Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...647648649650651652653654655656657...LastNext
Current Page: 652 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 20, 2023 12:17

GasLightStreet
micha063
Thy toured again since 2012 and their shows still are on top level. They have fun and enjoy doing it as we do.
They earn a lot of money doing it, because millions of people went to see them live.
They don't need a new album. And if it's not successful, they damage their extreme successfull career.
Blue And Lonesome was done quickly and without any risk.
I enjoyed the last decade with the Stones a lot! My memories of the shows are great. I'm fine. Anything from now is an extra, a bonus. I don't expect anything.

Not true.

At this point in their career nothing can damage their "career" in regard to their artistic output.

If that's what you're implying it's not true at all.

Otherwise, micha063, you have zero to say.

Keep it that way.

Micha063 has EVERY RIGHT to say whatever he wants to say. No one, apart from BW, has either the right or the authority to tell anyone else they 'have zero to say'. Or direct them to 'keep it that way'.

This is a site for ALL Rolling Stones fans. There are millions of us. And because there are so many of us, there are literally thousands of different ideas, opinions, views, considerations and perspectives on the band, on the music, on touring, on recording, on performances and just about anything else you can think of. And they are ALL valid. It is not, and should never be, a place where only the opinions we agree with can be posted.

In fact I happen to disagree with Micha063's point. But I totally defend his right to make it, and to be able to do so without being put down in any way. Heaven help us all if a facility designed to bring debate, discussion, conversation and pleasure to those of us who love The Stones descends into a place of dismissal, disrespect and harshness.

Let us get our Rocks Off in peace!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 20, 2023 16:20

Peace! smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2023 17:42

Bjorn
Peace! smiling smiley

brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, what for are we fighting?!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 20, 2023 18:12

Yikes, people having their own opinions. What's the world coming to! Hey Treacle, how's that for sarcasm.winking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 20, 2023 18:55

GerardHennessy
GasLightStreet
micha063
Thy toured again since 2012 and their shows still are on top level. They have fun and enjoy doing it as we do.
They earn a lot of money doing it, because millions of people went to see them live.
They don't need a new album. And if it's not successful, they damage their extreme successfull career.
I enjoyed the last decade with the Stones a lot! My memories of the shows are great. I'm fine. Anything from now is an extra, a bonus. I don't expect anything.

Not true.

At this point in their career nothing can damage their "career" in regard to their artistic output.

Keep it that way.

Micha063 has EVERY RIGHT to say whatever he wants to say. No one, apart from BW, has either the right or the authority to tell anyone else they 'have zero to say'. Or direct them to 'keep it that way'.

This is a site for ALL Rolling Stones fans. There are millions of us. And because there are so many of us, there are literally thousands of different ideas, opinions, views, considerations and perspectives on the band, on the music, on touring, on recording, on performances and just about anything else you can think of. And they are ALL valid. It is not, and should never be, a place where only the opinions we agree with can be posted.

In fact I happen to disagree with Micha063's point. But I totally defend his right to make it, and to be able to do so without being put down in any way. Heaven help us all if a facility designed to bring debate, discussion, conversation and pleasure to those of us who love The Stones descends into a place of dismissal, disrespect and harshness.

I say whatever I want to say. Offending people and telling them to shut up, when they have a different opinion is a poor behaveor.

Date: May 20, 2023 22:52

micha063
GerardHennessy
GasLightStreet
micha063

Not true.

Keep it that way.

I say whatever I want to say. Offending people and telling them to shut up, when they have a different opinion is a poor behaveor.

Well said Micha063. There is no need for any disrespect here. There is no need for fighting or for anything except peace. I echo what both Bjorn and Treaclefingers have said. We are ALL Stones fans good people. Lets celebrate that fact, and the band itself. We are blessed to still have it!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 21, 2023 06:45

GerardHennessy
micha063
GerardHennessy
GasLightStreet
micha063

Such alarmism! Do you work for Farce News?

"...if it's not successful, they damage their extreme successfull career."

Not true.

Keep it that way.

