Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...657658659660661662663664665666667...LastNext
Current Page: 662 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: June 4, 2023 19:13

Testify
Every time I see new messages I look because I imagine there's news, instead it's the usual useless post. That is the question !

There is always hope.

Sometimes, that is all we have!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 4, 2023 19:37

Topi
Yeah. How many pages "and counting" are we now?

we're at the counting pages and counting stage

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 4, 2023 20:09

Topi
Yeah. How many pages "and counting" are we now?

Earlier I said we would go to 1000. That was before 600 smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 4, 2023 20:13

Christiaan
retired_dog
tioms
This topic started Dec.9/2016/// 598 pages later: today Jan. 2023? Nothing!
I should say: Wait and see.

They'll wait with the announcement 'til we reach page 600 to celebrate our longetivity. Mark my words!

No it will be at yes thousand (1000!!!!) pages hot smiley

599 and now 662…… 338 to go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-04 20:14 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 5, 2023 11:23

Lets be positive ...

Maybe they're arguing about which ten of the hundred great tracks they've cut will be the first of the ten planned album releases .

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 5, 2023 18:42

Spud
Lets be positive ...

Maybe they're arguing about which ten of the hundred great tracks they've cut will be the first of the ten planned album releases .

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

And at the same time as the RS are pondering this, the Davies brothers are discussing the setlist for the opening show of the long-awaited Kinks reunion !

WHAT Kinks reunion I hear you ask ? O, you know, the one they've been telling us about since the year 1901, the year Queen Victoria died !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2023 20:22

Spud
Lets be positive ...

A hundred great tracks? eye popping smileysmiling smiley

In reality, it should probably read "ten of the hundred great mini-snippets"...but even that might be pushing it.
As of now, so far we've seen and heard a very small handful of these teasers, so it's possible they only have a dozen or so at the very most.
As for an entirely complete new and original tune? Would love to hear just one....two if we're lucky...the long awaited follow up single to Living in a Ghost Town which is now over three years old.
But to stay positive and hopeful, it was over seven years between the new original GRRR tracks in 2013 and Ghost Town in 2020, so they still have some wiggle room to procrastinate and argue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-05 20:23 by Hairball.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2023 21:36

At their ages, they have no wiggle room to procrastinate!!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 5, 2023 22:11

It wouldn't surprise me if it actually turns out that the "mini-snippets" have nothing to do with the album at all. Some could be just jam tracks for Jagger to practise and showcase his harmonica skills, some could be Jagger solo tracks he's recording for fun or whatever solo project he has in mind, and Keith... well, his lonesome clip is just him checking a guitar with one of the most common basic blues riffs... It's just that they're aware that they could keep us happy for a while with these little lifesigns...

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: June 5, 2023 22:36

paulywaul
Spud
Lets be positive ...

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

And at the same time as the RS are pondering this, the Davies brothers are discussing the setlist for the opening show of the long-awaited Kinks reunion !

WHAT Kinks reunion I hear you ask ? O, you know, the one they've been telling us about since the year 1901, the year Queen Victoria died !

Cruel! I first read it and was like WTF, I haven’t heard about this!

Alas, we can all see that a Davies brothers reunion of any sort is really not ever happening.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 5, 2023 23:25

Perhaps the new album sounds like this...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2023 23:55

HOPE SO .... lurv the manic grind of that one ..... lurv ya Mick

ROCKMAN

Date: June 5, 2023 23:56

wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, and there are several other teasers that sounded promising...
Hope they make the final cut some day... whenever that might be.
And hopefully Andrew Watt hasn't over-produced/sterlized/ruined them

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 6, 2023 01:49

Hairball
wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, and there are several other teasers that sounded promising...
Hope they make the final cut some day... whenever that might be.
And hopefully Andrew Watt hasn't over-produced/sterlized/ruined them

Well, Keiths teaser sounds pretty rootsy in my ears and certainly not over-produced. So here's hope that the new album offers at least something that's potentially likable for you. thumbs up

Date: June 6, 2023 02:49

VoodooLounge13

Willie Nelson just turned 90 (!!!), and he still performs live, records, and releases new albums! Not saying the Stones will be doing the same when they're 90, but hope so. They might even have this "new" album finished and released by then!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-06 02:50 by Hairball.

Date: June 6, 2023 03:07

wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

Sounds great. Where the hell we're gonna live? cool smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2023 07:40

Hairball
VoodooLounge13

Willie Nelson just turned 90 (!!!), and he still performs live, records, and releases new albums! Not saying the Stones will be doing the same when they're 90, but hope so. They might even have this "new" album finished and released by then!!!

