Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...654655656657658659660661662663664...LastNext
Current Page: 659 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 30, 2023 10:48

I'm not sure that Keith's time honoured method of holding up the antena and waiting for inspiration is compatible with most other folks' favoured production processes. grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2023 20:41

From Keith:

"Making music with “Sonny”
1967 Fender Telecaster Sunburst"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2023 20:48

Cristiano Radtke
From Keith:

[twitter.com]

Thanks Cristiano.

A few words come to mind: pureness, honesty, classy, and authenticity.
Hats off to Keith for keeping it real.thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2023 20:55

actually the guitar is way too young for him

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 30, 2023 20:56

Shouldn't this trigger responses about how Keith is just like Mick and needs to stop uploading short videos teasing us and give us real songs instead? It will be 30 years in September 2027 since the last album of Jagger-Richards originals was released after all...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 30, 2023 21:42

Nah, he's Keith, he gets a free pass.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: May 30, 2023 21:43

Rocky Dijon
Shouldn't this trigger responses about how Keith is just like Mick and needs to stop uploading short videos teasing us and give us real songs instead? It will be 30 years in September 2027 since the last album of Jagger-Richards originals was released after all...

A Bigger Bang is from 2005.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:08

RG
Rocky Dijon

Surely it is, but I am sure Rocky Dijon will have a good criterion why that one cannot be counted.

- Doxa

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:13

ain't it strange that the same time span has passed since Bigger Bang as it took them to get from Exile to become the Las Vegas Stones?

Date: May 30, 2023 22:22

Cristiano Radtke
From Keith:

[twitter.com]

Always nice to see and hear Keith playing the blues. Beautiful, idiosyncratic touch. I could listen this for ever. But, of course, if this is 'making music' probably the aims for creativity aren't that high any longer... (no, I don't think this is any of those 'dynamite riffs' he talked some years ago). Otherwise, if this is like a sketch for a song, it is very "early stages" once again...

But interesting that both of them are now teasing us with these short snippets. Cooking something to promote? A wake-up call?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 22:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:25

Rocky Dijon

LOL! Some comedy gold right there amd on the mark.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:29

always hoping for good news..what goes on in your mind if your 80 and everyone
is leaving the planet...just wondering

Date: May 30, 2023 22:30

slewan
ain't it strange that the same time span has passed since Bigger Bang as it took them to get from Exile to become the Las Vegas Stones?

And the same amount of time between their first album and Tattoo You...eye popping smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:47

Has the band ever been this quiet since 2012? We know there was supposed to be a tour that never happened, their may or may not be a new album, but other than Merch emails it appears all is quiet. No vault release, no special edition album, just quiet....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:53

...before the storm

ROCKMAN

Date: May 30, 2023 22:53

Doxa

Always nice to see and hear Keith playing the blues. Beautiful, idiosyncratic touch. I could listen this for ever. But, of course, if this is 'making music' probably the aims for creativity aren't that high any longer... (no, I don't think this is any of those 'dynamite riffs' he talked some years ago). Otherwise, if this is like a sketch for a song, it is very "early stages" once again...

But interesting that both of them are now teasing us with these short snippets. Cooking something to promote? A wake-up call?

- Doxa

Hearing Keith play like this doesn't make me longing for a new song or whatsoever.
The soft touch and sound he created here is timeless. He has nothing to prove anymore. He's playing for the love of the guitar. That's all that matters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 23:01 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: May 30, 2023 22:55

Rockman
...before the storm

thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 30, 2023 23:04

The little game between Keith and Mick - you see, I play alone on my side (me too) - is becoming ridiculous, tiresome and frankly laughable...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: May 30, 2023 23:16

powerage78
The little game between Keith and Mick - you see, I play alone on my side (me too) - is becoming ridiculous, tiresome and frankly laughable...

That's not a game. Let them have fun. They just love to play music.