Well said Micha063. There is no need for any disrespect here. There is no need for fighting or for anything except peace. I echo what both Bjorn and Treaclefingers have said. We are ALL Stones fans good people. Lets celebrate that fact, and the band itself. We are blessed to still have it!

Fine.

Say whatever you want to say. Freeiot yourself.

Metallica released an album called LOAD a while ago. And that is exactly what you're espousing.

At this point in the Stones' career nothing can damage their "career" in regard to their artistic output.

Explain how having the point of view that someone that says they shouldn't release new music tarnishes their reputation and how "they damage their extreme successfull career", ffs, with a new record.

Go ahead and say whatever you want to say but there's always a consequence for that, especially when it's ridiculous and ignorant.

You and anyone else doesn't have to buy or listen to the new record. You can keep you whatever timeline in tact.

But your opinion about my opinion - empty. Weak. Spineless. A flutter of worthlessness.

You gonna tell Mick to his face that it's useless?

Go ahead. Be the tough guy with an opinion.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 21, 2023 07:49

At this stage a bad album cannot really damage their career. In the worst case it will sink without a trace. And then, they have not released a really bad album so far. Even if the new album isn't Sticky Fingers it will certainly be nothing to be ashamed of.

Date: May 21, 2023 09:52

Take into consideration Let It Be. Personally I never loved that album but it never affected my love for The Beatles. Plus they’re still kind of popular winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 21, 2023 10:29

GasLightStreet
GerardHennessy
micha063
GerardHennessy
GasLightStreet
micha063

Not true.

Keep it that way.

Fine.

Metallica released an album called LOAD a while ago. And that is exactly what you're espousing.

At this point in the Stones' career nothing can damage their "career" in regard to their artistic output.

Explain how having the point of view that someone that says they shouldn't release new music tarnishes their reputation and how "they damage their extreme successfull career", ffs, with a new record.

Go ahead and say whatever you want to say but there's always a consequence for that, especially when it's ridiculous and ignorant.

You and anyone else doesn't have to buy or listen to the new record. You can keep you whatever timeline in tact.

But your opinion about my opinion - empty. Weak. Spineless. A flutter of worthlessness.

Sort of like… as compared to yourself?

Rod

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 21, 2023 15:56

I know it's a good thing to stand up for the underdog, but it doesn't sound like micha063 was intimidated one bit. Still posting and with the attitude of "I'll say what I like" doesn't sound like someone who needs a crowd backing him to get back in the game. What we had was a typical passionate fans disagreement that would blow over sooner if it's not prolonged. And yeah, no one needs to be silenced and that includes people who disagree. I almost miss reading b.s. posts about hitting walls and having Milli Vanilli as guests on the new album.

Date: May 21, 2023 16:09

Rocky Dijon
I know it's a good thing to stand up for the underdog, but it doesn't sound like micha063 was intimidated one bit. Still posting and with the attitude of "I'll say what I like" doesn't sound like someone who needs a crowd backing him to get back in the game. What we had was a typical passionate fans disagreement that would blow over sooner if it's not prolonged. And yeah, no one needs to be silenced and that includes people who disagree. I almost miss reading b.s. posts about hitting walls and having Milli Vanilli as guests on the new album.

The beauty of having Milli Vanilli on the new album is...think about it...that you wouldn't actually hear them as they'd be lip syncing. In fact, they could probably help Mick with his lip syncing for the videos (Start Me Up, prima facia evidence), as they're pretty damn good at it.

Unfortunately I think one of them has passed, so this will never come to fruition.

Date: May 21, 2023 16:09

Rocky Dijon

The beauty of having Milli Vanilli on the new album is...think about it...that you wouldn't actually hear them as they'd be lip syncing. In fact, they could probably help Mick with his lip syncing for the videos (Start Me Up, prima facia evidence), as they're pretty damn good at it.

Unfortunately I think one of them has passed, so this will never come to fruition.

Oh yeah, you can blame it on something. Blame it on the rain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-21 17:45 by treaclefingers.

