Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...646647648649650651652653654655656...LastNext
Current Page: 651 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2023 06:02

I don't care how old they are. They're still artists. And they do come up with the nice single from time to time. That thing Mick did with Dave Grohl proves Mick can still rock. I'm actually looking forward to whatever they come up with.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 19, 2023 06:35

micha063
Thy toured again since 2012 and their shows still are on top level. They have fun and enjoy doing it as we do.
They earn a lot of money doing it, because millions of people went to see them live.
They don't need a new album. And if it's not successful, they damage their extreme successfull career.
Blue And Lonesome was done quickly and without any risk.
I enjoyed the last decade with the Stones a lot! My memories of the shows are great. I'm fine. Anything from now is an extra, a bonus. I don't expect anything.

Not true.

At this point in their career nothing can damage their "career" in regard to their artistic output.

If that's what you're implying it's not true at all.

Otherwise, micha063, you have zero to say.

Keep it that way.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 19, 2023 07:16

[rockfeed.co.in]

Mick Jagger shed light on the band’s creative process and revealed that their latest album “Almost Took a Year to Make.”

A year ?????
Is Mick taking the piss ?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 19, 2023 07:29

I guess he means almost a year of pure studio time. That sounds quite realistic to me.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 19, 2023 08:15

The interviewer heard it???

Quote:

The dedication to quality and craftsmanship is evident in the final product. The album, which is yet to be titled, features a collection of tracks that showcase the Rolling Stones‘ signature sound while exploring new musical territories. Jagger expressed his excitement about the album, stating, “It’s a diverse collection of songs that reflects our growth as musicians. We wanted to push ourselves creatively and deliver something that our fans would truly enjoy.”

Unquote

Rod

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 19, 2023 09:11

Honestly is this a reliable source? The article seems to be so generic that it could have been written by an AI. No word on any other band members than Mick! And has Mick really talked that open about the new record including a release date? I can't Imagine.

Date: May 19, 2023 09:45

Doesn't seem to be an interview the writer conducted himself: "In a recent interview, lead singer Mick Jagger shed light on ..."
I can't recall any interview(s) where Mick said such things - also, they would have been posted here as soon as they were out. Could this be cobbled together from bits and pieces from statements over the past couple of years? - Still, all this doesn't sound very Mick-ish to me (but what do I know).

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 19, 2023 10:26

No..doesn't sound like Mick at all . He's too guarded to stick his neck out like that.

He'd only make comments like that with a favourable reception after the release.

Too crafty by half is our Mick.grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 19, 2023 10:38

Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

Mick Jagger shed light on the band’s creative process and revealed that their latest album “Almost Took a Year to Make.”

A year ?????

Is this too good to be true? "Recent interview?"????

But if true, Mamma Mia...

- Doxa

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2023 11:13

"Rock Feed LLC is a news and media company based in Birendranagar Surkhet, Nepal."

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 19, 2023 11:20

Doxa
Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

A year ?????

Is this too good to be true? "Recent interview?"????

But if true, Mamma Mia...

- Doxa

It's about Satanic ...
[www.imdb.com]

Date: May 19, 2023 11:21

I guess "cheat sheet" is right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-19 11:22 by Topi.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2023 12:35

Read This All Together (See What Happens)

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 19, 2023 13:11

A new 45 minute version of Gomper ?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 19, 2023 13:39

Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

Fake article from a dubious website with no source/link to the purported "recent interview".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2023 14:52

Topi
"Rock Feed LLC is a news and media company based in Birendranagar Surkhet, Nepal."

So in other words, it is a relatively high up news and media company, at least from an elevation POV.

Date: May 19, 2023 17:16

The "Almost took a year to make" would only work if they scrapped everything they did up to (and including) 2021 and started from scratch again - in which case they had bonus material for three bonus CDs for the 50th anniversary of the new album.

Date: May 19, 2023 20:01

treaclefingers
Topi

So in other words, it is a relatively high up news and media company, at least from an elevation POV.

Yes, I have always looked up to them.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 19, 2023 20:10

"Almost a year to make" good title for a song, a tongue in cheek remake of a great ballad

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2023 23:40

Topi
treaclefingers
Topi

Yes, I have always looked up to them.

And I'm sherpa-leezed with the service.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 20, 2023 01:46

The credibilty of that "interview" seems dubious but I am surprised why people only seem to mind the "almost one year" claim. It is full of Jagger saying so (too) positive things, and the only thing people are interested in is the one they can bitch about..

Damn, I wish that story would hold true, but I cannot.

-Doxa

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2023 03:59

Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

A year ?????

Keith also shed some light in a recent interview, but no source was given:

"We hit a wall, and we hit it hard man. But we bounced back, and we bounced back greater than ever...man.
The new album will be the best since Exile...in fact possibly the greatest rock and roll record ever made pal. If we ever get it finished.
Stay tuned and stay positive, but to quote my pal Mick "don't hold your breath"....18 years and counting...it's only rock and roll....good to be here, good to be anywhere...man".

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 20, 2023 05:11

“The best since exile” what a joke grinning smiley confused smiley

Date: May 20, 2023 06:43

Hairball
Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

A year ?????

"We hit a wall, and we hit it hard man. But we bounced back, and we bounced back greater than ever...man.
The new album will be the best since Exile...in fact possibly the greatest rock and roll record ever made pal. If we ever get it finished.
Stay tuned and stay positive, but to quote my pal Mick "don't hold your breath"....18 years and counting...it's only rock and roll....good to be here, good to be anywhere...man".

You missed a "baby".

Date: May 20, 2023 06:45

Koen
“The best since exile” what a joke grinning smiley confused smiley

Should have been "The best since Sticky Fingers" ... winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2023 07:21

Hairball
Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

A year ?????

Keith looked around the studio:

There's me, Charlie, Ronnie, Mick... we're on track, mate. It's The Rolling Stones, you know? We're riding high, the best we've sounded in years. We're still growing. Maturing. And then, you know, life changed. Charlie, my poor dear. But we've got Steve and we're tight. The shows have been great, the new recordings in Jamaica... ha haaaaa. You know, it's just... there.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 20, 2023 08:10

doitywoik
Hairball
Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

A year ?????

You missed a "baby".

Political incorrect since some time. Keith has learned his lesson from the Brown Sugar affair!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 20, 2023 08:11

GasLightStreet
Hairball
Deathgod
[rockfeed.co.in]

A year ?????

Keith looked around the studio:

There's me, Charlie, Ronnie, Mick... we're on track, mate. It's The Rolling Stones, you know? We're riding high, the best we've sounded in years. We're still growing. Maturing. And then, you know, life changed. Charlie, my poor dear. But we've got Steve and we're tight. The shows have been great, the new recordings in Jamaica... ha haaaaa. You know, it's just... there.

Almost too authentic Keith to believe!

Date: May 20, 2023 09:23

How about a Ronnie quote?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-20 09:25 by Topi.

Date: May 20, 2023 10:11

Topi
How about a Ronnie quote?

Ronnie has no say, so no Ronnie quote. But he'll certainly paint the studio setlists.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...646647648649650651652653654655656...LastNext
Current Page: 651 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home