Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...163164165166167168169170171172173...LastNext
Current Page: 168 of 704
Re: Another Stones Studio Album in 2022
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 26, 2018 21:47

Irix
KevinLocksPerm

I thought this might be a more realistic thread title for the next studio album.

Maybe 2022 in time for the 60th Anniversary of the Band ....

Better a late & superb Album release than quick & dirty. smiling smiley

4 new songs to be recorded for greatest hits album. 3 Jagger outtakes and a Keith ballad.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 26, 2018 22:13

Irix
Better a late & superb Album release than quick & dirty. smiling smiley

Considering the fact that the last studio album is from 2005, it appears we minimally need a new definition of "quick".

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:55

doitywoik

Considering the fact that the last studio album is from 2005, it appears we minimally need a new definition of "quick".

It reminds me at Kraftwerk: they released their second last Album (Electric Café) in 1986 and their last Album (Tour de France) in 2003 - but they're still on Tour every year and they're still somehow relevant ....

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: April 27, 2018 00:22

In the 70s, they (Kraftwerk) were bashed for being nationalist and trivial, but their gadget were cool and seemingly enough so as to take them into the serious arts world a few decades later. Today they rather function as a living exhibition of themselves.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 27, 2018 00:25

doitywoik

Today they rather function as a living exhibition of themselves.

Similar like the Rolling Stones? winking smiley

Date: April 27, 2018 03:51

Irix
doitywoik

Today they rather function as a living exhibition of themselves.

Similar like the Rolling Stones? winking smiley

The Stones are less static. grinning smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 05:29

Hairball
doitywoik
Since Greatest Hits albums are kind of boring if no new greatest hit is emerging on the horizon, how about a Greatest Turds album? They could spend years fighting over the track list ...

Similar to Sucking in the '70's - various title options:

Big Turds (High Tide and Green Grass)

Through the Past Darkly (Big Turds Vol.2)

Hot Turds

More Hot Turds (Big Turds and Fazed Cookies)

Turd in the Shade

40 Turds

Surely it'd be Through the Ass, Darkly??

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2018 06:12

bitusa2012
Hairball
doitywoik
Since Greatest Hits albums are kind of boring if no new greatest hit is emerging on the horizon, how about a Greatest Turds album? They could spend years fighting over the track list ...

Hot Turds

Turd in the Shade

40 Turds

Lol grinning smiley smileys with beer

Date: April 27, 2018 07:30

bitusa2012
Hairball
doitywoik

Hot Turds

Turd in the Shade

40 Turds

In that case, a subsequent Bigger Bang needn't even be renamed ... grinning smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 07:56

doitywoik
bitusa2012
Hairball
doitywoik

Hot Turds

Turd in the Shade

40 Turds

In that case, a subsequent Bigger Bang needn't even be renamed ... grinning smiley

A BiggEST Bang perhaps?

Rod

Date: April 27, 2018 09:05

Seems like time for a Frank Zappa crossover: "Blow it out your ass, motorcycle man..." (Titties & Beer) winking smiley

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 28, 2018 03:11

Love Zappas' version of Whipping Post!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 28, 2018 06:33

As long as they (the Stones? UMe?) are reissuing their LPs again on vinyl in a box set with blah blah blah for $$$ there's no point in bothering with a new LP when there's no point in reissuing vinyl LPs that nobody needs.

Something like that. Same set list, different year.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 28, 2018 19:01

You can pre-order the reissues now and re-order them when they're out of stock later.

Date: April 29, 2018 05:21

Rocky Dijon
You can pre-order the reissues now and re-order them when they're out of stock later.

Will they then be post-issues?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 29, 2018 06:56

Ah, what's it matter since it's vinyl pressed from brickwalled digital masters of old analog recordings. If hipsters had sense they would stick to used record bins and really hear the difference.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 30, 2018 09:11

Rocky Dijon
Ah, what's it matter since it's vinyl pressed from brickwalled digital masters of old analog recordings. If hipsters had sense they would stick to used record bins and really hear the difference.

