Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...121122123124125126127128129130131...LastNext
Current Page: 126 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: January 31, 2018 15:16

Rokyfan
100 million? Amazingly, the thread moves further and further into the realm of fantasy.

It's a pretty optimistic estimate, I'll give you that smiling smiley

But how many Stones fans are there, you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 15:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 31, 2018 16:38

More than three. [..and that's very nearly lots]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 31, 2018 17:33

DandelionPowderman
slewan
here's brand new interview:
Q: Do you need another Stones album?
World: Not really…

Here's another interview:

A hundred million loyal Stones fans round the globe: Hell, yeah!

and how many people (outside the small circle of die-hard fans) listen to one of the post 1990 Stones studio albums more than once a year? No too many, I guess (of course, a lot of people bought them…)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 31, 2018 17:41

slewan

I for one do not need another ABB, if B&L is the last "new" album fine with me and the earlier the treasures from past sessions come to life, the better !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 31, 2018 17:49

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
100 million? Amazingly, the thread moves further and further into the realm of fantasy.

Even if there would be a 100 million Stones fans, how many would want a new album? Less than 5% is my guess.
And how many are listening to anything from the Stones post Tattoo You on a regular base? If it's more than 1% I would be surprised.
Maybe if you would limit yourself to the people on this forum that percentage would be higher, but I don't think they are at all representive for the general group of Stones' lovers.

From the 6 people I know who think Exile, Let It Bleed, etc..., up till and including Tattoo You are fantastic and have been to at least 3 or 4 Stones concerts, including myself, the percentage of the above questions is 0%.

Date: January 31, 2018 18:15

matxil
DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan

Even if there would be a 100 million Stones fans, how many would want a new album? Less than 5% is my guess.
And how many are listening to anything from the Stones post Tattoo You on a regular base? If it's more than 1% I would be surprised.
Maybe if you would limit yourself to the people on this forum that percentage would be higher, but I don't think they are at all representive for the general group of Stones' lovers.

From the 6 people I know who think Exile, Let It Bleed, etc..., up till and including Tattoo You are fantastic and have been to at least 3 or 4 Stones concerts, including myself, the percentage of the above questions is 0%.

I'm sure you'd be surprised there.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 31, 2018 19:31

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan

and how many people (outside the small circle of die-hard fans) listen to one of the post 1990 Stones studio albums more than once a year? No too many, I guess (of course, a lot of people bought them…)

Wait a minute we were reminded that Voodoo Lounge won a grammy.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 31, 2018 20:42

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan

To be honest. I'm a hardcore fan, but from the 89 onwards studio-stuff I listened only to the 1989 and 1993 outtakes within the last 2-3 years. And Blue And Lonesome of course, but I don't think this is a good album. That’s old men playing some old songs, most of which sound almost the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 21:20 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 31, 2018 22:41

I listen to Bang way more than Blue and Lonesome. Bang was mostly Mick, so prior to Crosseyed Heart I kinda figured Keith had just lost his songwriting knack, since he hadn't put his mark on much of anything since Bridges, but CH was great so...hope. I like post-Tattoo stuff quite a lot, so put me in that 1% (unfortunately, the only 1% group I belong to!)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2018 02:36

Of their releases post TATTOO YOU I listen to UNDERCOVER the most. Next up - BRIDGES. But only select songs. Same with BANG and VOODOO. STEEL WHEELS - barely at all, and when I do it's maybe 5 songs at the very most.

I've listened to B&L the most lately. But we're talking for a year while listening to STICKY FINGERS probably the most of their catalogue. I listen to GOATS HEAD SOUP frequently, as well as TY, EOMS, LIB and BEGGARS.

I don't think I've listened to IORR, B&B or SG at all in the last year. I listen to ER once in a while because it sounds so good.

With exception to a new interest in BUTTONS, I've not listened to anything pre-BEGGARS in over a year.

So a new LP would be good... for a while, depending on how good it is. But they have so many albums it's not a big deal.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 1, 2018 04:01

slewan
FTW

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 1, 2018 06:58

GasLightStreet
Of their releases post TATTOO YOU I listen to UNDERCOVER the most. Next up - BRIDGES. But only select songs. Same with BANG and VOODOO. STEEL WHEELS - barely at all, and when I do it's maybe 5 songs at the very most.

I've listened to B&L the most lately. But we're talking for a year while listening to STICKY FINGERS probably the most of their catalogue. I listen to GOATS HEAD SOUP frequently, as well as TY, EOMS, LIB and BEGGARS.

I don't think I've listened to IORR, B&B or SG at all in the last year. I listen to ER once in a while because it sounds so good.

With exception to a new interest in BUTTONS, I've not listened to anything pre-BEGGARS in over a year.

So a new LP would be good... for a while, depending on how good it is. But they have so many albums it's not a big deal.

Undercover is fantastic. Might be their most underrated record. To bad it fell victim to WW3.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 1, 2018 07:29

mpj200
GasLightStreet

Undercover is fantastic. Might be their most underrated record. To bad it fell victim to WW3.

It is indeed a good record .. quite experimental .. with such a great song unlike any other's of their's .. >> Undercover of the Night. She Was Hot is also a great tune.

Goats Head Soup is also underrated.... >> Unique album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 1, 2018 07:44

IanBillen
mpj200
GasLightStreet

It is indeed a good record .. quite experimental .. with such a great song unlike any other's of their's .. >> Undercover of the Night. She Was Hot is also a great tune.

