Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...649650651652653654655656657658659...LastNext
Current Page: 654 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 23, 2023 20:49

Easy Sleasy, also another good one. Maybe the best thing in years. Still hoping for a proper release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-23 20:50 by frankotero.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 23, 2023 22:42

Anyone able to make out any of the words? Is there any chance - IF the album is in the can - that Mick is actually working on another solo album now that there's no tour this year??

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 23, 2023 23:01

VoodooLounge13
Anyone able to make out any of the words? Is there any chance - IF the album is in the can - that Mick is actually working on another solo album now that there's no tour this year??
we hope and pray for any release
we got so much since 2010 or so
i got used to some kind of a new release every 9 months or so
the current silence is difficult to deal with

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 24, 2023 00:50

Couldn’t make out the words but it sounds familiar like he was strumming to one of the fully finished outtakes that were leaked about a year or two ago

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 24, 2023 00:51

Maybe it's for a solo album ? The guitar playing is pretty messy and the end reminds me of "Let's Work", the "Let's work, be proud Stand tall" part ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 24, 2023 06:09

It's from Fully Finished Outtakes Disk 4....hot smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 24, 2023 10:19

lotta people getting very opinionated about how good or bad an 11 second clip sounds

Re: Mick posting he is in the studio
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 24, 2023 12:05

Christiaan
on all social media

[fb.watch]

Haha Mick still playing the guitar like he's just had his first lesson, did he learn nothing from Ronnie and Keith.winking smiley

No wonder this album is taking 18 years to complete if the commander is in control.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 24, 2023 12:27

That's Charlie on drums if i'm not mistaken.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 24, 2023 12:34

ribbelchips

I would agree but am not sure. The sound is really thin - so hard to tell. Could also be a Mick Jagger solo song.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 24, 2023 12:55

keefriffhards
Christiaan
on all social media

[fb.watch]

Haha Mick still playing the guitar like he's just had his first lesson, did he learn nothing from Ronnie and Keith.winking smiley

No wonder this album is taking 18 years to complete if the commander is in control.

Strange talk. That is great rhythm work, even a text book lesson for a Stones groove. Basically simple, but asks the right feel and sense of rhythm. The way Mick uses his right hand, hitting the chords at the right moment, but leaving enough of open space to emphasize the effect. No rocket science, but no bullshitting either. You do not appreciate it, but I am sure your hero Keith - who knows something about the Stones groove - would see the beauty of it.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-24 12:58 by Doxa.

Date: May 24, 2023 13:03

Doxa
keefriffhards
Christiaan
on all social media

[fb.watch]

Strange talk. That is great rhythm work, even a text book lesson for a Stones groove. Basically simple, but asks the right feel and sense of rhythm. The way Mick uses his right hand, hitting the chords at the right moment, but leaving enough of open space to emphasize the effect. No rocket science, but no bullshitting either. You do not appreciate it, but I am sure your hero Keith - who knows something about the Stones groove - would see the beauty of it.

- Doxa

Jagger proved his rhythm guitar qualities as far back as Sway or Fingerprint File already. It took me 20 bloody years or so to discover it wasn't Keith, thanks to track talk. You'll only notice it when you know it.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-24 13:14 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2023 13:03

.....lurv ya Mick ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 24, 2023 13:57

frankotero
Easy Sleasy, also another good one. Maybe the best thing in years. Still hoping for a proper release.

Horrid

No Riff

No tune

No melody

No good

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 24, 2023 17:20

bitusa2012
frankotero

Horrid

No Riff

No tune

No melody

No good

With due respect, it doesn't seem like you understand the definitions of 'riff' or 'tune' or 'melody'.

You may not like the song or its component parts, but that doesn't mean it's lacking any of these attributes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 24, 2023 17:50

schwonek
ribbelchips

I would agree but am not sure. The sound is really thin - so hard to tell. Could also be a Mick Jagger solo song.

That's what it sounds like and it would have to be right since we're being told that that the "new Stones album" is finished !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 24, 2023 20:16

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa
keefriffhards
Christiaan
on all social media

[fb.watch]

- Doxa

Jagger proved his rhythm guitar qualities as far back as Sway or Fingerprint File already. It took me 20 bloody years or so to discover it wasn't Keith, thanks to track talk. You'll only notice it when you know it.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Haha.. For me similar case was with "Stop Breakin' Down". For years I believed that that bad-ass rhythm guitar (one of the most striking blues guitar things I ever heard) can only be Keith Richards.

Mick's touch is a pretty rough generally, amateur-like - really a strummer - not having that finesse as someone like Keith or Ronnie has (or any pro or 'real' guitarist has), but his sense of rhythm is a spot on. Some of that is natural I guess, but surely following Keith's doings has been a big inspiration to him. Keith has an idiosyncratic sense of timing (probably impossible for anyone to copy convincingly), but Mick, usually hitting more on the beat, does a fine work in that Richardsian framework.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-24 20:20 by Doxa.

