Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...174175176177178179180181182183184...LastNext
Current Page: 179 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2018 05:00

doitywoik

Hairball
Glad to know they have more studio time booked, and hopefully they can go beyond "muddling". Looks like 2020 after all, but you never know...maybe they'll hit a massive creative streak and release two albums before then.

Is the "more studio time booked" thing based on a recent, fresh (piece of) interview (that I missed)?

As for the two albums, depending on how productive the sessions hitherto really were, there is possibly already enough material there for that. Would be arlight with me. A massive creative streak would be welcomed by everyone, I think. smiling smiley

It's right above your nose in the latest post from georgelicks, but will quote it here for the reading impaired lol... winking smiley

georgelicks
After the tour, they will take 3-4 months off at least, after that some studio time is booked, but touring is always the #1 priority (after family of course), any studio activity will get postponed if they want to tour again.

stonehearted
Hairball
Looks like 2020 after all, but you never know...maybe they'll hit a massive creative streak and release two albums before then.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Ah jeez yes ain't that the truth, and I believe I said the same thing somewhere around page 87 of this thread!

As for good old Ian...never give up hope!!! I'd happily trade in a *Stones shows I attended if it would help the cause of getting us a new Stones album of original material.
The again, I'd do the same for another blues covers album or another Keith solo album! (Please read the fine print below)

This offer only applies to the subpar *Vegas '16 show where Mick was sick and it was a shortened setlist. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-05 05:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 5, 2018 06:30

Hairball
It's right above your nose in the latest post from georgelicks, but will quote it here for the reading impaired lol... winking smiley

You haven't seen my nose yet ... grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hairball
I'd happily trade in a *Stones shows I attended if it would help the cause of getting us a new Stones album of original material.
The again, I'd do the same for another blues covers album or another Keith solo album! (Please read the fine print below)

This offer only applies to the subpar *Vegas '16 show where Mick was sick and it was a shortened setlist. winking smiley

Reading the fine print (mind you!winking smiley), you think trading in a subpar show will give us an above par new album? confused smiley winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2018 06:41

georgelicks
After the tour, they will take 3-4 months off at least, after that some studio time is booked, but touring is always the #1 priority (after family of course), any studio activity will get postponed if they want to tour again.

Given the rumours about a tour next year, I'd guess perhaps mid to late 2019 or 2020 would be a possible date of release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-05 06:41 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: June 5, 2018 06:58

doitywoik
Hairball

You haven't seen my nose yet ... grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hairball
I'd happily trade in a *Stones shows I attended if it would help the cause of getting us a new Stones album of original material.

Reading the fine print (mind you!winking smiley), you think trading in a subpar show will give us an above par new album? confused smiley winking smiley

Haha well you know, beggars can't be choosers...

Which takes us back to the upcoming Beggars Banquet Deluxe!
Starting to get really excited about this, and wondering what it might include?!!!!
Also, there's a new deluxe version of the Beatles White album coming out towards the end of the year!!!

Gonna be a double whammy of two great albums from two of my favorite bands! hot smileyeye popping smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 5, 2018 09:41

Hairball
doitywoik

Hairball
Glad to know they have more studio time booked, and hopefully they can go beyond "muddling". Looks like 2020 after all, but you never know...maybe they'll hit a massive creative streak and release two albums before then.

Is the "more studio time booked" thing based on a recent, fresh (piece of) interview (that I missed)?

As for the two albums, depending on how productive the sessions hitherto really were, there is possibly already enough material there for that. Would be arlight with me. A massive creative streak would be welcomed by everyone, I think. smiling smiley

georgelicks

stonehearted
Hairball
Looks like 2020 after all, but you never know...maybe they'll hit a massive creative streak and release two albums before then.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Ah jeez yes ain't that the truth, and I believe I said the same thing somewhere around page 87 of this thread!

As for good old Ian...never give up hope!!! I'd happily trade in a *Stones shows I attended if it would help the cause of getting us a new Stones album of original material.

Hahahahah!! I read the fine print and I'm upset .. I am calling the corporate office!! ha. (Ilove it).

2019 will be the year.. I mean F******k .. how many friggin 'years' do they need .. I mean Bloody F***?!! Lol yawning smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 5, 2018 10:13

Hairball
Starting to get really excited about this, and wondering what it might include?!!!!
Also, there's a new deluxe version of the Beatles White album coming out towards the end of the year!!!

Hi mate. Where are these two releases reported?

Rod

Date: June 5, 2018 10:34

bitusa2012
Hairball

Hi mate. Where are these two releases reported?

georgelicks reported the Beggars deluxe in this thread, and the Beatles White deluxe was reported in the Beatles vs. Stones thread some time back in an article/interview w/Giles Martin confirming.

50th anniversaries of both. thumbs up

Date: June 5, 2018 19:57

Hairball

Any details known already?

Date: June 5, 2018 20:14

doitywoik
Hairball

Any details known already?

Not that I'm aware of, but here's an article from May of last year:

Beatles’ Next Expanded Reissue Project Will Focus on the White Album

Beatles White album

The Beatles have already set their sights on the next expanded reissue project after this month's look back at Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Producer Giles Martin, son of the late Beatles collaborator George Martin, confirms they'll focus on the the band's 1968 self-titled release, better known as the White Album.

He admits that the task is far more daunting this time – despite the fact that the upcoming super-deluxe Sgt. Pepper's set includes a whopping 100 minutes of outtakes, many previously unheard and unreleased.

"The White Album, which is the next release – that is where they started becoming indulgent," Giles told the BBC in a new interview. "There are 70 takes of 'Sexy Sadie,' for instance. The efficiency went slightly out the window. There's a lot of stuff. So, it's getting the balance right."