Date: May 21, 2023 17:34

Rocky Dijon

I figure they might be having Art Intelli instead.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 22, 2023 05:26

bitusa2012
GasLightStreet
GerardHennessy
micha063
GerardHennessy
GasLightStreet
micha063

Not true.

Keep it that way.

Fine.

No.

How you read into that is not anything on me. You know damn well the aspect of knowledge in regards to facts and opinions, the latter being usually weak, in general. Not you - you know what you're talking about.

For someone to shout that the possible new LP could "damage their extreme successfull career" if it doesn't sell/isn't successful enough?

That's ridiculous. It's out of touch.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 22, 2023 06:17

frankotero
Take into consideration Let It Be. Personally I never loved that album but it never affected my love for The Beatles. Plus they’re still kind of popular winking smiley

I’ve always loved Let It Be myself. My 2nd favorite of theirs and a mighty fine road trip album!!!

Date: May 22, 2023 08:22

GasLightStreet
bitusa2012
GasLightStreet
GerardHennessy
micha063
GerardHennessy
GasLightStreet
micha063

Not true.

Keep it that way.

Fine.

No.

How you read into that is not anything on me. You know damn well the aspect of knowledge in regards to facts and opinions, the latter being usually weak, in general. Not you - you know what you're talking about.

For someone to shout that the possible new LP could "damage their extreme successfull career" if it doesn't sell/isn't successful enough?

That's ridiculous. It's out of touch.

Yes, you are the holder of truth and of course you the right to shout down everybody, who doesn't respect this matter of fact.

It starts to get ridiculous.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 22, 2023 09:11

micha063, you're the star of this thread now! Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame!

Date: May 22, 2023 09:29

retired_dog
micha063, you're the star of this thread now! Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame!

Neither I want nor I need any kind of fame. I find it strange, that a simple statement of thoughts leeds to an emotional fight like it did.
Why?

Posted by: mkbbcmr ()
Date: May 22, 2023 09:57

frankotero

Funny how you manage to inject every thread, regardless of its topic, with your love for the bloody Beatles. Borders on obsession. But don't get me wrong, you are perfectly entitled to spread your love anywhere you like even if it seems to be more than a little misguided. To a certain extent I can even sympathise, having been a diehard fan of the fresh-faced foursome myself, in 1963 when I was 13.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 22, 2023 11:00

Metallica's Load was considered a disappointment compared to their 'black album' when it was just released, but in hindsight, it wasn't that bad at all.

St. Anger and Lulu were yet to come grinning smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 22, 2023 11:10

GasLightStreet
Fine.

Not only has micha the right (obviously) to say what he thinks, as a matter of fact I think he was not going far enough. Not only would another mediocre album damage their reputation, their last 30 or 40 years of mediocre albums have already considerably done so. Let's face it, no-one takes the Stones output post-Tattoo You seriously on any artistic level. Sure, there were hidden gems on a few of those albums, but none of those albums come even close to the greatness they used to have. And they know it. Of course they do. There's no need to tell them face to face that their latest work is useless, why do think they are so hesitant to bring out new stuff?
Both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards might have gotten a chance keeping some artistic credibility if they would have gone on with their solo careers, but Mick just didn't manage to get something really good out of it and for Keith the Stones were always number one.
They are an entertainment band now, and there's nothing wrong with that, but they used to be more than that. Much more. Denying that is not doing the Stones any service, on the contrary, it's neglecting the greatness of Beggar's Banquet, Let it Bleed, Exile, SG, and Tattoo You.
In their defense, I don't think there's any band nowadays that can be compared to the great bands of the 60s and 70s, at least not in guitar-based rock.
Any new album they bring out will satisfy the diehard fans (which are still many), some critics will dutifully describe it as "the Stones are back again" and then it will be forgotten, even by most of the diehard fans. That's what happened to DW, VL, BtoB, ABB and B&L. (And we all know they hardly play any of the songs of those albums live, don't we?)
By the way and no offence but if you are so upset by people saying these things, maybe that's because you have some nagging doubts yourself? Otherwise: why would you care? If someone would tell me that Exile is nonsense, I would obviously shrug my shoulders and just move on, since that person clearly doesn't have ears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-22 11:12 by matxil.

