describe the album.

I believe the sessions I've posted about occurred. The sessions others have posted about occurred. Why Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie, and Don Was should continue to downplay the album and insist "it's early days" and "What a shame we haven't recorded all these songs we've written" is beyond me.

Inevitably, given the recent statements by the band, there will be people who think what I posted/what GeorgeLicks shared/what Bjornulf shared was either made up for attention or deliberately fed misinformation.

It wasn't. They have an album they could put the finishing touches on and release. Work, recent work, as in Bernard's backing vocals and the band minus Darryl doing studio work in November 2018 (possibly multiple studios, I don't know that for certain) happened. The sessions (presumably Paris) booked for this week and on into December were/are real. The plan is to finish the album for release so promotion (interviews/videos) can be finalized early in the new year before tour rehearsals.

To my knowledge that hasn't changed.

Why are Mick and Keith saying the same thing as Don Was, Ronnie, and Charlie? "Gee, I don't know if we'll ever do anything...don't hold your breath...I thought it was finished...it's early days yet"

I haven't a @#$%& clue.

For now, in spite of all logic being trust the band and their producer, I'm going with the recording session still goes forward to finish the album and the album is out by June 2019.

I'll be a rare holdout trusting reputable sources who really are connected until they or Bjornulf or GeorgeLicks/Soldatti post here that "things have changed."

I really doubt this is an eleventh hour mission abort.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 21:21 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 28, 2018 21:31

Cross-posting from Keith/new album thread for posterity confused smiley

Totally bizarre and inexplicable. Are they humoring us or themselves, I wonder? After Crosseyed Heart, Keith had a full of steam; CH gave him "leverage" — "C'mon, Rolling Stones," he said — to wring a new album from the band.

The "muse" isn't missing. Unless by "muse" we mean "chemistry." It seems clear to me that Keith has challenged Mick to make a "Rolling Stones" album, as he conceives of a Rolling Stones album. They simply can't be in the same room long enough to bring one to fruition.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 28, 2018 22:59

From same Keith thread/interview:

What have you been up to?

Lately, uhh, not a lot. Mick and I got together for a few days a month or so ago in the studio, just playing around.
Apart from that, there might be a session sometime in December, but I’m not crossing my fingers on that.

Oh man, no. Like I say, early stages. I would say if I’m looking at it, we’re going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe.

If things weren't sounding bleak enough with Mick's recent interview, this sounds like the final nail in the coffin.
My earlier prediction of a 2020 release might not be that far off now, but even that sounds optimistic... eye rolling smiley

Date: November 28, 2018 23:17

Second "maybe" was italicized (for emphasis) in the RS interview.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: November 28, 2018 23:20

Mick is in Paris right now.

Date: November 28, 2018 23:28

Yep. chriseganstar's at least 20% correct at the moment... ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 23:28 by bye bye johnny.

Date: November 28, 2018 23:58

The Interview with Mick Is the best, new album Is coming [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 00:01 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 29, 2018 00:07

Honestly if this is true and they are a long way from completion of the album, the Stones ought to give it up.
I'm giving it up, nice talking to you guys, sorry i piss some of you off, see you on the flip side.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 29, 2018 04:17

keithsman
Honestly if this is true and they are a long way from completion of the album, the Stones ought to give it up.
I'm giving it up, nice talking to you guys, sorry i piss some of you off, see you on the flip side.

Ummmmm ... Still in the 'early stages' ... they were saying that a year ago or more... and this album is 'at least' three years in the making and they are still in the early stages?

I see no .. and hear absolutely nothing here but the same old s**t. It's getting pathetic.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 29, 2018 04:41

McCartney puts them to shame with his output. Their just not interested anymore it seems in recording together

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 05:31 by black n blue.

Date: November 29, 2018 04:47

black n blue
McCartney puts them to shame with his output. Their just not interested annoy,ore it seems in recording together

Better yet ... One might say .. they're just not interested in completing an album anymore. They had a handful of sessions 'as a band' on this already.

Why do they keep hiring a producer .. booking a studio .. and getting together on it here and there etc. etc? I seriously wish they would make up their minds ..

>> Guys.. seriously ... do you want to do an album or not? Wow -

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 29, 2018 05:28

DiegoGlimmerStones
The Interview with Mick Is the best, new album Is coming [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Assuming the the U.S. dates mentioned in the article refer to 2019 and not some earlier tour winking smiley, this interview seems fairly recent.

