Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...642643644645646647648649650651652...LastNext
Current Page: 647 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 4, 2023 16:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
doitywoik
Elmo Lewis
Just pick out 12 and release 'em already!

Which 12, out of 50+? They could spend years contemplating that question.

They should use the IORR members as a expert panel.

This would indeed be the quickest way, and fairly simple: release them all, and release them now!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 5, 2023 01:47

doitywoik
PaintMonkeyManBlack
doitywoik
Elmo Lewis

This would indeed be the quickest way, and fairly simple: release them all, and release them now!

OK it's settled. Release them in alphabetical order, over 4 albums, one every 6 months. It's the 60s, right?

Date: May 5, 2023 02:18

treaclefingers
doitywoik
PaintMonkeyManBlack
doitywoik
Elmo Lewis

OK it's settled. Release them in alphabetical order, over 4 albums, one every 6 months. It's the 60s, right?

Album or song? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-05 02:19 by doitywoik.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 5, 2023 03:09

Whatever

Date: May 6, 2023 06:51

Elmo Lewis
Whatever

50 songs and one song released every 6 month will result in a 25 year wait for the last song. I'd rather go with an album every 6 month. winking smiley

Date: May 8, 2023 05:08

24FPS
I'm not as worried about getting an album in the fall, as I am about no new product until then. There's been no noise or whispers about a vault release.

Maybe the new album will be the next vault release. So long in the making, certainly qualifies as one, with tracks sitting in the vault for many years.

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: May 8, 2023 12:23

honestly , sick and tired of the issue,i think we will go to 1.000 pages.

next albun title must be : AGAIN WITH THE @#$%& VAULTS..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 8, 2023 13:21

an adequate title for the new album is 'Procrastination'

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 8, 2023 13:24

Imagine all those studio sessions ultimately resulting in 4 or 5 'new tracks' on yet another compilation album and that the quality of those songs are just on par with Stealing my heart and keys to your Love... grinning smiley

Man, that would suck.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 8, 2023 13:51

Hairball
Big Al
So, Keith is reportedly unhappy with this so-called ‘modern’ producer. It’s 2023! Until his misgivings - which we’ll never know, I’m sure - are aired, any issues Keith has will remain meaningless to us. There’s no context. What is it that this producer is doing ‘wrong’, exactly? It’s not a contemporary R&B or dance-oriented record, is it? It’s a ‘rock’ record. Im not sure how Keith can be unhappy. What, is the producer daring to not make use of analogue, antiquated equipment? Again: it’s 2023! Let’s have a fresh, modern record, blended with the Stones’ traditional values.

Andrew Watt also played guitar on every track on the new Iggy album which he produced, as well as most tracks on the Ozzy album which he also a produced.
Could it be that Andrew Watt was trying to force his guitar playing on to the Stones album, and if so could this be the "production tactics" that Keith is having problems with?
They already have two guitar players in Keith and Ronnie (three if you include Mick), so Keith might have valid complaints if Watt is attempting to make his presence felt in ways that aren't necessarily welcome.

That’s a valid point, Hairball. It could very well be that Keith is unhappy with Andrew Watt possibly being a little too ‘hands-on’, so to speak. If we look back to the Bridges to Babylon sessions, Keith certainly wasn’t impressed with those who considered to be too involved. In fact, didn’t the sessions almost look like two solo albums?

Date: May 8, 2023 15:31

Since we will never know how Keith's version of the album (or of particular songs) would have sounded it is hard to know what exactly he is unhappy with, unless he speaks out to the media. Can't recall right now the source for Keith's purported unhappiness with Andrew Watts, maybe just a rumour anyway? Otherwise, funny we hardly ever wonder in which respect Mick might be unhappy with Keith's ideas and what the album would have sounded like if Mick had all the say. Whatever the result to be released, it will be a compromise of sorts between the two anyway.

Date: May 8, 2023 15:35

They have worked with different producers. For what we know Keith may love Watt's contributions, and hate what One Direction-producer Carl Falk brought to the table.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 8, 2023 16:32

Well, since this is Mick and Keith's last collobaration creatively, let them enjoy arguing over the product. They probably don't know any other way to get something done. That's part of the Glimmer Twins charm: fight, have a compromise solution, and laugh all the way to bank...

But seemingly there is the record company on one hand, wanting the album out still this year, and the band on the other, wanting to coin it with a tour. But if the initial plan had realized, we probably would already or very soon have the album in our hands, and tickets in our pockets to the American tour. So the album was pretty ready to go some time ago. Seemingly pragmatic Keith was okay with that then.