Date: May 24, 2023 20:47

treaclefingers
bitusa2012
frankotero

Horrid

No Riff

No tune

No melody

No good

With due respect, it doesn't seem like you understand the definitions of 'riff' or 'tune' or 'melody'.

You may not like the song or its component parts, but that doesn't mean it's lacking any of these attributes.

Well, what did Mick once said. "We are just making noise, but I'm glad if you call it music".grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: May 24, 2023 22:49

18 years fans have been told a studio album is in the pipeline, Mick years back saying he had 50 demo's etc, every so often he sends out clips like look at me with my creative muse, it just gets embarrassing after almost 20 years.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 24, 2023 22:53

Your posting is embarrassing mate.

Date: May 24, 2023 23:01

keefriffhards
18 years fans have been told a studio album is in the pipeline, Mick years back saying he had 50 demo's etc, every so often he sends out clips like look at me with my creative muse, it just gets embarrassing after almost 20 years.

Hmm...Probably in some world of alternative facts the fans are told that (people hear things), but those who are interested in the realm of ordinary facts know that the idea of making a new album did not occur until 2015. But of course, opinions dictate facts these days, so...

Besides, Jagger never said anything about his demos. Someone else has. But, of course, this fact neither matter in the world of Rolling Stones fans whose life is made miserable by the existence of Mick Jagger.

But go on. There is still a lot of hatred to share. Some people always need someone to blame and hate to have a point in one's life I guess.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-24 23:14 by Doxa.

Date: May 24, 2023 23:14

No studio album of originals in 18 years, fact. What more facts do you need.
This from a band that has toured golden oldies every year since 2012 with the exception of 2021.

Let's hope this album finally shows up this year or next because it's getting a bit silly at this point.
Almost 700 pages.

Date: May 24, 2023 23:26

keefriffhards
This from a band that has toured golden oldies every year since 2012 with the exception of 2021.

Let's hope this album finally shows up this year or next because it's getting a bit silly at this point.
Almost 700 pages.

First you bullshit with your constant Jagger-hatred (one cannot love Keith Richards without hating Mick Jagger, right?), and then you remove the goal posts once you are caught by your bullshit. Yes, you did finally discover one (trivial) fact that has a correspondence to reality. Not that big or novel discovery in this thread, but congratulations.

Only you are getting silly at this point. Think, for example, Tina, and get a life.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-24 23:26 by Doxa.

Date: May 24, 2023 23:29

Why would you bring Tina into it you sad freak

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 24, 2023 23:36

Doxa
keefriffhards

Hmm...Probably in some world of alternative facts the fans are told that (people hear things), but those who are interested in the realm of ordinary facts know that the idea of making a new album did not occur until 2015. But of course, opinions dictate facts these days, so...

Besides, Jagger never said anything about his demos. Someone else has. But, of course, this fact neither matter in the world of Rolling Stones fans whose life is made miserable by the existence of Mick Jagger.

But go on. There is still a lot of hatred to share. Some people always need someone to blame and hate to have a point in one's life I guess.

- Doxa

+ 1

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 24, 2023 23:36

I am surprised how so many here don't believe Mick is playing along to a Stones backing track. It was obvious to me on first listen. At the tail end of the clip you hear Keith coming in vocals on whatever recording Mick is playing along to. I'm not even sure if Mick is even plugged in.

Maybe its a snippet of the first track they areplanning to release.

Date: May 24, 2023 23:55

keefriffhards
Why would you bring Tina into it you sad freak

To get some perspective on things. Remember Charlie Watts. You call it 'silly' that some people reaching their 80th birthday do not deliver the goods according to your wishes. Who is silly here? Or even damn selfish and small-minded. Like they owe you something, and if they don't do that, you like a spoiled child start calling them names, yell out or whatever.

Personally, I enjoy the every moment I know my favourite band still exists and I have still sort of realistic hopes to hear new music from them or even see them live some day. Neither might ever happen but it is still possible. Soon, who knows when, that is not possible even in a theory. But I don't worry about that now. I enjoy and cherish the ride while it lasts. As a Stones fan for 42 years I feel myself extremily lucky to be still in this privileged position.

I want to see the scenario when you go to Keith Richards and say 'Hey, what you guys do is silly'. I might guess his reaction.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-25 00:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 24, 2023 23:59

keefriffhards

Almost 700 pages.

The Rolling Stones have always done things their way. That is a fact, and it deserves our respect. They owe us nothing, but you somehow think otherwise. Laughable.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 25, 2023 00:05

The Rolling Stones have always done things their way.

No truer words have been spoken MK...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 25, 2023 00:26

MKjan
keefriffhards

Almost 700 pages.

The Rolling Stones have always done things their way. That is a fact, and it deserves our respect. They owe us nothing, but you somehow think otherwise. Laughable.

No need for all this, look at people like Dylan and Clapton, other great heroes of mine, they still put out great product. I'm a huge fan of the Stones obviously and I'm fully aware they owe us nothing, I'm saying that all the time, but to keep saying the album is coming and it hasn't is getting disappointing

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...649650651652653654655656657658659...LastNext
Current Page: 654 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home