What Mick says can be read in two ways:

Pessimistically - They are just right in the middle of writing and doing a little rcording here and there => no album anytime soon

Optimistically - They have so much new stuff and feel it's such a shame that nothing has been released for so long => that we will get an album soon, and another one soon after ...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 29, 2018 05:34

IanBillen
black n blue
McCartney puts them to shame with his output. Their just not interested annoy,ore it seems in recording together

Better yet ... One might say .. they're just not interested in completing an album anymore. They had a handful of sessions 'as a band' on this already.

Why do they keep hiring a producer .. booking a studio .. and getting together on it here and there etc. etc? I seriously wish they would make up their minds ..

>> Guys.. seriously ... do you want to do an album or not? Wow -
turning into a money grab tour again. What a shame

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 29, 2018 05:56

I hope Rocky Dijon is right in his post above and that this could be just misdirection. I will take his advice and trust Georgelicks aka Soldatti, and Bjornulf until they've posted something saying plans have changed. I do not distrust them in any way, but it can't be denied that the "official word" from Keith and Mick seem to indicate that the new album isn't about to drop anytime soon like we were expecting.

I was among those very disappointed when the new tour was announced as being another leg of No Filter instead of a brand new tour for the new album. I'm frustrated with these recent statements, especially Keith's. I hope he's being coy because it irritates me to hear more of this "early stages" stuff and the whole shrugging of the shoulders when it comes to upcoming studio dates. Keith makes it sound like he's only working on the new album for a few days each year.

I hold out a tiny hope that this is indeed misdirection and the plans for the new album still go forward. Releasing singles weeks/months ahead of the full album is coming back in fashion. (So is the surprise sudden album release, which is my secret dream for the Stones.)

If they take the three best songs from the upcoming album, make some killer videos, and release them in January, February, and March respectively with some live appearances on TV somewhere, maybe one or more of the songs will catch on in a big way. It would also get people familiar with them and make them more likely to be added to the setlist.

Date: November 29, 2018 07:00

jahisnotdead
I'm frustrated with these recent statements, especially Keith's.

I just read Keith's statement in the other thread. Doesn't sound like they're anywhere near the finishing touches (but I'm always open to be shown otherwise ...winking smiley). Maybe they brought everything to a halt and started all over again? In that case, even an EP would make sense, like release the three or so finished songs they are fine with and give the album as such a completely fresh go?

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 29, 2018 07:51

Before we go on tour next year, we’ll do some more work on that,” Jagger said, stopping short of promising that a new album will be ready when the U.S. leg of No Filter tour opens April 20 in Miami. “We’ll see how that goes.”

[www.latimes.com]

Date: November 29, 2018 08:09

Again sounds like more work to be done than just adding some finishing touches.

Date: November 29, 2018 08:30

doitywoik
Again sounds like more work to be done than just adding some finishing touches.

Good. If Jagger would of said they are working on new stuff that isn't near finished then the towel would of been thrown in. If Mick says nothing is going to happen ... guess what = It doesn't happen.

The fact that he was sort of stand-offish about whether is new music that could be released to coincide with the tour is promising. That means it is still a possibility and that Keith was down playing things.

As well .. he is in Paris doing some work .. Stones related I'm sure as was reported here to happen at this time. Still not horrible signs .. nothing great.. but nothing negative.

It could still be projected to come out in the Spring.

Ian

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 29, 2018 10:25

…..stay calm ….

The Stones are experts on keepin us in thee dark …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 29, 2018 10:42

If they're saying nothing....something's happening grinning smiley

Date: November 29, 2018 10:43

What if they are working on something that's bigger than a regular album...

Date: November 29, 2018 11:10

…. You mean something like a cassette that runs at 78RPM .???????????????????

ROCKMAN

Date: November 29, 2018 11:19

Rockman
…. You mean something like a cassette that runs at 78RPM .???????????????????

Or a «goodbye and thank you all-box». Could be on a reel to reel wire-player, for what I care. I'd buy it anyway smiling smiley

Date: November 29, 2018 11:24

...YEAH!!! … gotta have 'em Dandeeee ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 29, 2018 12:02

Weird to think that the whole concept of recorded music is not much more than a hundred years old.

What the heck did we do then ? If we couldn't go to the show we'd have to wait for our local performing "troubadors" to learn the songs....

...or buy the sheet music and play it ourselves ! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 12:37 by Spud.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...224225226227228229230231232233234...LastNext
Current Page: 229 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home