Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...207208209210211212213214215216217...LastNext
Current Page: 212 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 3, 2018 16:06

In case it may be considered outright unfair what I said about keithsman voicing various viewpoints, some quite inconsistent, without withdrawing an earlier one, I went back two (now it is three) pages of this thread and found the following excerpt. In deep contrast to what he posted just now on this page of the thread ( now the page before this). Which version will be his point of view tomorrow if this discussion continues?

keithsman
Can i be a Keith worshiper who hates Micks solo stuff but still loves Mick.

Is that allowed ?

Can i be a huge Stones fan that goes to see them as much as i can but get frustrated with the set lists ?

I don't think any of us hate any of the Stones but they can try our patience at times, do you think i didn't get embarrassed about keith's lack luster performances and terrible attempts at SFTD solo's until he cleaned up his act this year.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-03 16:10 by Witness.

Date: November 3, 2018 16:22

Witness
I based some of the contents of my posts here on Keith's verdict of Mick's recent two songs. That must be seen as legitimate, at least until that saying will be said to be inauthentic.

I confronted some quotes from keithsman. The problem for me thereby is that he has got a whole series of various views points, not all quite consistent, to fall back upon. But not withdrawing clearly an earlier quote, when he presents another different one. By the way, I have been through CROSSEYED HEART thirty times in all spread over months, sometimes only listening to a few tracks from where I left it on the earlier occasion. That is really several times more than many posters listen to Stones-related music, which does not please them too much. By the way, I have not the same views on TALK IS CHEAP if I am read as a consistent anti-Keith poster. Keith's first solo album I find excellent.

And what was "Keith's verdict"?

There may be many reasons why he isn't on those numbers. It's all speculation here..

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 3, 2018 16:33

Witness
In case it may be considered outright unfair what I said about keithsman voicing various viewpoints, some quite inconsistent, without withdrawing an earlier one, I went back two (now it is three) pages of this thread and found the following excerpt. In deep contrast to what he posted just now on this page of the thread ( now the page before this). Which version will be his point of view tomorrow if this discussion continues?

keithsman
Can i be a Keith worshiper who hates Micks solo stuff but still loves Mick.

Is that allowed ?

Can i be a huge Stones fan that goes to see them as much as i can but get frustrated with the set lists ?

I don't think any of us hate any of the Stones but they can try our patience at times, do you think i didn't get embarrassed about keith's lack luster performances and terrible attempts at SFTD solo's until he cleaned up his act this year.

I don't know how else to explain something to you, if you felt back in the 80's that Mick going solo caused a lack of tours ( no tours ) between 82' and 89' that carries some frustration as a fan, i was in my 20's throughout that period and would have given anything to see them play live or play together at Live Aid etc.

So you go and buy She's The Boss to see what Mick sounds like without Keith, and you come away with the impression that "REALLY" !!!"SERIOUSLY"!!! was that worth braking up the band, was that proving a point to Keith, well some of you love that album and the singles from it , Lets Work and Just Another Night, but i thought it was embarrassing at the time.
So wind forward 34 years and i start to play Micks solo albums again and they are not so bad, in fact they are good, especially Wandering Spirit which is very good. Hope this helps Witness !! people change over the years, is that allowed ?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 3, 2018 17:42

DandelionPowderman

There may be many reasons why he isn't on those numbers. It's all speculation here..

Not trying to speak for the Witness, Your Honour, but I believe he means Keith's "They ain't Stones tunes, if you want to cut them, put 'em out on your own...and the bugger went and did it."

Date: November 3, 2018 18:01

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

Not trying to speak for the Witness, Your Honour, but I believe he means Keith's "They ain't Stones tunes, if you want to cut them, put 'em out on your own...and the bugger went and did it."

The defence rests..

But Keith could also have meant that those numbers didn't fit the album they're making, rather than downright disliking the songs..

Time will tell...

Date: November 3, 2018 18:02

It is allowed to change, yes. But your hate quote towards Mick solo stuff, keithsman, was on October 31st, today is November 3, whereas Doxa's treatment of Jagger solo albums was weeks or rather months ago. There is a certain lack of consistency in your sayings between those dates. Not more than alluding to your intimidation assumption as to Mick.

( Now I will drink my Saturday wine and more or less stop posting for today.).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-03 18:14 by Witness.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 3, 2018 18:05

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

Well, could Angie or YCAGWYW or Ruby Tuesday be classed as 'Stones tunes' ?
ALL Classics by the way.
I don't understand what Keith means.

Date: November 3, 2018 18:05

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

Thank you for giving the evidence that takes clumsy me so much time when my phone tries to correct also what is written correctly.