Date: May 22, 2023 13:22

mkbbcmr

Funny how you manage to inject every thread, regardless of its topic, with your love for the bloody Beatles. Borders on obsession. But don't get me wrong, you are perfectly entitled to spread your love anywhere you like even if it seems to be more than a little misguided. To a certain extent I can even sympathise, having been a diehard fan of the fresh-faced foursome myself, in 1963 when I was 13.

Every thread? Pretty sure I only talk about The Beatles in it’s own thread. Feel free to prove me wrong if you want. Furthermore I was making a point about the other big band and their final album. I fail to see the harm in that.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: May 22, 2023 14:25

I think the "NEW" Album will be a kind of leftovers and Solorecordings with a little help from their Friends! They are no STUDIOBAND in these days!

Date: May 22, 2023 14:34

Rambler62
I think the "NEW" Album will be a kind of leftovers and Solorecordings with a little help from their Friends! They are no STUDIOBAND in these days!

If that were true they wouldn't have used almost two decades to finalise the album, imo.

The song clips they have posted from the studio didn't sound like leftovers, either.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 22, 2023 15:05

I have a good feeling it will be at least very good. Fingers crossed for great.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 22, 2023 15:59

Regarding any talk of ‘ruining their legacy’, etc: the Stones’ legendary status is long cemented. Post ’81 and the excellent Tattoo You, they’ve released a stinker, Dirty Work, and several so-so and ‘quite good’ albums. I genuinely don’t believe it is possible for them to tarnish their reputation, as a legendary act, as it’s set in stone with their touring history and truly classic works: Beggars Banquet – Exile on Main Street, plus all those magnificent 60’s singles. I do suspect that any critic will expect a new Stones release to be of substance, yet surely nobody is expecting a ground-breaking set of songs from three elderly musicians who’ve already shaped a musical landscape, though be it, decades ago. I suspect most of us here will merely settle for something ‘quite good’ That’s what was delivered with Blue & Lonesome – in my eyes, anyway – and that is what I predict we’ll get soon. So, relax: their legacy will remain as it is: one of the most legendary, beloved rock n’ roll institutions; perhaps, dare I suggest, the most beloved and cherished.

Date: May 22, 2023 17:19

Rambler62

If we were to believe the Nepali source, we will get something like B2B reloaded.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 22, 2023 17:38

I suppose the bigger question is who is assessing their legacy? The band has relevance primarily to a fan base that is already at or rapidly approaching retirement age. I used to believe Danny and the Juniors were correct, then I lived long enough to realize most of popular culture fails to stand the test of time.

Date: May 22, 2023 18:43

Rocky Dijon
I suppose the bigger question is who is assessing their legacy? The band has relevance primarily to a fan base that is already at or rapidly approaching retirement age. I used to believe Danny and the Juniors were correct, then I lived long enough to realize most of popular culture fails to stand the test of time.

Bang on! 100%. Its all of supreme importance to the majority of us here. But not so much to anyone else. I know loads of people who go to Stones concerts. Roughly 75% of them go out of a mixture of curiosity, star spotting, because it is something to do, or out of habit. They know very little about the band, its history, its musical legacy or anything deep! They like to nip long, sing the bits of Satisfaction, Start Me Up or Jumpin'Jack Flash that they know, get the beers in when any non-warhorse numbers are played (The Last Time, 19th Nervour Breakdown), and become Rolling Stones fans for the evening...

My own family, who are all massive music fans, think The Stones are now a rather quaint anachronism. A museum piece more interesting because of their collective age than anything else. And certainly of little interest musically. Unlike me, my daughters, sons and grandchildren would not be seen dead at a Stones gig. Which is absolutely fine. I still smile secretly to myself and remember when they really were leading edge. When they were mad, bad and dangerous to know. And no one is ever gonna take that away from me...

Of course those days are gone. Never to return. But what a ride it has been my friends. And then some...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...647648649650651652653654655656657...LastNext
Current Page: 652 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home