Undercover is a great album indeed, but a bit of a letdown after Tattoo You imo. I might be in the minority, but I always loved Too Much Blood and all of the oddball remixes/extend mixes of it.
It's been awhile since I listened, but I have a boot somewhere that goes on for nearly a half an hour (maybe more?) of nothing but Too Much Blood in all it's incarnations.

Goats Head Soup is a GREAT album from start to finish - not a bad tune in the batch! Classic Stones all the way.

Date: February 1, 2018 08:25

Hairball
IanBillen
mpj200
GasLightStreet

Undercover is a great album indeed, but a bit of a letdown after Tattoo You imo. I might be in the minority, but I always loved Too Much Blood and all of the oddball remixes/extend mixes of it.
It's been awhile since I listened, but I have a boot somewhere that goes on for nearly a half an hour (maybe more?) of nothing but Too Much Blood in all it's incarnations.

Goats Head Soup is a GREAT album from start to finish - not a bad tune in the batch! Classic Stones all the way.

The remixes for Undercover are quite interesting. The song itself (and album as a whole) certainly had an industrial ..dance sort of thing to it. Lots of 'production' ... but it was acceptable.... even interesting.

GHS is my 'personal' fav Stones Album. Sure I know its not their very best... I know its certainly not commercial .. but this one always hit a spot with me.

Such a great winter time album.

Date: February 1, 2018 08:43

Not sure exactly what you mean by "commercial" Ian, but it did have the single Angie which was a #1 hit in the US and several other countries, as well as being a top 10 hit in many other countries. Heartbreaker was also played quite a bit on the radio at the time as the second single, though it only made to 15 in the US. As for the rest of the songs, I still hear quite a few of them played on various classic rock stations in the area, though not very often.

Date: February 1, 2018 09:04

Hairball
Not sure exactly what you mean by "commercial" Ian, but it did have the single Angie which was a #1 hit in the US and several other countries, as well as being a top 10 hit in many other countries. Heartbreaker was also played quite a bit on the radio at the time as the second single, though it only made to 15 in the US. As for the rest of the songs, I still hear quite a few of them played on various classic rock stations in the area, though not very often.

Yeah .. I am aware of the charting of Angie and top 40 hit (Do-Do-Do-Do-D0) Heartbreaker ..

Some Girls was quite commercial. Tattoo You was fairly commercial as well ..except for most of side B. Emotional Rescue was commercial ... meaning had radio friendly / pop appeal and was tangible. Steel Wheels album was pretty darn commercial.

GHS however .. was murky .. experimental in places.. and slow paced. Only had two possible singles off the entire album (which were released).

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 09:05 by IanBillen.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 1, 2018 09:10

Please no more stuff like 'Boring and Lonesome'.
It's even more soporific than 'Losing my touch'!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:47

KRiffhard
Please no more stuff like 'Boring and Lonesome'.
It's even more soporific than 'Losing my touch'!

No it isn't. Stop sounding like HMS.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 1, 2018 18:14

Cannot see why The Stones don't put out an album that combines new compositions AND 'covers'.
I believe Van Morrison has put out two such albums in the last 6 months...and presumably in his spare time done some concerts.
I don't think Eric Clapton has ever put out an album of JUST his own or joint compositions.
Surely Stones fans wouldn't object? 50/50 split would do.

Date: February 1, 2018 18:25

80/20 tops split for originals to covers. Just because they are in their 70's doesn't mean they can't come up with ass shaking songs with worthy lyrics

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 1, 2018 20:10

Any news?!?smoking smileygrinning smiley

Date: February 1, 2018 20:15

mailexile67
Any news?!?smoking smileygrinning smiley

I thought rumours were confirmed that further speculation and more rumours will surface on page 200 of this thread.
In the meantime, more speculation and rumours...winking smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 2, 2018 10:45

I'm not going to set my alarm clock.

Could someone please wake me up when a record comes out ?

Date: February 2, 2018 14:50

Just heard this morning: 6 more weeks until info on the tour and new album.....grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:09

........42 daze !!!! ..... okay

ROCKMAN

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:39

jlowe
Cannot see why The Stones don't put out an album that combines new compositions AND 'covers'.
I believe Van Morrison has put out two such albums in the last 6 months...and presumably in his spare time done some concerts.
I don't think Eric Clapton has ever put out an album of JUST his own or joint compositions.
Surely Stones fans wouldn't object? 50/50 split would do.

Because they won't get the songwriting loyalties (and that's where you make the money long term...not with short term album sales)

Date: February 2, 2018 18:48

Maindefender
Just heard this morning: 6 more weeks until info on the tour and new album.....grinning smiley

It's come to the point where I don't know if this is actual factual info., or simply more fun and speculation.... smiling smiley

Date: February 2, 2018 19:02

Hairball
Maindefender

It's come to the point where I don't know if this is actual factual info., or simply more fun and speculation.... smiling smiley

Press conference was held in Punxsutawney PA this morning by spokesman Phil Hog...drinking smiley

Date: February 2, 2018 19:29

Maindefender
Hairball
Maindefender

Press conference was held in Punxsutawney PA this morning by spokesman Phil Hog...drinking smiley

Lol...a very reliable and trustworthy source!smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...121122123124125126127128129130131...LastNext
Current Page: 126 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home