Hope so!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 6, 2023 10:00

Hairball
VoodooLounge13

Yes, BUT, he just sits and plays guitar and sings. It's not a high energy rock show like what the Rolling Stones are known for ofcourse. I don't think Mick is ever going to just sit for an hour or two and sing country songs.. although I would love the idea.

Date: June 6, 2023 13:50

NilsHolgersson
Hairball
VoodooLounge13

Yes, BUT, he just sits and plays guitar and sings. It's not a high energy rock show like what the Rolling Stones are known for ofcourse. I don't think Mick is ever going to just sit for an hour or two and sing country songs.. although I would love the idea.

True enough Nils, but just to clarify, the main emphasis of my above post was on the writing, recording, and releasing of new and original material. That said, I've always loved that clip, and maybe eventually in a decade or so, that will be the future of the Stones...just Keith and Mick sitting on stools performing old acoustic tunes while reminiscing about the past.

Date: June 6, 2023 14:23

Or new acoustic tunes?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 7, 2023 19:03

retired_dog
It wouldn't surprise me if it actually turns out that the "mini-snippets" have nothing to do with the album at all. Some could be just jam tracks for Jagger to practise and showcase his harmonica skills, some could be Jagger solo tracks he's recording for fun or whatever solo project he has in mind, and Keith... well, his lonesome clip is just him checking a guitar with one of the most common basic blues riffs... It's just that they're aware that they could keep us happy for a while with these little lifesigns...

Yup! My thoughts too. And we fall for it every time. Crumbs from the table with scant regard for genuine fans who want REAL recordings, not noodlings. Even when the noodlings are mildly interesting. At least for a time...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 7, 2023 20:53

The Keith snippet is lovely.is it any relation to the ‘new album’? We’ll, he’s in a recording studio; why is that? Yes, because the Stones are still working on their next studio effort. One other ‘take’ from this clip, however: man, is he old! When I discovered the Stones in the very-late 90’s, he still had such a ferocious zip about him. Now, however, he’s your old pop, sat on a stool. It’s saddening in a way - time marches on, I guess - yet it’s still a fabulous little clip. Another chapter. Bring on the new album!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 7, 2023 23:19

NilsHolgersson
Hairball
VoodooLounge13

What a great clip! Looks to be a little older, but a great rendition of Country Honk! Would love for them to break out this gem! They really missed an opportunity to drastically mix up the setlists for the 60th. Do all kinds of things - hell even in a vein of charging more money: Come out and see our next tour, we're dusting off songs not heard in decades and some never before!!!

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 8, 2023 02:14

VoodooLounge13
NilsHolgersson
Hairball
VoodooLounge13

What a great clip! Looks to be a little older, but a great rendition of Country Honk! Would love for them to break out this gem! They really missed an opportunity to drastically mix up the setlists for the 60th. Do all kinds of things - hell even in a vein of charging more money: Come out and see our next tour, we're dusting off songs not heard in decades and some never before!!!

Man oh man, wouldn't that be just great? Dusting off some real rarities. Stuff they never ever did before. Oh yes!

And ain't it great to see those two old sparring partners hunkering down and just singing and playing for the heck of it? After all the spats, arguments, differences, barbed comments, it's a reminder that they have FAR MORE in common than all the books and magazines, and articles would have us believe.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 8, 2023 02:19

I like it, "those two old sparring partners...""just singing and playing for the heck of it."

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 8, 2023 08:07

Topi
Hairball
VoodooLounge13

Hope so!

Sloppy guitar playing but the song might have potential... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-08 16:35 by doitywoik.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 8, 2023 09:46

They didn't do it for the heck of it, they were filming a documentary and I seem to recall something about Country Honk having been written while they were in South America so this was probably carefully arranged by their staff

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 8, 2023 10:39

Nikkei
They didn't do it for the heck of it, they were filming a documentary and I seem to recall something about Country Honk having been written while they were in South America so this was probably carefully arranged by their staff

You may well be right there...

easy to imagine Mick going

" ...I'm not doing that ...Oh go on then, if it keeps you quiet! "

Date: June 8, 2023 11:05

Nikkei

Yes, of course it was.

Much like the Worried About You rehearsal at Gillette Stadium on the Four Flicks documentary DVD. Obviously staged, but great!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 8, 2023 11:29

Yeah I forgot to add that it's great and I'd love more of that. Don't wanna talk like a curmudgeon =)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...657658659660661662663664665666667...LastNext
Current Page: 662 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home