Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...655656657658659660661662663664665...LastNext
Current Page: 660 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 31, 2023 13:46

Manager: "Keith, the fans are getting antsy about the new album. Do you have anything to share?"

Keith: "Ok, I'll noodle a bit on a guitar and you can post it online to keep them excited and talking for a couple of weeks".

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2023 13:47

Great clip! Love the sound and vibe. To me it has an Exile sound and feel to it, and it also kind of reminds me of Back of my Hand. Would absolutely love to have that on the new album!!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 31, 2023 14:03

VoodooLounge13
Great clip! Love the sound and vibe. To me it has an Exile sound and feel to it, and it also kind of reminds me of Back of my Hand. Would absolutely love to have that on the new album!!!

I wish he'd play like that live on stage…

to me it sounds less like Exile but more like Robert Johnson style

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 31, 2023 14:14

Koen
Manager: "Keith, the fans are getting antsy about the new album. Do you have anything to share?"

Keith: "Ok, I'll noodle a bit on a guitar and you can post it online to keep them excited and talking for a couple of weeks".

Right? Even a photo would have been enough.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 31, 2023 15:22

Maybe from time to time Keith leaves a clip of himself playing to show he's still in love with the guitar, nothing more, nothing less.

Date: May 31, 2023 16:18

slewan
VoodooLounge13

I wish he'd play like that live on stage…

to me it sounds less like Exile but more like Robert Johnson style

He plays some of those licks every night on HTW!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 31, 2023 16:25

Ok, well like someone wrote I suppose it's good to see Keith playing a guitar...clearly not a "dynamite riff" though but I'm not sure who believed that "story".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 31, 2023 18:11

gotdablouse
Ok, well like someone wrote I suppose it's good to see Keith playing a guitar...clearly not a "dynamite riff" though but I'm not sure who believed that "story".

The killer riffs will be on the album smoking smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 31, 2023 18:34

Wasn’t impressed with Jaggers last snippet and it was bugging me because it sounded familiar and I couldn’t find it on the fully finished outtakes. Then I found a Prmitive Cool outtake DANGER UP AHEAD on YouTube. Hope not but it sounds like it

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 31, 2023 18:42

Bashlets
Wasn’t impressed with Jaggers last snippet and it was bugging me because it sounded familiar and I couldn’t find it on the fully finished outtakes. Then I found a Prmitive Cool outtake DANGER UP AHEAD on YouTube. Hope not but it sounds like it

It does kind of sound like that.

I like it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2023 18:43

Hopefully Keith will continue to post more!thumbs up

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 31, 2023 19:01

Kinda says it all about how expectations have flatlined! Now we all get excited by a few seconds of noodling/riffing/messing about by either Mick or Keith.

I noodle about/mess about/riff (very badly) on guitar every day. But I sure as heck ain't gonna be producing any new album either!!

Date: May 31, 2023 19:46

Hairball
Hopefully Keith will continue to post more!thumbs up

More mini-snippets?

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 31, 2023 19:47

The cynicism on this thread is astounding and maybe it should be. We know they've recorded at least one album's worth of material so even if the new album never happens there will be a wealth of outtakes that will leak at some point. Maybe that will be better since many here will probably complain and hate the production.

If this album has hit a snag is probably at least partly a difference of opinion in mixing since it seems Mick and Keith rarely see eye to eye there.

Date: May 31, 2023 20:03

GerardHennessy
Kinda says it all about how expectations have flatlined! Now we all get excited by a few seconds of noodling/riffing/messing about by either Mick or Keith.

Yes, but after the band has talked so much about it, and after so much time has passed since ABB (18 years and counting), anything is better than nothing.
Maybe this is the future of the band ...releasing mini-snippets and teasers...eventually they can release a compilation of all these mini-snippets...along with a deluxe edition, etc.
Of course I'm joking, but......................

"I don't know where the new album is, do you"? - Charlie Watts, Feb. 2018

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 31, 2023 21:09

I do find it silly to worry about the output of a band that has literally been around for over 60 years. Near octogenarians. I'll be delighted at any new material, or 30 second clip of guitar noodling in the studio. And I'll be thrilled about a new album, even if I don't love all the songs. Hopefully this new material will see the light of day sometime soon. But, you know, whenever. I've been a fan nearly all my life and got to see ten shows. I cannot complain.

Date: May 31, 2023 22:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-01 01:43 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 31, 2023 22:32

I am old school. 45 mins of that "Sonny" stuff and my album is done

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 1, 2023 01:31

With more than 5 months of waiting until the new album comes out, this thread will be loaded with daily spam of wishes, whining, off topic chat about anything except the new album....almost every post here from the last x+ years actually.

Tough months to come with the same thing over and over again day after day.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 1, 2023 02:10

well said.

Date: June 1, 2023 02:29

It's the journey, not the destination....winking smiley

This thread has certainly been something else...there've been good times, there've been bad times...it's had it's share of hard times too....
Several members have fallen by the wayside, while others are in it for the long haul...for the good, the bad, and the ugly...warts and all...keeping the hope alive...

That being said, wondering which band member will release the next tease...hmmm...lots of possibilities....

Maybe next they'll release a brand new Macca-mini-snippet - possibly an isolated twenty second soundbite of Macca playing bass!

Date: June 1, 2023 07:10

The guiding light of Macca will lead us to the destination, have no fear.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 1, 2023 08:14

keefriffhards
gotdablouse

Yeah, only question is, how many times ... smoking smiley

Date: June 1, 2023 09:20

doitywoik
keefriffhards
gotdablouse

Yeah, only question is, how many times ... smoking smiley

We are assured of three killer riffs minimum as legend has it winking smiley

Date: June 1, 2023 09:33

is there any reason to keep on recording songs that may not be up to the level that their heritage/musical patrimony deserves?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2023 09:44

...uuuuummmmmmm I know nothing ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 1, 2023 09:47

emotionalbarbecue
is there any reason to keep on recording songs that may not be up to the level that their heritage/musical patrimony deserves?

How would we know that this is happening?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 1, 2023 09:48

Rockman
...uuuuummmmmmm I know nothing ....

Not me either, but the ancient art of bullshitting is just fun...

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2023 09:58

.... OH!!! ...so in that case open the flood gates

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:09

emotionalbarbecue

Hmm.. Could it be that the reason making this album has taken so long has been exactly that: to try to make music that is somehow in the level of "their heritage/patrimony deserves", or to put it in Mick's simple words, that of being "not just good, but great".

But, to play Devil's advocate here, it is entirely possible that no matter how much they try they never achieve that aim, to have a product that they think is artistically good enough for them to release. In that case, it is totally their own artistic decision we should respect. They don't own us anything. They can just say 'sorry guys, we tried but we failed. We couldn't come up with stuff that meets our standards. We know that for some of you Keith noodling blues scale or us just jamming for a half an hour is all you need, but that's not good enough for us. Surely you will here all this stuff someday in some archive releases and bootlegs, but it is not something we feel like we could stand behind right now'.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-01 10:24 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...655656657658659660661662663664665...LastNext
Current Page: 660 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home