Date: May 30, 2023 23:30

If the supposed "new" album is supposedly finished as has been previously mentioned, maybe Keith has had second thoughts since the postponement of the tour announcement. Could be he's keeping busy reworking the parts he was unhappy with that Andrew Watt had worked on/messed up. Or maybe he's keeping busy in the studio working on more solo material...certainly has a Crosseyed Heart vibe to it. Or maybe he's simply sharing his love for his old guitar...it sure is a beauty. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 23:43 by Hairball.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 31, 2023 00:38

Hairball
If the supposed "new" album is supposedly finished as has been previously mentioned, maybe Keith has had second thoughts since the postponement of the tour announcement. Could be he's keeping busy reworking the parts he was unhappy with that Andrew Watt had worked on/messed up. Or maybe he's keeping busy in the studio working on more solo material...certainly has a Crosseyed Heart vibe to it. Or maybe he's simply sharing his love for his old guitar...it sure is a beauty. thumbs up

"Certainly has a Crosseyed Heart vibe to it" - oh yeah. For starters, this is the same warmup blues riff as in the "final nervous rehearsal" shown in "Stones In The Park" 1969 movie, albeit in they key of A compared to G in 1969, and of course, without the added spice of Taylor's slide guitar. Nothing special, but if it makes you wetting your pants and fantasizing about Keith reworking the new album or recording more solo material (what about Keith scrapping the whole new album and recording "Blue And Lonesome Vol. 2" by the way?) I wonder what it will make to you if he'll actually come up with something ORIGINAL in the next short clip!

Date: May 31, 2023 00:48

Good to see Keith here...it's good to see Keith anywhere...he's almost 80!!!

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 31, 2023 00:55

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa

- Doxa

Hearing Keith play like this doesn't make me longing for a new song or whatsoever.
The soft touch and sound he created here is timeless. He has nothing to prove anymore. He's playing for the love of the guitar. That's all that matters.

Changing the vibe to something different. Let’s just have a wet pant moment for that set up, from the guitar, to the amps, to the mics. Marvellous marvellous, must be a truly delightful experience to play

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 31, 2023 01:24

Captainchaos
TheflyingDutchman
Doxa

- Doxa

Changing the vibe to something different. Let’s just have a wet pant moment for that set up, from the guitar, to the amps, to the mics. Marvellous marvellous, must be a truly
delightful experience to play

If anything like that is bound for a new Rolling Stones album we're going to be in good place with this record as fans.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 31, 2023 02:20

Doxa
RG

Surely it is, but I am sure Rocky Dijon will have a good criterion why that one cannot be counted.

- Doxa

Indeed I do, Doxa. In my rush to be a smart aleck, I actually missed an album! Keith playing for love of the music or Mick playing along with works-in-progress are a joy either way. Here's to the new album from The Rolling Stones. These tastes and reminders are simply appetizers for the long-awaited banquet for Stones beggars.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 31, 2023 05:17

Doxa
Cristiano Radtke
From Keith:

[twitter.com]

- Doxa

Judging from the activity in this thread, no wake-up call is needed.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 31, 2023 07:07

Hairball
Good to see Keith here...it's good to see Keith anywhere...he's almost 80!!!

There you go. 79 and counting!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 31, 2023 10:25

Cristiano Radtke
From Keith:

[twitter.com]

Very nice clip. Thanks for posting!

Date: May 31, 2023 11:47

doitywoik
Doxa
Cristiano Radtke
From Keith:

[twitter.com]

- Doxa

Judging from the activity in this thread, no wake-up call is needed.

True. We haven't slept for 17 years and counting. No wonder we might sound a bit tired... For almighty's sakes, give us the new album soon, so we can get a few hours sleep until we start counting again.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-31 11:48 by Doxa.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 31, 2023 13:42

Another earth shaking clip - after 18 years. Talk is cheap. Who said that? cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-31 13:44 by Bjorn.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...654655656657658659660661662663664...LastNext
Current Page: 659 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home