But then the tour was cancelled, and there was no hurry any longer with the album. Hmm... Since no hurry any longer, and the band, unlike their record company, not that willing to release it without a tour, how handy it was now for Keith to start complaining about some details about the album. And meanwhile, while UMG people trying to convince them to put the album out during the fall, Mick, keeping his appearances, is explaining them 'Yeah, I know you guys want to have the album out for Christmas sales and everything, but look, we have a terrible artistic disagreement. So sorry, the album is not ready. But I guess it will be sorted out by next year'... winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: May 8, 2023 16:46

Doxa
Well, since this is Mick and Keith's last collobaration creatively, let them enjoy arguing over the product. They probably don't know any other way to get something done. That's part of the Glimmer Twins charm: fight, have a compromise solution, and laugh all the way to bank...

But seemingly there is the record company on one hand, wanting the album out still this year, and the band on the other, wanting to coin it with a tour. But if the initial plan had realized, we probably would already or very soon have the album in our hands, and tickets in our pockets to the American tour. So the album was pretty ready to go some time ago. Seemingly pragmatic Keith was okay with that then.

But then the tour was cancelled, and there was no hurry any longer with the album. Hmm... Since no hurry any longer, and the band, unlike their record company, not that willing to release it without a tour, how handy it was now for Keith to start complaining about some details about the album. And meanwhile, while UMG people trying to convince them to put the album out during the fall, Mick, keeping his appearances, is explaining them 'Yeah, I know you guys want to have the album out for Christmas sales and everything, but look, we have a terrible artistic disagreement. So sorry, the album is not ready. But I guess it will be sorted out by next year'... winking smiley

- Doxa

I don't think Keith has complained publicly himself. I only ready someone else referring to Keith not being too happy with «modern producer-tactics» (paraphrasing).

Have The Stones cut a deal with Universal where they license the upcoming album to them? I thought they were in a position to evaluate different deals? If so, this might be one of the reasons why this is taking so long.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 8, 2023 16:55

“As the world turns, we know the bleakness of winter, the promise of spring, the fullness of summer and the harvest of autumn–the cycle of life is complete.”

Date: May 8, 2023 19:54

Let's hope the crop will be ready for harvesting this year, then.

Date: May 8, 2023 19:56

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

I don't think Keith has complained publicly himself. I only ready someone else referring to Keith not being too happy with «modern producer-tactics» (paraphrasing).

Have The Stones cut a deal with Universal where they license the upcoming album to them? I thought they were in a position to evaluate different deals? If so, this might be one of the reasons why this is taking so long.

As far as I remember from some years back, they only have a distribution deal with Universal. Whenever they deliver the album, Universal will take care of the distribution.

I think it was @georgelicks who said so (please correct me if I misremember something here).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2023 20:23

Since the "new' album is currently off the table indefinitely, might be a good time for them to release a new single, just in time for summer!
Surely they have something they could toss out to the masses, even a decent cover tune would suffice for the time being. Or maybe they can't even agree on that?
Three years and counting since Living in a Ghost Town was released, and time marches on while the Stones continue to gather moss....

Everywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy
'Cause summer's here and the time is right for a new Stones single...
thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 8, 2023 20:34

When did the album status change to "off the table indefinitely?" I understand the speculation about being physically able to tour or the insurance considerations or the guarantee required to mount a tour at that scale, but when did we get a statement about the album? I thought all concerned were simply speculating it might be delayed because of the tour and/or to maximize holiday sales.

Date: May 8, 2023 20:58

Big Al
Hairball
Big Al
So, Keith is reportedly unhappy with this so-called ‘modern’ producer. It’s 2023! Until his misgivings - which we’ll never know, I’m sure - are aired, any issues Keith has will remain meaningless to us. There’s no context. What is it that this producer is doing ‘wrong’, exactly? It’s not a contemporary R&B or dance-oriented record, is it? It’s a ‘rock’ record. Im not sure how Keith can be unhappy. What, is the producer daring to not make use of analogue, antiquated equipment? Again: it’s 2023! Let’s have a fresh, modern record, blended with the Stones’ traditional values.

Andrew Watt also played guitar on every track on the new Iggy album which he produced, as well as most tracks on the Ozzy album which he also a produced.
Could it be that Andrew Watt was trying to force his guitar playing on to the Stones album, and if so could this be the "production tactics" that Keith is having problems with?
They already have two guitar players in Keith and Ronnie (three if you include Mick), so Keith might have valid complaints if Watt is attempting to make his presence felt in ways that aren't necessarily welcome.

That’s a valid point, Hairball. It could very well be that Keith is unhappy with Andrew Watt possibly being a little too ‘hands-on’, so to speak. If we look back to the Bridges to Babylon sessions, Keith certainly wasn’t impressed with those who considered to be too involved. In fact, didn’t the sessions almost look like two solo albums?