Date: November 3, 2018 18:11

DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

The defence rests..

But Keith could also have meant that those numbers didn't fit the album they're making, rather than downright disliking the songs..

Time will tell...

Your interpretation may be possible. But Keith's words seem to convey the impression that one other interpretation is more likely.

Date: November 3, 2018 18:43

Witness
It is allowed to change, yes. But your hate quote towards Mick solo stuff, keithsman, was on October 31st, today is November 3, whereas Doxa's treatment of Jagger solo albums was weeks or rather months ago. There is a certain lack of consistency in your sayings between those dates. Not more than alluding to your intimidation assumption as to Mick.

( Now I will drink my Saturday wine and more or less stop posting for today.).

Saying is it ok to hate Micks solo stuff but still love him was a rhetorical question, it wasn't meant to be taken literally or as my personal view, we can for instance hate the single Let's Work but still be in awe and love Mick as a performer, i actually went on to say in that post that hate is a strong word that doesn't come to mind when we think of the Stones but you choose to pick out a misleading section of my post or posts and take them out of context.
Ok i'm done here too your honor winking smiley enjoy your wine witness smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-03 19:01 by keithsman.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 3, 2018 19:12

I really dont believe for one moment that Keithsman like Mick Jagger,He and some others here using all theire spare time,to find some negativity about Jagger.So this people has never been Stonesfans,just Keiths hangarounds.So in a couple of days they come up with some more nasty things about Jagger.It would be better if Jagger go solo,and quit Stones,This will make lots of this boards experts very happy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 3, 2018 19:21

DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

The defence rests..

Time will tell...

I was always under the impression that those two Jagger solo tunes weren't really that horrible, they were just a bit off the mark and/or missing something. And not sure what Keith meant by "they ain't Stones tunes" when there are dozens of other latter era Stones tunes that are worse imo. Without sounding like a Keith loyalist, had he added some Stonesey guitars, and/or maybe a bridge, or a different melody, or even just some backup vocals, the songs might have been improved, and he may have been singing a different tune (pardon pun) when talking about them. Speculating here, but maybe the dillemma happened when Mick brought them in close to being finished and liked them the way they were, telling Keith to get his dirty hands off of them not allowing any input from him or anyone else. So Keith replied as he did..."put 'em out on your own"....and so Mick did, and the results were sort of inferior compared to what might have been imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-03 19:22 by Hairball.

Date: November 3, 2018 20:12

harlem shuffle
I really dont believe for one moment that Keithsman like Mick Jagger,He and some others here using all theire spare time,to find some negativity about Jagger.So this people has never been Stonesfans,just Keiths hangarounds.So in a couple of days they come up with some more nasty things about Jagger.It would be better if Jagger go solo,and quit Stones,This will make lots of this boards experts very happy.

Believe me i have watched and admired Mick Jagger more than anyone on this planet, he is fascinating, i love that he continues to perform into his 70's, the man is an inspiration to us all. But obviously i get frustrated with the Set lists and some of his solo work. Look mate don't worry about it, it's nothing personal, i too get upset when people bash Keith , it's understandable, but it's impossible to sensor everyone , what good would it do to only say nice things about the Stones all the time, people would just get bored and stop posting. We are reviewers in our own way, giving all our efforts and obsessing about this incredible band, if you have anything to say to Micks defence then you are free to do so, if you disagree with me or whoever explain why you disagree, just saying we exist on iorr to bash Mick it not right, we have studied this band for decades and have an opinion, it is what it is. I make no secret that i think Keith is the most talented out of he and Mick, anyone can sing and write lyrics but not everyone can sing write and play like Keith, he is unique , a one off, those sinewy riffs and blistering intros are unequaled, Mick too plays his part, not the best voice in the world but it's what he does with it that counts, and those Jagger moves, a cross between Tina Turner and James Brown, amazing.
Going through some of your posts you come across as disliking Keith somewhat, you really don't seem to like his admirers lol, care to mention why. Its double standards.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 3, 2018 20:27

Right - so, let me see if I get this straight, OK... :

We’ve had 2 years & 200 pages of rather fun but absolutely pointless speculation;
and now that it seems we’re finally getting somewhere with this album, this place turns into a cat fight, pulling each others hair out & all that?
BEFORE the darn thing is even RELEASED?

This community is getting funnier by the minute. smoking smiley

Gotta love it -

Date: November 3, 2018 21:13

Witness
DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

The defence rests..

Time will tell...

Your interpretation may be possible. But Keith's words seem to convey the impression that one other interpretation is more likely.