That was another time they hit a wall ... a 'brick one' ... grinning smiley

No .. I am kidding. Perhaps they are pulling from the original masters?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 30, 2018 09:21

Rocky Dijon

I am afraid that the hipsters aren't exactly the targeted audience of Universal here... There are some with even less sense but with a good buying potentiality while they are still alive...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-30 09:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 30, 2018 09:51

I was listening to Certain Chicks the other day and it struck me how the Stones sound from then was such an amalgam of blues ,country,reggae and rock and roll and they seemed to be just jamming for hours.
Mick and Keith doing what sounds like a beautiful late night drunken,somewhat off-key version of an old Hank song,Keith throwing a reggae riff into the middle of a fast rocker and Bill and Charlie effortlessly following it.
Now it seems to have devolved into this generic,mid level rock.sort of an INXS kind of thing,it doesnt really even suck,it’s just so average.wtf happened?
I guess Keith at least tried on his record but the players weren’t really good enough.but the Stones,they gotta find themselves again or just stop making records altogether.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 30, 2018 20:42

lem motlow
I was listening to Certain Chicks the other day and it struck me how the Stones sound from then was such an amalgam of blues ,country,reggae and rock and roll and they seemed to be just jamming for hours.
Mick and Keith doing what sounds like a beautiful late night drunken,somewhat off-key version of an old Hank song,Keith throwing a reggae riff into the middle of a fast rocker and Bill and Charlie effortlessly following it.
Now it seems to have devolved into this generic,mid level rock.sort of an INXS kind of thing,it doesnt really even suck,it’s just so average.wtf happened?
I guess Keith at least tried on his record but the players weren’t really good enough.but the Stones,they gotta find themselves again or just stop making records altogether.

Blasphemer ! angry smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 30, 2018 23:20

Modern Stones = INXS.

Not so sure about that as INXS at least had a few decent tunes! winking smiley

Date: May 1, 2018 02:41

Hairball
Modern Stones = INXS.

"=" translates as "were" ... INXS are history, the Stones outlived them!
In other terms, what we've got now is post-modern Stones ... grinning smiley

Date: May 1, 2018 06:51

lem motlow

BLUE AND LONESOME aside, since they didn't exactly work on it like they do for an originals album, they have stopped making records.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 1, 2018 08:08

That’s the truth isn’t it-imagine the damage they would’ve done to the catalogue by releasing 3 or 4 bigger bangs since 05.thank our lucky stars the Stones were smart enough to see it.
Some bands are great live and some make really good records,for most of their career The Rolling Stones did both but I fear that’s no longer the case.they still put on a good live show and have enough great songs,it’s probably best to leave well enough alone.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 1, 2018 12:41

But...Is it so difficult after 13 years making a 12 tunes decent record?!Oh, my God!!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 1, 2018 12:50

With the new studio vinyl box coming out in june I don't think they will release a new studio album. It would be silly to release all studio albums in box sets and next year release another studio album wich isn't in the box set

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-01 12:52 by spunky.

Date: May 1, 2018 13:33

spunky
With the new studio vinyl box coming out in june I don't think they will release a new studio album. It would be silly to release all studio albums in box sets and next year release another studio album wich isn't in the box set

Depends on your point of view. It might even be a smart move to release a new album later only: then you can sell another vinyl box set (all new transfers, blabla) that contains also the new album.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 1, 2018 16:44

mailexile67
But...Is it so difficult after 13 years making a 12 tunes decent record?!Oh, my God!!

By Stones standards, yes, it is very hard to do it.
ABB was a generic rock album with not more than 2 or 3 GREAT songs, the rest is generic rock stuff, lots of folks here are very happy with that kind of stuff, but the band will not make an album like that again, even Keith was not very happy with it.

Back on the original question, they didn't release 12 great songs on single album, well since Exile actually.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 1, 2018 16:49

spunky

They will release a new album next year, then they can re-issue a box set with the new one inside so die hard fans will buy that too.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 1, 2018 18:38

mailexile67

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...163164165166167168169170171172173...LastNext
Current Page: 168 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home