Keith has been known to be stubborn, and while sometimes his complaints might be valid, other times there seems to be no good reason at all
Just hope this doesn't mean they have to start from scratch again, or that Mick doesn't feel the need to say "don't hold your breath" again.

A quick compromise would be to release a new single - maybe an A side with a Mick tune, and a B-side that features a Keith tune,
But there's always the strong possibility there would be disagreement even with that! They just don't seem to see eye to eye, and it's been that way for many years now.

18 years and counting............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-08 20:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: May 8, 2023 21:49

Hi everybody...
it is really boring to hear nothing!
No tour this year(!!)and some ask me: What about the new album??
I say it's ready! But how ready??
Patience please?? How long after 18 years??
One man said to me: Maybe they proof the new songs about plagiarism ..not a joke!
I hope in a few days it all will clear with an announcement Mr.Jagger
D

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 8, 2023 22:12

Mr Jagger is no more, it's Sir Michael or Sir Michael Jagger. Jagger will be fine too, or Michael or Mick - but not Mr Jagger. He is gentry, not a commoner.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2023 22:17

Rocky Dijon
When did the album status change to "off the table indefinitely?" I understand the speculation about being physically able to tour or the insurance considerations or the guarantee required to mount a tour at that scale, but when did we get a statement about the album? I thought all concerned were simply speculating it might be delayed because of the tour and/or to maximize holiday sales.

If we don't allow the swirling masses to hyperventilate from time to time then there really is little else to discuss.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2023 22:36

Maybe getting Macca to rebuild THE WALL ....

You know he was always singing about fixing a hole

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 8, 2023 22:47

Hairball
Big Al
Hairball
Big Al

Keith has been known to be stubborn, and while sometimes his complaints might be valid, other times there seems to be no good reason at all
Just hope this doesn't mean they have to start from scratch again, or that Mick doesn't feel the need to say "don't hold your breath" again.

A quick compromise would be to release a new single - maybe an A side with a Mick tune, and a B-side that features a Keith tune,
But there's always the strong possibility there would be disagreement even with that! They just don't seem to see eye to eye, and it's been that way for many years now.

18 years and counting............

In the past ( last few Stones albums ) Keith was content for Mick to do the finishing, final production sound, maybe this time because Keith's retired and sober he's focused on the final product and digging his heals in.

18 years, perhaps Micks playing the waiting game, reminds me of squatter and the ant..
There's something ridiculously spinal tap about the tour and album, almost 700 pages of BS.
I wish the Stones had continued with solo albums, at least we would have something to play from them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-08 22:50 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: May 8, 2023 23:02

Big Al
Hairball
Big Al

I am a huge Iggy Pop/Stooges fan, but I think Iggy's new Andrew-Watt-produced album "Every Loser" is terrible. The music is faceless pop-punk and if it weren't for Iggy's vocals it could be by any cartoon punk band aiming for the US Top 40. Ultra-commercial, polished to a high gloss and without any character.

Date: May 8, 2023 23:06

If things continue at the snails pace they've been going, there's a mighty good chance we will have the pleasure to witness a new Keith solo album before we'll ever get to experience the supposed new Stones album. In a perfect world I would be delighted with both, but not holding my breath for either st this point. Not giving up hope though.thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 8, 2023 23:13

Looks like Keith was clearing out the closet and found some Record Store Day singles...at least he's selling something

Keith Richards Store - Vinyl

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 9, 2023 01:10

keefriffhards
In the past ( last few Stones albums ) Keith was content for Mick to do the finishing, final production sound, maybe this time because Keith's retired and sober he's focused on the final product and digging his heals in.

18 years, perhaps Micks playing the waiting game, reminds me of squatter and the ant..
There's something ridiculously spinal tap about the tour and album, almost 700 pages of BS.
I wish the Stones had continued with solo albums, at least we would have something to play from them.

Actually for two of their last three albums Keith got his way, courtesy of Was siding with him it seems, on VL, a retro song selection/production and for ABB, a demo sounding album with no outside help. As a result practically nothing memorable has survived from these albums, unlike from B2B.

Having said that it seems we can credit Keith for putting his foot down when it came to the tuneless GGaG and EL singles since he apparently told Mick to release them under his name, around or after the time they "hit the wall"...

In any case it's pretty appalling that the Glimmer Twins have practically nothing to show for the past 20 years other than laughing all the way to the bank again and again after fleecing the fans. Such a waste...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 9, 2023 01:30

That's interesting, agree with most of what you say although for me VL is far better than B2B.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...642643644645646647648649650651652...LastNext
Current Page: 647 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home