Indeed. In your opinion, that is.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 3, 2018 22:03

if there is a problem it's that mick does not want to be in the studio for days on end like in 1968 (ect). keith always said the best things just popped up by accident, and if the stones ever tried to plan anything it went straight down like the titanic.
'doom n gloom' is a good example. i really like the track and it could have been a really good/maybe great stones track if they had spent more time on it than one take. at the second chicago show in 2013 the song almost flipped over and turn into a balls-out, full torque stones rocker.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 3, 2018 22:30

I do not understand why you keep putting Mick against Keith, the 80s are long over! I do not think there are problems between the two, every now and then they will fight like all the couples do, but then they are always there together! This obsession with thinking that this was written by Keith or Mick, but who cares! It's the Rolling Stones! Who cares who wrote Tumbling Dice!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: November 4, 2018 00:50

Holy Crap

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 4, 2018 01:13

^
New album or song title? smiling smiley

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 4, 2018 02:36

Well Keitsmen you say anyone can sing and write lyrics.Well that depends.Keith cant absolutely dont sing,not so good in writing lyrics either,and especially not play decent guitar anymore.But i frankly dont care what you mean by nothing anymore.The only thing i will say,is in my opinion,you and youre hangarounds here have the most stupid comments here forever.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 4, 2018 03:40

I am so freakin' excited about this, I can't even tell you. I'll try anyway. smiling smiley

I read the latest posts in this thread last night and this is the first I've heard of the most recent rumors. I'm really happy.

I was daydreaming all day today about it. How exciting it will be to hear the title of the new album and to see the album cover for the first time! And all the new tour logos and merchandise will be so exciting.

And of course it will be so much fun to read everyone's reactions here and the micro-analysis that we Stones superfans will give it.

I sure do hope Mick and Keith are happy with it and haven't made many compromises. I'm pretty sure they're focused on doing the best they can.

A brand new studio album of original material by the Rolling Stones... hopefully only a maximum of eight months away and even more hopefully, even sooner!

This is great news!!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 4, 2018 03:58

It is great news, but please kindly take a seat. There's an ugly fight brewing over whether one's fan credentials are in order. Ordinarily, I'd be defending right to free speech, but he didn't like "Just Another Night" so he's asking for it.

Date: November 4, 2018 05:22

Wich news???

Date: November 4, 2018 05:22

jahisnotdead
I am so freakin' excited about this, I can't even tell you. I'll try anyway. smiling smiley

I read the latest posts in this thread last night and this is the first I've heard of the most recent rumors. I'm really happy.

I was daydreaming all day today about it. How exciting it will be to hear the title of the new album and to see the album cover for the first time! And all the new tour logos and merchandise will be so exciting.

And of course it will be so much fun to read everyone's reactions here and the micro-analysis that we Stones superfans will give it.

I sure do hope Mick and Keith are happy with it and haven't made many compromises. I'm pretty sure they're focused on doing the best they can.

A brand new studio album of original material by the Rolling Stones... hopefully only a maximum of eight months away and even more hopefully, even sooner!

This is great news!!!
Wich news???

Date: November 4, 2018 09:52

Rocky Dijon
It is great news, but please kindly take a seat. There's an ugly fight brewing over whether one's fan credentials are in order. Ordinarily, I'd be defending right to free speech, but he didn't like "Just Another Night" so he's asking for it.

lol i take it all back, just watched it again, the Mick does Prince video was funny >grinning smiley<

Date: November 4, 2018 10:35

Rocky Dijon

The fight fizzled out, but the great news about the album remains to be posted?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 4, 2018 11:18

Yeah well yeah.really hoping the Stones will do their utmost the coming months to produce a Great sounding..spontaneous new album.dont spend to much time in mixing. A rough.lively sounding new one. Hope the songs are well crafted by Mick n Keith together in one room. I am sure this will be their last one and it should be good. Hope they play with their hearts and not their heads. Their legacy is already immense and undisputed so they dont need to concentrate on that. Just have fun in the studio and that fun will rub off.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-04 11:19 by corriecas.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 4, 2018 12:00

'well crafted' is the phrase for me - some interesting middle 8s, outros, a few odd sections here and there please. Throw us a chord or a bridge that we don't see coming a mile off.

Oh and harmonies purleaaase!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 4, 2018 12:14

Hope Keef will do some lovely back up vocals n harmony vocals indeed.that would be Heaven. Maybe as bonus the One more shot Keef take.
Jeroen

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 4, 2018 12:54

DiegoGlimmerStones
jahisnotdead

This is great news!!!
Wich news???

That the new album looks like it will be released sometime in the first half of 2019.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...207208209210211212213214215216217...LastNext
Current Page: 212 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home