That said, Martin finds the process meaningful, no matter how long it takes. "It's really trying to sort of humanize it in some way," Martin said. "That gives you added respect. We've convinced ourselves that singers don't really sing, and producers do it – or it's all done with buttons and faders. But, really, it's down to them performing in the studio."

The younger Martin came into these new reissues with a deep list of Beatles-related credentials: He remastered 2016's Live at the Hollywood Bowl, and also collaborated on the George Harrison documentary Living in the Material World and on Paul McCartney's most recent studio album, New.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: June 6, 2018 09:12

So, now we’re talking about 2020 for a new album. People should face up to it. This ain’t ever happening.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 6, 2018 16:48

Hairball
Ian Billen
Not a huge fan of Steel Wheels

I think Steel Wheels has some decent tracks on it, though the production leaves a bit to be desired on most of it:

Slipping Away, Terrifying, Almost Hear You Sigh, Can't Be Seen - pretty good tunes IMO. thumbs up

PS - Here's the superior (IMO) alternate version of Almost Hear You Sigh with Keith on vocals:
Almost Hear You Sigh (Keith on vocals)

I really love Keith's solo output, but...c'mon! The version on Steel Wheels is a masterpiece! (IMHO of course).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2018 16:56

I agree. Almost hear You sigh is a gem. Stands out on Steel Wheels. Mixed Emotions is good too. What the album lacks is a hit song though.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:25

Stand out song on STEEL WHEELS though is one song that is not only "decent", but is "Sticky Fingers"-great. Then it can be about one song only: "Continental Drift" !!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:49

...is that even a song?

Date: June 6, 2018 17:56

Wild Slivovitz
Hairball
Ian Billen
Not a huge fan of Steel Wheels

I think Steel Wheels has some decent tracks on it, though the production leaves a bit to be desired on most of it:

Slipping Away, Terrifying, Almost Hear You Sigh, Can't Be Seen - pretty good tunes IMO. thumbs up

PS - Here's the superior (IMO) alternate version of Almost Hear You Sigh with Keith on vocals:
Almost Hear You Sigh (Keith on vocals)

I really love Keith's solo output, but...c'mon! The version on Steel Wheels is a masterpiece! (IMHO of course).

I really like them both for different reasons, but prefer the raw/rough version a bit more!
Anyhow, glad we have two versions to enjoy as two versions are better than one.smiling smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 6, 2018 20:23

Concerning "Continental drift"

Stoneage
...is that even a song?

Better maybe in probably rather vague terms is a "musical piece" that also features a song.

Date: June 7, 2018 02:19

KevinLocksPerm
So, now we’re talking about 2020 for a new album. People should face up to it. This ain’t ever happening.

Give it a few years more and it'll be another holy grail! winking smiley

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: June 7, 2018 03:53

Witness
Stand out song on STEEL WHEELS though is one song that is not only "decent", but is "Sticky Fingers"-great. Then it can be about one song only: "Continental Drift" !!!
hold on to your hat----pure stones

Date: June 7, 2018 04:14

doitywoik
KevinLocksPerm

Give it a few years more and it'll be another holy grail! winking smiley

A Bigger Grail

Date: June 7, 2018 05:07

Ha! Good one!

From a historian's perspective, after enough water went down the river: Torn And Grailed ...

Date: June 7, 2018 05:28

smiling smiley

It's Only Holy Grail (But I Like It)
Get Off of My Grail
100 Grails Ago
Child of the Grail
Sitting on a Grail
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Grailbreaker)
Under My Grail
Grail Fall Down
Plundered My Grail
Hide Your Grail
Just Want To See His Grail
This Grail is Empty

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 7, 2018 06:34

What if the new album gets bootlegged before it can be officially released?

Even those 2002 sessions got leaked.

Could happen.

At least that way the new material would be saved from overproduction.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 7, 2018 07:58

stonehearted
What if the new album gets bootlegged before it can be officially released?

Even those 2002 sessions got leaked.

Could happen.

At least that way the new material would be saved from overproduction.

That would require it to be done.

Date: June 7, 2018 08:09

No, just the sessions could get leaked -- that is, the tracks done so far.

According to sources above, some 15 or so.

The bootleg could be called Steel Walls.

Or Bridges to Muddle On.

or Tattoo Who.

or No Focus.

Date: June 7, 2018 08:40

stonehearted
No, just the sessions could get leaked -- that is, the tracks done so far.

According to sources above, some 15 or so.

The bootleg could be called Steel Walls.

Or Bridges to Muddle On.

or Tattoo Who.

or No Focus.

smiling smiley

First unfinished track leaked: Don't Start
Followed by: Lost My Touch

Date: June 7, 2018 13:48

I honestly believe that when we finally get a new Stones album it will be a posthumous release ala Brainwashed by George Harrison. It will probably be finished off by whatever Stones are still standing together with Chuck L.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 7, 2018 14:09

KevinLocksPerm
I honestly believe that when we finally get a new Stones album it will be a posthumous release ala Brainwashed by George Harrison. It will probably be finished off by whatever Stones are still standing together with Chuck L.

..and call it what?
We Chucked up.
Chuck the baby outta the Bath Water.
Out of our Chucking minds.
Get the Chuck out of here!

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 7, 2018 14:11

Or maybe even,

Chucked in the towel!

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Date: June 7, 2018 14:11

undertheradar
KevinLocksPerm

..and call it what?
We Chucked up.
Chuck the baby outta the Bath Water.
Out of our Chucking minds.
Get the Chuck out of here!

Chuck L and The Rolling Stones Orchestra

Date: June 7, 2018 22:16

Between The Chuckles

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...174175176177178179180181182183184...LastNext
Current Page: 179 of 704